PDA

View Full Version : Reflecting on 2014... with pictures of wedding hair!

looniac
January 3rd, 2015, 04:59 PM
So, I am not a frequent flier of LHC, but I pop back in from time to time to check in and see what's up, so I thought I would share how my growth journey has been!

I cut my hair to pixie length in 2009 and have been growing it out since. My hair is now just past BSL when curly, and my longest hairs are a bit past waist when pulled straight. I rarely wear my hair down - usually put it into a braid after showering and then a bun for subsequent days - but I wanted to share pictures from my wedding this past year in October as it shows my hair down (well, half up technically) and my curl pattern pretty well:

http://www.lizlavorgna.com/Clients/Margot-Erik-Schmitt/i-75sHnw8/0/L/DSC_0540-L.jpg

http://www.lizlavorgna.com/Clients/Margot-Erik-Schmitt/i-RwDpPv6/0/L/DSC_0855-L.jpg

I am uncertain right now how long I plan to grow... I am thinking I would like my curls to reach my hips but I don't know how long that means stretched out or what my curls will look like at that length, so we'll see! I trim about twice each year but I am considering going without trims this year. I use Deva Curl NoPoo and One Conditioner, sometimes using the One Conditioner as a leave in. Other than that, I'd say I use benign neglect. I am searching for more protective styles to use other than the basic braid and bun, but I'm kind of a tomboy and pretty lazy, so complicated styles aren't my thing. Maybe I'll add a third style to the mix though in the coming years!

Thank you LHC for the inspiration to keep going and keep growing! I hope I can provide inspiration for those at the beginning of their journey as well (as someone in the middle of their growth journey).

anitacs9101
January 3rd, 2015, 05:31 PM
Beautiful!!!! I'm very envious of your curls!

Hotrox
January 3rd, 2015, 06:41 PM
Very beautiful curls, your wedding looks a lot of fun too!!

Nadine <3
January 3rd, 2015, 06:44 PM
Did you get a bouncy house...for your wedding? Seriously I love you for that. That's the coolest thing!

Oh, and your hair is stunning!

mariechin1234
January 3rd, 2015, 07:59 PM
Your hairs are lovely. What hair care products do you use and the hair care routine?

looniac
January 4th, 2015, 06:24 AM
Did you get a bouncy house...for your wedding? Seriously I love you for that. That's the coolest thing!

Oh, and your hair is stunning!

Yes, I did! It was one of the things that was top priority for me. Unfortunately not many of the guests used it, but I certainly did!

looniac
January 4th, 2015, 06:26 AM
Your hairs are lovely. What hair care products do you use and the hair care routine?

I use DevaCurl products - NoPoo and One Conditioner. Usually I just put it up into a braid after showering and then into a simple bun for the subsequent days until I wash again. I have had about two trims per year to keep down on damage, but am considering going with no trims this coming year.

Begemot
January 4th, 2015, 09:35 AM
Beautiful!!!! I'm very envious of your curls!

Me too! Lovely pictures :)

LemonFizzy
January 4th, 2015, 09:39 AM
Beautiful hair and pics! Is that your house that you're currently building in the first pic?

Seriously, a bouncy house at your wedding? Can we hang out? You have a very down-to-earth but whimsical style!

hanne jensen
January 4th, 2015, 10:33 AM
Your hair is beautiful and I love your curl pattern.

looniac
January 4th, 2015, 05:45 PM
Beautiful hair and pics! Is that your house that you're currently building in the first pic?

Seriously, a bouncy house at your wedding? Can we hang out? You have a very down-to-earth but whimsical style!

Yes, Yes, and Yes!

We are building a barn/house - my partner is a metal worker so part of our home needs to be his shop - and the rest of it will be living space until we build the main house (if that ever happens because after building this we are going to need a long reprieve from building).

And of course a bouncy house at the wedding! We're not much of dancers, so we had a folk trio playing music for enjoyment in the barn and then had lawn games and the bounce house outside.

And if you're near Vermont or ever in this neck of the woods, Sure! Why not! :)

lapushka
January 4th, 2015, 05:59 PM
Lovely pictures. :) And lovely curls as well! Happy growing.

LemonFizzy
January 6th, 2015, 01:01 PM
Yes, Yes, and Yes!

We are building a barn/house - my partner is a metal worker so part of our home needs to be his shop - and the rest of it will be living space until we build the main house (if that ever happens because after building this we are going to need a long reprieve from building). )

Love the pics because you have that moment in your lives captured, it helps tell that part of the story of when you were getting married and building the house/workshop. :blossom:

And if I'm near Vermont, I might just swing by! I'm currently not, I'm where it's chilly but the grass is green.