PDA

View Full Version : I took the plunge!

Scelesta
December 20th, 2014, 01:19 PM
I have not cut my hair at all(not even trims) in an entire year, and every time i looked in the mirror i HATED how my hair looked..today i realized why as i was playing around with it. Bangs. I needed bangs to balance out the weird lengths of my hair, and to try to force my hair into looking decent.

So without any thought except a few minuets of careful brushing and planning how short i was gonna take said bangs, how thick i wanted them etc i did it. I didnt realize it would be so nerve wracking to cut off a few inches of hair lol

But the result was so worth it first pic(Red shirt) is before, and the second one is the after: I think i NEED bangs to make my face not look so weird: (oh and my hair was laying flat in the first pic thanks to a TON of coconut oil lol, second pic is pretty much my normal every day hair texture)

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m314/Dana_Everett/121715234_zpsc0faabb8.png (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/Dana_Everett/media/121715234_zpsc0faabb8.png.html)

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m314/Dana_Everett/haircut_zps18bbc5fe.png (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/Dana_Everett/media/haircut_zps18bbc5fe.png.html)

chen bao jun
December 20th, 2014, 01:30 PM
Bags do suit you. but you are not ugly without them, either.

Halliday
December 20th, 2014, 01:37 PM
Those bangs look great on you and really frame your face. But you look lovely with or without. :blossom:

Scelesta
December 20th, 2014, 01:39 PM
Bags do suit you. but you are not ugly without them, either.

aw thank you!

I just felt uncomfertable without them like i couldnt do much with my hair without it looking weird, when i put it up in clips i feel naked and like my face looked weird, but with bangs i dont feel so bare if that makes sense

Ambrielle
December 20th, 2014, 01:57 PM
they look lovely and make your eyes pop beautifully :)

peachyleshy
December 20th, 2014, 01:59 PM
I think the bangs look lovely on you! I think it does balance out the shape and length of your hair. And the bangs really emphasize your eyes!

Sarahlabyrinth
December 20th, 2014, 02:00 PM
Your bangs do look lovely and show off your eyes beautifully!

georgia_peach
December 20th, 2014, 02:03 PM
they look lovely and make your eyes pop beautifully :) THIS. Your eyes are amazing. You look like a gorgeous flapper from the 1920s with those bangs.

lapushka
December 20th, 2014, 03:03 PM
With or without bangs looks equally fine, to me at least. Look out for more impulsive cutting moments in the future, as you might come to regret those. ;)

spidermom
December 20th, 2014, 03:18 PM
Good call on the bangs! I like bangs because they give me something to change up and style. I can make them disappear with braiding, straight with the flat iron, leave them wavy, etc.

Enjoy!

CurlyGrace
December 20th, 2014, 03:19 PM
Looks gorgeous! Bangs really do suit your face shape :) I love your hair color too

Duchess Fuzzy Buns
December 20th, 2014, 05:04 PM
Good job on the bangs! You look great. I glad you like them too. :xmas: I've been contemplating getting bangs the last few days, but I think I'll wait a couple weeks before I do it.

browneyedsusan
December 20th, 2014, 05:18 PM
Nah! You're a cute girl with and without bangs. (I didn't trim for a long while, either. Had to pin up the front to keep from frightening small children! lol! )

Nice shine, and it looks darling!

arr
December 20th, 2014, 05:35 PM
Congratulations on your bangs! I think you look great. I'm a bangs lover myself; I wonder if I will ever grow them out because I love the versatility they add, especially when the rest of the hair is pulled back. For the record, though, you don't have a weird face and I think you looked really pretty in the before picture too.

evelynmosby
December 20th, 2014, 05:57 PM
I never would have thought that bangs would make one look more sophisticated, but there you have it :)

AmberJewel
December 20th, 2014, 06:49 PM
The bangs look So. Darn. CUTE! on you!

MeowScat
December 20th, 2014, 07:14 PM
Nailed it.

woodswanderer
December 20th, 2014, 07:37 PM
I think the bangs look wonderful on you, and I don't usually prefer bangs. Wow!

hannabiss
December 20th, 2014, 09:49 PM
Love the bangs. Im another bang sister. Need them and love them. Like spidermom says theyre fun to play with some times i have side swept or a full and heavy or none without having to cut. Just style. (Well obviously trims)

texangrrl
December 20th, 2014, 09:53 PM
You look great either way, but the bangs do add emphasis to your eyes. Very lovely!!

Scelesta
December 20th, 2014, 10:22 PM
Thank you all :) you guys made me smile! I was questioning the bangs after hubby got home from work and saw them and said he hated them. But pssh i'm not gonna listen to him, he doesnt like any drastic changes so he'll adjust.

I forgot how high matnience bangs are with curly hair...i washed my hair tonight, and had to carefully comb them and am now having to let them dry before i can go to bed because I have what can only be called stubborn hair that INSISTS on parting right down the middle(and this includes my bangs which can lead to some seriously biazzare hair days) unless i am super attentive and take measures to prevent it lol

Kaelbu
December 21st, 2014, 12:01 AM
Husbands can be weird about hair, lol. I think the bangs with your hair texture look really pretty! I'm somebody that looks better without bangs, so I'm a little jealous of how great they look on you!

mz_butterfly
December 21st, 2014, 12:17 AM
It's weird how a little change can make a huge difference. You look happier too. :) You also remind me of Drew Barrymore.

How's the babe coming along? When I see your name I always think of your "package" ;)

Johannah
December 21st, 2014, 04:16 AM
Bangs suit you! Gorgeous!

Scelesta
December 21st, 2014, 02:27 PM
It's weird how a little change can make a huge difference. You look happier too. :) You also remind me of Drew Barrymore.

How's the babe coming along? When I see your name I always think of your "package" ;)

Yes it is weird, but an awesome weird :)

If you mean by babe the little one growing in me its going so awesome, its a little girl, already have her name picked out! Finally at that stage where the annoying symptoms go away and i feel great.

Its doing weird things to my hair though, i was warned dying your hair while pregnant can lead to weird results i was unaware that meant henna to :( I henna my hair every month with the same brand i always use, my root growth though instead of turning a vibrant orange as it always does turned a dark burgendy a few shades lighter then the last few inches of my hair which are darker thanks to me dying it black then coloroopsing and it went to a dark brown which i threw henna over anyways to even it out. (I love it, but wasnt expecting it at all) and the texture of my hair seems to be changing, either cause of hormones or i'm taking better care of it i dunno but its less frizzy and curls easier. :)

summergreen
December 21st, 2014, 02:46 PM
They look really good on you!

You look like a gorgeous flapper from the 1920s with those bangs.
Definitely :)

LauraLongLocks
December 24th, 2014, 11:56 PM
Beautiful either way!

nakima
December 27th, 2014, 06:30 PM
I think your bangs fit you well and they really do make your eyes pop! what a beautiful blue. You are very pretty either way tho :) I guess it's what ever makes us happy!

aspartame gram
December 28th, 2014, 04:24 PM
The bangs really suit your face! It was a nice update and it was so simple, too!