PDA

View Full Version : looking for mamacat or mamacat-like sticks

joyinc
March 20th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Does mamacat still just sell on ebay?

I wear my mamacat fork almost every day, and I'm thinking sometime this year it would be nice to get something to change it up a bit. The only other seller though that seems similiar is greydog and i dont think i could ever afford those.

where are you all getting your smooth hand carved sticks these days?

Delenn
March 20th, 2008, 10:05 AM
I haven't seen her selling on eBay or posting here at LHC for over a year now. :(

Someone posted a pic of some dymondwood spiral sticks they purchased recently that to me looked identical to mamacats, maybe they'll come forward and post a link.

Delila
March 20th, 2008, 10:08 AM
monkthemonk even makes the ribbon spiral style, but apparently they take a good while, so offerings may be sporadic.

There's another seller who is now on Etsy.com instead, 60thStreet. I have one of their three tine forks, and it's very nice.

Baerreis of course still does great work, but I don't think they work in dymondwood (could be wrong). I've bought from them on Etsy.com as well, but they have stores on either site.

OhioLisa
March 20th, 2008, 10:11 AM
If you're looking for great quality stuff in dymondwood, I would stick to monkthemonk or Jimfo on ebay. If you want more natural woods, Etta Mae or WillowtheWisp on Etsy (they are also members here) is the BEST! ;)

Delenn
March 20th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Ah yes, it was monkthemonk!

Ketylo has dymondwood sticks and I think a fork design, I'm a loyal fan of his.

eadwine
March 20th, 2008, 12:48 PM
60thstreet, without a doubt. And they are reasonably priced too, and wonderful service :)

Cinnamon Hair
March 20th, 2008, 01:02 PM
What, no mention of papadonh (http://search-completed.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=so&sbrftog=1&dfsp=32&from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=ozarktwist&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=42025&sabfmts=1&saobfmts=insif&fis=2&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=32&fsoo=2)? His sticks are my absolute favorite of anyone currently selling. A lot of the ebay auctions end under $20 or you can ask to do a custom order for $30 per pair. I recommend the ribbon twist, as it shows the dymondwood colors best.

joyinc
March 24th, 2008, 04:54 PM
thanks everyone! I'm going to keep an eye out for all of these :D

wendyg
March 24th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Also 60th St on eBay and Etsy has very high quality 2-3-4 prong dymondwood forks. They will also do custom orders if there's a particular color you want.

wg