PDA

View Full Version : vo5 detangle and shine spray

plainjanegirl
September 28th, 2008, 04:09 PM
This is supposed to be a leave in conditioner. Has anybody tried this. It is alot cheaper than the Aussie or Pantene leave in conditioner. Just wanted to get some feed back on this. I'm not sure if it has cones or not, probably.

AmandaPanda
September 29th, 2008, 05:42 PM
I have the old version, which doesn't have cones. I think the new formula does.

It leaves my hair with this stiff/coated feeling. I think it contains protein

plainjanegirl
September 30th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Oh I was hoping to hear it was a good thing. :(

Sherri
September 30th, 2008, 08:43 AM
I have been using it only after a wash just for detangling my hair when hair is still wet and works great for me :) I have been thinking of using on dry hair but haven't tried it yet?

Tapioca
September 30th, 2008, 10:33 AM
Oh I was hoping to hear it was a good thing. :(

Just because it doesn't work for some, doesn't mean it won't for you. If there's one thing I've learned here, it's that everyone's hair is different. Give it a try. If it doesn't work for you, you can always offer it up on the swap board.

plainjanegirl
October 1st, 2008, 04:16 PM
Just because it doesn't work for some, doesn't mean it won't for you. If there's one thing I've learned here, it's that everyone's hair is different. Give it a try. If it doesn't work for you, you can always offer it up on the swap board.

Thanks that's a good idea! I have never swapped anything so maybe it's time I try if need be, huh?

plainjanegirl
October 1st, 2008, 04:17 PM
I have been using it only after a wash just for detangling my hair when hair is still wet and works great for me :) I have been thinking of using on dry hair but haven't tried it yet?

If you do try it on dry hair would you let me know how it does?
And have you ever tried any of the other brands of leave in conditioners: like aussie or pantene, etc.....I didn't know how it compares to any of these???
Thanks again!!

Also like someone else mentioned do you know if yours has cones and protein? So if it contains both the cones would help with frizzies some and detangling, but with it being a conditioner with protein would I get moisture or just protein???

plainjanegirl
October 4th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Also another thing I wanted to ask if it contains protein would it strengthen my hair?

AmandaPanda
October 4th, 2008, 11:49 AM
the protein should strengthen your hair.

Maybe it didn't work for me because I tried it on dry hair? I should try it again, but apply it differently

Maybe I can sell mine to you if you can pay with paypal? You can just cover the shipping cost + paypal fees. I'm not sure if the shipping would cost more than the product itself (might be cheaper to buy it in a store, but then, this formula is no longer available).

It doesn't contain protein.

Here are the specs from my bottle:
12 oz bottle (20% more), about 95% full:

Ingredients (on my bottle):Water, propylene glycol, tea-lauryl ether, lactic acid, phytantriol, grapefruit extract, sunflower seed extract, cinnamidopropyltrimonium chloride, panthenol, biotin, tocopherol acetate, ascorbic acid, niacinamide, aloe leaf juice, polysorbate 20, methylparaben, fragrance

Ingredients from drugstore.com:
Water (Agua), Glycerin, Amodimethicone, PEG 12 Dimethicone, PVP, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Silk, Tocopheryl Acetate, Niacinamide, Biotin, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid, Polysorbate 20, Cetrimonium Chloride, Trideceth 12, Cetylpyridinium Chloride, Benzophenone 4, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance (Parfum)