PDA

View Full Version : New Years Chop!! Fresh Start :)

Alien Girl
December 19th, 2014, 02:44 AM
Hi everyone!

Anyone else planning on chopping their hair for the new year??

This year my hair was very nice until around August, when I decided to go to a salon and get some layers. My hair doesn't look good with layers AT ALL :( Then I decided to thin out my hair a bit by myself becaue the layers looked fat and weird. Biiiig mistake!! I overdid it (I should've stopped halfway) and my hair was completely ugly and ruined. I ended up chopping it to nearly my chin around October to try to make the horrible thinned out and uneven layers not so noticeable. Since then my hairs grown to nearly my shoulder, and I've gotten a straight perm to tame the flippy layers. I'm planning on waiting until January to chop it back up to my chin to try to get rid of most of the leftover layers.

Anyways, here's some pics to show where I've been and where I'm at now!

Before I thinned it out. Playing w/ bf's dog. ;) Around August/September.
http://puu.sh/dARSp/fd958cd666.jpg

After chop and japanese permanent straightening. Don't let this pic fool you!! The back is UGLY! :pumpkin: Around the end of November.
http://puu.sh/dAS09/c685f84caf.jpg

Anyways, if you are also planning on a new years chop, let's support each other :D !!!

Sarahlabyrinth
December 19th, 2014, 02:51 AM
Best of luck growing lovely new hair next year! I will be trimming in January and regularly through the year.

Alien Girl
December 19th, 2014, 03:13 AM
Thank you! Best of luck to you too!! Lovely hair length :) !

Alien Girl
December 19th, 2014, 03:24 AM
It wont let me edit my post, but this is the hair cut that I'll be going for either mid or late January!! http://puu.sh/dATwn/246ca8c601.jpg

Agnieszka
December 19th, 2014, 04:10 AM
I used to love this ^^ haircut, just watch them carefully and make sure they won't layer the back.

Halliday
December 19th, 2014, 06:36 AM
That haircut is so neat! I love it. I won't be chopping in the New Year, since I seem to have developed a massive haircut phobia :/ my ends don't seem to thin so until they do, no I won't be chopping. I can't even bear the idea of trimming tbh.

lapushka
December 19th, 2014, 07:21 AM
That haircut is so neat! I love it. I won't be chopping in the New Year, since I seem to have developed a massive haircut phobia :/ my ends don't seem to thin so until they do, no I won't be chopping. I can't even bear the idea of trimming tbh.

You can't compare dead-straight hair to wavy, almost curly hair anyway. ;)

jupiterinleo
December 19th, 2014, 08:49 AM
I don't plan on doing another chop anytime soon, but I just wanna say that I LOVE your new cut.

Agnieszka
December 19th, 2014, 01:25 PM

me too!!! I'm so scared of haircut and people chopping too much that I'm going to wait a year and then go to George Michael Long Hair salon in London as there hopefully I will be in safe hands.

Halliday
December 19th, 2014, 01:30 PM

Huh? I wasn't comparing it lol :) She asked if any of us were chopping in the New Year so I said no.

teddygirl
December 19th, 2014, 05:19 PM
I will be, but more for shaping. I want to get a V cut with layers =)

Wildcat Diva
December 19th, 2014, 05:41 PM

Amen, sista.

( in general principle, not reference to Halliday)

GreenFairy
December 19th, 2014, 06:00 PM
I won't get a large chop this coming year. But I plan on getting 1/2" cut the first of every month for the first half of the year. I'm trying to thicken up my hair and grow out layers.

Mainesongbird
December 19th, 2014, 08:42 PM
I just did a pre Christmas chop...Went from solid hip to waist/mblish. Wanted two and a half ended up with 4....oh well at least my ends feel nice.

Nadine <3
December 19th, 2014, 11:08 PM
Nope, one more microtrim for me so I stat the new year with fresh ends and then I'm going to try 2015 as a no trim year! Just S&D once a week to combat splits! Love your new cut though!, It's really cute, looks lovely on you.

yahirwaO.o
December 19th, 2014, 11:21 PM
Copped my hair two times this yeah.... one from hip lenght to mid back... and two monts ago the mid back to arm pit...

In between the big haircuts I trimmed hair myself and Im keepin it at this lenght or a tiny bit longer for the next year as my goal is the super thickest blunt ends.

Now cuttin shorter, layer it or both would be crazy insane ... I still have to be able to braid and bun it because otherwise I would feel bald really!!!! LOL

But hey I support all the big chops and the feeling of having better hair than a damage mess. Your haircut is so nice!!! :o

stachelbeere
December 22nd, 2014, 01:58 PM
I trimmed today to even out my hemline ;) I love how it looks, although I didn't like losing all this hair.
big step, as I took about an inch off :)

best of luck to you!!!

BrightEyes
December 22nd, 2014, 02:31 PM
You'll look great with that haircut :)

No chopping for me. I'm trying to overcome my impulsive tendency to chop. So I will be getting only micro trims this year.

LauraLongLocks
December 22nd, 2014, 07:47 PM
GAHHH!!! :justy:

I want to chop 1-2 inches off, but if I do that I won't be able to do Madora's crown braid anymore and might also have trouble with the helix bun. All this talk of chopping to start the new year fresh is making me crazy.

Self pep-talk: BCL is within my reach next year if I keep to my quarterly trim schedule as planned, and just trim off 5 mm to 1 cm each time. If I fall off the wagon, I won't see BCL. So, no falling off the wagon is allowed!

GoblinTart
December 22nd, 2014, 08:45 PM
I just had a chop from past BSL back to APL. It was needed. Too much damage had accumulated for me to deal with. I'm doing regular trims next year to keep my ends blunt and keep on top of damage. I'll be sacrificing a wee bit of growth, but it'll be worth it to have healthy hair.

nakima
December 27th, 2014, 06:47 PM
I think that cut will fit your face nicely you will look like a cute little pixie :) good luck in the new year!

nakima
December 27th, 2014, 06:53 PM
I plan on trimming about an inch dec 31st and then continue to s&d and micro trim the rest of the year but if it starts looking like it needs a little more taken off then I will do that to. I just want my ends to be as healthy as I can get them. I guess thats my main focus for 2015.

mariechin1234
December 27th, 2014, 06:57 PM
You're hair is lovely. What care routine do you do with your hair?