PDA

View Full Version : Sex hair

rosalinda
December 21st, 2014, 05:49 AM
shudder:So you have a dry spell.. you're growing your hair and it's all glossy and nice and you braid it at night and bun it during the day and only let it down when you're inside away from the wind and tangles are truly a thing of the past.

Then you meet a boy and the next thing you know he's putting his hands through your hair and you can hear the tiny little snap snap snaps of hairs breaking and by the time you're done rolling around doing whatever it is you do, your hair is a big horrible matted mess, even when it's been in braids. You say be careful but basically you don't want to sound like a total hair obsessed vain weirdo (even if that's precisely what you are) and you don't want him to be scared to touch you ever again.

What do you do - seriously? My hair is so fine and even once i've finally detangled it it still feels a bit fuzzy and rubbish compared to before. I did have a satin pillow once but I found it too slippery and non-breathable for sleeping on - does it prevent sex hair? Are there any ways of wearing it which are extra protective? Any products?

Thanks in advance and sorry if there's already a thread about this, I couldn't find it.

wilderwein
December 21st, 2014, 05:53 AM
I feel you.... Sometimes it's like I've shed the half of my hair becouse of the hair grabing-pulling, BUT IF YOU PULL THEIR HAIR THEY HAVE THE FACE OF "I'M GONNA GET BALD DONT DO THAT" >_<

Freija
December 21st, 2014, 06:48 AM
Oh, yes. Especially when you've spent half the day on your hair and you've just got it looking perfect, so you go sashaying round the house showing off and feeling all sexy and awesome. Then your partner notices... aand then you look like you wandered through a hedge backwards and you have to wet it and condition it all over again just to get the tangles out. Or maybe that's just me...

Best I've found is just to bun it, and explain to your partner that, at risk of sounding like a total vain hair obsessed weirdo, could he please please please be gentle with it/not run his fingers through it because a) it tangles and hurts and b) it breaks it and it takes ages to grow. Putting on a 'coney serum or leave-in beforehand can really help, too (if you're okay with using 'cones), because it'll give the hair slip before it has a chance to tangle tightly. If not, then mineral oil also works pretty well.

This thread is really reminding me of living in halls at uni, though. One of my flatmates came knocking on my door at seven in the morning, upset and desperate for a comb and some decent conditioner because her boyfriend had been building a nest in her hair or something... it was fine, silky, waist-length and blonde, and he'd managed to get golf-ball-sized tangled clumps near her scalp in at least two places. It took half the morning to sort out.

Melika
December 21st, 2014, 07:00 AM
Best I've found is just to bun it, and explain to your partner that, at risk of sounding like a total vain hair obsessed weirdo, could he please please please be gentle with it/not run his fingers through it because a) it tangles and hurts and b) it breaks it and it takes ages to grow. Putting on a 'coney serum or leave-in beforehand can really help, too (if you're okay with using 'cones), because it'll give the hair slip before it has a chance to tangle tightly. If not, then mineral oil also works pretty well.

Right. I find it is best to train him. Reward good behavior and all that.

Actually, I just decide to be on top if my hair is down and I braid it otherwise. My husband simply learned over time that if he wants to run his hands through my fine hair, it has to be done a certain way, or else it tangles like mad (and his hands get stuck in it).

He chimed in to say: "You normally don't spend half a day taking care of your hair- but when you do, in those cases you're just like, "No."" XD

Halliday
December 21st, 2014, 07:01 AM
Lol, I just keep my hair down. I'm not sacrificing a good time for my hair to be honest.

CarpeDM
December 21st, 2014, 07:10 AM
My SO appreciates my long hair so I've taught him to treat my hair like you would treat the hair of a unicorn - approach with caution and be gentle :)

Madora
December 21st, 2014, 07:36 AM
aand then you look like you wandered through a hedge backwards .

Freija, that is a marvelous description! It made me laugh. Thank you!

Robot Ninja
December 21st, 2014, 08:36 AM
You will just have to train him to accept you for the totally vain hair-obsessed weirdo that you are. It might be fun. :eyebrows:

In my experience, men are willing to accommodate all manner of little quirks in the interest of getting some.

Halliday
December 21st, 2014, 08:52 AM
In my experience, men are willing to accommodate all manner of little quirks in the interest of getting some.

Indeed, very true!

pearlsandpinups
December 21st, 2014, 09:06 AM
I think the best thing to do is just talk to him about being gentle with your hair when you guys aren't "right in the moment" or anything, hehe. :) If he cares about you he'll realize how much you care about your hair and be willing to accommodate and be gentle with it!

My husband knows how much I love my hair and when he grabs it/pulls it during "those times" he's careful with it and when he runs his hands through it he's always gentle!

truepeacenik
December 21st, 2014, 09:15 AM
I found accommodating a bit each way works best.
Now, I like hair play, so YMMV.

I ask that pulls and tugs have at least an inch in width. Less that that leads to breaking.
I demonstrate the minimum.

I play with their hair the way I want mine handled. (Again, I like long haired partners, so YMMV)
I ask how they like their hair played with, and open a conversation.

I use cones if needed. Slip is your friend, and an extra wash is better than a two hour rescue session, which has to be done away from the coconspiritor cause.

Long hair play sessions can be scheduled on request, either partner.

Maybe don't use missionary? On top is less friction.

And lastly, develop a good post bed head look.

lapushka
December 21st, 2014, 09:24 AM
Just state your hair is off limits. ;) Totally off limits. ;)

moontree
December 21st, 2014, 11:56 AM
OMG. I am so glad this thread exists. Seriously, I used to think it was sweet when so-and-so would scritch my scalp but now I can hear the snap-snap-snaps... Stupid fragile hair.

And while I *like* sex hair and pulling and such, the last time when I was fixing it, it felt like fistfulls of loose strands were coming out >_< Even with braids.

DreamSheep
December 21st, 2014, 11:59 AM
My boyfriend is not much of a hairtoucher (he likes looking with it but doesn't really play with it... wish he did more though!), but he does sometimes accidentally roll on top of it.
Usually I just use a scrunchie or manuevre my hair very quickly in a direction not occupied by people. However, I definitely feel that most damage to my ends probably come from having dear bf over, as I am a bit less wary of where I stick my hair when I go to sleep, but then having him around makes up for that

FireFromWithin
December 21st, 2014, 12:09 PM
Great thread.

I had my first ever one night stand the other day (absolutely amazing way to shake off the blues about breakup) and he looked at me oddly when I made time to brush and braid my hair from the mess that it had gotten in at the club (seriously, long ponytails are a bad idea in nightclubs with drinks at waist height!). It seems this is not a normal thing to do. If I ever went to a guy's house I'd have to take a brush with me in my bag or make sure my hair is bunned when I go out, which I should probably do anyway, lol.

I've also realised that another inch and I'll need to bun it or the braid will get in the way too much, even now I keep sleeping on it and I've no wish for my hair to end up getting caught mid trist. When I get a new guy now I'll already have long hair, if he can't deal with it then clearly he's not the guy for me!

I do love having my hair played with but it's relaxing and not at all sexual so I think I'll just leave the two separate.

LauraLongLocks
December 21st, 2014, 12:13 PM
If he likes your hair, he'll be more than willing to accommodate your requests if you explain it to him when you aren't in the moment. If he's a man worth keeping, he will want to make you happy. Most people in general have no idea how fragile hair is and how many of us need to treat it like antique lace to get it to great lengths. Men who like long hair on a woman are not exempt from this general ignorance. Just explain how much or how little hair play you want. I can't imagine him not wanting to make sure you are happy.

Personally, if my hair isn't already up when the fun begins, I always take a minute to put it up, and my husband totally understands.

rosalinda
December 21st, 2014, 12:15 PM
Thanks for all the feedback, please keep it coming *ahem*

Thing is, it's not just getting him to understand, it's the matting from basic friction as well as explicit hair pulling. Clumps of matted hair coming out in the shower.

Good idea about different positions though. I love the thing about the unicorn but i'm not sure he'd go for it, lol.

How about some kind of sex bonnet? The least sexy idea ever? Probably..

pearlsandpinups
December 21st, 2014, 12:18 PM
Thanks for all the feedback, please keep it coming *ahem*

Thing is, it's not just getting him to understand, it's the matting from basic friction as well as explicit hair pulling. Clumps of matted hair coming out in the shower.

Good idea about different positions though. I love the thing about the unicorn but i'm not sure he'd go for it, lol.

How about some kind of sex bonnet? The least sexy idea ever? Probably..

I'm not sure what to do about matting from the friction other than maybe some kind of updo or something? My hair doesn't mat easily so I'm not sure how to help there. As far as hair pulling goes, my husband pulls my hair but he always makes sure that he grabs ALL of it, not small pieces or anything like that, and he's very gentle with it, that keeps my hair from getting matted or damaged at all from that particular activity. Of course, my hair isn't crazy fragile or anything.

Sarahlabyrinth
December 21st, 2014, 12:32 PM
Our special times are generally in the morning and - I just keep my sleeping cap on. My SO doesn't mind in the least and it keeps us both (and my hair) happy.

blue_eyes
December 21st, 2014, 12:39 PM
Lol, I just keep my hair down. I'm not sacrificing a good time for my hair to be honest.

I'm with you! I actually like the way my sex hair looks :P all voluminous and messy.

KittyBird
December 21st, 2014, 12:44 PM
Never had that problem. I trained DBF to keep his hands out of my hair right at the beginning of the relationship, mainly by squealing and going "ow ow ow!" every time he tried to run his hands through my hair. I'm extremely tender headed, so just the slightest pull hurts like crazy. He does pet it when I wear it down, but he's very careful. He loves my hair :o

Nadine <3
December 21st, 2014, 01:00 PM
Just explain to him he needs to be more gentle with it. Maybe make sure you're head is rested on a silk pillow case if you're on bottom, or take a minute or two to whip it up into a french braid or English braid...

I'm not much help, my hair doesn't tangle to badly during sex and for the most part I'm to distracted to care lol

sarahthegemini
December 21st, 2014, 02:02 PM
Tbh I'd rather just enjoy the sex and worry about my hair after than wear a bonnet of some sort during it :-/ Maybe just bung it up in a high bun if need be? Or just swoosh it out the way and tell your partner not to grab at it too aggressively.

Islandgrrl
December 21st, 2014, 02:50 PM
A sex bonnet? No. Just no.

If I have my go hair down, and this a rare thing, I'm just really careful about where it is. Since it usually gets in the way, and neither DH nor I like getting tangled in it, I'll take a moment and whip it up into a bun and then get back to the fun stuff. Neither of us minds. There's nothing fun or sexy about having knee length hair EVERYWHERE.

Not Lynn Merely
December 21st, 2014, 03:33 PM
A sex bonnet? No. Just no.

If I have my go hair down, and this a rare thing, I'm just really careful about where it is. Since it usually gets in the way, and neither DH nor I like getting tangled in it, I'll take a moment and whip it up into a bun and then get back to the fun stuff. Neither of us minds. There's nothing fun or sexy about having knee length hair EVERYWHERE.

This reminds me of some of the trashier romance novels. They have lines like "I gazed up at him [mid-special times], my hip-length hair like a cloud under my back and around us..." and "Astride him, my long, flaxen hair forms a curtain around us before it puddles on the ground." Wincing, I turn to the back to see that, in her picture, the author has hair just past her ears. :shake:

stachelbeere
December 21st, 2014, 03:39 PM
my boyfriend totally understands my little 'quirks' about my hair and it's alright ;) I also always sleep on satin so it's not a big deal...

also

This reminds me of some of the trashier romance novels. They have lines like "I gazed up at him [mid-special times], my hip-length hair like a cloud under my back and around us..." and "Astride him, my long, flaxen hair forms a curtain around us before it puddles on the ground." Wincing, I turn to the back to see that, in her picture, the author has hair just past her ears. :shake:

*ubercringe*

two_wheels
December 21st, 2014, 03:43 PM
The bonnet sounds like a great idea for those times when you can't really be bothered and wouldn't mind if they decided not to :lol:

Just say ouch when it's not nice. Mostly people stop doing things that their lover isn't enjoying, if they know about it.

meteor
December 21st, 2014, 04:11 PM
The bonnet sounds like a great idea for those times when you can't really be bothered and wouldn't mind if they decided not to :lol:

:lol: Yup, "sex bonnet" sounds like a type of birth control: no sex, no risk of pregnancy! :D

Seriously though, satin/silk pillowcases would really help. And keeping hair in an updo or even a half-up with some coney serum on should help a bit.

wilderwein
December 21st, 2014, 04:13 PM
Thanks for the laugh from the last posts ahahahaha I'll consider it in the future!!!!!

swearnsue
December 21st, 2014, 04:21 PM
If my husband ever had sex with me my hair would fly out of my scalp in surprise! It wouldn't get tangled in 2 seconds of friction! LOL

FireFromWithin
December 21st, 2014, 04:31 PM

If you ever read the merry gentry novels by laurell k Hamilton the guys have floor length hair! Although that one I explain away with the presence of magic, must make hair non-tangly. One of the men in her anita Blake series has knee length hair that he wears down during intimacy and apparently it works like a blanket, I'm sure my hair would never do that, all I end up thinking of it hair in very uncomfortable places! Although in her pic LKH does have long (waist plus I think) curly hair and she does get the curly care mostly right as far as I remember in her writing so I can forgive a little super long hair fantasy. Lol.

Robot Ninja
December 21st, 2014, 04:39 PM

That just makes me giggle because your trashy romance novel heroines sound a bit narcissistic. Who thinks about how silky and pretty their own hair is during sexy-times? If she was going on about her guy's long, silky hair I could write it off as "it's fantasy, it doesn't have to be realistic" but now I'm just thinking maybe the dude isn't all that great after all.

mindwiped
December 21st, 2014, 04:43 PM
If you ever read the merry gentry novels by laurell k Hamilton the guys have floor length hair! Although that one I explain away with the presence of magic, must make hair non-tangly. One of the men in her anita Blake series has knee length hair that he wears down during intimacy and apparently it works like a blanket, I'm sure my hair would never do that, all I end up thinking of it hair in very uncomfortable places! Although in her pic LKH does have long (waist plus I think) curly hair and she does get the curly care mostly right as far as I remember in her writing so I can forgive a little super long hair fantasy. Lol.

Sorry, completely off topic:
The ONLY reason her hair is as long as it is is her DH(Jonathon-hubby #2). He told her he'd cut his if she cut her's, and since she does have the long hair fantasy, she keeps growing her's out. I liked the first few Anita books, but the last few have either been cringe-worthy or flat out unreadable. I regretted checking the last Anita one out of the library, because my tax dollars buy the books, and they but the stuff that gets checked out. Merry never bothered me as much, probably because the sex and hair was in them from the beginning. Now giving the main character's baby the name of the rapist from book one...ugh...even if he wasn't named after the rapist.

CitrusGirrl
December 21st, 2014, 04:59 PM
I'm so glad this thread exists, and it is hilarious! I'm poly and have THREE long haired partners. Hair hair everywhere! Luckily they like my hair and understand when I want to get it out of the way. However mostly I would rather just enjoy myself. That said, the one with the longest hair has started getting advice on here so maybe our days of trying to mess each others hair up the most are over :-P

LauraLongLocks
December 21st, 2014, 06:00 PM

Just say ouch when it's not nice. Mostly people stop doing things that their lover isn't enjoying, if they know about it.

Haha! Nothing deters my husband. He doesn't care if it's under the sleep cap or loose or bunned. Just so long as I'm breathing, he's interested.

Meteor - I'm always at risk of being pregnant, lol! In fact, I need to have an MRI on my knee (and maybe will need surgery on it) but have to wait until I'm due for my period and see if I'm pregnant or not before I go get the MRI done. I'm going to take the prego test on Christmas morning. It can be a Christmas gift, whether it's negative or positive.

Swearnsue - two seconds? You poor thing!

lunalocks
December 21st, 2014, 06:59 PM
For me, it's up and out of the way. Unless I'm in charge. Then I decide where it goes.

yahirwaO.o
December 21st, 2014, 07:17 PM
Hehehehe this thread is so funny!!!!!!!!!! :p

Im a guy... and some people approach me and really have the fantasy of me and my mane as a crazy wild and same time gentle Latin Lover....Im like really??? o.O

Now when my hair is loose I make sure to let people know that they cant touch or grab my hair by no means or else I get psycho crazy about and I dont mind the bad responses.

So when I know Im having sex, I do a french braid tuck or any crazy french braided thing and I put two layers of bandanas. This at the same time makes me feel more dominant and not someones freaky fantasy.

This got me think that I sort make apointmets for sex and I had never realize that heheheh :p

Sharysa
December 21st, 2014, 07:18 PM
I don't even have a boyfriend yet and I'm already worrying about the sex-hair dilemma problem.

Thick coarse waves look awesome when loose, I'm not lying. But according to my alone-time sessions, IT GETS HOT IN THE ENTIRELY WRONG WAY after just a few minutes. When your hair is the sole thing making your entire back sweaty, and also getting damp and sticky and tangled, it's just a mood killer because I'll slowly start thinking arrrrrrrrrgh i need some water and a comb.

I don't mind my hair getting a bit roughed up since it's coarse anyway, but the logistics of comfort are definitely concerning for me. Seriously, I use my hair as an emergency scarf/sweater--I don't want to feel like I'm in a sauna during sex.

I guess I'd just do a Heian-era Japanese ponytail where it's tied very low down to keep the loose-hair appearance, or I'll move my hair out of the way whenever I get too hot.

Puffer Fish
December 21st, 2014, 07:39 PM
As a mostly-asexual person, this problem actually hadn't occurred to me until I saw this thread!
Part of me hopes I never have to deal with this but realistically I probably will. Poor DBF is going to be very annoyed if the next time I agree to sex he gets thwarted by my hair. :lol:

ARG
December 21st, 2014, 09:11 PM
My hair is almost always up, except on wash day. DH adores my hair so much (and is the reason why I started growing it) he's so much more gentle with it than I am.

The times it has been down it has caused quite a few laughs. :whistle:

mz_butterfly
December 21st, 2014, 10:52 PM
You have 3 choices.

1) don't have sex. Hair problem solved.

2) put your hair in a bun and if he tries to run his fingers through it, tell him it hurts and have him stop. (or just tell him it hurts when he messes with your hair, you have a "sensitive" scalp!)

3) put up with it and suffer the consequences.

mz_butterfly
December 21st, 2014, 11:01 PM
I just want to know what this "sex bonnet" would look like. Would it have pictures of firemen? pin up girls? wee willy winkies? bewbs? vibrators? something else? Maybe kitty cats that are saying, "meow, pet me now"?

Adiro
December 21st, 2014, 11:50 PM
Wow, this thread is super funny, but true!
I have this problem each and every time sex happens. I share my bed with my two babies, one still breastfeeds at night. so sex happens in my husbands bed, in another room, and his bedsheets are rough cotton, he does not like satin. No matter what position I choose, my hair suffers.
If I am on the pillow it's tangles, if I am on top there is hair in my mouth and his, and everywhere so.....

On the other hand, being a bit older than some of you, I like that 80s -90s style of hair, when you shake your head and all the hair flies over you and on your back, and stuff that looks wild like that.
So I usually choose to start with a bun, and if it's just some quick session it will stay that way. If things get a bit better, I let my hair come undone at some point midway, to improve on the visuals..... ( and honestly I get a bit turned on by my own hair, when it tickles my back or my nipples or so....) and then I deal with half way tangles, instead of a full session , lol

trolleypup
December 22nd, 2014, 12:06 AM
Find a boyfriend who also has long hair and understands? Silk or modal are also fairly hair safe and much more breathable.

pastina
December 22nd, 2014, 12:08 AM
ive never even thought about this! yet, suddenly, i cant wait to use the line, "one sec, honey, just need to put on the ol' sex bonnet."

eta- im picturing a shower cap. lmao

Freija
December 22nd, 2014, 05:17 AM
eta- im picturing a shower cap. lmao

I'm glad I wasn't the only one. Or (http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/red-dwarf/articles/2167/pics/17).

MINAKO
December 22nd, 2014, 05:41 AM
lol, just no! i hate when guys get all passionate about my hair and attempt to touch it or even pull my sticks out, as it is most likely in a bun in the case anyways. i just say i prefer to keep it out of the way... firmly enough that nobody would give it a second try. can't be bothered with coming across as something i'm not, just to please another person. i am hair obsessed at ALL times. not even my mom is allowed to touch it, there has not been one occasion in the last five years where i just went to bed without fixing it properly before sleeping, even after a night out when im half dead and totally clumsy, if it was down i need to comb it and put in a bun. so no, theres nothing for anybody to play with on my head.

Majorane
December 22nd, 2014, 06:16 AM
I'm glad I wasn't the only one. Or (http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/red-dwarf/articles/2167/pics/17).

Let me tell you, if I found that laying next to me I'd be in the curtains in about, oh, 0,3 seconds after the first glance. That just does NOT float my lifesaving boat.
....okay I confess, I have nothing to add to this thread, I either plop on top with loose hair or keep it bunned/braided during sexytimes and then still have a brillo pad in my nape hairs, but this thread is very entertaining to read. You women are so cheering-upping me :)

Freija
December 22nd, 2014, 06:32 AM
Oh my word.

I can't believe I forgot about this.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=98828

The LHC archives. Always a solution somewhere. : p

Aredhel77
December 22nd, 2014, 06:56 AM
I think you've won the internet for me today, Freija :applause:laugh:

Marbid
December 22nd, 2014, 07:05 AM
Yes. Awesome thread indeed.

Thankfully i am on the lucky side with a hubby who does not touch my hair anyways. Also my hair is always in a bun.. Also............ I um... Did do the sex bonet thing... Its just a sleep cap.. Was not un porpuse it was just the timing... And more than once. Well hubby does not care but i feel un-sexy, so i remind myself to take it off.. Hair comes down all fluffy like and well i just learned to manuver it out of the way..

I do occasionally get pinned down over my own hair... And do sometimes have to hold my hair with one hand to keep it out of eyes and mouth.... But i think the husband finds it sexy that i must swing and hold the hair in place...

Get used to it ladies.. Find ways to deal and become accustomed to it. The husband will follow custom.

wilderwein
December 22nd, 2014, 08:22 AM
I always enjoy how the magazines represents the sex waves as beautiful! Then when i'ts my turn I look on the mirror, I see my hair and I am more like "Cosmopolitan says my hair looks gorgeus :neutral: you have to agree with that! COMPLIMENT MY HAIR" (that goes to the bf)

Anje
December 22nd, 2014, 11:54 AM
I just want to know what this "sex bonnet" would look like. Would it have pictures of firemen? pin up girls? wee willy winkies? bewbs? vibrators? something else? Maybe kitty cats that are saying, "meow, pet me now"?

Now I've got this mental image of a hat that looks like one giant boob. XD

neko_kawaii
December 22nd, 2014, 12:06 PM

I'm sure one of the nursing boob hats for babies coule be made in adult size!

Anje
December 22nd, 2014, 12:09 PM

YES! Exactly like that!

Robot Ninja
December 22nd, 2014, 12:12 PM

I'm pretty sure it exists. Plenty of people possess both a silly sense of humor and crochet skills.

Laurenji
December 22nd, 2014, 12:32 PM
My problem is - I like it when Dh rubs his hands on my scalp or his hands through my hair, or pulls on it - but for everything else, having hair down is SO annoying! I usually put it in a braid, since buns are uncomfortable to lay on. It's kind of a hard trade off, but I'd rather have my hair in a braid than get all over everything. Once time I left my hair in a Fakkare during sexytimes, and oh man, did that mat like nobody's business! Definitely not doing that again.

DreamSheep
December 22nd, 2014, 04:02 PM
Boob hats!!
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--jBNnPatl--/18k2d3i9vooaojpg.jpg

Hehehe :)
I had a friend who had a boob mug and other crocheted goodies...

Sharysa
December 22nd, 2014, 06:41 PM
Oh my word.

I can't believe I forgot about this.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=98828

The LHC archives. Always a solution somewhere. : p

PROBLEM SOLVED. I can't find the rofl smiley, so here's GLITTER! :magic:

But to treat this idea seriously: Whenever I get a boyfriend, the idea of lube in my hair would be like the whole hair-chalking thing--annoying when it happens, and I can't fathom why someone would do that on purpose.

Heavy Raindrops
December 22nd, 2014, 07:01 PM
Oh this thread is absolutely hilarious haha. Love it. :p

truepeacenik
December 22nd, 2014, 08:21 PM

I've totally done the latter, at classic to mid thigh. It's one reason I don't always have it back. The look on someone's face when they are inside the hair tent.

truepeacenik
December 22nd, 2014, 08:32 PM
Find a boyfriend who also has long hair and understands? Silk or modal are also fairly hair safe and much more breathable.
And this. Damn, our men are smart here.

A longhair with a taste for long hair is even better.

Ennapic
December 22nd, 2014, 08:51 PM
I can honestly say this has never been an issue.

tokugawa.miyako
December 22nd, 2014, 09:29 PM
I try to always have my hair in a bun or braid for sexy times. Not so much because I'm worried about damage but just because it gets in the way otherwise. Hair in my face is really distracting and kind of kills the mood for me. I have had some partners who have found long braids sexy though, so that works out well for everyone. :)

moontree
December 22nd, 2014, 09:47 PM
Seriously how do people get their hair to stay in a bun or a braid? :confused: Magic? Then again a partner of mine once joked that all it took was looking at my funny for my hair to crawl out of containment and start making tentacles at things. Nonetheless, no matter how secure I think it is, whatever style its in is 100% done for after any degree of sexytimes. It's sort of amusing but their hairs catch on things and get yanked out.

gossamer
December 22nd, 2014, 10:50 PM

All I would need is yarn in various skin colors... :lol:

Merlin
December 23rd, 2014, 01:36 AM
Haha! Nothing deters my husband. He doesn't care if it's under the sleep cap or loose or bunned. Just so long as I'm breathing, he's interested.

Off Topic... I do talks to groups about bats. As some of you may know bats in the UK mate in the autumn and the female holds the sperm live in her body during hibernation and releases it in the spring (which is pretty clever). Bats will continue to mate for as long into the autumn as they can and male bats have been seen mating with female bats which have actually gone into hibernation....I can pretty much guarantee to get laughs with that one in an audience with a lot of women in it :-)

Halliday
December 23rd, 2014, 01:51 AM
Merlin, that's hilarious!

Undomiel
December 23rd, 2014, 01:52 AM

Hair is part of the fun (not being TMI here lol just makes me feel feminine and sexy when it's down). If I'm laying down I just flip it over the pillows. Detangle after with my tangle teezer (which is much better than my comb for some reason, so I recommend that OP if you do choose to leave your hair down).

Angels+Eyeliner
December 23rd, 2014, 02:03 AM
OP, if you can't sleep on a silk/satin pillowcase but still have one, why not designate it a play-time pillow? Then your hair doesn't suffer and when you're done, knock the pillow off the bed and sleep as usual.

To be honest, I've been having similar issues with my SO. Except he plays with my hair all the time. Literally, I have woken up to find him playing with my hair: still asleep! I usually braid it and pop on a sleeping cap for good measure. And the 'sensitive scalp' thing for when he's awake. He used to really tug my hair during sex and pull out crazy handfuls.

mz_butterfly
December 23rd, 2014, 03:44 AM
Yep....they have an adult bewb hat on Etsy.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/163859615/custom-made-adult-boob-hat-boobie-hat?ref=sc_1&plkey=1e9c3645aea085812463a678d55b3990c725d5b4%3A1 63859615&ga_search_query=boob+cap&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery

neko_kawaii
December 23rd, 2014, 10:13 AM
I wondered for a moment why I was getting ads for KY, then I remembered you guys.

LauraLongLocks
December 23rd, 2014, 03:40 PM
Off Topic... I do talks to groups about bats. As some of you may know bats in the UK mate in the autumn and the female holds the sperm live in her body during hibernation and releases it in the spring (which is pretty clever). Bats will continue to mate for as long into the autumn as they can and male bats have been seen mating with female bats which have actually gone into hibernation....I can pretty much guarantee to get laughs with that one in an audience with a lot of women in it :-)

I guess my husband could be related to bats then, lol. The only time he's not interested is if he is truly very ill.

Achlys
December 23rd, 2014, 04:09 PM
I make it clear that I'm a hair-obsessed weirdo and not ashamed of it at all. ;) All pulling and running fingers through my hair is strictly forbidden. It would just make me very uncomfortable. But my hair is always up anyway. When I intend to lie down, I braid it.

Nimia
December 23rd, 2014, 04:28 PM
You never know, your boyfriend might enjoy being told he could only look at, never touch, your hair. The lure of the forbidden, and all that.

No solution here for the hair matting, other than exploring the, er... "rich array" of other positions.

This all makes me wonder if the invention of satin sheets came from a woman frustrated with post-sex hair snarls. :)

calmyogi
December 23rd, 2014, 08:12 PM
I ended up getting a ton of sit ends I one weekend. Haha, I feel your pain.

calmyogi
December 23rd, 2014, 08:14 PM
In seriousness though, I would think your hair is something about you he might be attracted to, and in that case he might not mind being more gentle to maintain it.

Baby_doll
December 23rd, 2014, 10:57 PM
My sex life gets kinda rough. So hair pulling happens a LOT. I like having my hair down during sex, what he does so it doesnt cause pain and just feels like a light tug is he wraps all of it around his hand. So he takes all of it and wraps it around the palm of his hand a time or two then when he pulls it doesn't hurt because the pulling isn't focused on one small section, or when I wear a braid he can pull on that. Personally I don't have a problem with my boyfriend enjoying my hair during sex. Hope this helped

Zebra Fish
December 24th, 2014, 03:05 AM
You make him slowly learn that you are hair obsessed :p At first he might lough and tease you for some stuff, but then you wake one day and he is very concerned and asks you: "Are you ok? You didn't do any kind of hair treatment in over a month? What is going on? You are not going to cut your hair, are you?" And you actually just changed your routine :o And then he starts caring and massaging/scratching your scalp very gently so he doesn't snap a strand.

If my hair is loose, I just throw it over the pillow. If I'm up, I very quickly bun it (if it already isn't). And if it is in a braid, well, it just stays that way. At first he would comment something, but that was really the last thing on his mind, so would quickly pass over it. Dunno exactly how, but in time we both got quite careful not to mess my hair. It is not that we are focused on it, it just is xD Both for keeping my hair nice and because we learned that loose hair gets kind of a pain and in the eyes and mouth and everywhere you don't want it. And no problems with tangles and mess here.

vivianne
December 24th, 2014, 03:21 AM
Baby Doll that's similar to us :D My husband treats my hair like his prescioussss (hehe, a litte exagerated, he just likes it very much and treat it soft) normally. When we find each other in bed it can get rough! I am not focussed on my hair during this time, but we both like it when he pulls (just a little) the whole mane or my braids! :)
And he thinks for sure i am a totally obsessed hair weirdo... If you could see his eyes rolling when he stands in front of my ficcare, flexi and gt "wall" (i store them on a shelf at the wall)
But anyway he loves my, the weirdo that i am - and we both take care of my hair, when we have sex :D
Maybe we learned to take care together over the years. That was the recepie that works for us best!

kitcatsmeow
December 24th, 2014, 04:51 AM
Right. I find it is best to train him. Reward good behavior and all that.

Actually, I just decide to be on top if my hair is down and I braid it otherwise. My husband simply learned over time that if he wants to run his hands through my fine hair, it has to be done a certain way, or else it tangles like mad (and his hands get stuck in it).

He chimed in to say: "You normally don't spend half a day taking care of your hair- but when you do, in those cases you're just like, "No."" XD

this totally made me LOL. Luckily I haven't had the problem so I can leave it down and it's been fine thus far!

CitrusGirrl
December 24th, 2014, 05:03 AM
This thread is such an education! I have three partners with between chin and TBL hair. The chin length one is easy going about my hair and would do whatever I asked. The shoulder length haired one gets annoyed when hair gets everywhere but also doesn't ever tie his back so it is down to me to stop us tangling together. Due to certain stuff we do together though I'm thinkingtaking a silk pillow case to his might be the only answer! TBL loves pulling my hair and I love pulling his. We both end up with hair in a complete state after sex, but this might change since he got me to post on here asking for advice for him. He has started talking about sleeping caps :O if I end up with a partner in a sex bonnet, I'm blaming you guys!

MINAKO
December 24th, 2014, 06:14 AM
am i the only one who feels really challenged to actually rock the sex bonnet? lol

RachelRose
December 24th, 2014, 08:00 AM
You could turn it into a weird hair touching f****h thing lol ? "Punish" him it he messes it up :blushing: lol

MINAKO
December 24th, 2014, 09:03 AM
hahaha i wonder how this goes in a latex version with boots and whip and spiky collar... all that stuff, hilarious.
well, there must be couples who cosplay even in bed, lots of room for ideas

moontree
December 24th, 2014, 09:06 AM
If you really want some incredible examples of sex bonnets, check out vintage Victorian pornography. I ran across it while researching for a story I was writing involving Victorian fashion, and it was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw that brought up here hehe... they never/rarely took their socks or hats off for sex. And they had some truly epic silly bonnets going on.

Robot Ninja
December 24th, 2014, 09:10 AM
hahaha i wonder how this goes in a latex version with boots and whip and spiky collar... all that stuff, hilarious.
well, there must be couples who cosplay even in bed, lots of room for ideas

You could always do a dominatrix-style high ponytail to go with the outfit. It's not really protective but it does keep your hair off your neck, and prevents the nape tangles. Plus it looks really cool and bad***.

MINAKO
December 24th, 2014, 09:17 AM
Lol, i might try all of these plus getting myself and authentic geisha wig.
the high ponytail is something i like to go out, to keep people away from me, nobody wants to get smacked in the face by buttlength III hair, maybe it works in intimate situations too. one strong hit at the beginning and they know where they stand, ahaha.

Halliday
December 24th, 2014, 09:55 AM
I don't have a bf at the moment, but the last one would have completely freaked out at a sex bonnet! Makes me really wanna try it actually ;) Not sure if college boys would appreciate it :P

ReneeG
December 24th, 2014, 01:55 PM
As said before, if I plan on keeping it down, I'm on top. If I'm not planning on doing that, a hasty braid works to keep the majority safe for the main event. As far as running fingers through, a loose braid allows them to run their fingers through the roots but allowing them to pull their hands out without the rest getting tangled.

veryhairyfairy
December 25th, 2014, 08:21 AM
I think I've said this elsewhere, but I make one exception for gentle hair treatment: sexytimes. I love that my SO incorporates my hair into our sex lives, and I would feel like I was missing out if I tried to set limits or anything like that.
ETA: The longer it gets, the more fun it is, too! My braids have been becoming more and more like sex toys in terms of how they're used, I wouldn't trade it for anything!

It must always be braided, though, because I'm grossed out by the idea of a lock being dragged along into one of my... areas... :shudder:

And maybe I've just gotten really good at subconsciously moving my head a certain way, but I don't get the tangles I used to get when I first started seeing my SO, so that's almost a non-issue after three years with the same partner.

MINAKO
December 25th, 2014, 09:09 AM
It must always be braided, though, because I'm grossed out by the idea of a lock being dragged along into one of my... areas... :shudder:

And maybe I've just gotten really good at subconsciously moving my head a certain way, but I don't get the tangles I used to get when I first started seeing my SO, so that's almost a non-issue after three years with the same partner.

i was kind of grossed out when my hair started getting caught in my butt when taking a shower, or the front when i sit down in the tub to wash it. but really, its my own body so how bad can it be. it gets washed anyways... and if im close enough to a person to have sex with them their body/body fluids wouldnt be an issue either. its really the tangling for me why i keep it up, maybe not terrible but enough to have me regret it otherwise.

Halliday
December 25th, 2014, 09:13 AM
i'm usually on the bottom. hair ends up sweaty, hot and tangly. ew.

rosalinda
December 27th, 2014, 05:39 PM
I'm especially enjoying the last 2 pages of this thread so far, you have some pretty kinky solutions/uses for your hair!

Satin pillow used just in those instances might be okay. I reckon you could work a bondage type theme into a bonnet but depends what you're into...

wilderwein
December 27th, 2014, 05:55 PM
i was kind of grossed out when my hair started getting caught in my butt when taking a shower, or the front when i sit down in the tub to wash it. but really, its my own body so how bad can it be. it gets washed anyways... and if im close enough to a person to have sex with them their body/body fluids wouldnt be an issue either. its really the tangling for me why i keep it up, maybe not terrible but enough to have me regret it otherwise.

sorry for saying that but I have too (after I also read the "lubricate as a hair serum" I need too)
MORE MOISTURE FOR HAIR =D

jacqueline101
December 27th, 2014, 06:00 PM
My man likes my sleep cap or hair bag. I'm lucky so far to not have hair caught in my body parts. Who knows those fluids might help grow it.

MINAKO
December 27th, 2014, 09:43 PM
sorry for saying that but I have too (after I also read the "lubricate as a hair serum" I need too)
MORE MOISTURE FOR HAIR =D

yikes hahaha, next up on pinterest DIY, the bukkake treatment.

MsPharaohMoan
December 27th, 2014, 10:36 PM

:spitting: oh my goodness -dies-

wilderwein
December 28th, 2014, 04:35 AM

I am laughing the last 5 minutes to that! So who is gonna volunteer, -for the science of the hair of course-???

StellaKatherine
December 28th, 2014, 05:18 AM
It was funny to read through :D To be honest I do not have this problems :) My husband isn't interested in my hair at all. He rarely ever touches it even though I honestly wouldn't mind ;) My hair is almost always braided and stays that way very well no matter what I do or is done to me :D

Taenarian
December 28th, 2014, 06:48 AM

Oh my, I thought I stopped laughing and I'm still laughing! And bukkake is not Japanese for "green tea ice cream", as I once attempted to coax an innocent into ordering dessert.

rosalinda
December 28th, 2014, 07:58 AM
*googles bukkake*

..oh dear

CitrusGirrl
December 28th, 2014, 08:35 AM
Never Google bukkake! :tmi:

Robot Ninja
December 28th, 2014, 09:38 AM

Well, I've heard there's protein in it, but that may just have been from guys who want to get away with making a mess.

M.McDonough
December 28th, 2014, 10:08 AM
Yeah that's crazy

Wildcat Diva
December 28th, 2014, 11:13 AM

I'm "abstaining"! Ha hahahahahaha!

CitrusGirrl
December 28th, 2014, 04:20 PM
Let's not mention the staining :lol:

Kendrix
December 30th, 2014, 08:00 PM
I HATE hair pulling lol. Doesn't hurt my scalp or hair as long as the bulk of my hair is grabbed in one go, but I have neck problems! I make that pretty clear the first time it happens: that touches and pulls should be gentle. I always braid my hair in a loose braid before getting busy if I can, because of this one moment: the moment when hever kisses me and I lower to the pillows with my head back... only to find I am LAYING on my hair and cannot put my chin back down! It's so painful on my neck.

curlylocks85
May 9th, 2015, 10:58 PM
Torrin Page has a hair taping video that may be helpful.

HintOfMint
May 9th, 2015, 11:34 PM

:rolling::spitting::applause
Best thing I've read all evening!

The tangles I've had, and waking up on wash day with a boy's bathroom that has some head and shoulders and no conditioner... :doh:shudder:

Tangentially related but I do wonder what it is like living with someone. Hair and skin takes work, and not all of it is pretty. Oh god, the coconut oil soaks...

Mehry
May 10th, 2015, 12:19 AM
Hubs and I have a standing arrangement -- he gets the tangles in; he gets the tangles out. This usually means him carefully detangling my hair for a good 10-20 minutes (usually in the morning), and is a win-win because he LOVES my hair and is much gentler with it than I am. I still always have it braided, though.

Ciridae
May 10th, 2015, 01:13 AM
My DH has learned to do a loose English braid to keep my hair out of the way. It has become a sort of foreplay thing for us. :P I know where things are heading when he pulls out my hair stick and starts braiding it...

FireFromWithin
May 10th, 2015, 02:51 AM
Apparently I guy I slept with months ago thought I brushed and braided my hair to look like a disney princess instead of to keep him from eating/ lying on it. Disney princess is definitely not the look I go for when trying to be sexy!

LeMimi13
May 10th, 2015, 05:56 AM
Omg to this topic ahah... Well.. My boyfeiend seems to want me to wear it down, but its a mess!

Betazed
May 10th, 2015, 06:09 AM
My DH has learned to do a loose English braid to keep my hair out of the way. It has become a sort of foreplay thing for us. :P I know where things are heading when he pulls out my hair stick and starts braiding it...

And I thought I was the only one! He actually braids quicker and better than I do but this seems to be the only time he'll do it. Once in awhile he'll french braid it instead of just a regular english braid. Thank god for men who were raised with hair obsessed moms and sisters! :p

cat11
May 10th, 2015, 07:39 AM
oh... if its getting messy im not doing it, end of story, total turn off. I cant have fun if im thinkig about my hair tangling

if im at my place, the silk pillow case makes me worry free. keep buggering him to get one. At his house, its a pineapple bun...

Dixie_Amazon
May 10th, 2015, 08:05 AM
Mine prefers it braided. See also hair tugging post. :grnbiggri

truepeacenik
May 10th, 2015, 08:26 AM
if im at my place, the silk pillow case makes me worry free. keep buggering him to get one.
Oh my!
But that would work. :)

I haven't discovered a great solution.
I tried flame head (thanks mr silver swirl, for the name). Nope.
Braids and buns turn to giant squid.
Loose is an octopus that Doms us both.

So, one partner has discovered the "value" of me pinning myself.
You know what? I'm completely good with detangling later.
:eyebrow:

EdG
May 10th, 2015, 08:39 AM
I tried flame head (thanks mr silver swirl, for the name). Nope.Wow, you remembered my post from a year ago. I had to search for it. ;)

For other readers, my former girlfriend nicknamed my habit of draping my hair over the edge of the bed as "flamehead". She considered it unattractive. :rolleyes:
Ed

Taenarian
May 10th, 2015, 09:33 AM
If I leave my hair down when I'm in an open car my hair tangles mercilessly. When I'm having similar thrills with my hair down ... elsewhere ... my hair tangles mercilessly. One is okay and the other is not, go figure?

cat11
May 10th, 2015, 10:54 AM
Oh my!
But that would work. :)

I haven't discovered a great solution.
I tried flame head (thanks mr silver swirl, for the name). Nope.
Braids and buns turn to giant squid.
Loose is an octopus that Doms us both.

So, one partner has discovered the "value" of me pinning myself.
You know what? I'm completely good with detangling later.
:eyebrow:

http://heyjessgray.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/touch.jpg
pretty much me

BrendaLoan
May 10th, 2015, 11:40 AM

I saw this too late! http://smiley.nowdararpour.ir/other1/62.gif

j88
May 10th, 2015, 11:40 AM
shudder:So you have a dry spell.. you're growing your hair and it's all glossy and nice and you braid it at night and bun it during the day and only let it down when you're inside away from the wind and tangles are truly a thing of the past.

Then you meet a boy and the next thing you know he's putting his hands through your hair and you can hear the tiny little snap snap snaps of hairs breaking and by the time you're done rolling around doing whatever it is you do, your hair is a big horrible matted mess, even when it's been in braids. You say be careful but basically you don't want to sound like a total hair obsessed vain weirdo (even if that's precisely what you are) and you don't want him to be scared to touch you ever again.

What do you do - seriously? My hair is so fine and even once i've finally detangled it it still feels a bit fuzzy and rubbish compared to before. I did have a satin pillow once but I found it too slippery and non-breathable for sleeping on - does it prevent sex hair? Are there any ways of wearing it which are extra protective? Any products?

Thanks in advance and sorry if there's already a thread about this, I couldn't find it.

This made me laught! :D I totally agree! My hair is like a hay ball afterwards. And my hair is all over the bed (broken off) :( But I'v realised that I don't want the hair to be more important than letting go and have a good time with my hubby. It's not worth it. I don't want to be Bree Vandekamp :D

Sharysa
May 10th, 2015, 12:06 PM
Apparently I guy I slept with months ago thought I brushed and braided my hair to look like a disney princess instead of to keep him from eating/ lying on it. Disney princess is definitely not the look I go for when trying to be sexy!

I don't know, you could totally spin that into channeling Queen Elsa of sexy heels and skin-tight dresses. :D

*ReiKa*
May 10th, 2015, 12:43 PM
I've tried MANY, MANY times to make my boyfriend understand that I don't like my hair being pulled and mistreated (he will often pull my hairstick or claw out with energy, snapping hairs) but he just doesn't get it, and when I try to explain he thinks that I'm a freak.... so other than explaining it I don't have many solutions left, I just put up with it.

Breanna
May 10th, 2015, 01:53 PM
I think I'm very lucky....my boyfriend knows about all my weird hair obsessions and is quite understanding (though I know he gets a little frustrated sometimes) and usually he actually likes watching me braid my hair before things get started. But sometimes, since I am a very good and merciful girlfriend, I like to wear it down sometimes to indulge him (but usually I'll be in the "on top" position to save my hair from being rubbed around on the sheets....is that tmi?)

mindwiped
May 10th, 2015, 02:22 PM
:rolling::spitting::applause
Best thing I've read all evening!

The tangles I've had, and waking up on wash day with a boy's bathroom that has some head and shoulders and no conditioner... :doh:shudder:

Tangentially related but I do wonder what it is like living with someone. Hair and skin takes work, and not all of it is pretty. Oh god, the coconut oil soaks...

If he's the right guy, he'll either tolerate it, get interested in it, or just go play somewhere by himself. DH asked why I was liberally coating my hair in olive oil (over the kitchen sink, didn't want to drip, or take the oil to our upstairs bathroom, and then forget to put it back) I explained that it helps the curl, super hydrates, and lets me stretch time between hair trims (my hair guy is amazing, not cheap, and we're a bit stretched financially right now-but he's wonderful enough I'm unwilling to risk letting somebody untrusted to butcher it for the sake of my wallet). He shrugged, 20 mins later, he asked another question, where I mentioned that I could have tossed an egg in with the olive oil and shrugged again. but even he noticed how well behaved it was and how nice the curls were acting afterwards.

gwenalyn
May 10th, 2015, 04:10 PM

I used to wonder this, too, but I started living with my SO recently and, actually, it's perfectly fine! I see him popping his pimples, he sees me with greasy coconut oil hair. I see his beard trimmings, he sees my shed hairs. I see him apply ointment to his toe fungus, he sees me drool at night. It turns out it truly doesn't matter.

lapushka
May 10th, 2015, 05:05 PM
I've tried MANY, MANY times to make my boyfriend understand that I don't like my hair being pulled and mistreated (he will often pull my hairstick or claw out with energy, snapping hairs) but he just doesn't get it, and when I try to explain he thinks that I'm a freak.... so other than explaining it I don't have many solutions left, I just put up with it.

Better make him understand, because that's just not on! I feel for you, I really do. If it's something you're uncomfortable with he should understand. I'd try explaining it to him *one last time*. :)

surruh
May 10th, 2015, 06:59 PM
My girlfriend and I BOTH have nearly waist length hair... A lot to get in the way, haha. Usually at least one of us will have it up or braided. Despite that my hair still gets messy and probably causes some damage. But I try not to worry about it too much, I feel like your hair shouldn't get in the way of life

KwaveT
May 10th, 2015, 08:20 PM
There is a topic on this but it is quite old. I remember it because the mods combined like three threads on this topic in one. You can read the old one by clicking here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=9510).

LauraLongLocks
May 10th, 2015, 09:13 PM
My curiosity got the best of me. I had to Google bukkake. People are actually into that? Why??? No, please, don't answer that. Just let me try to purge the words I read in the Urban Dictionary out of my mental imagery as quickly as possible.

The last few months since I joined this thread, I have given more thought to my hair during sex than ever before. I've decided that the most important thing during sex is not my hair. If I have to detangle it for 30 minutes afterwards, so be it.

Sarahlabyrinth
May 10th, 2015, 09:47 PM
Ugh. I so wish I hadn't looked that up...

HintOfMint
May 10th, 2015, 10:03 PM
My curiosity got the best of me. I had to Google bukkake. People are actually into that? Why??? No, please, don't answer that. Just let me try to purge the words I read in the Urban Dictionary out of my mental imagery as quickly as possible.

The last few months since I joined this thread, I have given more thought to my hair during sex than ever before. I've decided that the most important thing during sex is not my hair. If I have to detangle it for 30 minutes afterwards, so be it.

You're welcome.

Signed,
The Dark Side of LHC :luke:

*ReiKa*
May 11th, 2015, 06:38 AM
Better make him understand, because that's just not on! I feel for you, I really do. If it's something you're uncomfortable with he should understand. I'd try explaining it to him *one last time*. :)

It does make me uncomfortable, but from HIS point of view, it's me the one exaggerating.
See, people that don't look after their hair like WE do here think that a couple of hair snapped during brushing or finger combing or hair handling in general is no big deal. I often watch my colleagues at work brushing their hair or finger-combing it during breaks, when they encounter stiff tangles and knots they just rip through them without batting a single eyelash.

We're living together in the same house for 5 years, and he's been tolerating everything I do to my hair (including egg packs, which is hard to!!), yet the simplest thing he has to do, being more gentle when he wants to let my hair down, seems the hardest for him to do and understand....

Anje
May 11th, 2015, 08:44 AM
It does make me uncomfortable, but from HIS point of view, it's me the one exaggerating.
See, people that don't look after their hair like WE do here think that a couple of hair snapped during brushing or finger combing or hair handling in general is no big deal. I often watch my colleagues at work brushing their hair or finger-combing it during breaks, when they encounter stiff tangles and knots they just rip through them without batting a single eyelash.

We're living together in the same house for 5 years, and he's been tolerating everything I do to my hair (including egg packs, which is hard to!!), yet the simplest thing he has to do, being more gentle when he wants to let my hair down, seems the hardest for him to do and understand....
Tell him it hurts (in a bad way) and you want him to knock it off. And if he doesn't, stop things and fuss. This isn't about your hair, it's about him not respecting your wishes and your body autonomy. That's a big deal.

Zebra Fish
May 11th, 2015, 03:38 PM
I think I'm very lucky....my boyfriend knows about all my weird hair obsessions and is quite understanding (though I know he gets a little frustrated sometimes) and usually he actually likes watching me braid my hair before things get started. But sometimes, since I am a very good and merciful girlfriend, I like to wear it down sometimes to indulge him (but usually I'll be in the "on top" position to save my hair from being rubbed around on the sheets....is that tmi?)

Haha, same here :) It did take a while, but now sometimes when I'm just too sleepy and think of tossing my hair over the pillow (coz what can happen in one night), he goes: Braid?!? And then I braid xD Once he got to the point that he likes me more with longer hair, he cares almost same as me :) He trims, henna's, does the henna poop mix, and whenever I have a "hair idea", however benign it is, he makes me go through three rounds of are you sure (and 15 days) before I do it :crush:

So, you can train them :demon:

cat11
May 11th, 2015, 04:38 PM
Tell him it hurts (in a bad way) and you want him to knock it off. And if he doesn't, stop things and fuss. This isn't about your hair, it's about him not respecting your wishes and your body autonomy. That's a big deal.

Agreed. You shouldnt have to "deal with" anything like that

truepeacenik
May 11th, 2015, 08:26 PM
Wow, you remembered my post from a year ago. I had to search for it. ;)

For other readers, my former girlfriend nicknamed my habit of draping my hair over the edge of the bed as "flamehead". She considered it unattractive. :rolleyes:
Ed

I have a good imagination. She was aesthetically challenged.

truepeacenik
May 11th, 2015, 08:29 PM
I used to wonder this, too, but I started living with my SO recently and, actually, it's perfectly fine! I see him popping his pimples, he sees me with greasy coconut oil hair. I see his beard trimmings, he sees my shed hairs. I see him apply ointment to his toe fungus, he sees me drool at night. It turns out it truly doesn't matter.

Truth!
But an attempt at wiping away trimmings is nice.

My girlfriend and I BOTH have nearly waist length hair... A lot to get in the way, haha. Usually at least one of us will have it up or braided. Despite that my hair still gets messy and probably causes some damage. But I try not to worry about it too much, I feel like your hair shouldn't get in the way of life

*aaccck.....whose hair is this?*

Or is that just me and mine?

EdG
May 11th, 2015, 08:49 PM
I have a good imagination. She was aesthetically challenged.Note to self: I probably shouldn't mention my nicknames for her. ;)

I can't believe that I am posting on this thread, and that I have turned a gender-related hair stereotype about *** completely around. :bigeyes:
Ed

LauraLongLocks
May 11th, 2015, 09:49 PM
You're welcome.

Signed,
The Dark Side of LHC :luke:

Thanks, my brain is seared for life now.

trolleypup
May 11th, 2015, 11:01 PM
*aaccck.....whose hair is this?*

Or is that just me and mine?
Mmmyup. Both on top of each others (and your own hair)..."I think we might as well just stay in bed today."