PDA

View Full Version : Silver Shampoo Question

BeccaAngel
December 30th, 2014, 09:11 PM
I been using this for a couple weeks now, its working well. Just wondering if anyone knows. if i stopped using it would it go back to yellow tints? and just wanted to know if anyone knows what silver shampoo does chemically to hair?

butterflybutton
December 30th, 2014, 11:26 PM
It's just a very diluted tempory colour. So eventually it will fade/wash out if you stop using the silver shampoo. To maintain your new toned hair just reduce the frequency you use it.

Johannah
December 31st, 2014, 03:58 AM
Silver shampoo has a purple color wish compensates the yellow color in your hair, nothing too fancy. If you stop using it, your hair will become like it used to. Purple shampoo isn't more chemical than other regular shampoos, but it is more drying because it doesn't contain a lot of 'nourishing' ingredients (as far as that's possible in a shampoo).

JellyBene
January 3rd, 2015, 11:26 AM
Silver shampoo is just normal shampoo but with a very low level of purple color that deposits onto your hair. Purple and yellow are opposites on the color wheel so if you add them together, viola it is neither purple nor yellow, but neutral blonde. So yes, unfortunately if you stop using it, within a couple washes it will return to yellow.

CremeTron
January 3rd, 2015, 03:13 PM
Yes. I use purple conditioner on my white streak. When it begins to wash out my streak turn yellow-y again. No chemical change thankfully.