PDA

View Full Version : My 1.5 Year Anniversary: Progress Report & Hair Typing Request

blace
December 29th, 2014, 05:13 PM
I have now been here for approximately a year and a half. I just realized this after taking a progress photo last night (it had been a while). I have never been a very patient person and attempting to grow a nice head of hair has helped me work on that. The time has kind of flown by...

A little background:
I chopped my hair in April 2013, after my wedding and years of abuse, and attempted to start as fresh as possible. I was finishing cosmetology school at the time and was finally seeing/recognizing the state that my hair was in. The longest my hair has ever been is BSL and was dyed/fried at the time.

Since joining, I have revamped my way of thinking about hair. I appreciate the amount of knowledge that I have gained here and try to implement as much of it as possible in my personal and professional life. I haven't posted much lately and have been pretty relaxed about tracking my growth rate these past few months. Maybe that is why time has seemed to pass by so quickly. I am finally getting to the point where my hair feels long. Updos are becoming more frequent for me and I even bought my first Ficcare last week! Very exciting for me to say the least.Anyways...

The first picture I am posting is from July 2013 (when I first signed up here and had already been growing for 3 months) and the second is from last night. When I joined I posted for help to determine my hair type. Despite the shortness, I believe that it was concluded that it was possibly a 2a/b. Do you think that has changed at all for me?
Also, I feel that I am just nearly at BSL. Do you agree? Is that length judged by where my bra stap actually sits?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/___excess/IMG_20141229_175039_zps51db395e.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/___excess/Mobile%20Uploads/dec2820142_zps61724284.jpg

georgia_peach
December 29th, 2014, 05:19 PM
Oh my goodness! Your growth rate is AMAZING! And your hair looks so healthy. Congratulations!! (You definitely look to be BSL.)

BambooBeauty
December 29th, 2014, 06:19 PM
wow!! Very pretty hair!!!

skeletonous
December 29th, 2014, 06:48 PM
Gorgeous! :gabigrin: Also yes, you look to be at BSL to me; I personally don't think your hair type has changed.

hannabiss
December 29th, 2014, 07:23 PM
Bsl all the way. Thud worthy hair for sure!!

blace
December 29th, 2014, 07:31 PM
Thank you all so much!

I'm off to change my signature to BSL now! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

meteor
December 29th, 2014, 07:32 PM
Stunning hair! Massive growth! And amazing, thud-worthy texture! :D
I think it's 2b/2c, but could be wrong - I can never figure out waviness/curliness, to be honest.

gthlvrmx
December 29th, 2014, 07:47 PM
Wow that is amazing hair growth in so little time! Congratulations!

Sarahlabyrinth
December 29th, 2014, 08:02 PM
Wow! Amazing hair and great growth! I think your hair is 2b. And gorgeous! I bet you get plenty of compliments.

blace
December 29th, 2014, 08:22 PM
Stunning hair! Massive growth! And amazing, thud-worthy texture! :D
I think it's 2b/2c, but could be wrong - I can never figure out waviness/curliness, to be honest.

I can't either! It's really difficult for me to recognize the subtle differences in waves...

GoblinTart
December 30th, 2014, 01:25 AM
That's 1.5 years growth??? :shocked: I'm insanely jealous! No clue on your hair type though.

Begemot
December 30th, 2014, 02:45 AM
Congrats for anniversary! You made amazing progress in short time and your hair looks lovely :blossom: You look 2b to me but in the second picture it looks like your waves are starting to stretch out so maybe 2a/2b is more correct.

hanne jensen
December 30th, 2014, 05:44 AM
That is amazing growth! Congratulations!

lapushka
December 30th, 2014, 06:39 AM
Very nice growth. I still would say 2a/2b.

Red'N'Curly
December 30th, 2014, 07:13 AM
Your hair is STUNNING. Absolutely beautiful. I never trust hairdressers (too many bad experiences) and self trim/cut/layer everything. But I would completely trust a hairdresser with hair as healthy and long as yours! (You don't happen to live in Kansas City do you?lol)

Way to go!

Johannah
December 30th, 2014, 07:28 AM
Your hair looks 2b to me. And wow, your growth is amazing! Congrats!

blace
December 30th, 2014, 08:29 AM
...But I would completely trust a hairdresser with hair as healthy and long as yours! (You don't happen to live in Kansas City do you?lol)

Way to go!

I don't...but DH and I are Chiefs fans and usually end up traveling there about once a year!

Rowdy
December 30th, 2014, 09:05 AM
You have my dream hair :crush:

Zebra Fish
December 30th, 2014, 10:06 AM
Nice hair and impressive growth there!! :)

blace
December 30th, 2014, 11:38 AM
You have my dream hair :crush:

Thank you so much! Best compliment ever. :gabigrin:

Akville
December 30th, 2014, 12:52 PM
very beautiful hair...

martyna_22
December 30th, 2014, 02:26 PM
I'm in awe of your beautiful texture :) And the growth is impressive! Congratulations!

yogagirl
December 30th, 2014, 03:00 PM
You hair is gorgeous!! I love the big waves (or curls??)! Do they actually stay like that between washings? I'm asking because my waves disappear completely on day two after washing and it bumms me out every time!

blace
December 30th, 2014, 03:29 PM
You hair is gorgeous!! I love the big waves (or curls??)! Do they actually stay like that between washings? I'm asking because my waves disappear completely on day two after washing and it bumms me out every time!

Typically they stay. Sometimes I have to mist with a bit of water+leave-in in the mornings and they bounce back to what they were.

yogagirl
December 30th, 2014, 04:06 PM
That's awesome! Big waves/curls like that are my absolute fave :) I didn't know they existed naturally, I always thought a wide barreled curling iron would be needed.

LiftItNaked
December 30th, 2014, 04:23 PM
I just started my hair journey a couple months ago and I'm so glad I saw your post. It's so encouraging to see your amazing progress.

Kome
December 30th, 2014, 05:19 PM
Holy.... crap. I can't believe your hair grew that fast in that little amount of time. :O I am amazed and your hair is beautiful. I will be saying a prayer tonight that my hair grows that fast from now on. LOL.

blace
December 30th, 2014, 06:47 PM
I just started my hair journey a couple months ago and I'm so glad I saw your post. It's so encouraging to see your amazing progress.

I appreciate you saying that. When I began growing, inspiration on here is what really kept me strong. You'll be close to your goal before you know it.

blace
December 30th, 2014, 06:49 PM
...I will be saying a prayer tonight that my hair grows that fast from now on. LOL.

All I can say is vitamins, protein based diet, scalp massage and lunar based trimmings. I really don't feel like it's grown that quickly but I guess it has.

Sparklylady82
December 30th, 2014, 11:37 PM
Gorgeous hair and amazing progress...congratulations! I think you are still 2a/2b. I am 2b/2c (pic in sig) so I think you'd be less wavy. I love your princess waves :-)

Agnes Hannah
January 2nd, 2015, 03:50 PM
Very pretty hair, I love the waves! Congrats on your growth and 1.5 anni:cool:

anitacs9101
January 3rd, 2015, 05:28 PM
Wow, beautiful hair! And the texture is so pretty!

Are those pics typing pics (washing your hair and letting it dry without brushing it)? If I brush my hair it is 1b or 1c, but if I don't its quite a dramatic difference. If that is your hair brushed, it could be a big change when you don't!

Some people say BSL is at the top of your brastrap and some say at the bottom. I think I called it somewhere around the middle. :)

blace
January 5th, 2015, 10:22 AM
Are those pics typing pics (washing your hair and letting it dry without brushing it)? If I brush my hair it is 1b or 1c, but if I don't its quite a dramatic difference. If that is your hair brushed, it could be a big change when you don't!

Yup. Washed and air dried. I did finger comb right after washing in both photos...but left it alone after that.