PDA

View Full Version : Waist by Christmas 2015!!!!

Debra83
December 25th, 2014, 02:54 PM
Okay, so here we go again!!! Next year this time, I really think so, hope so, wish so!!!!

Here's my starting point today....so I have 365 days of growing to do!!!

http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h343/debra8383/December2014-lengthcheck_zps2b611c84.png

For those that didn't make it and want to try again, please feel free to join in!!! Good Luck! And Merry Christmas!!!

M-L-E
December 25th, 2014, 03:47 PM
This is me! I am still about 1.5in from BSL, but the distance between BSL and waist on my torso is really short, so I am measuring BSL from top of strap... If my hair keeps growing at around an inch per month and i don't have to drastically trim :pray: then I should easily reach BSL by Spring, and waist by Dec!

Your hemline makes me very envious, Debra83! Very healthy-looking hair :)

Debra83
December 26th, 2014, 03:58 AM
This is me! I am still about 1.5in from BSL, but the distance between BSL and waist on my torso is really short, so I am measuring BSL from top of strap... If my hair keeps growing at around an inch per month and i don't have to drastically trim :pray: then I should easily reach BSL by Spring, and waist by Dec!

Your hemline makes me very envious, Debra83! Very healthy-looking hair :)

I hope you get to meet your goal and that this thread encourages you to do so!!! and Thanks for the compliment! :D

hanne jensen
December 26th, 2014, 07:05 AM
I can make anatomical waist (the last rib where the waist indentation begins) by next Christmas, so I'm in!

Halliday
December 26th, 2014, 07:31 AM
Joining this thread - I should certainly be waist+ by Xmas! I'm currently at MBL. I think another six inches would take me to him so we'll wait and see.

Halliday
December 26th, 2014, 07:32 AM
Drat. I meant hip, not him.

Red'N'Curly
December 26th, 2014, 10:54 AM
Me! My longest layers are BSL. Should be waist in a year :)

hennalonghair
December 26th, 2014, 11:12 AM
I will be past WL by Dec. 2015 but since my hair is curly / wavy it will be at solid waist.
36 inches. I'm tall and long waisted.

Juliah1
December 26th, 2014, 02:19 PM
I really want to grow my hair to waist, i just passed bsl!:D i have took a picture a day in 3 weeks and I rly see a difference! I am defnitely joining��

divinedobbie
December 26th, 2014, 02:24 PM
I hesitantly think I'll be able to reach waist. I'm on vacation and don't have a tape measure with me but I think I should be at solid 25" by the end of this month, if not a bit past (trimmed a few inches in October which set me back). BSL (bottom of strap) is 27" on me, and waist is 30-31" so I need another 5-6" until waist. I would definitely reach waist without trimming but I doubt I'll be able to keep my hands off the scissors that long. Even the most innocent microtrims manange to take at least an inch off!

Cinnamonagouti
December 27th, 2014, 04:10 AM
I want to join in, I'll just have to get a decent length shot... Right now I'm about two inches past BSL, and about 4-5 more to go until waist (hopefully I will reach there before Christmas -15, if I don't trim too much).

Red'N'Curly
December 27th, 2014, 09:19 AM
Here's my crummy current length shot.http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b628/Jessica_Ghigliotti/Mobile%20Uploads/PicsArt_1419694979920_zpsrv1pbxax.jpg (http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/Jessica_Ghigliotti/media/Mobile%20Uploads/PicsArt_1419694979920_zpsrv1pbxax.jpg.html)

jacqueline101
December 27th, 2014, 10:47 AM
I'm going to try this I have four inches to go.

Debra83
December 30th, 2014, 09:56 PM
I can make anatomical waist (the last rib where the waist indentation begins) by next Christmas, so I'm in!

Way to Go!!! Welcome to the thread!

Drat. I meant hip, not him.

Cute! And good luck!

Me! My longest layers are BSL. Should be waist in a year :)

YAY!!! Here's to growth spurts in 2015!!! :D

I will be past WL by Dec. 2015 but since my hair is curly / wavy it will be at solid waist.
36 inches. I'm tall and long waisted.

If we make it past by Dec 2015, we'll start a hip thread by Christmas 2016!!!

I really want to grow my hair to waist, i just passed bsl!:D i have took a picture a day in 3 weeks and I rly see a difference! I am defnitely joining��

Welcome aboard!! And don't forget to share pics! They are encouraging for everybody!

I hesitantly think I'll be able to reach waist. I'm on vacation and don't have a tape measure with me but I think I should be at solid 25" by the end of this month, if not a bit past (trimmed a few inches in October which set me back). BSL (bottom of strap) is 27" on me, and waist is 30-31" so I need another 5-6" until waist. I would definitely reach waist without trimming but I doubt I'll be able to keep my hands off the scissors that long. Even the most innocent microtrims manange to take at least an inch off!

Dreaded scissors were my problem for awhile, but managed not to touch them for a couple of years now....I definitely wouldn't have made it this far, even though I still have a ways to go!

I want to join in, I'll just have to get a decent length shot... Right now I'm about two inches past BSL, and about 4-5 more to go until waist (hopefully I will reach there before Christmas -15, if I don't trim too much).

Hide those scissors!

Here's my crummy current length shot.http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b628/Jessica_Ghigliotti/Mobile%20Uploads/PicsArt_1419694979920_zpsrv1pbxax.jpg (http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/Jessica_Ghigliotti/media/Mobile%20Uploads/PicsArt_1419694979920_zpsrv1pbxax.jpg.html)

Jaw dropping gorgeous. You don't even need to reach waist! ;)

I'm going to try this I have four inches to go.

4 inches definitely sounds doable in a 12 month period....Good Luck and post pics!!

GreenFairy
December 30th, 2014, 10:48 PM
I would need to grow 6 inches in 2015. My hair does grow half an inch a month... so it is possible. Hopefully I won't have to do any trimming this year.

GreenFairy
January 2nd, 2015, 04:15 PM
I'm surprised more people haven't jumped on this thread! This is my most exciting year of hair growth!! I feel like I'll actually be growing to a long length!!

jacqueline101
January 2nd, 2015, 04:24 PM
I'm going to do this I made up my mind. I was touching waist this summer and trimmed too much off. I won't put pics on here but I will put them on photobucket.

Kome
January 2nd, 2015, 06:55 PM
I think it's pushing it for me to hit waist by Christmas, but if I avoid trimming too much I MIGHT be able to make it.... maybe... I dunno. Haha. We'll see. Here's a current pic. What do you think? My hair grows 1/2 and inch to an inch per month. It's between APL and BSL at the moment. I'm at 22.5 inches. Waist for me is 29 inches, so I think if I'm careful and it only grew 1/2 an inch a month that I should be able to JUUUUUUUUST make it! That means no trims though. /:

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk68/kome42/IMG_4057_zps03a0d928.jpg (http://s277.photobucket.com/user/kome42/media/IMG_4057_zps03a0d928.jpg.html)

Red'N'Curly
January 2nd, 2015, 08:15 PM
Aw, thanks Debra83. You just made my night. :)

I think it's pushing it for me to hit waist by Christmas, but if I avoid trimming too much I MIGHT be able to make it.... maybe... I dunno. Haha. We'll see. Here's a current pic. What do you think? My hair grows 1/2 and inch to an inch per month. It's between APL and BSL at the moment. I'm at 22.5 inches. Waist for me is 29 inches, so I think if I'm careful and it only grew 1/2 an inch a month that I should be able to JUUUUUUUUST make it! That means no trims though. /:

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk68/kome42/IMG_4057_zps03a0d928.jpg (http://s277.photobucket.com/user/kome42/media/IMG_4057_zps03a0d928.jpg.html)
Your hair is beautiful. Sounds like you're set to make it!

Kome
January 3rd, 2015, 12:14 AM
Thanks Red'N'Curly. I appreciate that a lot as I'm not a huge fan of the color right now. Feeling self concious about it so thank you! :)

Fairina
January 3rd, 2015, 12:38 AM
I'm in! I've already spammed my current length picture in other threads and would feel bad posting it yet again here. 22.5" I think I have 7" to go. No trims for me <3

Kome
January 3rd, 2015, 12:56 AM
I'm in! I've already spammed my current length picture in other threads and would feel bad posting it yet again here. 22.5" I think I have 7" to go. No trims for me <3

No way! That's my exact current length as well and the amount I need to get to waist. We are hair growing twins! I hope you make it! :)

Fairina
January 3rd, 2015, 01:03 AM
No way! That's my exact current length as well and the amount I need to get to waist. We are hair growing twins! I hope you make it! :)
I'm sure yours is much nicer, mine is really bad with all the layers in it! We'll get there for sure. :)

squirrrel
January 3rd, 2015, 01:15 AM
I think I should well be able to make this one... Around 4 inches to waist for me - still need to figure out how fast my hair grows though - will do that over the next few months. Might do it by some point over the summer... Feels like cheating in some ways, but.... Well, it could take longer than that! ;)

yogagirl
January 3rd, 2015, 11:11 AM
I just opened this thread to see some pretty length shots, not thinking I could realistically join, but..... I might be able to swing it!!! That just blew my mind and got me so excited, to think my hair could be that long and in a tangible time frame!!!

I'm away from home for another week, so I can't measure properly or take proper length pics, but I will get on that when I get back. I'm currently a smidge short of BSL. I measured very roughly with my hands that I need another 5 inches til waist. Not sure of my growth rate, but we shall see!

I will be getting a little trim in a couple of weeks, because my ends feel kind of rough. This will be my challenge this year, keeping my ends happy and healthy. I barely get splits, but my ends do get dry and tangly which then drives me to the hair dresser.

Aaaanyway, long story short: I'm in and crossing my fingers for waist next Christmas!!

lapushka
January 3rd, 2015, 02:52 PM

Your hemline looks just fine, it can go without trimming for a long long time, IMMHO. Come join us at the no trimming challenge thread, if you haven't already. :)

luvlonghair75
January 3rd, 2015, 04:15 PM
I just need to take a pic of my hair down, but I have the same goal! Wasted (I mean waIsted) hair by Christmas! lol ;)

Imalath
January 3rd, 2015, 07:24 PM
I am in! I just trimmed the worst damage at my ends, knocking me back to MBL from waist. I am planning on at least one or two more trims this year, about an inch each. I plan on spending 2015 improving my hemline and getting rid of most of my pre-lhc hair, and being back at waist by Christmas. Good luck everyone!

JenniferMN
January 4th, 2015, 12:15 PM
I'll join! I think I've got about 4 inches to go, so hopefully I'll be able to reach my goal by Christmas!

yogagirl
January 11th, 2015, 06:45 PM
I finally got a proper length shot (cross posted in APL2BSL thread). And with the stripes I have figured out that I'm 4.5 inches from waist. Christmas sounds doable now I think! I just need to figure out if I want to get a trim or not. I want to get the layers trimmed out eventually, esp that longest layer that makes the tip of the U/V hemline. I have a appt in a couple of weeks, but I'm debating canceling because I'm worried she'll cut off too much. Decisions decisions...

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15202&d=1421018975

jacqueline101
January 12th, 2015, 06:42 AM
I measured Saturday I have 3 more inches to grow.

curiouskitty
January 12th, 2015, 07:06 AM
I might not be being realistic here, but my hair has been healthier than evebmr lately, and consequently has been growing at almost twice the speed (I already grew a full inch during December). I'm optimistic. If not WL, I'd love to at least make it to MBL by next Christmas!

upnorthmama
January 12th, 2015, 08:20 AM
I'm in! I had my husband measure my hair this weekend and I'm at 26". I should be at waist length by November/December. Can't wait!

Loribelle
January 12th, 2015, 09:21 AM
Oooh! I'm in! I have ZERO idea what my length is. I've never measured--in fact, I'll have to look up HOW to measure!
I am BSL or slightly below (I think) so I'm hoping I can do it. I'm almost 6ft tall....so waist on me is a lot longer than waist length for some. ;-)

ShDiHa
January 14th, 2015, 07:44 PM
Joining! I just got to BSL! BSL is 25" on me, waist is somewhere around 30", so here's hoping!

yogagirl
January 20th, 2015, 09:10 PM
Today I finally cancelled my hair dresser appointment for next week. I had been going back and forth about if I should get a trim, but the worry about losing too much length won in the end! I would love to get rid of some layers (or rather shorten the absurd length difference between my longest layers and the next ones up), but I guess that will have to wait. I'm not sure how fast my hair grows and not trimming will help me get a better idea of that sooner. Aaaand figure out if I can realistically make it to waist by christmas! Such an exciting prospect!!

door72067
January 21st, 2015, 01:41 PM
I'm in :)

Last night I realized I have a great chance of hitting waist by December. I was 25" on Jan 1st and I need 31" for waist. I get around 7" growth a year so I should make it by Christmas!!

~happy dance~

Daylilly
January 21st, 2015, 02:25 PM
My goal is waist and I'm doing the no trimming for this year. I might make it by Christmas? Maybe the caffine rinses I have been trying will give my hair the kick it needs to get me the 7 to 8 inches I need by Christmas.

Rowdy
January 22nd, 2015, 09:45 AM
Im in! I started January at 25" (stretched) so I should be able to make it (stretched), waist is 32" on me.

Sparklylady82
January 22nd, 2015, 09:48 AM
I measured Saturday I have 3 more inches to grow.

I'm in! I had my husband measure my hair this weekend and I'm at 26". I should be at waist length by November/December. Can't wait!

Oooh! I'm in! I have ZERO idea what my length is. I've never measured--in fact, I'll have to look up HOW to measure!
I am BSL or slightly below (I think) so I'm hoping I can do it. I'm almost 6ft tall....so waist on me is a lot longer than waist length for some. ;-)

Joining! I just got to BSL! BSL is 25" on me, waist is somewhere around 30", so here's hoping!

Today I finally cancelled my hair dresser appointment for next week. I had been going back and forth about if I should get a trim, but the worry about losing too much length won in the end! I would love to get rid of some layers (or rather shorten the absurd length difference between my longest layers and the next ones up), but I guess that will have to wait. I'm not sure how fast my hair grows and not trimming will help me get a better idea of that sooner. Aaaand figure out if I can realistically make it to waist by christmas! Such an exciting prospect!!

I'm in :)

Last night I realized I have a great chance of hitting waist by December. I was 25" on Jan 1st and I need 31" for waist. I get around 7" growth a year so I should make it by Christmas!!

~happy dance~

My goal is waist and I'm doing the no trimming for this year. I might make it by Christmas? Maybe the caffine rinses I have been trying will give my hair the kick it needs to get me the 7 to 8 inches I need by Christmas.

Im in! I started January at 25" (stretched) so I should be able to make it (stretched), waist is 32" on me.

It looks like we are ALL around the same length! Woohoo! How fun to have growing buddies :-D

jacqueline101
January 22nd, 2015, 12:54 PM
It looks like we are ALL around the same length! Woohoo! How fun to have growing buddies :-D

Yes it is fun to have a growing buddy. Here's to good growth and good health.

Aleahcim
January 23rd, 2015, 08:49 AM
I posted in the bsl by christmas thread and someone suggested that being ambitious and trying for waist might be possible. What do you guys think?
This is what I posted in the other thread.

Okay, so my hair is about 58 cm or 23 inch right now. For BSL I need 7.5 cm or 3 inch. So I should hit BSL well before Christmas and can even afford to micro trim if I feel like my ends need it.

I forgot I was so close. But I feel like shooting for waist maybe a little too ambitious. Is need 19 cm or 7.5 inch for that. I do get a little more growth than the average .5 inch a month so it may be in the ream of possibilities.. but I know shooting for BSL is a safe bet.

Do you guys think I should stick with just BSL as my goal for the end of the year? Or should I be ambitious and also go for waist?

squirrrel
January 23rd, 2015, 10:19 AM
I see no reason why not, if you know that you do get more than 0.5 inches growth per month. As long as it won't be a huge disappointment if you don't quite get it then go for it... Or see when you reach BSL and decide at that point if you want to try for sure?

FurryLady
January 23rd, 2015, 03:11 PM
I'm now at BSL length (25 inch) and I definitely want to make it to waist (30 inch) till next Christmas! :D Especially because I want to wear all this beautiful buns with wonderful hairtoys! At the moment I can only do a LWB..

yogagirl
January 23rd, 2015, 03:43 PM
Or should I be ambitious and also go for waist?
I say YES, go for it! Welcome :)
Do you plan on trimming at all?

I'm now at BSL length (25 inch) and I definitely want to make it to waist (30 inch) till next Christmas! :D Especially because I want to wear all this beautiful buns with wonderful hairtoys! At the moment I can only do a LWB..
Welcome! YES yes and yes to the bolded section, me tooo! Have you tried the disc bun (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y5sSEBy7HQ&feature=youtu.be)? I posted about a little cheat that enables me to do it at "almost BSL", it's HERE (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=170&page=346&p=2918969&viewfull=1#post2918969) in the APL to BSL thread (which you should also join if you want :)).

As for me... Just a few days after I cancelled my hair dresser appointment I found a split hair and another hair with a white dot! That might sound weird to some, but my hair barely ever splits, so I'm worried I will find more in the near future. And of course it has to appear right now when I'm trying to make it to waist this year urghxstrts :taz:

Aleahcim
January 23rd, 2015, 04:03 PM
Yeah I think I just might try to shoot for waist. I don't think I will be able to afford much trimming but as I have a pair of hair sheers I can S&D myself whenever I find splits and white dots.

I look excited to getting to know all you lovely people and your hair. Here's to hopefully a great year of hair growth!

divinedobbie
January 24th, 2015, 04:02 PM
This goal is the one thing that's keeping me in the "no trimming 2015" challenge, because if i trim at all I won't be able to make it to waist by the end of the year and I want to so badly. 5.5" to go!

jacqueline101
January 24th, 2015, 04:11 PM
This goal is the one thing that's keeping me in the "no trimming 2015" challenge, because if i trim at all I won't be able to make it to waist by the end of the year and I want to so badly. 5.5" to go!

I'm in the same plan as you I have four until waist. I'm not giving up the fight yet.

yogagirl
January 26th, 2015, 11:06 AM
I used a clarifying shampoo yesterday for the first time in a long time. I have a feeling my hair dresser uses a clarifying shampoo when I go in for trims, because I always had that "reset" feeling after my appointments. I used to go in every 8-12 weeks, so I guess that's why I was getting away with not clarifying at home.

It's been 13 weeks now, so no wonder my hair needed it and feels so much better after clarifying! Just cleaner feeling overall, and my ends don't tangle as much as before. It does feel a little dry even though I used my heavy duty moisturizing conditioner. Maybe I will do a CO wash in a couple of days instead of a regular WC.

Anyway, I feel like I can postpone my trim for a little longer. I want to take another length shot in two weeks. That will make one month between length shots and I'm hoping that will help me gauge my growth rate. I want to find out if it is realistic for me to hope for waist by Christmas with a tiny trim or two :)

curiop
January 26th, 2015, 01:18 PM
this is the thread for me! I've just past BSL (by a few mm!) and I have 5-6 inches to hit waist - I grow just a bit more than 0.5 inches a month so I should get there, currently I'm focusing on keeping my ends safe in the horrid weather via oiling and bunning

jacqueline101
January 26th, 2015, 02:24 PM
I'm still growing strong last week I took pictures. I was amazed about my length.

yogagirl
February 12th, 2015, 05:15 PM
Cross posting these here from the APL2BSL thread. (BTW, I called BSL, yay :cheese:)

It seems like my hair grew almost an inch, because conveniently it's juuuust under 1 inch from one stripe to the next:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15202&d=1421018975http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15843&d=1423610146

I've got 3.5-4 inches until waist. Now that I have an idea of my growth rate, I can be pretty confident that I can reach waist by Christmas this year! I should be able to have a trim as well which is exciting, because my layers and fraying/uneven hemline are driving me bonkers!

MagicalMystery
February 12th, 2015, 05:19 PM
Question... when one has curly hair, do you measure as it falls naturally or do you stretch the curl to measure? My goal is waist length by Christmas!!!

yogagirl
February 12th, 2015, 05:25 PM
Question... when one has curly hair, do you measure as it falls naturally or do you stretch the curl to measure? My goal is waist length by Christmas!!!
It's up to you, I think. I've seen members do it either way.

BTW, I just saw your post on the other thread, your hair is gorgeous!

raemarthe
February 12th, 2015, 05:38 PM
I'm going to try and see if I can be apart of this challenge. My hair is APL length curly right now (23 inches) , and approaching BSl stretched (24 1/2 inches). Waist is 30 on me so I should be able to get to waist stretched at least! My hair grows fast, I got 9 inches of grow last year so its possible I'll even have waist length curly hair!

raemarthe
February 12th, 2015, 05:39 PM

I only ever wear my hair in its natural state, so I just call it the length it appears. But I also note its true stretched out length. Its up to you :)

jacqueline101
February 12th, 2015, 05:41 PM
I have 3 more inches to go. I'm still growing along.

MagicalMystery
February 12th, 2015, 05:53 PM
Well then... I'm pretty sure I qualify for BSL... so I'm glad to join in here! :) I remember when my hair was ultra short, seeing these threads thinking... "Ugh.... I'll never get there." I finally did!!! The secret for me was not trimming. I have only kept my bangs.

raemarthe
February 12th, 2015, 05:58 PM
Well then... I'm pretty sure I qualify for BSL... so I'm glad to join in here! :) I remember when my hair was ultra short, seeing these threads thinking... "Ugh.... I'll never get there." I finally did!!! The secret for me was not trimming. I have only kept my bangs.

Not trimming really helps. Last year I set a goal for long(er) hair, I went from shoulder length to MBl in a year! Before then I had never had hair that long, just because I was always cutting it!

MagicalMystery
February 12th, 2015, 06:09 PM
Yes, I used to trim often, so I felt like I never saw progress.

yogagirl
February 12th, 2015, 07:06 PM
Same here! It seemed too easy to be true, but not trimming is really working better than I thought! That is to say, I thought Id have more issues with split or damaged ends.

MagicalMystery
February 12th, 2015, 08:06 PM
Agreed! I definitely have to pamper my hair though. I got into the habit of tying it up at night and oiling it regularly. If I just let it grow without daily TLC, it would be very frizzy.

Arwenlily
February 12th, 2015, 08:22 PM
I don't think I will reach waist when curly by Christmas because I will probably get a couple trims and my hair doesn't grow too fast but I'm hopeful! It might be more likely that I will reach waist when wet by Christmas. Right now I'm at BSL when curly and 29 inches when wet.

MagicalMystery
February 12th, 2015, 08:25 PM
Your hair is about the same length as mine, Arwenlily. If you don't trim, it can happen! :) I know how you feel about wet length vs dry length. I'm waiting for the glorious turning point when my hair is long enough to weigh down the curls so that they don't spring up so much! :D

Arwenlily
February 12th, 2015, 08:30 PM
Your hair is about the same length as mine, Arwenlily. If you don't trim, it can happen! :) I know how you feel about wet length vs dry length. I'm waiting for the glorious turning point when my hair is long enough to weigh down the curls so that they don't spring up so much! :D

Aww thanks :o That sounds almost too good to be true though ... And I don't know if I can go a whole year without trims, I still have about 4 inches left of damaged hair. My hair springs up so much when it is dry also so I know what you mean! Have you measured your hair wet? I'm curious to know if we are at a similar length.

MagicalMystery
February 12th, 2015, 08:54 PM
Ah yes... Damaged hair. I spent a year growing out my hair because I fried it to the point of completely losing my curl. It kept growing and i kept cutting. Eesh. As for the length, I'd have to whip out a ruler. :) I'll get back to you on that. :)

hanne jensen
February 13th, 2015, 01:54 AM
I'm slowly approaching waist. I only need 10 cm until anatomical waist, so I should be able to make it. I joined the no trimming thread and am wearing my hair up all the time to prevent damage. After every hairwash I use a split repair serum and then oil my hair.

yogagirl
February 13th, 2015, 09:31 AM
I need to get better about protecting my hair. I've always been able to get away with wearing it down and not doing anything special/protective, but I feel like I'm getting to the length where I need to change that. Plus I'm increasing the time between trims considerably.

Maybe the easiest step will be wearing it up at home and at night. That last one will be a huge change for me!

yogagirl
February 13th, 2015, 09:32 AM
I need to get better about protecting my hair. I've always been able to get away with wearing it down and not doing anything special/protective, but I feel like I'm getting to the length where I need to change that. Plus I'm increasing the time between trims considerably.

Maybe the easiest step will be wearing it up at home and at night. That last one will be a huge change for me!

Arwenlily
February 14th, 2015, 10:11 AM
Ah yes... Damaged hair. I spent a year growing out my hair because I fried it to the point of completely losing my curl. It kept growing and i kept cutting. Eesh. As for the length, I'd have to whip out a ruler. :) I'll get back to you on that. :)

Oh no :( How frequently did you trim your hair during that year to get it healthy again? Luckily mine isn't fried, but it is breaking off at the ends, which cuts off a lot of the growth I could of had.

Halaminiku
February 14th, 2015, 12:26 PM
Ohhh, I'd really like to have waist length hair by then! Mine is a bit longer than BSL right now, but it has a lot of damage in the sides and the front so not sure I'll make it if I am going to try and get rid of the damage :D

M-L-E
March 9th, 2015, 11:14 AM
Just thought I'd check in! Need to get a length shot up soon, currently still lingering just above BSL, and my hair is asking me for micro-trims far more than I'd like... Still hoping though!! Hope everyone else is doing well too :)

blue_eyes
March 9th, 2015, 02:05 PM
I'm still on track to hit waist by Christmas, as long as I don't trim I'll make it! It's just so hard to keep away from those scissors when you're growing out dye. :P

yogagirl
March 9th, 2015, 04:02 PM
I too am trying not to trim. For me it's scraggly ends due to layers. They just look so thin... but I'm gonna leave them for now. I have a length picture day coming up this week. Very excited to see if I got some growth :) I'll post an update here too. Waist will be so fun!!! Longer than I've ever had my hair!

Stay away from the scissors, everyone ;)

jacqueline101
March 9th, 2015, 08:47 PM
In my damp combed straight state I've made it but braid wave state I have about 2 inches to go.

Lauraes
March 10th, 2015, 06:52 PM
I'm currently at BSL, actually, I've been around this length for over a year. :/ I can tell my hair is growing at a good rate because of my roots, but I guess it's all breaking off when it gets to a certain point. Now that I've started taking better care of my hair, I hope it actually gets longer. Waist is my goal length. :) I just had 2" cut off a few weeks ago, so hopefully that'll help diminish the breakage as well.

afinemess
March 15th, 2015, 06:53 PM
I would like to tentatively hop aboard... It might be wishful thinking for me to reach waist by Christmas, but my hair has been growing like crazy lately, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a summer growth spurt. I guess we'll see. :)

ETA: I consider my waist to be the spot where I put my hands by default when resting them on my sides. It might be somewhat lower than my anatomical waist, but it really is my smallest midsection area. I'm kinda pear-shaped. ;)

raemarthe
March 15th, 2015, 07:52 PM
So I think I'm going to try and aim for waist streched. Don't think I can make it curly, but who knows. 5 inches to go unstreched!

Lauraes
March 15th, 2015, 08:30 PM
Guys guys guys :D
I thought that after my 2" trim a few weeks ago, my hair didn't quite reach BSL, but to my surprise, it actually passes the bottom of my bra strap by a few inches! I should be to waist by the end of the year, unless my hair grows drastically slow. :) My midsection is sooo short, I'm not even 5 foot tall. :p
http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/ad21/AuroraWolfie/Aviary%20Photo_130709461986636045_zpsolblazyv.png
(Please excuse the mess on my bedroom floor, I need to clean it tomorrow haha it doesn't normally look like this)

M-L-E
March 16th, 2015, 05:45 AM
Exciting times, Lauraes! It looks like you are pretty much hitting waist as it is! Looks in great condition too :)

Arwenlily
March 16th, 2015, 03:14 PM
I'm still here hoping to reach waist by Christmas. I don't know if it is possible when curly but maybe! My hair is past my bra strap now so who knows. It would be so nice :)

lapushka
March 16th, 2015, 03:27 PM
Exciting times, Lauraes! It looks like you are pretty much hitting waist as it is! Looks in great condition too :)

Yes, I'd pretty much consider that waist, at least from that angle, I'm not sure if you're really there. The angle's a little strange.

Wosie
March 17th, 2015, 05:52 AM
Yes, I'd pretty much consider that waist, at least from that angle, I'm not sure if you're really there. The angle's a little strange.

The angle changes things up by a mile! I think I'd look WL too if I took a picture from that angle. Lauraes, Your hair colour is so pretty! My torso also seems short to me, even though I'm ~5'5.

I think I'll reach waist in autumn of this year. :D For some reason (*cough* LHC) I think waist length hair still looks rather short these days. x_x;;

yogagirl
March 17th, 2015, 06:23 AM
I also added a little (+) to my goal of WL after a couple of months on the forum :o

Calypso
March 18th, 2015, 03:48 PM
I'm past BSL now, so I should be at waist by Christmas, but it's difficult to tell where that is! I have no curves. :( I tried to take a photo to see roughly where I am, but I had no idea that length photos are so ridiculously hard to take by yourself... this was the best I could do.
http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k500/amber_isabella/temporary-8.jpg

lapushka
March 18th, 2015, 04:23 PM
Looks to me like you have about 2 inches to go until waist.

Calypso
March 19th, 2015, 02:16 AM
Two inches by Christmas sounds doable! :) Thanks!

diddiedaisy
March 25th, 2015, 10:58 AM
I think I'm going to join this thread. I was bsl by Xmas but I've got there now, so it's a bit daft staying in that thread. I'm currently 24 inches and waist is 28 or 29. So I need 4 or 5 inches. Bit of a stretch I know, but if I keep away from the scissors I'll get close. Hurray for being short :)

cat11
March 25th, 2015, 08:08 PM
I think I'm going to join this thread. I was bsl by Xmas but I've got there now, so it's a bit daft staying in that thread. I'm currently 24 inches and waist is 28 or 29. So I need 4 or 5 inches. Bit of a stretch I know, but if I keep away from the scissors I'll get close. Hurray for being short :)

Well, if people grow 6 inches a year, and we're almost 1/4 of the way through the year, I'd say there's enough time left for 4 inches.

I'm hoping to still make it as well, I also have about 4 inches to go. I just got a trim, about 1 inch off of the tip of my hem (which was U) to make it straight and also as my semi-annual trim to avoid damage and get rid of dyed hair...

I still have about 4 more inches of dyed hair left too. Even though my hemline is still think the dyed hair has gotten pretty course, even when I trim it I dont feel a huge difference and I don't think I will until I get to my natural hair. I'm both exited and scared to take my quarterly length photos. I don't know if my trim just cancelled out all the growth I've made since the new year. That would be disappointing... I feel like my hair is slowing down in growth. Maybe it's just the "midback abyss" thing...

diddiedaisy
March 26th, 2015, 08:14 AM
cat11, hopefully we'll both get there. I've chopped two inches this year and don't feel it's made much difference. I'm trying to get rid of shed ends though. Waist is my end goal so I've decided just to get there then maintain it to rid myself of them. I reckon it's nearly four inches I still have to chop, but that's next years job now ;)

cat11
March 29th, 2015, 07:17 PM
^I always thought maintaining and regularly chopping off ends would be a good part of growing hair because of all the trims. New trims are exiting lol

hanne jensen
March 31st, 2015, 03:21 AM
I'm still here, slowly creeping downward millimeter by millimeter. I've reached MBL so I only have 5 cm to go.

squirrrel
March 31st, 2015, 11:15 AM
I'm still here too... Though it feels like I've cut out so many split ends this month that growth may be negligible... Oh well then. The damage has to come out (or it grows so much worse) and with enough time and perseverance (microtrims and taking better care of hair than I have in the past) the need to do so will become less and less.

emmita
April 7th, 2015, 02:57 AM
Yeeey! So happy to find this thread, because waist lenght by Christmas 2015 is my goal as well. :) Currently I've got MBL, and according to the hair lenght chart it will take about 8 months to reach WL. Of course it's individual, but I like the idea of having some kind of average measurement to follow.

Talanthae
April 7th, 2015, 04:05 AM
oh yay! this is exactly my goal although I have no idea how fast my hair actually grows so not sure if its possible. Gotta have goals right? I am ma little past BSL right now :)

Wosie
April 7th, 2015, 05:13 AM
I'm pretty sure I will reach waist by October, especially if I don't trim... which I won't. I'm so excited, it's a big milestone for me. :D

yogagirl
April 7th, 2015, 09:13 AM
Welcome, emmita and Talanthea! We must be really close together! I've started taking monthly length pictures in January, so I'm slowly getting some more data points for my growth rate. I think waist for Christmas will happen for me, but who knows! I need some more data points to be sure :)

YAY Wosie!!! Are you going for classic? I'm not planning on trimming before waist either, but I might maintain there a bit. Got some layers to get rid of...

emmita
April 7th, 2015, 09:37 AM
I do think so as well, yogagirl! :D I think we're all capable of doing this!! Last April I was just above APL, and as I said I'm now on MBL. I have to admit though that I can't decide whether my hair grows pretty fast or if it just seems like so because I'm short, hahaha! I'll start taking pictures as well, that must be the best way of seeing actual results :)

texangrrl
April 7th, 2015, 09:43 AM
I'm going to join and hope for the best. I was at a solid MBL, but I had to cut a couple inches out because my splits were terrible!!! I'm now somewhere between BSL and MBL - here's to WL!! :toast:

texangrrl
April 7th, 2015, 09:44 AM
Oh, and I'll try to get a length shot tonight and upload it.

yogagirl
April 7th, 2015, 09:46 AM
I'm short too! It's gotta have some advantages, right? :D

Yep, it would be best if you can find a spot to put your camera every time you take a length shot. That way you get the same angle every time and you can compare them better. It's also helpful if you can find a tshirt with stripes or a print and always wear it for every length shot.

ETA: texangrrl, welcome! Looking forward to seeing your pic. I'll also have some trimming to do later this year... I'm trying to wait until waist, but we'll see.

texangrrl
April 7th, 2015, 09:58 AM
I'm short too! It's gotta have some advantages, right? :D

Yep, it would be best if you can find a spot to put your camera every time you take a length shot. That way you get the same angle every time and you can compare them better. It's also helpful if you can find a tshirt with stripes or a print and always wear it for every length shot.

ETA: texangrrl, welcome! Looking forward to seeing your pic. I'll also have some trimming to do later this year... I'm trying to wait until waist, but we'll see.

I originally was shooting for no trims 2015, using only S&D. But I wasn't gentle enough on my hair and I wear it down practically every day. The rare days I wear it up, I use a ponytail holder. Since my trim, I've purchased a hair fork and hair stick and found a YouTube video that helped me learn how to use it. I'm trying to stay away from brushing, but I haven't been too successful, so I've purchased a tangle teezer and I'm eagerly awaiting it's arrival. Also, I've started using leave-ins. Hopefully with all of that and the S&D, I will be able to take better care of my ends.

yogagirl
April 7th, 2015, 10:13 AM
I like to wear my hair down as well, so I understand. Maybe take an every other day approach? Also have you tried putting your hair up at night and/or silk pillowcases?

texangrrl
April 7th, 2015, 11:41 AM
I like to wear my hair down as well, so I understand. Maybe take an every other day approach? Also have you tried putting your hair up at night and/or silk pillowcases?

No, I haven't tried either one of those yet. I need to figure out a good, protective hairstyle for sleeping though. Do you have a certain way you wear your hair to sleep in?

yogagirl
April 7th, 2015, 11:56 AM
I don't have a silk pillowcase, but I might get one in the future. For now, I just use spin pins to put my hair in a top bun. I feel like my hair likes it. Gives me nice bouncy curls too :thumbsup:

texangrrl
April 7th, 2015, 12:02 PM
Hmm, I'll have to find some spin pins and try those out. I've heard good things, but I don't have any yet.

Wosie
April 7th, 2015, 12:23 PM
YAY Wosie!!! Are you going for classic? I'm not planning on trimming before waist either, but I might maintain there a bit. Got some layers to get rid of...

I love your enthusiasm! :D Makes me feel even better about it! Yep, I'm going for classic... I'm really curious to see if I can get there without significant taper. I won't be very sad if I don't, as long as I can reach my old longest length of ~BCL or so. C: I see you're going for hip length, has your hair been that long in the past?
Oh, and, I also have some old layering going on... I might stop at waist to trim it away, but at the same time I've come to realise that those tapered ends are mighty convenient for making buns. :thumbsup:

emmita
April 7th, 2015, 01:11 PM
I am going to take all your advice, yogagirl! I'll try to take some pictures tomorrow since it's bedtime here in Sweden by now :D

yogagirl
April 7th, 2015, 01:24 PM
texangrrl, they are about 8 dollars at walgreens for three. At first I thought that's a lot compared to bobby pins, but they are much sturdier and much more useful.

Wosie, my max so far was around BSL or MBL. Hence the enthusiasm :cheese:
Oooh do you have very little taper? That's so cool :) I agree that some layers can be very helpful though. At first I thought I want all of my layers gone, but now I think I want to keep some. Just shorten the distance between the longest and the next layers up. Right now they layers are starting to look a little funny, because my cut was meant for much shorter hair.
Oh and another reason for my enthusiasm... TOYSSSS!!! Finally they are starting to hold for me :thumbsup: I've even managed to get a single stick to work last week. I'm SO pumped about it. Using hair toys was my reason to start growing :p :cool:

ammita, looking forward to seeing your pics in the future! You should have enough posts now that you can see people's profiles and LHC pictures :)

emmita
April 8th, 2015, 02:48 AM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16708&d=1428482031

This is my current lenght, and I'm so excited about this "challenge" :D

Wosie
April 8th, 2015, 03:17 AM
emmita, It seems we are length buddies! My hair is virtually exactly the same length as yours. :D *high five* Beautiful hair + colour!

yogagirl, Oh, it must feel great to pass your previous longest length! I still have a long way to go...! I do have very little taper, that is, until my old pixie layers show up (the last few inches of my hair). D;
Oh, one wouldn't ever think you are new with wearing hairtoys by looking at your avatar, you seem to be skilful in the art of bun making. :D

emmita
April 8th, 2015, 03:55 AM
Oh, it will be very fun to follow your progress Wosie!! If we're at the samt lenght by now I guess both of us will reach waist at the same time (more or less) :D And thank you very much for your compliments!

yogagirl
April 8th, 2015, 10:07 AM
emmita, beautiful, I love you hair color and it looks so silky! You look SUPER close to waist, just about two stripes away.

Wosie, oh wow, I didn't realize you grew from a pixie. That must take some serious dedication! Since you said you still have layers from the pixie, did you not trim at all?
And thank you. My avatar is an exploding LWB. Exploding because it didn't used to hold until recently ;)

lazuliblue
April 8th, 2015, 11:13 AM
I am joining (I'm not sure why I hadn't joined already!)

I actually had a trim 2 days ago. There is a clear distinction between my 'thick' hair, and the last 3 inches or so which is a lot thinner due to poor diet (and I think it might still be slightly layered.) I had about 2cm off and it has made it look quite a bit better. I am still hoping for waist (or nearly!) but Chrsitmas :D

Rapunzel_to_be
April 8th, 2015, 02:58 PM
This is my goal too!! Im MBL now, so I hope it'll be waist length by Christmas ( or maybe sooner *fingers crossed* )!! :D

yogagirl
April 8th, 2015, 04:18 PM
Welcome, lazuliblue! I'm glad your trim was a success :thumbsup:

Welcome, Rapunzel_to_be!

yogagirl
April 11th, 2015, 12:37 PM
It's length shot day :hollie::cheer::cheese:

Growth in three months: Two stripes or ~2 inches:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15202&d=1421018975http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16755&d=1428775412

I've got about 2.5 stripes to go until waist. Looks like I should be able to make it in 4-5 months! (It's funny, on all my length shots my right hand hits one stripe above the left hand, so I will call in the middle of those stripes. Apparently I'm crooked, but hey, at least I'm consistent...? :D)

Clearly my layers have to be cleaned up. I don't know yet how I will do that. I've thought about self-trimming, but I don't feel confident enough. I'd kind of like to go to my hair dresser and have her cut only the tip of my V hemline and my bangs (which are below my chin now). First problem, I really really like her, but I don't know if she will cut more than I want. I haven't seen her since I really started growing. Second problem, spending money for a full cut seems a bit wasteful when I only want her to do the V hemline tip and bangs. Either way, I kind of want to wait until waist, because... I want to reach waist already ;)

I also just calculated it's been 27 weeks since my last trim, more than 6 months! I hadn't realized. I haven't gone this long between trims in a while. My ends feel ok though, and I attribute that to being more careful with my hair (bunning many days and most nights) and clarifying/chelating. I used to run to the hair dresser because my ends felt dry and scraggly, thinking it was damage, but really it was buildup! I've lived in hard water areas most of my life (and always used cones), so I thought it's normal to have to cut it to avoid crunchy dry ends. Thank you LHC for teaching me differently!

cat11
April 11th, 2015, 04:18 PM
^You can totally make it, theres still 3 quarters left!! I did the quarterly pic thing too and I love it. Here's mine:

http://i59.tinypic.com/2ajb6yr.jpg

You can really tell how much it grey when looking at the pink dot and also my arms. I got a 1 inch straight across trim this quarter too, to straighten my hemline(which looks annoyingly wonky in the picture, but in real life looks alot straighter than it did before!) and also as my usual semiannual trim (which I usually only cut off about 1/4-1/2 of an inch for.)

I'm very pleased!! I was scared to take this pics because I felt that especially with the large hair trim my hair didn't grow at all. I guess it did! I'm officially in love with the quarterly pics idea. And I think I can more than make waist by christmas!! The real challenge is, can my entire hemline make waist my christmas, since it's still annoyingly somewhat U shaped? I'm slowly straightening it with each trim.

Mimha
April 11th, 2015, 04:42 PM
Oh nice challenge !!

I wish I can join, but I'm not too sure of the feasibility anymore : I'm stuck around BSL since two months now. I doubt I can hit waist this year. Maybe if I have a long lasting growth spurt soon, lol.

Here is my growth from 1st of January to 1st of April :

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15071&d=1420287348 http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16662&d=1428146048

Waist is still so faaaaaar away !... :(

cat11
April 11th, 2015, 07:50 PM
^Maybe not by Christmas, but I think within a year if you only microtrim... :)

People get surprised all the time though I thought I might not make it to waist til next year but I might make it next Quarter :p Ive seen a lot of suprise hair goal attainment on this forum.

hairhair
April 11th, 2015, 08:07 PM
Not sure if I've joined before, but this seems like a good goal for me! I'm about 3 inches past BSL, and 3-4 inches from waist. So hopefully should be entering waist territory by about October, and solid by Christmas.

I love all the hairpics in this thread!

Also excited because long waist/solid waist is my intermediate goal. And maybe my long long term goal, if you know what I mean - I'm aiming for classic if I can, but not sure if I see myself with hair that long, long-term. We'll see! :P I more picture myself with waist+ hair and a slight U-shaped hemline, still blunt enough to do updos.

yogagirl
April 12th, 2015, 05:14 PM
cat11, nice growth pictures! You're SO close! I think your whole hemline can make it to waist. If your hemline is annoying you, just look at mine. Mine is starting to look insane (and not in a good way!) :p:D Somehow I'm getting a V hemline where there wasn't one before, and I'm not sure if my right side is growing at all :confused:)
Btw, are you self-trimming?

Mimha, I think you may have to measure stretched...? It does look like you had some growth, but the second picture is much wavier than the first, especially the bottom! Waves make it so tricky to see growth. BUT I still would love to have your waves. Very pretty!

hairhair, welcome! It's cool that you have a clear idea of how you see yourself/your hair in the long term. I'm still in flux. For now I want my hair to touch my elbows. That is around hip for me. Not sure how I will like it, but we'll see!

divinedobbie
April 12th, 2015, 05:21 PM
cat11, nice growth pictures! You're SO close! I think your whole hemline can make it to waist. If your hemline is annoying you, just look at mine. Mine is starting to look insane (and not in a good way!) :p:D Somehow I'm getting a V hemline where there wasn't one before, and I'm not sure if my right side is growing at all :confused:)

Mimha, I think you may have to measure stretched...? It does look like you had some growth, but the second picture is much wavier than the first, especially the bottom! Waves make it so tricky to see growth. BUT I still would love to have your waves. Very pretty!

hairhair, welcome! It's cool that you have a clear idea of how you see yourself/your hair in the long term. I'm still in flux. For now I want my hair to touch my elbows. That is around hip for me. Not sure how I will like it, but we'll see!

Me and you both. My hair is growing in a mega-V despite me trimming it straight many times last year. The sides of my hair also don't seem to be growing especially the right! I haven't trimmed the sides for two years waiting for them to catch up to the rest of the hair but they can't seem to get past APL and I have no idea why.

yogagirl
April 12th, 2015, 06:05 PM
Huh that is strange, esp that it's the right side for both of us. Where do you part your hair? My part is slightly to the left, so my right side hair is hanging in front of my face often and I push it out of the way often. I wonder if that is the cause for me.

cat11
April 12th, 2015, 08:48 PM

Unwanted V hemlines can be so annoying... just slowly trimming them out when you want it to be gone. It could be a purse strap. I think I got extra damage on my right side from a crucian bracelet I always wore (which has an open U shaped clasp that loved catching hair)...

Also, I'm not self trimming, but I plan on doing so eventually. Right now my mom (who used to cut hair professionally) does my trims. I think it's too thick and high up for me to manage it well right now. I see it being disastrous. I trim my boyfreinds hair though, lol. So much easier to do it to somebody else when you can lay the hair flat on the back and get a good veiw of it while still keeping their head still.

divinedobbie
April 12th, 2015, 09:42 PM
Huh that is strange, esp that it's the right side for both of us. Where do you part your hair? My part is slightly to the left, so my right side hair is hanging in front of my face often and I push it out of the way often. I wonder if that is the cause for me.

I used to part my hair off to the left many years ago but after I started growing my bangs out (about two years ago), I've been parting to the right. My hair's thinner on that temple too. I've always wondered if it's because I mostly sleep on my right side and my pillow rubs against it. Even so, my pillow is satin so it shouldn't be causing this much damage.

NitaB
April 13th, 2015, 07:21 AM
I think I can join here. My torso is short, so I only have 3-4 inches to go until waist. I think, even if I trim a little, I might be able to make it.
Good luck everyone!

hanne jensen
April 13th, 2015, 10:52 AM
I'm only 3 cm away from anatomical waist. So close I can taste it!

blue_eyes
April 14th, 2015, 09:46 AM
I thought I still had about 4-5 inches to go till I'd reach waist, meaning I'd hit waist exactly around Christmas...but I measured today and I've only got 3 inches to go until the longest part of my hair (it's cut in a slight v-shape) hits waist!! :D I'm so excited.

Wusel
April 14th, 2015, 10:06 AM
I have a very, very short torso... Most of me is legs... So, if my hair continues to grow one inch per month on Hairfinity it's not impossible that I can be almost waist or waist for Christmas... Wish me luck! I just reordered a 3 month supply...

divinedobbie
April 15th, 2015, 10:42 PM
I have a very, very short torso... Most of me is legs... So, if my hair continues to grow one inch per month on Hairfinity it's not impossible that I can be almost waist or waist for Christmas... Wish me luck! I just reordered a 3 month supply...

Good luck :D

Calypso
April 16th, 2015, 02:43 AM
Can anyone recommend any good hairstyles for between BSL and waist length hair? Braids are always good, but I need more bun ideas. My hair is quite thick, and at this length it just seems really unruly and not very stable in most updos. Lazy wrap and double braided buns work alright, but I can't do a cinnabun or nautilus or any of the other cool styles I keep seeing on here. How do you all do your hair?

Wosie
April 16th, 2015, 02:58 AM
Can anyone recommend any good hairstyles for between BSL and waist length hair? Braids are always good, but I need more bun ideas. My hair is quite thick, and at this length it just seems really unruly and not very stable in most updos. Lazy wrap and double braided buns work alright, but I can't do a cinnabun or nautilus or any of the other cool styles I keep seeing on here. How do you all do your hair?

My hair is rather thick as well and I also can't do the nautilus or a safe cinnabun (that doesn't pull like crazy). I would recommend for you to try out the disc bun if you haven't done so already! It's the only bun I dare to trust these days (meaning, I can go out with it for long periods of time without having to worry it'll fall out). :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y5sSEBy7HQ

Calypso
April 16th, 2015, 03:06 AM
Oh wow, I just tried it and it actually works! Feels very secure and comfy. :) Thank you!

cat11
April 17th, 2015, 05:29 PM
I love the disc bun. I'm waiting to be able to do a lot of buns until when I can make two complete coils.... almost there. i can't do nautilus or alot of the other buns I've tried. No figure 8.

I wanna figure out more buns that split the hair in two like that. maybe Ill try to create one myself. maybe we all should try, us thick haired ladies who have this problem, and see what we come up with...

cat11
May 9th, 2015, 09:10 PM
Bumpy Bump :D How is everyone doing? This thread is so much less active than the classic by Christmas thread :(

This is my most recent pic taken May 1. Ill have another update June 1 with inversion results :) I Think I'll definitely make it judging by this pics. If i take my hair and pull it it's waist now (not that thats really relevant since it's never straightened... lol) so thats a mini milestone I suppose

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17235&d=1431227270

divinedobbie
May 9th, 2015, 10:05 PM
It does give me a twinge that this thread is not very active.

Very pretty hair cat11 you seem to be very close, I think you might get there before Christmas :)

Maybe I'll take a picture of my hair tomorrow marking where waist is and upload to this thread.

cat11
May 9th, 2015, 10:42 PM
Thanks divinedobbie! I always admire your hair in your signature. Straight hair envy- grass is always greener. Even though my hair has straightened out so much with length and especially with my near constant bunning and oiling. It only looks moderatly wavy in my length pics which I take right before wash day.

Please do post progress pics :) Lets get this thread going! I need to start marking waist, like you mentioned doing! I still have a U hem so its a bit harder to tell without a line since waist is more accentuated on my sides where it's shorter. I know a lot of people use string. I have drawn lines in paint in the past and it worked well... Although I'm glad I passed those milestones, APL had the towel trick and BSL had the bra line, but waist is much less clearly defined on the body, even with those more curvy people.

divinedobbie
May 9th, 2015, 10:49 PM
Thanks divinedobbie! I always admire your hair in your signature. Straight hair envy- grass is always greener. Even though my hair has straightened out so much with length and especially with my near constant bunning and oiling. It only looks moderatly wavy in my length pics which I take right before wash day.

Please do post progress pics :) Lets get this thread going! I need to start marking waist, like you mentioned doing! I still have a U hem so its a bit harder to tell without a line since waist is more accentuated on my sides where it's shorter. I know a lot of people use string. I have drawn lines in paint in the past and it worked well... Although I'm glad I passed those milestones, APL had the towel trick and BSL had the bra line, but waist is much less clearly defined on the body, even with those more curvy people.

That is so funny because bunning gives me waves which I love (until my next wash anyway), the grass is truly always greener on the other side :DYour hair does look only moderately wavy in your pictures, that's a big difference! I imagine it takes a lot longer to gain length with curlier hair too. I used to draw lines in paint but since then I've started tying a string around my waist and it's easy and accurate. (Actually, I take my ipod charger cord and gently wrap it around my waist, it's reusable and minimalistic.)

cat11
May 10th, 2015, 07:30 AM
That is so funny because bunning gives me waves which I love (until my next wash anyway), the grass is truly always greener on the other side :DYour hair does look only moderately wavy in your pictures, that's a big difference! I imagine it takes a lot longer to gain length with curlier hair too. I used to draw lines in paint but since then I've started tying a string around my waist and it's easy and accurate. (Actually, I take my ipod charger cord and gently wrap it around my waist, it's reusable and minimalistic.)

That's a good idea! I could use my hair ribbons. One of these days I need to get around to taking a legitimate hair typing photo, because I havent done so since collar bone length. Its curly for so short of a time though, once it's dry I lightly oil it, comb it, and put it in braids to get rid of the poof and disorder, lol.

j88
May 10th, 2015, 12:06 PM
Hmm. I feel like joining. Only thing is that the few hair strands I have in my hemline is so thin and wavy that it look like BSL (or shorter) even though when I pull it it is almost waist length. I want it to be waste when it's hanging naturally down in wavy curls. But not sure if my hair can get longer. http://www.myalbum.com/GroteFoto-UQRGHRFS.jpg

divinedobbie
May 10th, 2015, 12:15 PM
Here's my picture as promised! Sorry it's such awful quality. The sun was too strong in my room, but the lighting in my bathroom was pretty bad too and the last two inches of my hair blended right into my shirt because it's so grainy. I'm too lazy to take proper pictures with my camera because it requires resizing to be small enough to upload to my LHC album whereas my phone takes pictures that aren't very big. Without further ado:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17240&d=1431281586
About 4 more inches to go. Should be there right on at the end of 2015.

cat11
May 10th, 2015, 12:35 PM
j88- Your hair does look BSL. My hair is at waist if I pull it down from root to end and stretch it- but I personally dont count that as waist. (some do) I definately think your hair can grow longer!! I think you think it's way thinner than it really is. It looks good to me and in good condition to keep growing as long as you get regular small trims. Also, nice red color.

divinedobbie I think you are right on the dot with your estimate and it looks good. I think you can make waist by Christmas as long as you don't trim alot! Especially since your hair is straight :)

I dont even have a real camera besides my phone but I think it does well enough :p

yogagirl
May 16th, 2015, 12:47 PM
Wowzers, cat11 and divinedobbie! Beautiful length shots!

I'll add mine here too, cross posted from the BSL2WL thread. Adding January and March to guesstimate the growth rate :)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15202&d=1421018975http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16363&d=1426199429http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17302&d=1431800508

Pretty sure I will make it to waist at christmas, even though I will have at least one trim until then. I don't get splits, but I wear my hair down 1-2 days a week and it just doesn't look good anymore with the crazy layers and yucky ends. The trim needs to be tiny because I am FINALLY able to do a LWB and use a single hair stick (only in cinnabun for now) and I don't want to loose that :)

squirrrel
May 16th, 2015, 01:18 PM
I should be hitting waist over the summer... Feels like I'm almost cheating being part of this thread... I'll admit that the comparison pictures show April with braid waves, and May with oilier hair, so the difference isn't likely as big as it seems...
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17303&d=1431803543

cat11
May 16th, 2015, 04:29 PM
yogagirl & squirrel I think you will definately make it- even with trims- and both of your ends look like they are in great shape, too. Squirrel you look particularly close!

squirrrel
May 17th, 2015, 02:02 AM
Thanks Cat11... According to a hair growth monitor thing I use, if I maintain the rate of growth I have, I could be hitting waist proper soon after the start of next month... Current plan is to grow to hip and then maintain for a bit to trim off some of the pre-LHC damage only I am aware of, but you know what LHC-itis can be like...

Right now I'm mostly S&D, though I did trim off a bit back in March... I might schedule another for June... Thing is, I know I chopped off around 5 inches last year in a couple of big trims... I think my hair is better for it in general (hadn't been cut since 2011), but still can't help thinking that I could be around hip length now if I hadn't trimmed!

divinedobbie
May 17th, 2015, 08:24 AM
Thanks yogagirl and cat11 I wear my hair down a lot and my ends are better than they've been but don't look the best but I've sworn off trimming for 2015 so I couldn't cut even if I wanted to. I'm so grateful for that challenge it's the only thing that's going to get me to waist! Interestingly enough when I measured my hair a few days ago, it looked like it was only at 26" but waist measured at 29" when normally my hair is 27" and waist is 31". I double checked and everything..maybe my tape measure stretched? I'm going to check again after I wash today.

Squirrel, even with the braid waves and oily hair differences, that's impressive growth. Your hair went from barely covering the cats face to not even being able to see it. The worst feeling is thinking 'If I hadn't cut, I could've been at ________ already"!

cat11
May 17th, 2015, 09:56 AM
Thanks Cat11... According to a hair growth monitor thing I use, if I maintain the rate of growth I have, I could be hitting waist proper soon after the start of next month... Current plan is to grow to hip and then maintain for a bit to trim off some of the pre-LHC damage only I am aware of, but you know what LHC-itis can be like...

Right now I'm mostly S&D, though I did trim off a bit back in March... I might schedule another for June... Thing is, I know I chopped off around 5 inches last year in a couple of big trims... I think my hair is better for it in general (hadn't been cut since 2011), but still can't help thinking that I could be around hip length now if I hadn't trimmed!

I hate to say it but 5 inches is a haircut not a trim! Im sorry that sucks when you have those thoughts.

It sounds like if you want to improve ends but now stop growing you coud benefit from the microtrimming thread! Very small tmall trims at more often intervals are really succesful for people trying to improve their ends while still growing. i just joined to slowly get rid of my bleach!

quirkybookworm
May 17th, 2015, 11:14 AM
I'd love to join in (if y'all don't mind have a newbie along for the ride :p )! I feel a little bit like a cheater joining in as mine is currently, maybe, 2 to 3 inches away from waist-ish.
I feel like I've been in the mid-back abyss for a lifetime, and I'm ready to move on! :lol:

divinedobbie
May 17th, 2015, 11:16 AM
Welcome quirkybookworm ! 2-3 inches sounds very doable by the end of the year :)

squirrrel
May 17th, 2015, 11:46 AM
If I'm allowed in Quirky Bookworm, there can be no arguments about you...

Thanks Divine Dobbie... I think I probably do have above average growth - when I kept my hair short the hairdresser was always exclaiming about how much it grew... Currently thinking that the Jan-May growth evens out to around 3/4ths of an inch per month. Now waiting to see what the summer does... And how much I decide to cut off.

Very true Cat11! I have looked into and intend to join microtrimmers at some point - but you've already seen how bad a judge of length I am when cutting... That's why I was thinking that maybe growing to hip area would be a plan... I could then let it grow a bit past hip and hope to use that as a guideline so-as not to cut off too much at once... Of course, depends if I decided to maintain there a while or not... Part of that depends on how nicely I treat it (and it's subsequent health) naturally! :)

Thanks again for feedback both. :)

quirkybookworm
May 17th, 2015, 03:35 PM
divinedobbie Thank you! :heartbeat I really hope so - like I said, I feel like I've been at MBL forever (the woes of being tall and all torso :lol: ) Also, your hair is gorgeous!

squirrrel Well, then, we can be probably-too-long-for-this-but-trying-anyway twins! :lol:

Lauraes
May 18th, 2015, 02:52 PM
I've only posted in this thread once or twice, but it's already time for me to leave as I've apparently passed waist. :) Onwards to hip!

Mammasaurusrex
May 18th, 2015, 04:16 PM
I can't join as my hair is just shoulder length currently but I just wanted to say that I am excited to see where you all are at by December! I can't believe how fast your hair grows! It will be probably four years or so before I see waist length.

divinedobbie
May 18th, 2015, 04:27 PM
I can't join as my hair is just shoulder length currently but I just wanted to say that I am excited to see where you all are at by December! I can't believe how fast your hair grows! It will be probably four years or so before I see waist length.

Thanks for the support! You'll get there too :) I've been waiting many a years to be where I am now

Arwenlily
May 18th, 2015, 04:30 PM
Ugh, I really don't think I'll be making it waist this year ... maybe MBL at most. I did way too many trims this year, and my hair is still at BSL but barely when it is very curly. I feel like I have no progress at all and that my hair is not growing from month to month. This is awful and discouraging ... I think I've stalled. My hair was feeling longer before my last trim but I trimmed too much and unevenly and now I'm back to square one.

fallfairy
May 18th, 2015, 04:31 PM
good luck. im on the same road!

Mammasaurusrex
May 18th, 2015, 05:58 PM
Patience is the hardest part. I need to remember that everyone who has hair that I'm envious of has waited years to get where they are, just like you said! :nod:

cat11
May 19th, 2015, 09:04 PM
If I'm allowed in Quirky Bookworm, there can be no arguments about you...

Thanks Divine Dobbie... I think I probably do have above average growth - when I kept my hair short the hairdresser was always exclaiming about how much it grew... Currently thinking that the Jan-May growth evens out to around 3/4ths of an inch per month. Now waiting to see what the summer does... And how much I decide to cut off.

Very true Cat11! I have looked into and intend to join microtrimmers at some point - but you've already seen how bad a judge of length I am when cutting... That's why I was thinking that maybe growing to hip area would be a plan... I could then let it grow a bit past hip and hope to use that as a guideline so-as not to cut off too much at once... Of course, depends if I decided to maintain there a while or not... Part of that depends on how nicely I treat it (and it's subsequent health) naturally! :)

Thanks again for feedback both. :)

If you're self trimming that could work out well because a lot of people say self trimming gets easier the longer their hair gets!!

M-L-E
June 10th, 2015, 08:23 AM
Urghh back to above BSL. Don't think I am going to get to waist length by Christmas :( But at least nearly all the damage is gone! Will still continue this challenge... Keep meaning to put pics up but I currently hate my hair so I'd rather not! Hope everyone is doing well... :)

NitaB
June 23rd, 2015, 12:12 PM
I just reached 'longest-hair-just-barely-grazing-waist-when-wet-and-stretched' length! Hoping for solid waist sometime soon,

Hope everyone's goals are going well! It would be nice to see this goal thread get a bit more traffic

CremeTron
June 23rd, 2015, 02:29 PM
I would love to join. I am scraping BSL and I expectedbto be at BSL by Christmas so now I have a new goal.

Waiat by christmas : )

CremeTron
June 23rd, 2015, 02:29 PM
I would love to join. I am scraping BSL and I expectedbto be at BSL by Christmas so now I have a new goal.

Waiat by christmas : )

divinedobbie
June 23rd, 2015, 02:55 PM
Crawling along... I'm about three inches off waist, I had a month long growth stall but I think I should still be able to make this goal since my hair is back to growing again.

HappyHair87
June 26th, 2015, 06:18 PM
Welp...I was hoping I'd be on my way to Hip Length by the end of the year...but long story short, I had to trim a good 1.5 inches of damaged ends off.

Thanks to me thinking my paddle brush was harmless. 😒😒😒 Ugh!

So now I'm back at Mid back length. I think I can at least reach solid waist by the end of the year though. As long as I treat my hair like fine silk.

cat11
June 27th, 2015, 08:44 AM
http://i62.tinypic.com/ive1p1.jpg
Hair is damp & finger combed in this pic...(yes... I did have downtime at work and got bored and made a length pic -_-) I think I will definitely make it by Christmas!! Hopefully by the end of next quarter, in a couple inches (Im doing the quarterly measurement thing) :happydance:

Wosie
June 28th, 2015, 04:33 AM
Beautiful hair, cat11! :) I think I have ~one inch left until I hit waist... I can't believe how quickly the race to waist is going when I forget about my hair and go obsessed with nail polish instead. :p

pailin
June 28th, 2015, 09:34 AM
Want to join....but I'm pretty sure Christmas is unlikely, as I've got 4-5 inches to go.

amino
July 1st, 2015, 05:17 AM
I have less than three inches to go, so I'm hoping that I can hit waist length by Christmas! Or my birthday, which is only 6 days before.

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z365/aminosan/Hair/fe56c2f8-5146-4f69-8e6e-7ef759aabce3_zpsb9tdtq6g.jpg (http://s1186.photobucket.com/user/aminosan/media/Hair/fe56c2f8-5146-4f69-8e6e-7ef759aabce3_zpsb9tdtq6g.jpg.html)

Stunning hair, cat11!

HappyHair87
July 10th, 2015, 10:53 PM
Don't let this thread die!!:cry:

I need a recommendation for a deep treatment that has NO protein in it. I think I'm still having breakage issues. :(

Techmouse
August 15th, 2015, 08:23 AM
Can I join? My hair is about two or three inches from WL. So maybe by Christmas it will be at Waist.

dogzdinner
August 15th, 2015, 09:32 AM
Im still hoping for waist by xmas. If I pull the hair down Im about 2in away so its just about doable...Just so sad when your freshly washed braid waved hair suddenly bounces up to practically your armpit though!!LOL:D

Groovy Granny
August 15th, 2015, 09:42 AM
Aha...I was looking for this thread yesterday and couldn't see it :)
Jumping on this bandwagon; I should have no problem hitting waist solidly when dry.
Happy growing ladies ~ you all look amazing!

emmita
August 15th, 2015, 10:04 AM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18459&d=1439654424

I've forgotten about updating this thread during the summer. This is my progress so far! :)

cadencesday
August 15th, 2015, 11:06 AM
I'm almost there, maybe 3 inches or so.

cat11
August 15th, 2015, 12:55 PM
Don't let this thread die!!:cry:

I need a recommendation for a deep treatment that has NO protein in it. I think I'm still having breakage issues. :(

I would reccomend mixing a moisturizing medium to light weight conditioner with no cones (I use tresemme naturals OR Palmers olive oil formula) with Agave Nectar, Sunflower Oil, and Aloe. This is my go to moisturizer for making my ends a lot more flexible, I was having problems with breakage due to bleached ends and this recipe solved it for me :)

And as an update, my hair is definitely waist in the shower... feels like waist when its dry and I comb it, but then when I look at it in the mirror it still comes up short. I've definitely had a recent growth spurt though. Crossing my fingers that it will be waist by October 1st for my 4th quarterly pics.... I keep thinking "It's almost there!" But then it just like... doesn't get there... it's like the finish line keeps getting inched away before I get there by a demon ;__; I know that's impossible cause waist it waist but... grow already dammit >_<

quirkybookworm
August 23rd, 2015, 07:40 PM
I had to go on a hunt to find this thread. :lol: I think I joined in a while ago, but never posted a length photo. I'm officially at 'can I call this waist?'.

http://i.imgur.com/2c0QUgI.jpg

First time posting a photo so I'm hoping it goes well :pray:

Groovy Granny
August 23rd, 2015, 10:25 PM
I'm almost there, maybe 3 inches or so.
Happy growing!

I've forgotten about updating this thread during the summer. This is my progress so far! :)
You are very close if not there...at least stretched!

I had to go on a hunt to find this thread. :lol: I think I joined in a while ago, but never posted a length photo. I'm officially at 'can I call this waist?'.

You look past waist and nearing hip IMHO :)

Very nice ladies :thumbsup:

lapushka
August 24th, 2015, 05:19 AM
You look past waist and nearing hip IMHO :)

Yes, it looks a bit past waist to me as well! Congrats! :D

dogzdinner
August 24th, 2015, 06:25 AM
And as an update, my hair is definitely waist in the shower... feels like waist when its dry and I comb it, but then when I look at it in the mirror it still comes up short.
Its annoying when you dont really know when to call it, isnt it!? I can pull my hair down to my waist but if I let go it bounces back up a couple of inches. For me waist will be when it gets there, dry and without interference. (so def by xmas, right?.....right??:shrug:).

Groovy Granny
August 24th, 2015, 12:08 PM
I usually call it wet stretched :p

But as a final goal length I want it to LOOK IT - DRY :cheer:

Fericera
August 24th, 2015, 01:26 PM

http://i.imgur.com/2c0QUgI.jpg

Looks like waist to me. Congratulations!

yogagirl
August 24th, 2015, 03:51 PM
quirky, you're definitely at waist! Congrats!!

I've been avoiding this thread, because UGH, they don't call it mid-back abyss for nothin! I don't know if I had a stall or what, but I feel like I've been an inch from waist for three months at least. I stopped taking monthly length pics out of frustration. I did have a trim, but I really didn't think she took more than an inch off :confused:

Also, anybody else totally frustrated that almost waist length hair barely looks BSL from the front? What's going on there :confused:

So. Much. Frustration right now. I do think I will make it to waist by Christmas. After all, I'm only an inch away, right? ;)

Robi-Bird
August 24th, 2015, 04:08 PM
I am pretty short waisted so I hope I can hit waist by Christmas, I well into BSL at the moment. It grows an inch a month so... Maybe?

Groovy Granny
August 24th, 2015, 05:44 PM
I've been avoiding this thread, because UGH, they don't call it mid-back abyss for nothin! I don't know if I had a stall or what, but I feel like I've been an inch from waist for three months at least. I stopped taking monthly length pics out of frustration. I did have a trim, but I really didn't think she took more than an inch off :confused:

Also, anybody else totally frustrated that almost waist length hair barely looks BSL from the front? What's going on there :confused:

So. Much. Frustration right now. I do think I will make it to waist by Christmas. After all, I'm only an inch away, right? ;)
Hang in there; with just an inch away ....you should have no trouble!
Yep....front lengths irk me too :p

I am pretty short waisted so I hope I can hit waist by Christmas, I well into BSL at the moment. It grows an inch a month so... Maybe?

I'm short waisted/torso too...but an inch a month?? Lucky you!!!

quirkybookworm
August 24th, 2015, 06:18 PM
Groovy Granny, Lapushka, Fericera, Yogagirl Thank you! I'm a little nervous about calling it when I reach a length milestone - I called MBL a little early, and got stuck in the mid-back abyss even longer than necessary. Also, I kind of can't believe that I'm now out of the mid-back abyss. Never thought I'd see the day. :lol:

And, Yogagirl, I totally get what you mean about hair looking shorter in the front. It's the worst, isn't it? You get really excited because it's a certain length in the back, and then you pull it forward, and it's like, 'where did all the length go?'. :hmm:

I guess that ends the 'to waist' leg of this long hair 'journey'. I'm still gonna be checking in on this thread, though, I want to see all of you reach your goal. :heartbeat

Robi-Bird
August 24th, 2015, 08:19 PM
It was really annoying when I kept my inch under an inch long but now that I'm growing it out, I am VERY grateful.

spirals
August 24th, 2015, 11:30 PM
quirky, you are at hip! Yay!

Fericera
August 25th, 2015, 08:16 AM

I completely know what you mean about the front length! My hair always "feels" one milestone behind because of this. It wasn't until APL that my hair finally felt like shoulder. Now that I'm closing in on BSL it feels like its barely APL. I'm sure you'll make it by Christmas. :) At an average growth rate we'll get about two inches by then (although I'm in the BSL by Christmas challenge).

lazuliblue
August 25th, 2015, 03:04 PM

Yes. Yes to all of this. We can console each other yogagirl!

My hair at the front is past BSL but it looks shorter, my hair at the back when stretched is...I forget, something like 0.75 inch away from waist but when I turn to the side it looks like it's at BSL, and I have too much taper for my liking but I don't want to cut because...well, I'm nearly at waist!!!

I did clarify my hair the other day though for the first time in about 4 months (I am a bit over the top about not stripping it of moisture) and it fully really helped, my waves came back more and my hair just looked better.

yogagirl
August 25th, 2015, 07:17 PM
I'm so glad I'm not alone with the short looking hair issues ;)

lazuliblue, I really need to clarify as well. Like you I am also apprehensive because it makes me hair so dry and SMT doesn't do a ton for it.

Fericera, I totally agree. One milestone behind from the front! So mean.

quirky, yesss! Where did all the length go? When I first joined LHC my goal was WL, but I soon realized that WL on the back does not equal waist length from the front. Now I figure hip should get me there... maybe hopefully...?

Robi, that's a quick growth rate, lucky ducky! Though I can see how that would be annoying with a short hair cut :o

cat11
September 12th, 2015, 11:52 AM
Dogzdinner we're in the exact same boat. I also don't like to call anything until it looks like it dry... and I can't tell in the mirror really...

This is so me!!! I also stopped taking length pics as often. Id just take them to look after wash day on Friday and they never got anywhere. Im making myself (for the most part...) wait until Oct. 1st, my next Quarterly pic time...

And the front length thing drives me nuts. I think it's because as women we aren't flat, so not only does the hair travel over the shoulders but also over the mountains of our boobies... so maybe that's why it looks less long in the front... because of the lady lumps?

I thought I'd be at waist a couple months ago.... now I'm just hoping for Christmas. Lol. I should have had proper respect for the "mid back abyss"

yogagirl
September 12th, 2015, 03:38 PM
Ack, I'm sorry you're also stuck in the mid back abyss! Damn, we didn't show the proper respect and it totally smacked us down!

I haven't taken a length pic in... 4 months I think, so I should be able to see growth. Maybe I'll take a length pic tomorrow. I definitely think the boobies aren't helping with this length from the front situation. Also... waves! Mine are only 2a right after washing, so tomorrow they should have loosened up a bit.

AutobotsAttack
September 12th, 2015, 04:23 PM
I think I can make it :) right now I've been getting almost a full inch of growth a month. Right now I'm probably at my goal length of Bra strap (I'm experiencing a lot of shrinkage though), so within the next three months, I'm hoping to be there. I wouldn't even mind if I got there in January of 2016. Waist is only 3 inches from BSL for me (I'm fairly short) lol. So I don't have to wait as long as many of the other taller ladies.

yogagirl
September 13th, 2015, 11:07 AM
AutobotsAttack, I'm also relatively short. It's gotta have some advantages, right? :thumbsup:

I actually dared to take another length pic today. I think between May and September I had a net growth of more than an inch, i.e. more than one stripe on my shirt. I trimmed about an inch in June.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17302&d=1431800508http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18958&d=1442163284

My thumb is at waist, so it looks like I'm there?!?! I will wait a month or two to call it, because my ends usually flip over a bit and also my waves make it look shorter most of the time. (ETA: Oh and because when I put both my thumbs at waist, my right one usually sits a bit lower :doh:) Aaaah, I can't believe I am actually getting there YAY!!

Groovy Granny
September 13th, 2015, 11:31 AM
I think I can make it :) right now I've been getting almost a full inch of growth a month. Right now I'm probably at my goal length of Bra strap (I'm experiencing a lot of shrinkage though), so within the next three months, I'm hoping to be there. I wouldn't even mind if I got there in January of 2016. Waist is only 3 inches from BSL for me (I'm fairly short) lol. So I don't have to wait as long as many of the other taller ladies.

AutobotsAttack, I'm also relatively short. It's gotta have some advantages, right? :thumbsup:

I actually dared to take another length pic today. I think between May and September I had a net growth of more than an inch, i.e. more than one stripe on my shirt. I trimmed about an inch in June.

My thumb is at waist, so it looks like I'm there?!?! I will wait a month or two to call it, because my ends usually flip over a bit and also my waves make it look shorter most of the time. (ETA: Oh and because when I put both my thumbs at waist, my right one usually sits a bit lower :doh:) Aaaah, I can't believe I am actually getting there YAY!!

You could call it now YG; I would lol

I'm JUST there stretched ...so I am waiting :wannabe:

It's looking good for us :cheer:

Monsterkitti
September 13th, 2015, 02:03 PM
Looks there to me YogaGirl but know the feeling of wanting to wait a bit longer before calling it :)

I've also been lurking still but not posting as still stuck in mid back abyss too :/

Still hoping to be there for christmas but had to do a big s&d and a microrim as my ends were getting bad.

Groovy Granny
September 13th, 2015, 02:05 PM
Looks there to me YogaGirl but know the feeling of wanting to wait a bit longer before calling it :)

I've also been lurking still but not posting as still stuck in mid back abyss too :/

Still hoping to be there for christmas but had to do a big s&d and a microrim as my ends were getting bad.

Nice to meet you ~ good luck :)

hanne jensen
September 15th, 2015, 11:15 AM
I've reached anatomical waist at the last rib. Hubby measured and there is 5.5 cm to the bottom of my waist.

Groovy Granny
September 15th, 2015, 11:35 AM
I've reached anatomical waist at the last rib. Hubby measured and there is 5.5 cm to the bottom of my waist.

Congrats :thumbsup:
Looks like you are moving on to the next thread (we'll be there shortly lol)

Groovy Granny
September 20th, 2015, 09:37 AM
My selfies aren't good (obviously lol)
But there is a noticeable change in length.
Change in air temps make a difference too
August humidity = more volume; yesterday's dryer air = sleeker (with shampoo fluff)
(pics in my album)
Getting so close :happydance:

cat11
September 26th, 2015, 02:08 PM
Congrats Yogagirl!! :cheese:

I forgot to post here to say I had made it to waist!!
http://i59.tinypic.com/30sui5s.jpg

I'll see everyone in the hip threads soon :)

Groovy Granny
September 26th, 2015, 05:16 PM
Looks great ~ congrats :thumbsup:
I'll see you in the 'waist to hip' thread in January ;)

DollyDagger
September 27th, 2015, 06:40 PM
Looks awesome cat11! Congrats :flower:

luvlonghair75
September 28th, 2015, 06:26 AM
I've made it to waist 3 months before Christmas! Yay! Wonder if I'll be at hip by Christmas?? Grow hair, grow!

cat11
September 28th, 2015, 02:37 PM
Thanks everyone :)

Congratulations, luvlonghair75 :)

Groovy Granny
September 28th, 2015, 02:57 PM
I've made it to waist 3 months before Christmas! Yay! Wonder if I'll be at hip by Christmas?? Grow hair, grow!

Wow...that's great; congrats :thumbsup:t

squirrrel
October 3rd, 2015, 09:20 AM
I think I've got a longer torso than I realised. Thought I'd be at waist by around May/June. Now at start of Oct I'm still only brushing waist (and friends do say it's been growing, so I guess it's not a stall, even if it does feel like it!). I guess I'm just not the best and measuring length. Oh well then! Still - should be at Solid waist by Christmas. And then I've probably got same again to grow to hip...

Groovy Granny
October 3rd, 2015, 10:10 AM
I think I've got a longer torso than I realised. Thought I'd be at waist by around May/June. Now at start of Oct I'm still only brushing waist (and friends do say it's been growing, so I guess it's not a stall, even if it does feel like it!). I guess I'm just not the best and measuring length. Oh well then! Still - should be at Solid waist by Christmas. And then I've probably got same again to grow to hip...

Feel free to post a length pic and we can assess it for you.
It isn't always easy to do it yourself and others don't have the vision us long hairs do re: body markers (which also vary person to person).
Yay for growth ~ enjoy the process; we're gonna have a graduation party at Christmas :thumbsup:

Seraphim
October 3rd, 2015, 12:00 PM
http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag28/dreamsinpills/ec9939da-d0ad-4bdc-893d-2ae3bd3ae8ee_zps9hihtebj.jpg

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag28/dreamsinpills/IMG_20151003_193832_zpsx4c3hejd.jpg

The longest pieces seem to be getting close? I don't know :confused:

divinedobbie
October 3rd, 2015, 12:04 PM
Seraphim, I'd say you have no more than an inch to go.

As for myself, I won't make waist by Christmas as I've had a really long growth stall and I'm still stuck at 28" (should've been at 29.5" by now).

Groovy Granny
October 3rd, 2015, 12:09 PM
The longest pieces seem to be getting close? I don't know :confused:
You look very close:thumbsup: and may be there stretched!

As for myself, I won't make waist by Christmas as I've had a really long growth stall and I'm still stuck at 28" (should've been at 29.5" by now).

Hope you get a growth spurt ~ hang in there :)

Both of you look awesome!

lapushka
October 3rd, 2015, 12:20 PM

I'd say about an inch as well!

squirrrel
October 3rd, 2015, 12:53 PM
You're looking good Seraphim.

I do hope you have that spurt DivineDobby.

As for where I am at... Sorry if pic quality isn't fantastic. This was taken just over ten days ago, and is one of the few pics I have that accurately shows my waist (sorry for those who can't see it, it's in my LHC album...)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19294&d=1443897966

Groovy Granny
October 3rd, 2015, 01:35 PM
As for where I am at... Sorry if pic quality isn't fantastic. This was taken just over ten days ago, and is one of the few pics I have that accurately shows my waist (sorry for those who can't see it, it's in my LHC album...)

It looks great ~ happy growing :)

squirrrel
October 3rd, 2015, 01:42 PM
Thanks GG. :)

divinedobbie
October 4th, 2015, 02:30 PM
You will be there so soon squirrel!

Groovy Granny
October 12th, 2015, 11:34 AM
Looks great ~ congrats :thumbsup:
I'll see you in the 'waist to hip' thread in January ;)

I changed my mind ;)

I am at waist stretched :happydance: but will call it officially in December....and will NOT be growing to hip, and will stay in the BSL to waist thread.

Hip is just a couple inches away, my hair is getting heavy (and in the way at times lol); a couple more inches will not add to the styles I can do because I have such a short torso.

I am very happy to be at goal; it is the longest I have even been in my almost 64 years!

Mission accomplished ...thanks to all of you (((Hugs)))

hanne jensen
October 12th, 2015, 09:31 PM
I reached anatomical waist last month. This is where the last rib is and where the waist starts to indent. I'll be at the bottom of my waistline by the end of the year.

I'm starting to dust every month so I won't reach hip until August or September next year even though I have a short waist.

Horrorpops
October 13th, 2015, 01:40 AM
Ooh this is the thread for me!! I have maybe two inches to go - which is maybe pushing it a little. My hair is growing at approximately 0.7" a month, but it is coming into summer here and looking for a growth spurt. :eye: haha
It has been my goal all year but I was set back around 2" when I cut off the last of my bleached ends... waahhhh.

Here is where I was at around the start of October:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19350&d=1444132176

dogzdinner
October 13th, 2015, 03:01 AM
well, Im there stretched... hopefully I can properly call it by the end of the year!:)

Groovy Granny
October 13th, 2015, 04:06 AM
I reached anatomical waist last month. This is where the last rib is and where the waist starts to indent. I'll be at the bottom of my waistline by the end of the year.

I'm starting to dust every month so I won't reach hip until August or September next year even though I have a short waist.

Ooh this is the thread for me!! I have maybe two inches to go - which is maybe pushing it a little. My hair is growing at approximately 0.7" a month, but it is coming into summer here and looking for a growth spurt. :eye: haha
It has been my goal all year but I was set back around 2" when I cut off the last of my bleached ends... waahhhh.

Here is where I was at around the start of October:

well, Im there stretched... hopefully I can properly call it by the end of the year!:)

Yay...the more the merrier :)
Happy growing :thumbsup:

Horrorpops
October 13th, 2015, 06:19 AM
Thanks!! I can't believe I haven't noticed this thread before!! I only knew about the 'BSL by Christmas 2015' one and I had been wishing for one for waist! Its exciting to know this exists :thumbsup:

Groovy Granny
October 13th, 2015, 09:30 AM
It sure does help the time pass quickly, and great to be so close to a goal :thumbsup:

Zesty
October 13th, 2015, 09:30 AM
The dream is not completely dead, but it has certainly started limping.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19255&d=1443705985

Each of those stripes is about 3/4" wide, so it looks like I have 1.5-2" left for decently solid waist. :wail: Maybe by Christmas I'll be there stretched. Or I'll console myself by "calling" MBL. :lol: Either way, it shouldn't be too far into the new year when I hit it. But I'll be cheering everyone else on!

(My growth always seems to be offset from the "by Christmas" threads, so that I reach it a few months late but not late enough to join the next "by Christmas" thread... Sad.)

Groovy Granny
October 13th, 2015, 01:41 PM
LOL it is pretty though...and at least it is still limping and hasn't come to a complete stop ;)

Horrorpops
October 13th, 2015, 04:51 PM
Zesty your post made me smile! I can definitely relate to the limping aspects. And I also agree - my growth just never lines up well with milestone dates... graduations, christmas, birthdays.... if I have a growth spurt this will be the first time it aligns with a thread on here and a date! :D

I think I've said this before but your hair is so lovely! :) Glad to see you here!

Zesty
October 13th, 2015, 04:57 PM
Zesty your post made me smile! I can definitely relate to the limping aspects. And I also agree - my growth just never lines up well with milestone dates... graduations, christmas, birthdays.... if I have a growth spurt this will be the first time it aligns with a thread on here and a date! :D

I think I've said this before but your hair is so lovely! :) Glad to see you here!

I'm holding out hope that I'll be at waist by our anniversary in March. Might be an occasion to wear it down. :hmm: And thank you! I think I've got a bit of bedhead in that picture :lol: but I'm pretty happy with my hair overall. Yours is also very pretty! I've admired it on several threads. :)

Groovy Granny
October 13th, 2015, 05:29 PM
Thank you :o
I hope you hit this milestone for your anniversary; how many years for you?.
Mine is hitting at a good time too ~ we are celebrating 42 years married on the 20th :)

Zesty
October 13th, 2015, 05:37 PM
Mine is hitting at a good time too ~ we are celebrating 42 years married on the 20th :)

Just the one haha. We got married March 2015. Congrats on 42 years, that's great!!!

Horrorpops
October 13th, 2015, 05:39 PM
I'm holding out hope that I'll be at waist by our anniversary in March. Might be an occasion to wear it down. :hmm: And thank you! I think I've got a bit of bedhead in that picture :lol: but I'm pretty happy with my hair overall. Yours is also very pretty! I've admired it on several threads. :)
How exciting! That is definitely a good goal to aim for - it seems pretty achievable too!:o

That is amazing!! :D Congratulations! I hope you have many more lovely years to come :o

Groovy Granny
October 13th, 2015, 06:08 PM
That is amazing!! :D Congratulations! I hope you have many more lovely years to come :o
Thank you ~ we hope so too! :)

Groovy Granny
October 13th, 2015, 06:10 PM
Just the one haha. We got married March 2015. Congrats on 42 years, that's great!!!
Thank you :)
Even one year is an accomplishment these days...and the fact that you plan to 'celebrate' is even more wonderful!
Congrats and blessings to you and your beloved :blossom:

Groovy Granny
October 14th, 2015, 02:41 PM
I took my October length pic this afternoon ~ hubby said I should not wait to call waist...because I AM THERE (wet stretched or dry)!

So...I am officially calling WAIST
(pic in my album)

I'll trim December 22 on the Winter Solstice....and the first day of each season going forward to maintain it.

Happy growing ladies...it WILL happen.
By Christmas we will have a big celebration :thumbsup:

blue_eyes
October 14th, 2015, 06:17 PM
I took my October length pic this afternoon ~ hubby said I should not wait to call waist...because I AM THERE (wet stretched or dry)!

So...I am officially calling WAIST
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19417&d=1444854630

I'll trim December 22 on the Winter Solstice....and the first day of each season going forward to maintain it.

Happy growing ladies...it WILL happen.
By CHristmas we will have a big celebration :thumbsup:

Congrats!! Your hair looks fantastic! :)

I'm about an inch away from waist, so I should be hitting waist by Christmas if all goes well. :P Wish it was going to be sooner, but 2.5 months compared to the 2 years I've been growing, is nothing!

Groovy Granny
October 14th, 2015, 06:29 PM
Congrats!! Your hair looks fantastic! :)

I'm about an inch away from waist, so I should be hitting waist by Christmas if all goes well. :P Wish it was going to be sooner, but 2.5 months compared to the 2 years I've been growing, is nothing!

You should be good....and may be surprised.
When you look back and see how far you've come in 2-3 years...it is crazy!
I never envisioned this lol

Mimha
October 25th, 2015, 10:42 AM
I WANNA make it !!! :whip: :whip:

Lol, sorry for double posting with the BSL to waist thread, but I'm so close !! It looks like I can have good hope to make it ! :stirpot:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19487&d=1445781275

:knit: :knit: :knit:

Groovy Granny
October 25th, 2015, 09:35 PM
And you will; it looks great :thumbsup:

DanicaBlaBla
October 26th, 2015, 07:45 AM
http://www.dodaj.rs/t/16/AL/4aFSoyRn/img20151025154852.jpg (http://www.dodaj.rs/?16/AL/4aFSoyRn/img20151025154852.jpg)
http://www.dodaj.rs/t/2j/Py/n0t4b62/img20151025154857.jpg (http://www.dodaj.rs/?2j/Py/n0t4b62/img20151025154857.jpg)
Im almost there. This is my wet hair that is why my ends look so thin

Groovy Granny
October 26th, 2015, 01:40 PM
Im almost there. This is my wet hair that is why my ends look so thin

Very close ~ good luck :thumbsup:

Debra83
November 23rd, 2015, 02:01 AM
Hi you guys! Congrats on some of you making it already! WAY TO GO!!! Can't believe how quick the year has gone. Not there myself yet, but past BSL still. Not as obsessed, but still VERY anxious to get to waist and beyond!

Enjoy Christmas, even if we don't make waist, and celebrate harder if you do!!! For sure one of us will have to start a new Waist by Christmas 2016 thread though!

Quit smoking in June, noticed a difference in hair texture! Also quit henna'ing, and decided to let it come as is! Salt and pepper is the order of the day!!!

If I don't make it back by Christmas......have a Merry one!!!! :o

Stray_mind
November 23rd, 2015, 04:56 AM
I was there already, but i am not anymore. I am still somewhere very close and i still have a month of growing left, so i might make it again. :D