PDA

View Full Version : Another "should i grow out my bangs?" thread :)

hikarilu
December 25th, 2014, 02:22 PM
Hello everyone,

I've been wanting for a very long time (like 10 years) to grow out my bangs. I have this big... (i don't know how to say it, when a part of your hair never lays the way you want) on the middle of my fringe and it has been driving me crazy for years. Moreover I think not having it would help me stretch washes and stop using hairspray.
On the other hand : I can't bear the sight of my naked forehead...it's so huuuuge! This is definitely something that makes me feel down when I look at myself at the mirror. I don't need anything that makes my self-esteem go lower than it is actually... :(
This week I finally took a picture of me I bear to look at. But sometimes I bear to look at it for a week and then I change my mind :rolleyes:

So I would like advice from all of you please :) which looks better ? Fringe or no fringe?

Bangs version
http://i58.tinypic.com/24wvpdc.jpg

The "okay" picture :)
http://i59.tinypic.com/2udvpeb.jpg
Another one
http://i58.tinypic.com/xo2j49.jpg

Sorry again for the possibly hazardous english :o And thanks!

wilderwein
December 25th, 2014, 02:26 PM
You look gorgeous with and without bangs! But I prefer you without bangs, bangs drives attention from your beautiful eyes.

Islandgrrl
December 25th, 2014, 02:27 PM
I think you look fantastic without bangs! Go for it! If you hate not having them you can alway cut them again!

Duchess Fuzzy Buns
December 25th, 2014, 03:18 PM
That last picture is really cute. :o Either way you look great, but you certainly don't need bangs. You don't have a huge forehead, I think it looks perfectly normal.

DreamSheep
December 25th, 2014, 03:29 PM
I'm going to say without bangs too. :)

I know what you mean though - I started growing mine out a couple of years ago after always having a fringe to cover my forehead (I have Tourette's, and one of my tics is t frown and scrunch my face - at the time I didn't know what it was and I was very self conscious about my forehead and my eyebrows being seen, and felt weird without them - and almost considering getting them back.
But you are beautiful without bangs, and I think you will find your hair to be much more manageable that way. :)

ETA: also, if you have a cowlick it will probably give your hair more volume at the front when it does grow long which will look A-W-E-S-O-M-E

Halliday
December 25th, 2014, 03:31 PM
You look beautiful with both. I prefer without bangs so we can see your lovely face. I generally don't really recommend/like bangs on anyone.

spidermom
December 25th, 2014, 03:45 PM
I like the bangs.

Scarlet_Heart
December 25th, 2014, 04:24 PM
I'll just leave this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asyzgiXFvCY

wilderwein
December 25th, 2014, 04:36 PM
I'll just leave this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asyzgiXFvCY

Its the second time you made me laugh to tears today about that topic!

Scarlet_Heart
December 25th, 2014, 06:22 PM
Its the second time you made me laugh to tears today about that topic!

I'm sorry you've seen it twice. But if I can save just one person, it will have been worth it. :soapbox:

wilderwein
December 25th, 2014, 06:29 PM
I'm sorry you've seen it twice. But if I can save just one person, it will have been worth it. :soapbox:

I would laugh the same even if I would saw that at every topic! like " oh I know you talk about shampoos BUT DONT YOU EVER CUT BANGS (side note) bye bye, thanks"

momschicklets
December 25th, 2014, 08:29 PM
No bangs....your eyes are stunning and they really command attention when you don't have bangs. So yeah....no bangs! :)

AZDesertRose
December 25th, 2014, 08:39 PM
I think you look adorable either way, really, but as others have said, try growing them out and see how you like it. If you don't like your face without the bangs/fringe, then trim them back in. You do have pretty eyes that get more attention with the bangs/fringe out of the way, as others have mentioned.

I personally hate bangs/fringe on myself, but I have a broad round face and hair that wants to curl when it's that short, so bangs/fringe don't work well on me. Your hair looks straighter than mine, and your face is narrower than mine; it looks to me like you have a fairly oval face, and oval faces can get away with a lot in the way of hairstyles.

hannabiss
December 25th, 2014, 08:51 PM
Personally i think your bangs look really nice and frame your face very nicely. However i think your fore head looks fine. Check out a pic of mine i posted in my hair albume i have a scarey forehead! So i understand wanting to hide a forehead. But i think you have a lovely forehead. (I hide mine because not only is it high but the sides go back like a mans balding pattern) i actually dislike when peoples fore heads look like theyre only an inch above their eyebrows. So in short im always a fan of bang because i like the way they look. But i think if bangs bother you grow them out! your forehead wont be stopping people their tracks any time soon :)

divinedobbie
December 25th, 2014, 10:19 PM
I honestly like no bangs better. :)

LauraLongLocks
December 25th, 2014, 11:28 PM
No bangs. Bangs detract from your eyes. Your forehead is no bigger than mine, and so if you insult your forehead you're insulting mine, and I just won't allow that. Your forehead and mine both look absolutely fine. :) Grow out the bangs.

TaterTot
December 26th, 2014, 06:53 AM
10 years ?? Grow them out! Your subconcious knows best!

hikarilu
December 26th, 2014, 12:24 PM
Thanks so much to all of you ! I love the way you all took the time to answer me honestly. The compliments really made my day (even my week lol) and that's all i needed to boost myself right now. I'm really moved! :o

DreamSheep thanks for sharing your own experience, I don't have any tics but know what being self conscious of those tics is, like since my best friend has them...
I guess going from bangs to no-bangs is also accepting to show a little more of ourselves, and that's not always the easiest thing to do :)

Scarlet_Heart that made me laugh to tears ! thank you ! I think i'm going to share massively this video hehe :p

AZDesertRose I actually always thought my face was really round. I guess it will be easier to cut them if i don't like it than to do the opposite anyways :)

LauraLongLocks sorry for the insult then :p

I guess we almost all have parts of our bodies we don't like and we tend to exaggerate our "flaws".
Paying less attention to what people think of my image and more attention to what i WANT won't hurt I guess.
So I think I need to pick the "grow out my bangs" option. hehe :p

Thanks again !!! :o