PDA

View Full Version : Has this ever happened to you?

Donyyful
December 30th, 2014, 02:42 PM
Hey everyone ^_^

I was oiling my hair today, and when I was finger detangling and releasing my shed hair, it came across a strand that had experienced a split end very near to the hair bulb. I was shocked since if that strand didn't come to its time to shed, it would of been an inch away from my scalp. I've never had this experience ever.

Out of curiosity, has anyone had this experience or similar? I would usually rarely find a split end that is on the mid length of my hair or further down towards the ends, but never that close to my scalp before.

Kendrix
December 30th, 2014, 05:30 PM
Oh my. This HAS happened to me. I have had two very long hairs that turned out to be jus a single hair follicle before!

Nadine <3
December 30th, 2014, 05:53 PM
Are you sure it was the bulb? Maybe it was a white dot?

meteor
December 30th, 2014, 05:54 PM
There is nothing inherently different about the area of hair strand close to scalp that would make it impossible to split.

The only reason most people find splits concentrated at the bottom is that that hair is older, therefore likely to have been through more damage and wear and tear.

But if, for example, one wears tight static-inducing hats or bobby pins around the scalp, I don't see why that stressed hair wouldn't get some damage... close to bulb or not. :shrug:
That's also why even people with short hair can experience split ends.

Donyyful
December 30th, 2014, 08:28 PM
Oh my. This HAS happened to me. I have had two very long hairs that turned out to be jus a single hair follicle before!

Oh wow :o Its interesting to wonder what we could of done to cause that extent of damage. Thanks for sharing!

Donyyful
December 30th, 2014, 08:29 PM
Are you sure it was the bulb? Maybe it was a white dot?

It was definitely the bulb :p The follicle was quite large and distinguishable.

Donyyful
December 30th, 2014, 08:33 PM
There is nothing inherently different about the area of hair strand close to scalp that would make it impossible to split.

The only reason most people find splits concentrated at the bottom is that that hair is older, therefore likely to have been through more damage and wear and tear.

But if, for example, one wears tight static-inducing hats or bobby pins around the scalp, I don't see why that stressed hair wouldn't get some damage... close to bulb or not. :shrug:
That's also why even people with short hair can experience split ends.

Definitely. It was around the area near my edges close to my ears. I must of done something rough to that area to experience that, but i'm glad that strand shedded, or else i'd be so paranoid about how it'd grow out and get super paranoid about the rest of my strands lol :p

Kendrix
December 31st, 2014, 01:58 AM
Definitely. It was around the area near my edges close to my ears. I must of done something rough to that area to experience that, but i'm glad that strand shedded, or else i'd be so paranoid about how it'd grow out and get super paranoid about the rest of my strands lol :p

*nods in agreement*