PDA

View Full Version : 3 month progress pics! 😃

thatjengirl1
December 29th, 2014, 01:01 AM
http://i62.tinypic.com/2r2stns.jpg

Hey everyone! I haven't posted here in SO long! I think I've been a member since 2007, I've done two big chops to my shoulders since then but no big chop since July 2011. My hair was cut to barely my shoulders then and Ive been trying to grow it to my hips since then.

It's a slow process for me because my individual hairs are quite fine and very split end prone. I never use heat products but my hair still loves split ends. I do get highlights in my hair so Im sure that causes some splits. My new goal is to grow out my natural hair color! All done with bleach. I haven't seen my natural hair since I was 14! I'm 24 now.

So anyways the picture on the left is of me today, on December 28th. And the picture on the right is 3 months ago, on September 26th. To me it seems it has maybe grown an inch or so but the most exciting news is my hair looks in better condition and a bit thicker. I've finally found a good way to care for my hair. Hoping my hair continues to grow! I would like at least 4 more inches.

Just wanted to say hello and show a pic of where I am now.

Does it look any longer to you?

Happy growing everyone 

Begemot
December 29th, 2014, 02:38 AM
It really does look thicker and your ends seem more blunt, great progress! Good luck with growing your natural color :) I hope you will see less split ends after you give up bleach.

Hotrox
December 29th, 2014, 05:07 AM
Oh yes, definitely looks longer and thicker too. Good growing!

What changes have you made, I'm curious as they are obviously working for you :)

georgia_peach
December 29th, 2014, 05:11 AM
I think you have made great progress in just 3 months. :) I definitely see that it's longer. Even the layers on the sides have really grown out. Congratulations! It looks very healthy. But I bet you'll notice a big difference in the split ends when you grow out your natural color, too.

lapushka
December 29th, 2014, 05:32 AM
It looks to me like you've *just* hit hip. Congrats. :D What a journey.

thatjengirl1
December 29th, 2014, 06:58 AM
Oh yes, definitely looks longer and thicker too. Good growing!

What changes have you made, I'm curious as they are obviously working for you :)

Well I was stuck at waist length forever. I really thought the picture on the right was going to be my terminal length. I think what finally helped push it along was keeping up with my S&D'ing. I do that about once every couple weeks. I was also pregnant most of this year. From March to december so either the pregnancy or the prenatals helped. I drank more water than ever in my life this year as well. Also I rarely comb my hair. Just run my fingers through it. Also sleep with it braided, never loose anymore. I wash my hair every four days. So yeah that's about it, that's my routine in a nutshell lol :-)

thatjengirl1
December 29th, 2014, 07:04 AM
I think you have made great progress in just 3 months. :) I definitely see that it's longer. Even the layers on the sides have really grown out. Congratulations! It looks very healthy. But I bet you'll notice a big difference in the split ends when you grow out your natural color, too.

Thanks a lot! I couldn't quite tell if it grew.. I was stuck at the length in the pic on the right forever. So I was shocked today when my hair actually looked different! I really thought I was stuck at my terminal length. So excited to give up bleach! I'm really hoping it helps these layers grow out once and for all. Only downside to saying good bye to bleach is my roots are much greasier without the bleach to help dry them out but hopefully my hair will train itself to not produce so much oil cuz I only like washing every four days :)

Johannah
December 29th, 2014, 08:45 AM
Your hair is so much thicker! Congrats ;)

Mearwynna
December 29th, 2014, 09:31 AM
I think it has grown, too. And it looks like it is in much better condition.