PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried Nioxin before?

bryana
December 14th, 2014, 02:36 PM
Nioxin was suggested to me for thin hair by a friend of mine who works in a salon. Has anyone ever tried it or have an opinion on it?

Syaoransbear
December 15th, 2014, 11:44 PM
I've tried it. It didn't do a thing, haha!

hanne jensen
December 16th, 2014, 06:57 AM
Yes. My follicles were completely clogged and my hair started to thin. I tried Nioxin and was amazed. The first 3 washes I shed handfulls of hair. I really thought I was going bald. These hairs should have been shed a long time ago. After 10 days or so I noticed bristles on my scalp when I massaged. After 3 weeks these bristles became plush. All new hairs that came in.

Using Nioxin is a commitment. I used mine for 6 months. I still "Nioxinize" once a month to maintain the results. The stuff is pricey, but worth every penny. Just remember to clarify once a month as Nioxin contains cones and herbs that can build up. It is very important to use the Stage 3 on a damp scalp as it dissolves cone residue left by the conditioner.

While I used Nioxin I also experienced an increase in my hair growth. This stuff sure does stimulate the follicles.

Agnieszka
December 16th, 2014, 07:10 AM
I'm thinking of buying one actually. I had Nioxin microdermabrasion treatment done at the salon. She had a special camera and took couple of photos of my follicles before the treatment, and took some after the treatment. Before my pores were clogged and this stuff cleaned it very well. Not sure if it has any effect for hair growth. She wanted me to purchase shampoo and conditioner but as the shampoo had cones in it I was hesitant. Maybe I should give it a go.

Saldana
December 17th, 2014, 07:14 PM
Another Nioxin fan here - I haven't used it for a long while, but several years ago, I was having a lot of hair fall (stress related) and used Nioxin for awhile - cleared it right up. I'm a fan.

hanne jensen
December 18th, 2014, 04:44 AM
I'm thinking of buying one actually. I had Nioxin microdermabrasion treatment done at the salon. She had a special camera and took couple of photos of my follicles before the treatment, and took some after the treatment. Before my pores were clogged and this stuff cleaned it very well. Not sure if it has any effect for hair growth. She wanted me to purchase shampoo and conditioner but as the shampoo had cones in it I was hesitant. Maybe I should give it a go.

It's because of the cones that it is very important to use the Step 3 on a damp scalp after hairwash. The Step 3 is a leave-in.