PDA

View Full Version : Brushes

vega
December 26th, 2014, 08:25 PM
Hi guys thought this would be interesting, how many brushes do you own I have wide tooth comb, fine tooth comb, tangle teezer blue, compact lady Jayne teezer brush and 2 tangle teezer knock offs , I'm posting not to buy any brush for a long time , currently I'm enjoying just wide tooth comb and for hard knots I use tangle teezer , my pledge for 2015 is to buy to many hair care and use up what I have who's in ....

Johannah
December 27th, 2014, 05:09 AM
1 comb: big wide tooth comb from the Body Shop
1 brush: pink tangle teezer
1 BBB

MINAKO
December 27th, 2014, 05:15 AM
3 ebonite combs of different sizes and width
1 horn comb
2 fine tooth combs
1 BBB
1 goat hair brush
1 hard rubber tsuge brush
1 heat styling ceramic whatevs paddle brush
1 TT

ETA:
1 ionic antistatic shine brush
2 hotair brushes

swearnsue
December 27th, 2014, 04:44 PM
I have 3 BB brushes with different stiffness in the bristles, 3 wide tooth combs, 1 tangle teezer and a fine tooth comb.

lapushka
December 27th, 2014, 04:47 PM
Quite a few combs, a BBB, a wooden quill brush, a Denman and a Tangle Teezer. I only use my Hairsense bone volume comb (wide tooth) and Tangle Teezer.

Islandgrrl
December 27th, 2014, 04:53 PM
A Widu bamboo bristle brush that I bought nearly 20 years ago and use occasionally, mostly to distribute oil into my hair.
A tangle teezer that sees very limited use from me but that my daughter adores.
A plastic detangling pick that I've had for 25 years at least.
My fingers (which get used the most but probably don't count).

I just purchased a BBB, but I don't actually have it yet.

I suddenly realize that the tools involved in my haircare routine might be a little too minimalist.

vega
December 27th, 2014, 06:33 PM
Its good to know im not the only one with a collection these days I just want to kerp buying but I tell myself enough lol. I bought some t2 strawberrys n cream green tea instead

meteor
December 27th, 2014, 06:37 PM
I don't even own a brush.

I do have a wide-tooth hair pick though. And I mostly use my fingers.

I'm pretty happy about being so minimalist. :D

vega
December 27th, 2014, 10:11 PM
Hi meteor I wish I didnt have to brus but my hair is prone to damage and if I don't detangler properly my hair is matted, dreadlocked, so combing is a must , I was just online looking at the new tangle teezers , does anyone know the difference compared to the original which I have, I believe the new tt is called elite, there website doesn't specify the difference .....

meteor
December 27th, 2014, 10:29 PM
:) I do wish I could brush: I just can't find any proper BBBs locally and don't think I can shop online for a brush (size, bristle spacing and elasticity would matter and I'd have to see it in person). I also don't trust myself to brush slowly and gently enough, and rough brushing is extremely damaging.

I hope you'll get answers to your TT questions :) , but if not, I'd just start an additional thread so that the maximum number of TT-users could see it?

vega
December 29th, 2014, 04:34 AM
Wow minako nice collection, I'm glad I'm not the only one lo:o

vega
December 29th, 2014, 04:37 AM
Sounds like a great idea Meteor, it's great tangle teezer have updated from original to elite but they don't advise of any improvements, if I'm going to pay $30 I want to know the specifics from original, possibly just a marketing campaign lol

Madora
December 29th, 2014, 08:05 AM
[COLOR="#800080"]My trusty Goody brush (purchased in 1970) is on its last legs but has lasted about 7 years.
My Madora brush is relatively new and used every day.
My Conair Natural Shine Booster brush is not quite half a year old and still holding up well.

As for wide tooth combs: two Speert with tooth combs, one small Madora pocket comb, and one shower comb.

Madora
December 29th, 2014, 08:05 AM
double post

jupiterinleo
December 29th, 2014, 09:19 AM
Currently, I have:

a Denman BBB
an Isinis BBB
a Denman-style knock-off classic brush (with the white bristles and pad that slides out)
a Hairsense bakelite comb

I only use the Isinis BBB (which I love! The bristles actually reach my scalp! I thought I would never find such an item) and the Hairsense comb.
The Denman is too soft and densely packed to do anything for me, really, and it actually catches on my hair somehow. I get a lot of loose hairs caught in it, but hardly any at all with the Isinis. :shrug: The silicone Denman-style nylon brush causes sooo much static; I can't use it at all unless I'm doing a heavy oiling. I hardly ever need to use it now anyhow, ever since I received the Isinis.

JustPam
December 29th, 2014, 09:33 AM
I have 1 wide(ish) tooth comb for shower and several random smaller combs, 1 BBB, 1 nylon/BB Denman, a mini oval cushion brush, a mini styling brush (long rectangle type with solid base and no balls on the pins), and I'm considering getting a Tangle Teezer.

Olavi
December 30th, 2014, 05:34 PM
I have 1 compact Tangle Teezer, 1 original Tangle Teezer, 1 Tangle Teezer knock-off, 2 different BBBs, 5 wooden combs (1 really wide toothed, 1 not-as-wide toothed, 1 two-sided fine toothed and 2 identical fine toothed combs, but the older has chipped a bit), some random metal and plastic combs I don't really use and I think I still have some salon paddle brush meant for long hair somewhere.

Kendrix
December 31st, 2014, 12:22 AM
I have a paddle brush, a tangle tamer (knockoff tangle teezer), 1 plastic wide tooth comb, 1 BBB and a plastic fine tooth comb lurking somewhere.

CurlyCap
December 31st, 2014, 06:41 AM
I finger detangle but use combs and brushes as styling tools.

Wide spaced denman
8 row denman
Hairsense Rake
Metal tine afro pick
Fine tooth comb
Fine tooth comb with pointy tip for sections
BBB (goody)
Tangle Teezer (don't like, need to throw out or give away)

Tussi
January 1st, 2015, 02:15 PM
One Tangle Teezer, which I love for my scalp.
Two old, very big plastic combs.
Last, but not least, fingers for detangling :)

And I plan to include a BBB some time soon.

teddygirl
January 1st, 2015, 05:01 PM
I have 3 brushes - 1 old ball tipped brush, 1 round BBB, and 1 round metal tipped brush.

I have 2 wide tooth comb (shower rake as they were called upon purchase lol). I mostly use them or finger comb.

skeletonous
January 1st, 2015, 05:24 PM
I currently have 1 wet brush, 1 BBB, and 1 plastic, rat-tailed wide toothed comb that I use. I have a hopefully seamless wide toothed comb coming in the mail. :)