PDA

View Full Version : The longer the thinner...

Siava
September 28th, 2008, 02:37 PM
I don't know if this relates or matters to anyone else, but my friend with classic length called today. In our conversation we briefly touched on hair. I told her that I was getting a little frustrated because the longer my hair gets, the thinner it seems. She told me that the same happened to her. She realized that her hair is pulling/stretching because it's getting heavier even though her hair is fine. Her hair is gorgeous even though it's thin and fine. Not a split in sight and smooth as silk. What she told me gave me hope. Figured I'd pass it on.

Anje
September 28th, 2008, 02:43 PM
I've noticed this as well... I pulled my hair into a pony last night, and it seems so much thinner than I remember it being back when it was BSL-ish. (No, I haven't worn many ponytails in that time.) It's long, thin, and straight, and I think part of that is the weight reducing the fluff factor, and part is that the thickness to length ratio just keeps getting smaller.

I imagine this is even more pronounced with curls!

Siava
September 28th, 2008, 03:03 PM
I think so too. The longer it gets, the less pronounced the curls are. I guess I get worried because I look at some albums and see some members have such thick hair even when it's parted, but then I look at my friend's hair. Even though it's fine, it's absolutely stunning so her words of wisdom made me feel better.

spidermom
September 28th, 2008, 03:06 PM
What is bugging me is that the longer my hair gets, the more I notice shorter bits sticking out all over the place, especially in the bottom 4 inches. It's becoming ugly to my eye, which is a disappointment.

AnneAdeline
September 28th, 2008, 07:16 PM
I've noticed this, too. I agree with Anje that it's the ratio changing. My mum has shoulder-length hair and her pony looks so much thicker than mine, even though we have about the same pony circumference. Not that I measured or anything. :whistle:

HairColoredHair
September 28th, 2008, 07:31 PM
I have a very obvious taper to my hair and even where it's not that obvious, I can tell it's thinner at length. However, my ponytail never changes... it's just that certain hairs just don't grow that long. :)

plainjanegirl
September 28th, 2008, 09:33 PM
I don't know if this relates or matters to anyone else, but my friend with classic length called today. In our conversation we briefly touched on hair. I told her that I was getting a little frustrated because the longer my hair gets, the thinner it seems. She told me that the same happened to her. She realized that her hair is pulling/stretching because it's getting heavier even though her hair is fine. Her hair is gorgeous even though it's thin and fine. Not a split in sight and smooth as silk. What she told me gave me hope. Figured I'd pass it on.

You should encourage your friend to become a member here.
Do you know what she uses for splits and for the smoothness.....like does she use a special shampoo, etc??

Siava
September 29th, 2008, 06:03 AM
plainjanegirl, I don't think she uses anything special and washes her hair almost every day because it's oily. Any time I've showered at her house I've always had a broad pick of products she has sitting out. She like to try different things. From what I've seen, all of her stuff is loaded with cones so I'm sure that helps hide any splits she has.

I've told her about this site, but she's not interested. She's not on the computer much at all and has a pretty hectic lifestyle. Still, I need to ask her if I can get a picture of her length so I can show it off in my album since she was my inspiration. :)