PDA

View Full Version : Hair texture type question and length question

AZDesertRose
December 27th, 2014, 07:37 PM
On my profile, I've listed my hair as 2a, which is what it used to be (slightly wavy), but it seems to have straightened on me in recent years.

Here is a picture from yesterday, washed, air-dried, and not combed yet.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a43/AZDesertRose/Hair/Lengthphoto26Dec20142crop_zps505c2ae9.jpg

I'm thinking that's more 1c than 2a, but it might even be 1b, so I'm calling on the collective wisdom of LHC. Ideas?

Also, I had been calling it APL, but I'm not sure it's quite there yet. The very longest bits seem to be, but most of it seems a bit short of APL. Thoughts?

I need to take a good length photo, really, but I don't own a top with horizontal stripes. (I have a Rack of Doom, and horizontal stripes make me look like my bust is going to arrive five minutes before the rest of me, LOL.)

Thanks, y'all, and Happy New Year to those who are about to celebrate it! :)

Chocowalnut
December 27th, 2014, 08:05 PM
I would say you're 2a there's definitely a wave to it that will probably develop more as it get longer. And yes your longest layer looks like apl but not the whole length yet. Very pretty and healthy hair :)

AZDesertRose
December 27th, 2014, 08:27 PM
Thank you! :)

Hotrox
December 28th, 2014, 02:40 AM
Hair textured can change for many reasons; length, age, hormones, hair care practices are just a few. It may straighten out as it gains length and weight. Mine is actually getting curlier! I'm not sure about your classification but it does seem to be more 1 than 2 now.

Halliday
December 28th, 2014, 03:31 AM
To me you do look straight - 1c. However when your hair gets longer I think it will be more 2a.

Begemot
December 28th, 2014, 04:59 AM
To me you do look straight - 1c. However when your hair gets longer I think it will be more 2a.

I'm guessing for this too. There's definitely great body wave there already.

Johannah
December 28th, 2014, 05:16 AM
I'd say 1c.

AZDesertRose
December 28th, 2014, 07:57 PM
I was kind of thinking 1c myself. It's definitely not pin-straight, but it doesn't seem as wavy as it was when I first joined LHC and it was significantly longer.

Thanks, y'all. :)