PDA

View Full Version : So, I used dog shampoo on my hair...

Eichan
January 4th, 2015, 07:11 AM
So, I used dog shampoo in my hair last night.

On purpose.

I like the ingredients and it smelled divine :)

It was Espree brand, the tea tree one, with the picture of a dog with an ice pack on it's head. I'd go get the name, but we currently have 3 teenagers dying to use the bathroom and SOMEONE is in there brushing their hair that they Are trying to grow out, about to blowfry and flat iron it ;D

Anyhow. OH never mind she's out. Tea tree and aloe Vera medicated shampoo. I checked the ingredients and either they don't list the medicine or the tea tree/aloe is the medication? Anyhow.

Ingredients:
Organic Aloe Vera, Coconut Based Cleansers, Panthenol, Jojoba, Vitamins A, D, and E, Tea Tree Oil, Salicylic Acid.

On the bottom it says

Non-Detergent
Biodegradeable (100%)
Cruelty Free
Human Grade Ingredients
No Parabens
No chemical dyes

So, I was like... Hey, that sounds okayish.

It didn't lather at all, and it smelled really nice.

My hair is less frizzy than it usually is. Very shiny, was easy to detangle. Soft and Silky.

I wash twice a week and don't dye my hair or use heat, so I don't know anything about how it affects non-virgin, non-me hair :)

But I'd use it again!

lapushka
January 4th, 2015, 07:15 AM
Doesn't sound too bad, at all. Nice it worked out for you! Do I sense a trend here? ;)

Johannah
January 4th, 2015, 09:07 AM
Oh well, if it works, why not? ;)

Kelikea
January 4th, 2015, 09:15 AM
It's probably called "medicated" because of the salicylic acid. The ingredients sound pretty safe for humans:)

pastina
January 4th, 2015, 09:21 AM
it would pull a lot of color out of treated hair, to answer that question. :-)

CRX<3
January 4th, 2015, 09:37 AM
I use the Espree brand for my cats, my favorite are rainforest scent and honey & oat, the cats smell lovley after a bath! and usually I dilute it a lot and still get nice suds! I have never tried it on my hair, but I will now! :D

M-L-E
January 4th, 2015, 10:34 AM
Sounds a lot safer than most hair products intended for humans! Salicylic acid is really good for acne, so I'm guessing it has cleansing/anti-bacterial/anti-inflammatory properties?? But the other ingredients are so natural and gentle! :)

askan
January 4th, 2015, 11:19 AM
Ive used Espree dog shampoo on my hair too, a green bottle with melon and cucumber scent. My dog really really doesn't like bathing so we gave up trying to give hem baths other than outside in the summertime. It worked ok on my hair, but i remember that my hair felt very anti-slippery and coarse before putting conditioner in though.Something about that made it hard to massage it onto the scalp and I had to use a lot of the shampoo. In between washes it was fine and i loved the scent. I used up a bottle but i now use a regular shampoo that lathers more, which i like.

I think some producs for pets are probably a lot more gentle than products made for humans. You should probably keep away from the shed-easy dog shampoo though!

MeowScat
January 4th, 2015, 11:26 AM
Funny, just an hour ago I was reading an article about the harshness of baking soda as shampoo. One of the commenters said she switched to a natural dog shampoo and her hair has never felt better. I'd never even thought to look at the ingredients, sounds like a great idea!