PDA

View Full Version : Your Length in in/cm at Body Markers

Arete
December 24th, 2014, 08:46 PM
So I was wondering what everybody's actual lengths are at the different body markers compared to height (measured from the front hairline). For example, I'm 5'8" and mine are:
APL: 23"
BSL: 28"
Waist: 31"
Hip: 34"
BCL: 38"
TBL: 41.5"
Classic: 45"

Sorry if there's already a thread on this. I searched and couldn't find one and I'm curious.

SThr
December 24th, 2014, 09:24 PM
I'm 5'5", didn't bother doing anything above BSL.
BSL: 24
Waist: 28
Hip: 35
TBL: 36
BHL: 38
Wrist: 39
Classic: 41
Thumb: 43
Fingertip: 45
Knee: 52
Calf: 58
Ankle: 66
Floor:70

LauraLongLocks
December 24th, 2014, 09:52 PM
Hmm... I'll have to update this when I can get my tape measure and see what the rest of my measurements are.

Waist - 30"
Hip - 31.5"

The shorter lengths I wasn't measuring yet, and the longer lengths, I can't remember what they are. It will be another year before I get to even think about reaching my next marker (BCL).

ETA:

Okay, here are my measurements from BSL to knee, in centimeters:

BSL - 66
WL - 77
Hip - 82
BCL - 93
TBL - 103
CL - 113
FTL - 122
Knee - 150

Knee is my goal, 150 centimeters is only one inch shy of a full 5 feet of hair, so I'll probably go for 152.5 centimeters, since that will be 60 inches. Right now I'm between hip and BCL, at about 85-86 centimeters, depending on who is doing the measuring, haha.

Annalouise
December 25th, 2014, 04:35 PM
I gotta say this is something that irritates me a bit is when people put "waist" instead of the actual inches on their hair length.
Because if you are 4"9 or 6"1 it makes a huge difference!
I want to know how long people's hair ACTUALLY is. That's why I get irritated when people list their length as "waist"
instead of the actual measurement.

Sorry to gripe.
I'm 5"9.5 and waist is about 33-34" on me. (33.5" to be exact):)

wilderwein
December 25th, 2014, 04:45 PM
I am 5'8" (I think) and at waist I believe it was 30-31" (my waist seems higher from the back view and lower at the front side =S..?) last time I measured my hair was 32"

Arete
December 25th, 2014, 04:48 PM
I gotta say this is something that irritates me a bit is when people put "waist" instead of the actual inches on their hair length.
I want to know how long people's hair ACTUALLY is. That's why I get irritated when people list their length as "waist"

Sorry to gripe.

I remember seeing one of those "long hair is so awful and her family has finally convinced her to chop it" things where they give them a style that clearly requires use of heat and lots of styling for it to look good... Well, anyways, they kept saying how absolutely long her hair was at 3 feet and they've never seen hair that long before, however, she was 4'8. I'm not saying her hair wasn't long, it was mid-thigh on her, but in reality many people have hair longer than that in inches but it hits somewhere in the Hip-classic range depending on their height (probably TBL on most folks). In absolute measurement the show people had probably seen several people with hair longer than hers, but relatively it was the longest.

Aurum
December 25th, 2014, 04:52 PM

Sorry to gripe.

See, I'm the opposite. I'd rather know where your hair reaches on you, proportionately, because a number is just a number. It doesn't tell whether you're MBL 30 or hip 30, you're just 30. Does that make any sense? I suppose a better system would allow us to put both pieces of information. I already have one in my signature and the other in my info bar.

Scarlet_Heart
December 25th, 2014, 06:27 PM
I'm 5'10". My hair is currently 32" and I need about 2 more to get solidly to hip.

So hip: 34"

I guess I'm high-waisted for my height! Looking at what others have posted, that is.