PDA

View Full Version : Good, reasonably priced scissors in the UK for S+D?

houlihan
January 1st, 2015, 08:34 PM
The title says it all, really. I'm trying to avoid trims this year, so a friend (and fellow LHC-lover!) and I have decided to get a pair of proper hair scissors to share. Does anyone have recommendations of where to look/particular pairs that are especially good but not bankruptcy-inducing?

DreamSheep
January 2nd, 2015, 05:53 AM
I got mine from Boots for £9.99
They have more expensive ones there too which are probably better and sharper, and also cheaper ones. I decided to go for the intermediately priced ones so as not to break the bank, but so they would last too.

Johannah
January 2nd, 2015, 08:38 AM
Be careful with scissors you find in drugstores. Not sure where you live, but I've bought such scissors and they weren't sharp at all. Then I bought the Jaguar prestyle relax 5.5 (http://www.haarshop.nl/product/jaguar-pre-style-relax-55-inch). It's a professional one and it costs €28. Maybe it's a lot of money in general, but compared to other professional scissors it isn't.

houlihan
January 2nd, 2015, 04:52 PM
Be careful with scissors you find in drugstores. Not sure where you live, but I've bought such scissors and they weren't sharp at all. Then I bought the Jaguar prestyle relax 5.5 (http://www.haarshop.nl/product/jaguar-pre-style-relax-55-inch). It's a professional one and it costs €28. Maybe it's a lot of money in general, but compared to other professional scissors it isn't.

They cost about £40 over here, which is similar to the price of some other ones I've seen, although it's still a huge saving in the long run. I won't have to pay for haircuts, and I'll keep more length than if I went to a hairdresser. Is there really that huge a difference between the ones you have and some of the better drugstore ones?

I got mine from Boots for £9.99
They have more expensive ones there too which are probably better and sharper, and also cheaper ones. I decided to go for the intermediately priced ones so as not to break the bank, but so they would last too.

I was in Boots today and didn't even think to look *facepalm*