PDA

View Full Version : lack of technique or what?

mamaherrera
January 3rd, 2015, 06:28 PM
I yesterday, tried this hairstyle. I did two braids, No elastic band to start , but I started them in the middle of the back of my head. Then tied each one off. Then I knotted them once, twice, and then went to tuck ends in with hairpins, which worked ok. when I went to take them out I had a big mess, just due to two hairs, that must have been loose from the crown, and the ends of the braids had somehow wrapped themselves/tangled up in those two hairs that were slightly loose at the crown. I struggled to get the braids off my head, because of this painful tangle that had resulted. I don't think I pulled out, but they got a good tugging and it was hard, because I can't see back there, so I had to experiment, and go by feel as to how to get out of this mess. Just wondering what I need to work on doing better so I don't get these messes. Hopefully you can understand, as it's a hard one to explain!!

Vanilla
January 3rd, 2015, 06:38 PM
I have never really been able to do that knotted braided hairstyle myself at all. For me, my hair does not stay in that hairstyle, even with pins. Have you tried French/Dutch braids then bunning? Sometimes that can help with making sure all of your hair gets into the style and doesn't knot.

mamaherrera
January 3rd, 2015, 06:42 PM
And I have to be honest, you're right, it didn't really want to stay pinned down too well.

Vanilla
January 3rd, 2015, 06:45 PM
I also have that problem with braided Chinese buns. My ends are pretty blunt, and never want to stay tucked in either. If I want something super secure that doesn't tangle at all, I do a braided nautilus bun with a ponytail base.