PDA

View Full Version : light layering with a compact cut?

kganihanova
December 16th, 2014, 04:30 PM
Hey y'all. Those of you who compact cut, is it possible to cut some VERY light layers with the compact cut (preferably only in the last 1/4-1/2 inch)? Where would I place the pony?

Yozhik
December 16th, 2014, 04:56 PM
Hi! I know that putting them on the top of your head or close to your forehead produces dramatic layering, so why don't you try far back near your nape?

HTH! :flower:

lapushka
December 16th, 2014, 05:02 PM
I only know how you could layer the canopy. This would be with taking half of your hair (ear to ear) and cutting a bit off. I don't know how to layer just the very ends.

spidermom
December 16th, 2014, 06:23 PM
Put the ponytail on the middle-top of your head and cut very little off the ends - no more than half an inch.

Carolyn
December 16th, 2014, 07:55 PM
I have my ends "point cut". I think that might be the result you are looking for.

kganihanova
December 16th, 2014, 09:40 PM
I usually only go to the hairdresser about 1-2 times a year and honestly I don't trust them to do light layers properly. I always end up with a ton more layering than I wanted, which usually leads me to chop. At the same time I cant really do blunt blunt ends anymore at MBL, it's so Capey at MBL. Not cute. It worked at APL but I'm not there anymore. I think I'll do the Middle of head method than and won't take off too much to avoid really severe layering.