PDA

View Full Version : It's been a while!

HazelBug
December 30th, 2014, 03:11 AM
So I haven't been on in a bit. It turns out that growing hair out is a long process! :)

I've grown past apl and I'm heading for bsl at this point in time! I need to get a new picture!!!

I came to the conclusion that I'm not happy if I can't change up my hair color every now and again. I'm willing to saccrifice the possibility of getting to extreem lengths in order to have some color change. So my hair is now black.

I'm in the midst of the dreaded postpartum shed. I had my baby about 3 months ago and the shedding started about 2 weeks back. I don't think the shed has been as bad as it was last time. But it's not over yet. It's been around a year since my last hair cut or trim even. My ends are looking pretty alright. They aren't scraggly or split. My hair doesn't get much taper. So that's not been an issue.

So I guess that's my little hair update! It's nice to be on this sight again!!!

BlazingHeart
December 30th, 2014, 05:48 AM
If you need an occasional color change, will a deposit only dye do the trick? That would mean you could do colors darker than your natural color (or whatever color you are at the moment you want to dye), but not lighter. It's waaaaay healthier for your hair, though - it's actually good conditioning, where conventional dyes that lift weaken the scales in the cuticle of your hair, making it fragile and less able to retain moisture.

Red'N'Curly
December 30th, 2014, 07:17 AM
Congratulations on your new little one Mama!

Tussi
December 31st, 2014, 06:20 AM
As long as you are happy with your hair, that's what counts :)

Congratulations with your new baby!

Johannah
December 31st, 2014, 07:16 AM
Congrats with your baby :)

yogagirl
December 31st, 2014, 09:48 AM
Congrats on the new baby! I hope the shed does not last long.

I think it's great you have figured out what will make you happy in terms of hair. It's different for everyone and that's perfectly fine. I admire the super long hair on others, but I cannot imagine caring for it myself!