PDA

View Full Version : Bellydance hair toss question

Chiaroscuro
January 2nd, 2015, 10:01 AM
I'm trying to find the term for a hair toss. It starts with the dancer bending over backwards. She then begins to gently sway side to side until the hair begins to swing on a pendulum. Eventually the hair picks up enough momentum to swing constantly in complete 360 circles while the dancer is just barely swaying. Does anyone know the term for this, and if there is a video or written instruction? Thanks! And happiest of New Years!!:smooch:

SkyChild
January 2nd, 2015, 10:21 AM
Maybe Seeshami can help, she's a bellydancer?

Johannah
January 2nd, 2015, 10:23 AM
Maybe Seeshami can help, she's a bellydancer?

I was thinking the exact same thing ;) Seeshami, where are you? :D

Kina
January 2nd, 2015, 11:06 AM
I'm trying to find the term for a hair toss. It starts with the dancer bending over backwards. She then begins to gently sway side to side until the hair begins to swing on a pendulum. Eventually the hair picks up enough momentum to swing constantly in complete 360 circles while the dancer is just barely swaying. Does anyone know the term for this, and if there is a video or written instruction? Thanks! And happiest of New Years!!:smooch:

Do you have a video? There are a lot of folkloric movements that use the hair, it would help narrow it down.

SkyChild
January 2nd, 2015, 11:40 AM
Maybe youtube bellydancer hair toss?

EDIT - Actually don't, I've just been trawling away through hundreds of dreadful "belly dance" videos where the girls are basically just writhing and chucking their hair about (ouch, whiplash much?)

Possibly try a bellydancing forum?