PDA

View Full Version : Two Years at LHC! (Pics!)

veryhairyfairy
January 5th, 2015, 10:00 AM
What a whirlwind two years it's been since I joined! In that time my life has changed drastically, and I've also grown from almost waist to tailbone.
I did the usual new-to-LHC experimenting and in the end found that my perfect routine is to wash with sulfate free shampoo (allergy reasons) and condition a LOT (I'm currently doing three diluted conditioner applications in a row, but that's because my ends are pretty damaged).

This year I'll be maintaining at TBL to finally start getting rid of over 12" of pre-LHC damage caused by dyes, baking soda, and rough handling (and BBB brushing, but that only caused damage/breakage because my hair was already damaged).

And now on to the pictures! :D
January 2013: Allllmost waist length, and I obviously still hadn't perfected my 'best possible hair picture routine'. :lol:
http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af164/veryhairyfairy/length1-16-13152x175_zps35fd4d50.jpg (http://s1004.photobucket.com/user/veryhairyfairy/media/length1-16-13152x175_zps35fd4d50.jpg.html)

January 2014: Smack dab in the middle of hip and TBL (you can see that this is where the thinning of my ends starts to show up)
http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af164/veryhairyfairy/length1-12-142282x500_zpsa6f12d57.jpg (http://s1004.photobucket.com/user/veryhairyfairy/media/length1-12-142282x500_zpsa6f12d57.jpg.html)

January 2015: About an inch past TBL, and finally starting to thicken those ends up by maintaining.
http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af164/veryhairyfairy/Length1-4-2015_zps015709a6.jpg (http://s1004.photobucket.com/user/veryhairyfairy/media/Length1-4-2015_zps015709a6.jpg.html)

Thanks to all my hair buddies and everyone who has given me advice and/or encouragement these last two years, and thanks for looking at my thread! :flowers:

ETA: Also, 1,000 posts! :cheese:

SnottyDotty
January 5th, 2015, 10:03 AM
Beautiful progress, congratulations :)

woolyleprechaun
January 5th, 2015, 10:03 AM
Ahhh, so beautiful! Congratulations! Do you henna? Your colour is to die for....

hanne jensen
January 5th, 2015, 10:06 AM
Beautiful hair! you have grown a lot and your ends aren't that thin.

RachelRose
January 5th, 2015, 10:08 AM
Beautiful !!!!!!!!!!!! Wow ! Congrats and your hair is awesome ! Is that a slight v hemine at tailbone or natural taper ? I'm asking because I love them on longer hair and I think I want one myself when I get there . Anyway bravo and keep on growing !

wilderwein
January 5th, 2015, 10:26 AM
First of all your hair looks AMAZING!
Second you have a great body, it doesn't look to me like you gain weight at all, in fact you seem more fit!

prettyinpink
January 5th, 2015, 10:31 AM
Wow, thats a lot of hair growth in just 2 years!!

squirrrel
January 5th, 2015, 10:31 AM
Such gorgeous hair - and what amazing progress.

Good work there. :)

veryhairyfairy
January 5th, 2015, 10:32 AM
:o Such nice words from all of you!!! Thank you! :crush:

Ahhh, so beautiful! Congratulations! Do you henna? Your colour is to die for....
Thank you, I do henna! I'm trying to transition to a more coppery color (with less-long applications), but I'm so glad that what I have now is pleasing!

Beautiful !!!!!!!!!!!! Wow ! Congrats and your hair is awesome ! Is that a slight v hemine at tailbone or natural taper ? I'm asking because I love them on longer hair and I think I want one myself when I get there . Anyway bravo and keep on growing !

Oh goodness, thank you! It was a slight V until I trimmed it yesterday, now it's a U shape. I got the V using the ponytail under the chin method of trimming, by placing the ponytail as close to my neck as possible.

First of all your hair looks AMAZING!
Second you have a great body, it doesn't look to me like you gain weight at all, in fact you seem more fit!

:smooch: Thank you! I shouldn't let my insecurity make me feel bad about what I have, thanks for the boost! :flower:

LauraLongLocks
January 5th, 2015, 10:41 AM
Veryhairyfairy, you have given me much-needed inspiration. I'm about where you were a year ago, and would be delighted if mine was to your length by next year. Your hair is very beautiful. You should be proud. Congratulations.

CremeTron
January 5th, 2015, 10:46 AM
Your progress is amazing!

wilderwein
January 5th, 2015, 10:49 AM
:smooch: Thank you! I shouldn't let my insecurity make me feel bad about what I have, thanks for the boost! :flower:

The point is that you shouldn't have insecurities at the first place, couse seriously there is nothing there to feel bad o_o I will probably sound lesbian-ish (oh if only it was the first time hahaha) but I wish I had butt like yours! (mine is non existing -_-')

woolyleprechaun
January 5th, 2015, 10:54 AM
Chiming in again to add the lesbian-esque butt compliments haha (hey, we can appreciate other ladies derrieres without it being sexual, eh?). I'm also aiming for a lighter henna; I just did my roots with a cassia/henna mix and I'm over the moon with the coppery results. I'm dreading oxidisation though ��

Sarahlabyrinth
January 5th, 2015, 11:01 AM
Such beautiful hair, and I love your hemline! So how did you get the U shape?

veryhairyfairy
January 5th, 2015, 11:12 AM
The point is that you shouldn't have insecurities at the first place, couse seriously there is nothing there to feel bad o_o I will probably sound lesbian-ish (oh if only it was the first time hahaha) but I wish I had butt like yours! (mine is non existing -_-')

Chiming in again to add the lesbian-esque butt compliments haha (hey, we can appreciate other ladies derrieres without it being sexual, eh?). I'm also aiming for a lighter henna; I just did my roots with a cassia/henna mix and I'm over the moon with the coppery results. I'm dreading oxidisation though ��

Oh goodness you guys! I was laughing and blushing at the same time! (I often want to compliment the nice booty butts I see here, nice to know I'm not alone) :rollin:

I've been applying my henna for only 30 minutes in an effort to go coppery, wooly, and I'm liking the results I get (but I'm also pretty blonde up top). I'm seeing that overlap is causing some darkening, but I'm just so not willing to make it too much of a hassle lol.

(and you're right, wilderwein, thank you for your kind words)

Such beautiful hair, and I love your hemline! So how did you get the U shape?

Oh thank you! I gave myself an accidental V shape last time I trimmed by placing a ponytail at the base of my neck (in the front) and trimming, and then this time I placed the ponytail right underneath my chin, which I think evened out the V into a U. I'm still not sure if putting the ponytail under the tip of your chin would give a U shape or straight across, but I'll keep the peeps in the microtrimming/maintaining thread apprised of what happens next trim.

And thank you, Laura! :flower: I can't wait to see how gorgeous your already gorgeous hair looks at longer and longer lengths!

Ambrielle
January 5th, 2015, 11:41 AM
congrats! you must proud of your beautiful mane :flower:

as others have stated i too feel inspired by your hair journey thread! thank you for sharing, seeing how much growth you've had and how healthy your hair looks is truly motivating! what's your average growth monthly rate veryhairfairy?

Kome
January 5th, 2015, 11:54 AM
So pretty! :)

embee
January 5th, 2015, 12:10 PM
Very pretty!

Johannah
January 5th, 2015, 12:11 PM
Great progress! Congrats!

Crumpet
January 5th, 2015, 12:35 PM
Your hair looks absolutely lovely. Your ends really don't look too thin, but its a great idea to thicken them up at a length you are happy with. Wonderful work and so gorgeous!!

veryhairyfairy
January 5th, 2015, 12:44 PM
Dooooh, you guys! Thank you all so much for your sweet compliments! :crush:

congrats! you must proud of your beautiful mane :flower:

as others have stated i too feel inspired by your hair journey thread! thank you for sharing, seeing how much growth you've had and how healthy your hair looks is truly motivating! what's your average growth monthly rate veryhairfairy?

Thank you! :o Last year I didn't trim at all and I grew almost exactly 6 inches, so I think I grow the average 1/2" a month.

LauraLongLocks
January 5th, 2015, 01:23 PM
I can't wait to see my hair at longer lengths, either! I hope it will grow phenomenally fast this year.

Ambrielle
January 5th, 2015, 06:24 PM
Dooooh, you guys! Thank you all so much for your sweet compliments! :crush:

Thank you! :o Last year I didn't trim at all and I grew almost exactly 6 inches, so I think I grow the average 1/2" a month.

that's so encouraging :o i am almost tempted *not* to trim at all this year after seeing your results... but i will probably chicken out at some point hahaha <3