PDA

View Full Version : Engaged and hair plans!

Crumpet
December 19th, 2014, 11:23 AM
I just got engaged last night (yeah!) and I feel compelled to spread the word because its so exciting.

The other thing is that I've had a very long term hair plan for growing out layers and whatnot. Now I'm wondering about possibilities for wedding hair and how to get my hair its happiest before my wedding. I'm thinking of enlisting the George Michael salon for a visit/trim/advice soonish and then have them do my hair for the wedding itself.

I'd love to hear any other stories about planning out hair growth and picking hair styles from other long hairs with weddings in mind. Obviously the hair is more important to me than the dress! :D

slynr
December 19th, 2014, 11:26 AM
Congratulations Crumpet!!!!! How exciting:)

pearlsandpinups
December 19th, 2014, 11:36 AM
Congratulations!!!! :D

emilynella
December 19th, 2014, 11:38 AM
congratulations getting engaged was also one of my reasons for letting my hair grow out.

CaranDulin
December 19th, 2014, 11:40 AM
Aww, congratulations! That sounds like a great idea.

Quasiquixotic
December 19th, 2014, 12:51 PM
:cheer: Contrats!!

Vanilla
December 19th, 2014, 01:04 PM
Congrats! The GM salon experience is awesome! Definitely a place every long hair should try to get to at least once :)

Halliday
December 19th, 2014, 01:10 PM
Congratulations! :happydance:

I think you should DEFINITELY go to the GM salon, I've heard so many people raving about it and after all, it IS your wedding ;)

Sarahlabyrinth
December 19th, 2014, 02:17 PM
Wow, Congratulations! I will be getting married next year as well, and as far as hair is concerned, the longer the better! Still deciding on a style though....

Crumpet
December 19th, 2014, 03:41 PM
Thanks everyone! Its really exciting and also still so new that it hasn't fully sunk in yet.

Also, thanks for giving me permission to go to the GM salon. I've been wanting to go for *ages* but it just seemed so expensive. Now I have a great reason to go!

Sarahlabyrinth: congratulations! Are you doing anything special for your hair or just going for length?

Sarahlabyrinth
December 19th, 2014, 03:58 PM
For my wedding day? Just want as much length as I can but still want it to look healthy. I don't yet know if I will wear it in an updo or loose.

lapushka
December 19th, 2014, 04:32 PM
Congratulations to all getting hitched! :D

Sarahlabyrinth
December 19th, 2014, 05:39 PM
Congratulations to all getting hitched! :D

Thanks! :)

embee
December 19th, 2014, 07:47 PM
Congratulations! I'm sure GM salon would be a fabulous thing for a wedding prep. Wow. :)

Crumpet
December 19th, 2014, 07:49 PM
Thanks Lapushka! I'm still not used to the idea -- scary/exciting/wonderful.

Okay, GM salon it is for some sort of hair advice and prep. Goodness knows what I'll do on the day. But I want it long and healthy for sure!

Islandgrrl
December 19th, 2014, 10:56 PM
Congratulations, Crumpet!

I have no advice for wedding hair. Mine got rained (poured) on and I looked like a drowned little mouse! I think the GM salon thing sounds pretty awesome, though!

DKSABS
December 19th, 2014, 11:05 PM
Congratulations!!! How exciting!

memeow
December 19th, 2014, 11:28 PM
Congratulations!!

Undomiel
December 19th, 2014, 11:55 PM
Wow, Congratulations! I will be getting married next year as well, and as far as hair is concerned, the longer the better! Still deciding on a style though....

Same here ^_^. Congrats Sarahlabyrinth!

Congrats OP! :D

Sarahlabyrinth
December 19th, 2014, 11:58 PM
Same here ^_^. Congrats Sarahlabyrinth!

Congrats OP! :D

Thanks Manwathiel, congrats to you too:)

maria_asa
December 20th, 2014, 12:30 AM
Congratulations to all of you!

I got married this spring and my hair was a really important part for me. My initial plan was to go to a stylist on the big day but I never found one who was willing to do my hair (it was too long, too thin and the fact that I didn't want any back-coming made them think it was absolutely impossible for them) so I ended up doing it myself. I still kind of wish that I had found a stylist but on the other hand it was quite nice to be able to just stay home in peace on the wedding day morning and not have to stress to fit in a stylist appointment as well. Here's a picture of my hair on the big day:
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o33/maria_asa/328_zpsdfaa42f6.jpg (http://s116.photobucket.com/user/maria_asa/media/328_zpsdfaa42f6.jpg.html)
I wish I had a better one but the photographer (my father in law) doesn't really share my hair interest and found it strange enough that I wanted a picture of the back of my head. :p

bonbon58
December 20th, 2014, 10:48 AM
congrats OP! i got engaged recently as well. i'll be stalking this thread for ideas :D

amanda_the_tall
December 20th, 2014, 11:03 AM
Congrats! I just got engaged 3 weeks ago as well, so I'm on the hunt for hairstyles as well but I have short hair right now (shoulder length). Good luck with the planning and all, it's quite overwhelming and we've just now started. Haha

hypersensitive
December 20th, 2014, 12:38 PM
Maria_Asa, that's a very pretty style. I'm engaged as well but I haven't put much thought into my wedding hairstyle. To me, my hair is my most fabulous accessory so I might just wear it down with curls to highlight my dress instead. I don't really know!

bonbon58
December 20th, 2014, 05:20 PM
Maria_Asa, that's a very pretty style. I'm engaged as well but I haven't put much thought into my wedding hairstyle. To me, my hair is my most fabulous accessory so I might just wear it down with curls to highlight my dress instead. I don't really know!

Omg your hair is stunning! I hope mine will be as long as yours when it comes to my wedding. I'm leaning towards letting it down too

LauraLongLocks
December 21st, 2014, 01:08 AM
Congratulations, Crumpet!

Halliday
December 21st, 2014, 02:11 AM
Maria asa, that style is gorgeous!!

maria_asa
December 21st, 2014, 03:48 AM
Thank you hypersensitive and Halliday. I was originally planning on wearing my hair down with curls as well but ended up with a dress where I didn't want to cover the back. In case anyone is interested this is the pinterest board (http://www.pinterest.com/mariaextra/h%C3%A5r/) I made with hair ideas for my wedding (some styles are for me and some for my brides maid).

embee
December 21st, 2014, 09:51 AM
maria_asa, I looked at your Pinterest board - and I like what you did better than anything I saw there. :) It looks real, and it looks like it would make it all the way through the day. Most of your pinned pics looked to me like they were all over hairspray and gel and would turn all sticky in rain, plus feel like *horrible* straw when you let your hair loose after.

There's something to be said for having soft lovely hair in the evening after your wedding! ;) And who wants to do a wash and clarify that night?

Shebelina
December 21st, 2014, 10:33 AM
Congratulations Crumpet and to everyone else too! I'm in the same boat, I got engaged two months ago but we're putting the wedding off until 2016. I have a dilemma now though, because pre-proposal I had decided to grow out all the dye. If I continue, by the time our wedding comes around I'm going to be very two tone!

Angels+Eyeliner
December 21st, 2014, 11:13 AM
Congratulations to all engaged folk. I'm going to have to jump on this bandwagon as well. I decided to grow my hair because I want a nice bun for my wedding (I'm planning on wearing a jacket with an embroidered collar that I need to show off, and a veil and tiara, so nothing fancy for me.

maria_asa, your hair looks fantastic and I'm flicking through the pinterest board to maybe steal some ideas.

Crumpet
December 24th, 2014, 04:04 PM
Ooh, its so great to have others in the same position that I'm in! Maybe we can keep this thread going and share ideas? It will be more fun doing this with all of you!

Maria_Asa -- I love your bun -- it looks great on you. I think I would have been to scared to do it on my own (both scared of messing it up and scared on the day so I'd have shaking hands!).

I'm also pondering having my hair down or in a half-up or some such. I am lucky to be near a GM salon so I could probably have them do a long hair friendly style for the day if I decide to go that way.

Step 1 for hair improvement pre-wedding: I did a deep treatment last night. It was only for about 10 minutes, but hey, I'm a pretty lazy long hair so that's great for me.

I'm going to make my initial GM appointment after the holidays. I'm excited for that and I'll share any words of wisdom that they give me on this thread.

LauraLongLocks
December 24th, 2014, 06:40 PM
How wonderful that you have a GM salon close by! Have a great time and do keep us posted.

HappyKarin
December 26th, 2014, 12:24 AM
Congratulations to you all!
And specially to Maria_Asa which I have met in real life��

Crumpet
December 28th, 2014, 09:39 AM
I'm booking my George Michael appointment tomorrow for (hopefully) sometime later in the week. I think that Madora suggested morning appointments so that things don't get rushed and I plan to go with that advice if possible.

If any George Michael folks are reading this thread, I'd most appreciate any suggestions for maximizing the visit. I'll chase up some of the old threads on visiting a GM salon on this site. also.