PDA

View Full Version : Christmas BEARD balls! (?)

hennalonghair
December 17th, 2014, 10:35 AM
Have any of you seen these things? They are Christmas tree - like ornamental balls that men hang from their beard. :whistle:
What do you think of them? OR better question : How would you feel if 'your' man came home wearing these?:hmm:
Be truthful now!:razz:

hennalonghair
December 17th, 2014, 10:40 AM
They are called beard baubles!
Here's a link to check out

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2868265/Forget-Christmas-tree-BEARD-baubles-new-hipster-accessory-December-selling-out.html

Islandgrrl
December 17th, 2014, 11:08 AM
That's kind of awesome! I mean, we women decorate our hair with all manner of hairtoys. Why shouldn't men decorate their hair, too? So what if it's facial hair!

I wouldn't be disappointed if my honey came home with mistletoe in his beard. :eyebrows:

neko_kawaii
December 17th, 2014, 11:13 AM
I think its fantastic!

Stellaaa
December 17th, 2014, 11:15 AM
I think they're excellent and really cool - for anybody else's guy. Me, I don't want my guy upstaging me, and I'm soooo much better at being silly than he is.

hennalonghair
December 17th, 2014, 11:15 AM
Ok I have to be blatantly honest. Yes men have every right to dress up their beards however they wish.
If my man wore this, the cat climbing up his face to play with the ornaments would be the last thing he'd need worry about.

hennalonghair
December 17th, 2014, 11:17 AM
Me, I don't want my guy upstaging me, and I'm soooo much better at being silly than he is.

AND 'this' of course! :thumbsup:

truepeacenik
December 17th, 2014, 12:39 PM
My ex would wax his stache once in a while for giggles. He'd often hang my earrings from the loops.

I wish I'd thought to make something that would stay for him.

two_wheels
December 17th, 2014, 02:31 PM
I think they're excellent and really cool - for anybody else's guy. Me, I don't want my guy upstaging me, and I'm soooo much better at being silly than he is.

Stellaaa, I just realised I never congratulated you on your epic Christmas updo!! Well played :applause:

I see no problem with manbaubles. In fact I think they're rather fun. But then I do like me a hairy-faced man.

lunasea
December 17th, 2014, 03:41 PM
Okay, I can see I'm alone here but the pictures kind of creep me out and I don't know why. Maybe I'd feel different if I saw them in person. And, of course, if DH came home in them I'd still love him.

Stormynights
December 17th, 2014, 04:00 PM
I think for an event it would be fun, but walking around day to day?

PrincessBob
December 17th, 2014, 05:50 PM
I tried to order some for Snuggles' fantastic face-beard, when I first saw them, but thy were sold out. Maybe next year.

Stellaaa
December 17th, 2014, 08:05 PM
Stellaaa, I just realised I never congratulated you on your epic Christmas updo!! Well played :applause:

I see no problem with manbaubles. In fact I think they're rather fun. But then I do like me a hairy-faced man.

Thanks, Two_Wheels, I'm having fun with my Rudolph fork :)

hennalonghair
December 17th, 2014, 08:37 PM
Okay, I can see I'm alone here but the pictures kind of creep me out and I don't know why. Maybe I'd feel different if I saw them in person. And, of course, if DH came home in them I'd still love him.

Well of course you would still love him. I'd still love my guy too but just can't imagine having any type of serious conversation with him wearing them

I think for an event it would be fun, but walking around day to day?
EXACTLY how I feel. For the day it would be a lot of fun! For the 12 days of Christmas?
Not a chance !

I tried to order some for Snuggles' fantastic face-beard, when I first saw them, but thy were sold out. Maybe next year. REALLY? :rollin:

Thanks, Two_Wheels, I'm having fun with my Rudolph fork :)

I wanna see the Rudolph fork.

hanne jensen
December 18th, 2014, 04:51 AM
Why not? I think it looks festive.

Stellaaa
December 18th, 2014, 07:58 AM
Well of course you would still love him. I'd still love my guy too but just can't imagine having any type of serious conversation with him wearing them

EXACTLY how I feel. For the day it would be a lot of fun! For the 12 days of Christmas?
Not a chance !
REALLY? :rollin:

I wanna see the Rudolph fork.

It's my avatar, Hennalonghair.

It started it's life as a Jeter, I've wound the pipe cleaners around it, so no glue, just a temporary decoration.
(pics reposted from Jeterfork thread)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v112/Stellaaa/DD1D74BB-C25C-4B58-B4BA-0A8371D74379_zpsfr5ol2ev.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v112/Stellaaa/28478306-BFEB-4B69-B1C5-D15CC81BA2BF_zpsr7czbtvs.jpg

hennalonghair
December 18th, 2014, 04:45 PM
It's my avatar, Hennalonghair.

It started it's life as a Jeter, I've wound the pipe cleaners around it, so no glue, just a temporary decoration.
(pics reposted from Jeterfork thread)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v112/Stellaaa/DD1D74BB-C25C-4B58-B4BA-0A8371D74379_zpsfr5ol2ev.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v112/Stellaaa/28478306-BFEB-4B69-B1C5-D15CC81BA2BF_zpsr7czbtvs.jpg
:rollin: Oh my! A woman with a sense of humour. :applause:
I LOVE it. Haha. So cute.

Actually its super super adorable.
Women can pull off adorable FAR BETTER than men can.
That's why they love us so much ;)

Hele
December 20th, 2014, 09:01 AM
Rudolph fork! :heartbeat

okay I love the beard baubles...but sadly my guy can't even grow a beard. : / Why can't hipsters be this interesting in my area? My local hipster population would consider themselves too "cool" for this. I especially love the dude with the icicles in his beard!

neko_kawaii
December 20th, 2014, 09:15 AM
I know Hele. I have the perfect mini baubles already and nothing but my own hair or the tree to put them on. Maybe mt long haired cat would indulge me. . . *shudder*

Duchess Fuzzy Buns
December 23rd, 2014, 03:13 PM
Haha, these are silly, but whatever floats your boat. :p I suppose it's no sillier than sticking flowers and bows in my own hair. Except the candy cane ones- I think it looks like someone licked a candy cane and then just stuck it to the beard hair. I'm sure there's actually a clip holding it on, but that's what it makes me think of.