PDA

View Full Version : Using hydrogen peroxide and henna together?

henna4life
December 14th, 2014, 07:39 PM
Hi all,

Just wondering, is it possible to use henna together with hydrogen peroxide and still get a stain from henna?

In the past, I did a henna treatment, then hydrogen peroxide over that, and I was quite pleased with it. I lightened my hair a shade and the henna on the few silver hairs I have turned a lovely golden color. I would repeat it but 1) it's time consuming to do two treatments on the hair and 2) henna makes my hair super low porosity until I use the h.p. over it, which messes up my curl pattern. So I thought of trying them together. I did, but may not have gotten dye release from the henna. Either that or the hydrogen peroxide lightened the henna so much that it turned clear. I don't want to waste material trying it again. So wanted to ask if anyone has tried it or has any feedback. TIA.

Chiaroscuro
December 14th, 2014, 08:01 PM
Welcome! You might be better off asking this question on a henna thread because I think more people would see it. Also, did you do a search on hydrogen peroxide and henna? My small amount of advise would be the obvious--TEST, TEST, TEST!
At any rate, good luck, Brave One!

kganihanova
December 14th, 2014, 08:48 PM
Strand test before you do it!!!!

Islandgrrl
December 14th, 2014, 08:53 PM
I think it would be a good idea to test to see if you get dye release and stain with the two together. And then strand test like crazy.

The only issue I can think of is that henna typically stays on your hair for longer than you may want the H2O2 to remain. Remember, the H2O2 is inherently damaging to the hair.