View Full Version : Covering a messy center part

Chiaroscuro
December 14th, 2014, 09:10 AM
This is a hair accessory question that's selfish to ask because few others here probably have my problem. Many years ago, when I decided to lock my hair, I lived in the west where no one could advise me about locking. So I contacted a very kind lady in the east who told me how to do it. She told me I could part the locks in a grid pattern or a random pattern. Since the grid pattern tends to show more scalp, I chose the random pattern. I love it, but unfortunately I did not account for making a nice, clean center part, something a professional would have. So now that I can wear awesome Princess Leia buns, or two looping Sissi pig tails, the beauty of the hairstyles is detracted by a really messy center part. I'm hoping to find, but suspect I will have to make or have made, an accessory to cover the part. My first thought is maybe a 1 1/4" stretch band of seed pearls with baby combs (or velcro--ugh) on each end. Does anyone have any other ideas? Has anyone ever seen an accessory that could be adapted to this use? Does anyone want to make me a homemade gift for Christmas?:D

Beborani
December 14th, 2014, 11:33 AM
Google maang tikka. They are held by a flimsy hook but you can get ideas from there.

Madora
December 14th, 2014, 12:29 PM
This is a hair accessory question that's selfish to ask because few others here probably have my problem. Many years ago, when I decided to lock my hair, I lived in the west where no one could advise me about locking. So I contacted a very kind lady in the east who told me how to do it. She told me I could part the locks in a grid pattern or a random pattern. Since the grid pattern tends to show more scalp, I chose the random pattern. I love it, but unfortunately I did not account for making a nice, clean center part, something a professional would have. So now that I can wear awesome Princess Leia buns, or two looping Sissi pig tails, the beauty of the hairstyles is detracted by a really messy center part. I'm hoping to find, but suspect I will have to make or have made, an accessory to cover the part. My first thought is maybe a 1 1/4" stretch band of seed pearls with baby combs (or velcro--ugh) on each end. Does anyone have any other ideas? Has anyone ever seen an accessory that could be adapted to this use? Does anyone want to make me a homemade gift for Christmas?:D

I'm lost, Chiaroscuro. What is "locking"??? Is your hair locked now? I don't understand the "really messy center part" statement either. Is it possible for you to detangle all your hair and then restyle it...or is it locked. If it is locked, how long has it been that way? Personally, I'd be concerned having hair that hadn't moved over a period of time (follicle stimulation means everything to me)..but its your hair.

Whatever you choose to cover the offending section, be sure to attach it with as friendly implements as you can find. Could you find a fake hair switch to cover the area in question?

Sharysa
December 14th, 2014, 01:33 PM
I think locking might refer to dreadlocks. Unless I'm wrong, it's VERY hard to redo parts when your hair's completely locked.

Chiaroscuro
December 14th, 2014, 06:53 PM
I think locking might refer to dreadlocks. Unless I'm wrong, it's VERY hard to redo parts when your hair's completely locked.

Yes, Sharysa, you have described the situation better than I did. Madora, thanks for trying to help. Thanks, Beborani, I'll try to see if I can do something with the maang tikka.