PDA

View Full Version : 5-year LHC anniversary!

sibiryachka
December 19th, 2014, 06:10 PM
Wow, so it really was 5 years ago today that I stumbled across the LHC while poking around online for tips & tricks for the new henna user I was. I actually gave up the henna at the beginning of this year when I turned 50, and am enjoying my silvers very much.
At the time, I'd been stuck at BSL for years, not realizing the damage I was doing with box dyes and attempts at highlighting. Now I'm solidly at waist, still striving for "good" hip length; I was juuuuust at hip about 3 months ago, but so unhappy with the wispy ends that I trimmed a couple of inches to thicken them up. If I'd known a massive seasonal shed was just around the corner, I'd probably have skipped the trim, as it's now every bit as wispy again :mad:
One good thing about my LHC education, though, is that I'm not particularly concerned about the shed. Chances are that those hairs will be replaced with shiny new silvers, and as long as my ponytail circumference doesn't decrease, I'm not worried about it.
This past year I haven't been so active on the forums, but it's still "home".
:love:
Here's wishing all my LHC family a joyful holiday season and a New Year full of blessings and dreams come true, and hair goals fulfilled!

gthlvrmx
December 19th, 2014, 06:35 PM
Happy 5 year anniversary!

Amapola
December 19th, 2014, 06:48 PM
Wow, five years! Congratulations! And good for you on embracing your silvers. Bet your hair is gorgeous!

Marbid
December 19th, 2014, 07:24 PM
Happy lhc anyversary! Shame you did not post pictures. I love seing pictures. But happy anyversary and congratulations none the less

embee
December 19th, 2014, 07:41 PM
Happy Anniversary! Yes, silvers are fine You probably have earned every single one! :D

Crumpet
December 19th, 2014, 07:47 PM
Photos? I'd love to see the henna to silver transition. A friend of mine just started that journey and it looks lovely!

Sarahlabyrinth
December 19th, 2014, 07:59 PM
Happy 5th LHC anniversary! So glad you are enjoying the LHC:)

bte
December 20th, 2014, 04:32 AM
Happy fifth! Enjoy the rest of the journey!

Zwaluw
December 20th, 2014, 04:48 AM
Happy anniversary :)

Halliday
December 20th, 2014, 05:42 AM
Happy anniversary! Pics? :blossom:

Yozhik
December 20th, 2014, 06:40 AM
Happy anniversary, dear Sibiryachka! :smooch: :flowers:

Time goes so quickly, doesn't it?
It's wonderful to hear about your hair's progress, and I wish you all the best in the upcoming year!

Remi
December 20th, 2014, 09:22 AM
Happy Anniversary, Sibiryachka. Enjoy each new silver as they glisten in your hair! It's fun to see each new year and the progress the hair has made.

Vanilla
December 20th, 2014, 09:34 AM
Happy hairiversary! Congrats!

jasper
December 20th, 2014, 11:53 AM
Happy 5 year anniversary!

sibiryachka
December 20th, 2014, 12:36 PM
I do have a new profile pic that gives an idea of the silvery progress :)

lapushka
December 20th, 2014, 01:00 PM
Congrats on your hairiversairy!

EdG
December 20th, 2014, 02:34 PM
Congratulations on five years!
Ed

TrapperCreekD
December 20th, 2014, 02:43 PM
Happy anniversary! Pics? :blossom:

Seconding on both counts! :)

BrightEyes
December 20th, 2014, 04:17 PM
Congrats on 5 years! I'd love to see pics too :)

sibiryachka
December 21st, 2014, 01:13 PM
I'm a bit embarrassed that I didn't have any pix to post in this thread, so I had hubby take a length shot for me this morning. Bow down before my awesome too-large pajamas :) See what I mean about those pesky wispy ends?! I'd have to take off at least another 3 inches to thicken them up to a degree that would please me, but yeah, that won't be happening. I wear it down so seldom that I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who's really aware of it. Nice sleepy braid waves, too
http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af334/polyglot26/length.jpg (http://s1021.photobucket.com/user/polyglot26/media/length.jpg.html)

And as long as I'm doing photos... This is from a friend's wedding in July of this year. First time I've seen a b&w photo of myself since I gave up the henna, and zowie, those silvers REALLY show in b&w! Thank goodness I like them...
http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af334/polyglot26/silvers.jpg (http://s1021.photobucket.com/user/polyglot26/media/silvers.jpg.html)

Tussi
December 21st, 2014, 01:54 PM
Happy anniversary sibiryachka!
Thanks for posting the pictures, they are, along with your story, inspirational. (And remember, pajamas are supposed to be too-large, aren't they?)

Marbid
December 22nd, 2014, 07:37 AM
Awesome hair! I really like the black and white picture. Very classic streaks of grey and you look really happy. It is a very pretty pucture indeed!