PDA

View Full Version : longest hair in the world

chen bao jun
January 4th, 2015, 08:02 PM
www.tlhw.com/tlhw000/longest/e-1-3-dyq001.htm

RapunzelKat
January 4th, 2015, 08:44 PM
Wow, beautiful hair! :thud: It's sad it causes her so much trouble though. :(

For sheer length, I think Xie Quiping has her beat, though. :)
http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/longest-hair-%28female%29

chen bao jun
January 4th, 2015, 09:01 PM
Wow, 18 feet.
I wonder if miss dyq really has such a lonely life or not.

prettyinpink
January 4th, 2015, 09:13 PM
Aw what a nice story. I just dont understand why a guy would not want to be with a lady with such super long hair

gthlvrmx
January 4th, 2015, 09:54 PM
www.tlhw.com/tlhw000/longest/e-1-3-dyq001.htm

Wow, beautiful hair! :thud: It's sad it causes her so much trouble though. :(

For sheer length, I think Xie Quiping has her beat, though. :)
http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/longest-hair-%28female%29

Wow that is gorgeous hair! My dream hair right there.

Sharysa
January 4th, 2015, 10:07 PM
Good lord, three meters of hair?! That's genuinely twice my height! Way past my personal limit since that means she can't wear it down, it affects her walking speed, and she gets headaches, but lots of respect for her dedication.

And I can definitely get why it would be hard to find a guy willing to put up with her hair--that sort of thing is intimidating for ME to think about. Not just in upkeep, but being known in the world as "the husband/boyfriend of the super-long-haired woman."

CurlyCap
January 5th, 2015, 12:28 AM
The website even has a list of longest hair in the world, and lists Xie Quiping as the longest haired female.

As for the rest, I dunno. I've always seen long hair as something to be enjoyed. If it's making life not fun...cut it.

Aurum
January 5th, 2015, 01:58 AM
I think long hair is amazing, and I can't wait to get to extreme lengths myself. But this would be too much for me. If I can't even walk with it down, it's getting chopped. Props to her for being able to take care of it and put up with the weight of it all on her head!

TayDragonis
January 5th, 2015, 03:01 AM
Despite the sadness she obviously loves her hair very much. I've looked up pictures of her and her hair is wonderful, I personally wouldn't like it that long, but saying that I still want to see how long I can get my hair. I hope she can finally find someone to love all of her though :)

Madora
January 5th, 2015, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the article, Chen Bao Jun. Aside from the incredible length and all the patience needed to live with such a mane, it struck me as odd that she didn't try to confine her hair in a braid at night and had to spend half an hour the next day getting it back in order.

hanne jensen
January 5th, 2015, 10:20 AM
Isn't there a way for her to put her hair up using sticks or pins or something? She should join the LHC!

RapunzelKat
January 5th, 2015, 11:17 AM
Isn't there a way for her to put her hair up using sticks or pins or something? She should join the LHC!

Agreed! :D I'm thinking 3 braids braided together to eat some length, then wrapped around her head and pinned... :hmm:

CurlMonster
January 6th, 2015, 04:32 AM
The way she wears it up sounds very unusual. "She must walk very slowly and do everything very carefully, otherwise her long hair will drop down immediately." sounds like it is just balanced on top of her head, rather than actually being braided/pinned in any way!

Angels+Eyeliner
January 6th, 2015, 05:15 AM
^ I think that might be a translation error. It did seem a bit inconsistent to me (referring to her as 'she' and 'I' without any indication of speech, or change of POV).

I admire her patience but I can't see how she still loves it so much if it causes her such problems. I'm not planning on going much past classic, though the trend of LHC seems to be that once you reach a target you want to go further and I can see myself doing that. However, if it got to the point where my hair was literally ruling my life (an hour detangling in the morning, when I've other things to do, and two bottles of shampoo per wash?)

Did anyone else think that the frequency and amount of shampoo per wash was a bit much? I'd imagine, since she seems to keep it covered all the time, she won't have much problem with dust getting to it, and she can't have oil all the way down the length...