PDA

View Full Version : 2b/2c - iii - ( fine , medium, or coarse)

hennalonghair
December 26th, 2014, 07:36 PM
2b/2c - iii ( any texture)

I've noticed there are quite a few members with wavy/curly ' thick. ' hair.
I'm interested in seeing what similarities we might share in our hair care routines.

Please state your hair texture...... Fine, Medium and/ or Coarse

1/ how do you cleanse your hair, with what and how often?
2/ how do you dry your hair?
3/ how do you stop your hair from going frizzy?
4/ do you use a comb/ brush or just finger comb?
5/ whats your favourite hairstyle and why?
6/ what things can you definitely NOT do because of your hair type?
7/ whats the best tip you can pass along for your specific hair type?

Mod note: Im not sure if this is the right section to post this or if it belongs in the Polls category so if it needs moving then please do so.

ohhiitssteph
December 26th, 2014, 07:54 PM
I have pretty thick hair, around a iii naturally but my hairdresser is great at de-bulking it so it feels closer to the ii side. I figure I can still join in, though! My hair is also medium-coarse in texture.

- I co-wash with Suave Naturals Everlasting Sunshine conditioner, probably about twice a week.

- I air dry, always. I squeeze out a fair amount of water after I shower, though!

- Oils, mostly. I use the Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Milk and occasionally apply some olive oil to everywhere but the roots. I'm looking to maybe try jojoba or sweet almond oil next. Frizz has never really been a problem for me, though -- my concern is more smoothness, softness and touchability, since occasionally my hair can feel a bit rough.

Just finger comb, gently in the shower after letting my conditioner soak in for a few minutes.

Honestly, I wear my hair down just about all of the time!

I can't really wear my hair up for long periods of time -- it hurts too badly. :( Sometimes I can get away with two stacked ponytails, but it's mostly just not worth it, haha. My hair's just too thick and heavy to wear up often; it makes my scalp hurt.

Co-washing is great! I also love using lots of oils. I also try to wash my hair as infrequently as possible, and treat it very gently overall.

hennalonghair
December 26th, 2014, 08:58 PM
Thanks ohhiitssteph ,
My hair 's pretty heavy too but I found hair toys that hold it up this year since joining LHC so I'm thrilled.:D

2a/2b-M/C-iii
Please state your hair texture...... Mainly medium / coarse but some fine 3a hairs too.
-usually once a week I condition the length ( comb through) wash using diluted shampoo on my scalp only while the ends are conditioned . Rinse well. Deep condition majority of hair . Comb through. Leave on 5 to 10 minutes. Rinse. Dry with cotton t- shirt by plopping ends. While very wet I add a combination of coconut oil, shea butter , palm tree wax and leave in conditioner. It seals in the moisture*
2/ how do you dry your hair?air dry
3/ how do you stop your hair from going frizzy ?see above after washing plus Aveda Be Curly
4/ do you use a comb/ brush or just finger comb?a wide tooth seamless comb on wet hair when needed and to take out tangles, an all natural brush for night time brushing or brushing before washing. A MP mixed bristle brush for styling before updos.
5/ whats your favourite hairstyle and why?braided cinnamon style bun held with a 4 -5 inch thin pronged fork why? holds hair well all day comfortably*
6/ what things can you definitely NOT do because of your hair type?no hot iron straightener , no heat styling, inverted braids or buns, half ups, not brushing, no cleansing conditioners like Wen, no full strength shampoo except occasionally as a clarifier.
7/ whats the best tip you can pass along for your specific hair type.
- sealing in moisture after washing with some type of sealant. - usually a combination of oils, gels and or conditioners. Aveda Be Curly- non crunchy is nice as an add in. AND keeping it up with Forks with 4 to 5 inch Functional Length ,*Sticks with 6 to 7 inch functional length at least ( for me) and*Flexi clips in all sizes from mini to mega)*

Halliday
December 26th, 2014, 10:14 PM
I qualify! my hair is 2b/c and medium/coarse. its mostly medium with a coarse underlayer.

i use Naked Intensive Rescue shampoo (sles free) and Tresemme Naturals conditioner twice a week.
just airdry.
using argan oil and not brushing.
wide tooth comb.
french braid because it looks pretty.
well i can't COwash, brush without major frizz, or use cones or sles.
7/ whats the best tip you can pass along for your specific hair type
be patient with detangling!

Cinnamonagouti
December 27th, 2014, 03:57 AM
My ponytail circumference is exactly 4 inches - so I do qualify as an iii, but barely... My type is 2c/3a with fine hairstrands.

I've been CO-washing (with occasional schampo0-washes) for 2,5 years (with a lighter conditioner for cleansing and TRÈSemme Naturals for conditioning), but lately I've felt it doesn't really work anymore, so I think I will try schampoo bars instead. I wash usually twice a week.

Scrunching, someties plopping, airdrying. Sometimes low-heat diffusing if I'm in a rush and want to wear it down.

If I'm going to wear it down, I usually put som gel or mousse in, or just leave in conditioner and try not to touch it while drying. And of course, no brushing while dry. However the frizz doesn't really bother me that much - as long as it's under some kind of control and the curls are defined, I don't mind.

Finger combing and a tangle teezer. I want to buy a wide-toothed comb in wood/bone, however.

French braid, because I think it's a really pretty, yet simple style. With my hair down, my new favourite hairstyle is a celtic knot, because it holds the hair away from my face, and says in place all day without even using bobbypins (which usually don't stay in place all day... and sadly I don't own an hairtoys/flexi clips yet, so i can't really just clip the front part away, so this style is perfect).

Well, brush it without extreme frizziness, I guess... Or look like an Elf from LOTR. :P Otherwise I don't know.

Be very careful to moisturise the ends (as the strands are so fine, they're very prone to breakage). Take good care of your ends in general :)

lapushka
December 27th, 2014, 05:00 AM

Once a week, clarifying wash with Pantene Aqua Light, Pantene's volumizing shampoo, Herbal Essences Dazzling Shine, or some Garnier Ultra Doux shampoo.

15 to 20 min. in a turbie towel after washing
1 to 1,5 h air drying time
5 min. diffuser

LOC method

My hair is detangled with a wide tooth comb and Tangle Teezer pre-wash, then post-wash when it comes out of the turbie towel it is wide tooth combed, before LOC.

LWB. It's easy.

Use a BBB, and detangle daily.

Don't brush when dry. Detangle pre and post wash then no longer detangle until the next wash.

Taenarian
December 27th, 2014, 05:42 AM
2c-ii fine here.

I stretch my washes to about 2x / week with (mostly) one of the Avalon Organics shampoos.

I blot my hair with a towel when its streaming wet, then allow it to air dry.

Ahahahaha ... a bun insures as little frizz as possible escapes.

I first gently finger comb, and then use a wide tooth comb. Gently. I use a BBB just to smooth my hair as I make the bun.

LWB is my daily. I also love to wear a Dutch braid and don't do it nearly often enough!

Wear it down for any duration. Sleeping with it down is an invitation to a bird's nest of tangles.

Patience is mandatory :)