PDA

View Full Version : End of year update/1 year anniversary

~Abi~
December 26th, 2014, 10:29 AM
I've been basically AWOL on LHC for the past few months - been so busy between baby and work and home business - but I figured I might as well post an update. January will be my one year anniversary with LHC.

I haven't had a haircut or trim since September 2013. I need one finally, and I may end up self-triming this very afternoon (if I have time before going to see the Hobbit). Just S&D whenever I have the chance. I need to get rid of some layers.

I CO-washed most of this year, until this past month when I started dealing with Seborrheic Dermatitis (self-diagnosed, treating with monistat and tea tree shampoo). Now I just shampoo my scalp only, with lots of conditioner on the ends.

I continue to henna, getting to the roots whenever I feel like it, honestly. Has anyone else noticed that henna makes their hair SUPER slippery? As in "I can't get my hair in any updo at all" slippery? :confused:

Through LHC, I was introduced to the Lilla Rose products. I'm addicted now. I still can't use hairsticks for the life of me, but I love the flexis and the you-pins especially. I wear my hair up in a bun or french twist almost every day now.

I don't know exact length of my hair now, but I've basically gone from collarbone to BSL (almost waist) in a year. I'm very happy with the health of my hair and the length.

My goals in the next year are to trim out most of my layers, and get to at least waist, maybe hip. And get rid of the SD.

Pardon the really dumb webcam pics, it's the best I could do to show my length as my baby decided to break my camera recently.
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-_LhSI1IzOfM/VJ2ZVbI6y6I/AAAAAAAAA2w/kjRDwiPrbks/w640-h480-no/Snapshot_20141226.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-29eYrxa_q3A/VJ2ZVTtTUSI/AAAAAAAAA2w/sbqn9kQY4SA/w640-h480-no/Snapshot_20141226_5.JPG

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-gCDmxlW0yrI/VJ2ZVfsPGQI/AAAAAAAAA2w/DlCI0PuQjT8/w640-h480-no/Snapshot_20141226_7.JPG

ETA:

For comparison, this is my hair at the beginning of February of this year, first time henna-ing.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-tIFS8bHTGSg/UvAYamdMlBI/AAAAAAAAAmg/NMTJutuWypA/w448-h336-no/DSCN2102.JPG

Begemot
December 26th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Congrats for your first anniversary! Your hair grew so much in less than a year, it looks amazing :)

lapushka
December 26th, 2014, 12:30 PM
That looks to me like it's (almost) waist length... if I'm not mistaken. :) Congratulations! :D

Annalouise
December 26th, 2014, 12:39 PM
Your hair grows fast! It looks really healthy and the henna color suits you.:)
I love that hairstyle at the bottom of your post. Wow! What is it called?

meteor
December 26th, 2014, 01:04 PM
Yay! Congrats! That's incredibly fast growth! :D And absolutely gorgeous hair! :applause

Johannah
December 26th, 2014, 01:19 PM
Your hair looks AMAZING! Congrats!!

BrightEyes
December 26th, 2014, 04:30 PM
Wow, your hair grew so fast!! It's so pretty, I love the color. I really like Lilla Rose's U-pins too. I use them in my daughter's hair all the time.

Zebra Fish
December 26th, 2014, 04:55 PM
Congratz on your anniversary :) Your hear looks so nice and you got so much growth! Also, I just love your colour!

Has anyone else noticed that henna makes their hair SUPER slippery? As in "I can't get my hair in any updo at all" slippery? :confused:

So totally this! I'm glad my hair is not the only one being weird :p I'm having a big battle with it lately, to make it stay in an updo :S

Halliday
December 26th, 2014, 05:03 PM
woo congrats!

gnome82
December 26th, 2014, 05:33 PM
Congratulations, you had allot of growth!!

~Abi~
December 26th, 2014, 07:29 PM
I love that hairstyle at the bottom of your post. Wow! What is it called?

It's a cinnabun that I've secured with a pair of you-pins from Lilla Rose. Quick and easy and it stays that way all day. i really do need to learn some new hairstyles though. :D

Lapushka, I think it was! But I just self-trimmed about an inch off, so I'm barely past BSL now (By about an inch). Waist isn't too far off though!

Thank you all. I'm sooo thankful that I found LHC and was able to learn about henna and all the other awesome stuff. I'm proud to announce that I haven't brushed my hair while wet now for a full month. That was one of my hardest habits to break. :cool:

Sarahlabyrinth
December 26th, 2014, 08:02 PM
Beautiful hair and lovely growth, well done!:)

vega
December 26th, 2014, 08:59 PM
Lovely growth from your pics you don't look like you need a trim but it's your decision

GreenFairy
December 26th, 2014, 09:46 PM
Oh my! That is a ton of growth!! Do you have any idea how many inches you gained in 2014?
Looks great!

Nadine <3
December 26th, 2014, 11:08 PM
Your hair did all of that in a YEAR?! That's AMAZING and so pretty!

nakima
December 27th, 2014, 06:09 PM
looks great! and nice growth how many inches did you gain?

~Abi~
December 29th, 2014, 04:41 PM
GreenFairy and Nakima, I don't have exact measurements (I didn't measure before I started growing, and I just trimmed a teeny bit without measuring...ooops). But my guess from the body markers, and the measurements I did have, I think I gained 8 inches. And in case you're wondering, I'm going to swear it was the coffee that I added to my henna, and the coffee rinses. :P