PDA

View Full Version : High Fishtail Braid Bun~ pictures & Youtube link

arc691
December 28th, 2014, 06:39 PM
Hi LHC friends,

I hope that you are having a lovely week so far! I'm so excited about my new adventure of recording videos for Youtube. Yesterday I fixed my hair in a favorite style of mine, a high fishtail braided bun. I uploaded pictures on my hairstyle blog, and a video on my Youtube channel! I love sharing hair pictures (and now videos!) with all my long-hair friends around the world.

My long-hair-blogging journey began about four Christmases ago when I first discovered the Long Hair Community. I have learned so much here on the forum, and made so many dear friends. Thank you all, and my best wishes for a wonderful New Year!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_Ran0bRPeD8/VKBlGX1pSmI/AAAAAAAANPU/MuKfPMr1Y2A/s1600/IMGP9262%2B(536x800).jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-hbwuxRcb5jI/VKBlpoo6SEI/AAAAAAAANQI/qb_OSr1rZww/s1600/IMGP9268%2B(521x800).jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-HWUvTZl7Muc/VKBl9FEj4CI/AAAAAAAANQg/SnAlo4zRhpA/s1600/IMGP9271%2B(691x800).jpg

http://youtu.be/vUu2SJY1jPM

meteor
December 28th, 2014, 06:48 PM
Great tutorial! :thud: You make braiding seem so easy! :D
And thank you so very much for really great, no-nonsense hair care advice! :thumbsup: You are awesome! :love:

arc691
December 28th, 2014, 07:01 PM
Thank you so much, and you are very welcome! I had fun making this video and look forward to making more :)

Ferngear
December 28th, 2014, 11:35 PM
What a great video! You make it look so easy and fast! Very regal -- nicely done. :)

cole
December 29th, 2014, 12:49 AM
Gorgeous! I can't wait until my hair is long enough to try this out. (:

anastasiashea
December 29th, 2014, 12:53 AM
Love the bun and video! You've got a great, pleasant energy. :)

arc691
December 29th, 2014, 02:17 AM
Thank you all so much! I've really had fun making these and am looking forward to doing more :-)

Lady melissa
December 29th, 2014, 02:28 AM
love your hair!! what an amazing color! checked out your blog already last week, very nice :)

Dona
December 29th, 2014, 03:36 AM
Wow, thank you, I'm going to try this when my hair is long enough ;). It's so pretty.

stachelbeere
December 29th, 2014, 04:16 AM
it looks absolutely beautiful! I love the headband, it really makes the hairstyle extra special :) I enjoyed watching the video, too :blossom:

isabele
December 29th, 2014, 04:27 AM
wow , it's awesome :) Thanks you arc691

lapushka
December 29th, 2014, 05:35 AM
I noticed it yesterday, and posted about it in the new video thread. ;) I was sad I couldn't leave a comment on the video, though, but I'm sure there's a good reason comments are disabled.

Definitely do more videos! :D

wilderwein
December 29th, 2014, 05:45 AM
Same with lapushka about the comments!
I also tried the hairstyle and it looks GREAT! the only thing that was a problem with me is that the cliper was kinda pulling my scalp, how do you manage to keep your scalp pain-free? is there a way to place clippers so they wont hurt? Or do I have to try different placing position and find the one who works best with my scalp

jacqueline101
December 29th, 2014, 06:03 AM
Again you've outdone yourself. The video and blog are amazing.

Anabell
December 29th, 2014, 07:36 AM
Thank you so much for the tutorial and for the tips. You are great inspiration to me- You are always so positive and nice, and your hairstyles and clothes always match. You are proved that even with very long hair, you still can go for complicated hairstyles without spending too much time or straggle with it. I'm very appreciated that you didn't fast forward the video. It was intresting to see how long it takes with hair as thick and long as your. Mine are a bit thinner and shorter than yours but it takes me 1 hour for two french\dutch braids and like 15-30 minutes for single simple dutch\french braid. I will try to apply your tip and see if it will work. I also saw that you braid really fast, so maybe I need to practice more. It will be such a fun if I could fix my hair like this in no time. Have a nice day. I will look forward for more videos of yours.

Johannah
December 29th, 2014, 08:42 AM
You are really talented. Thank you for sharing.

lunalocks
December 29th, 2014, 10:25 AM
Very nice! Thank you!

TrapperCreekD
December 29th, 2014, 11:03 AM
:thudpile: Stunning!!!

arc691
December 29th, 2014, 01:55 PM
I noticed it yesterday, and posted about it in the new video thread. ;) I was sad I couldn't leave a comment on the video, though, but I'm sure there's a good reason comments are disabled.

Definitely do more videos! :D

Same with lapushka about the comments!
I also tried the hairstyle and it looks GREAT! the only thing that was a problem with me is that the cliper was kinda pulling my scalp, how do you manage to keep your scalp pain-free? is there a way to place clippers so they wont hurt? Or do I have to try different placing position and find the one who works best with my scalp

Thank you so much to all my friends for viewing my new video and for taking the time to comment here! Yes, I did disable the comments on the actual videos because I didn't want negative comments from outsiders...I know not everyone is a fan of long hair and I wanted to keep everything positive and nice. But I noticed that some people have been commenting on my actual channel, and so far no trouble there. About how I keep my clip from tugging, I find that when you anchor your clip to your ponytail, that takes the pressure off and you end up not feeling it at all. What bothers me sometimes is if I have one or two bobby pins that are sticking me in the head, I have to feel around and try to locate the culprits and rearrange them. That's why I don't use bobby pins as often as I use multiple clips. Thank you for the idea on a subject to talk about in a future video!

arc691
December 29th, 2014, 01:56 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-mK0HYDjeGIE/VKErKyP2FhI/AAAAAAAANTE/XmgjBO6X33c/s1600/Happy-New-Year-2015-GIF-Animated-Wallpaper-9.gif

slynr
December 29th, 2014, 02:00 PM
Very much enjoyed the video. I have always admired your updos and enviable length so it is really neat to see you create them. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to more in the future.

wilderwein
December 29th, 2014, 02:51 PM
Thank you so much to all my friends for viewing my new video and for taking the time to comment here! Yes, I did disable the comments on the actual videos because I didn't want negative comments from outsiders...I know not everyone is a fan of long hair and I wanted to keep everything positive and nice. But I noticed that some people have been commenting on my actual channel, and so far no trouble there. About how I keep my clip from tugging, I find that when you anchor your clip to your ponytail, that takes the pressure off and you end up not feeling it at all. What bothers me sometimes is if I have one or two bobby pins that are sticking me in the head, I have to feel around and try to locate the culprits and rearrange them. That's why I don't use bobby pins as often as I use multiple clips. Thank you for the idea on a subject to talk about in a future video!

Oh thanks a lot! And you are right about the bobby pins, especially (in my case) if I'm using lot's of them and then I'm not sure wich one is causing me pain

arc691
December 30th, 2014, 10:36 PM
Thank you, my friends! And a very Happy New Year to you all :)

Indigo Girl
December 30th, 2014, 11:06 PM
Wow, amazing! I love this tutorial. You always make updos look so elegant. Thank you so much for sharing this :crush:

arc691
January 1st, 2015, 02:28 PM
Oh thank you! I'm still getting over how many views my videos have had so far, thank you so much, everyone!