PDA

View Full Version : Champagne rinse for your hair??

molljo
December 16th, 2014, 01:48 PM
Thought this was pretty silly, but I thought I'd share

Champagne Rinse (http://www.townandcountrymag.com/style/beauty-products/news/a2631/why-you-should-rinse-your-hair-with-champagne/?click=_hpTrnsprtr_1&src=spr_TWITTER&spr_id=1454_122941045)

Anje
December 16th, 2014, 01:55 PM
Oh dear. XD

A cup of water with 4 drops of peppermint EO is NOT clarifying! LOL

DreamSheep
December 16th, 2014, 02:40 PM
Champagne hair sounds like a very expensive way of washing your hair :p If there is champagne going, I would probably rather drink it.
Maybe it is a spoof article to see if anyone falls for it?

MsPharaohMoan
December 16th, 2014, 02:46 PM
Oh dear. XD

A cup of water with 4 drops of peppermint EO is NOT clarifying! LOL

Right??? I was like, how could the possibly work!

molljo
December 16th, 2014, 02:53 PM
Champagne hair sounds like a very expensive way of washing your hair :p If there is champagne going, I would probably rather drink it.
Maybe it is a spoof article to see if anyone falls for it?

Town and Country is a "prestige" magazine, with its intended audience being essentially "having more money than sense". I don't doubt for a second that it's real.

Islandgrrl
December 16th, 2014, 02:57 PM
Oh. Well. That's a whole lot of nonsense! :bull::bs::bull:

Madora
December 16th, 2014, 03:01 PM
Flo Ziegfeld, the famous Broadway producer, insisted that his wife, actress Billie Burke (Glinda, Wizard of Oz fame) wash her red gold hair in champagne to bring out the highlights. Don't know whether she did or not. She had gorgeous red hair!

In2wishin
December 16th, 2014, 03:17 PM
What a waste. If there is champagne in the house, it is going in my body, not on my hair!

meteor
December 16th, 2014, 03:46 PM
:spitting:
I think the article said it all, when it mentioned the "I rinsed my hair with champagne" bragging rights" in the first paragraph - that's probably only real purpose of that "rinse".

However, I do wonder if the carbonation in champagne is the reason this idea is even around (I heard of this silly champagne rinse before).
Carbonated water (think club soda) is used as an at-home chelating rinse, so maybe they thought of taking it to the next level? :shrug:

:p If there is champagne going, I would probably rather drink it.

What a waste. If there is champagne in the house, it is going in my body, not on my hair!

Same here! :D If we had an LHC champagne party, it would be a waste to pour it on hair! Most of us would probably drink it! :beerchug: :hooched:

Sarahlabyrinth
December 16th, 2014, 03:54 PM
Sounds like an great way to charge uninformed people a great deal of money for not much......

meteor
December 16th, 2014, 04:00 PM
Sounds like an great way to charge uninformed people a great deal of money for not much......

LOL, exactly! Right up there with all those caviar hair masks, pearl extracts and argan oil infused flat-irons! :rollin:

Sarahlabyrinth
December 16th, 2014, 04:10 PM
LOL, exactly! Right up there with all those caviar hair masks, pearl extracts and argan oil infused flat-irons! :rollin:

You forgot the bull semen conditioning treatment!!!! LOL

stachelbeere
December 16th, 2014, 04:21 PM
here is Stachelbeere's *secret* DIY champagne rinse:
mix one part cheap wine with on part carbonated water to create home made champagne. rinse hair. drink leftover rinse [spit out immediately because it tastes awful]

Close enough, eh? ;)

Hootenanny
December 16th, 2014, 04:24 PM
here is Stachelbeere's *secret* DIY champagne rinse:
mix one part cheap wine with on part carbonated water to create champagne. rinse hair.
Close enough, eh? ;)

Hahahha! If you replace the "rinse hair" part with "guzzle shamelessly," then this is my "secret" Friday night!

DreamSheep
December 16th, 2014, 04:26 PM
:spitting:
I think the article said it all, when it mentioned the "I rinsed my hair with champagne" bragging rights" in the first paragraph - that's probably only real purpose of that "rinse".

However, I do wonder if the carbonation in champagne is the reason this idea is even around (I heard of this silly champagne rinse before).
Carbonated water (think club soda) is used as an at-home chelating rinse, so maybe they thought of taking it to the next level? :shrug:

Same here! :D If we had an LHC champagne party, it would be a waste to pour it on hair! Most of us would probably drink it! :beerchug: :hooched:

Behehe!
That said, some times last year I was given champagne (at a ball... oh dear, the stereotypes!! I swear it is the only ball I've been too and I'm not a ball person, and also a lightweight) and managed to spill some of it down myself. Should've aimed for the hair, clearly!

Beckstar
December 16th, 2014, 04:47 PM
Well, I've never ever had it and I'll be darned if my hair will try it before I do. :)

Sarahlabyrinth
December 16th, 2014, 05:17 PM
I won a bottle once but gave it away because I don't drink. Geez, if I had only known I could have poured it on my hair:)

Nadine <3
December 16th, 2014, 06:09 PM
This was the most ridiculous thing I have ever read ehehe If I'm having champagne I'm drinking it, although I much prefer red wine... I bet you could get a nice red glow with that...lol

Ferngear
December 17th, 2014, 01:02 AM
Actually.... I've have a book of "natural" (used loosely) homemade beauty and one of the recipes is a champagne rinse. I just loaned the book to a friend a few days ago or I'd look it up, but it involves a cup of champagne along with two or three other ingredients (maybe chamomile tea? I don't remember) as a rinse to bring out blonde highlights. I've never tried it because I don't have champagne laying around, but it is a real thing. The book is "Natural Beauty" by Elizabeth TenHouten.

Ferngear
December 17th, 2014, 01:14 AM
...Which isn't to say that I think it works -- I don't know -- just that it's a real thing. It's supposed to bring out the shine in blonde hair or something. Why I don't know. Just that it's not a random post.

Of course the page to OP linked to also calls for a teaspoon of vanilla essential oil in the eggnog thingie. Do they mean vanilla extract? 'Cause actual vanilla essential oil (not in a carrier like jojoba) would not only be EXTREMELY expensive, but a teaspoon is really excessive for any essential oil recipe.

Unofficial_Rose
December 17th, 2014, 01:49 AM
Like Ferngear, I have heard of this before. I agree with those who prefer to rinse their tonsils with it instead. :D

lapushka
December 17th, 2014, 02:15 AM
Well, they say champagne is good for just about everything, so... ;)

Unofficial_Rose
December 17th, 2014, 07:52 AM
Well, they say champagne is good for just about everything, so... ;)

I have always found this to be the case :toast:

Chromis
December 17th, 2014, 08:00 AM
I won a bottle once but gave it away because I don't drink. Geez, if I had only known I could have poured it on my hair:)

I was thinking the same thing! Of course, the trouble is that then I would smell like booze...which is why I also just give away beer even though everyone has heard of beer rinses!

RachelRose
December 26th, 2014, 10:59 AM
Maybe this is my love of champagne or the fact that I'm pregnant and can't have any but I would drink my champagne with orange juice and not pour it on my head lol wasteful for shame lol

vega
December 26th, 2014, 02:30 PM
This makes me thirsty just thinking about it

MINAKO
December 26th, 2014, 02:58 PM
Im at my moms house and i know that she always keeps a bottle of thatstuff in case shes invited somewhere. i doubt it would be any better than molasses dilluted in plain old water tho... ah, people and their approach on being special, smh!

Scarlet_Heart
December 26th, 2014, 07:19 PM
Ohh yea... alcohol on my hair. Genius.

Johannah
December 27th, 2014, 05:54 AM
Going to try this today for sure. :whistle:

MINAKO
December 27th, 2014, 06:19 AM
hahaha, what do you guys think would happen if moet made a haircare line as sephora exclusive?
basically that could be relabled pantene with one drop of champagne in it at ten times the price and some people would still buy it and claim it their holy grail. time to whip out the bedazzled GHD, lol.

meteor
December 27th, 2014, 02:02 PM
hahaha, what do you guys think would happen if moet made a haircare line as sephora exclusive?
basically that could be relabled pantene with one drop of champagne in it at ten times the price and some people would still buy it and claim it their holy grail. time to whip out the bedazzled GHD, lol.

:idea: Don't give them ideas! :lol: That's actually exactly how they make those products with caviar, crushed pearl and other "essences" at the bottom of the ingredients lists: the unicorn powder that explains the price differential! :magic: