PDA

View Full Version : I need a new every day hairstyle...

Snow White
September 27th, 2008, 07:35 PM
I'm so tired of wearing a bun!

Hello to everyone who thinks I totally disappeared. Three kids and a traveling husband have taken a toll on my internet usage. :) Hello also to the tons of people I don't know.

Anyway, yesterday I cut about 5 inches off my hair. I've got crazy post partem shedding, my hair was past my bottom, and it's all just driving me batty. So, it's now tailbone length...a little shorter if I let it be down and curly (but who has time for that). I don't have time to mess with it, but I need a grown up every day style that I can do in about 5-10 min.

Speedbump
September 27th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Hey you! :p

I don't know if you consider this "grown up" or not, but I wear mine in a braid most of the time. Just a simple braid. It works really well, it's comfy and it doesn't give me a headache like ficcares and buns do after a while. My hair isn't QUITE as long as yours since you trimmed, but close. The braid tends to be at about bottom of boob length on me, and I can just move it over one shoulder or another if it gets in the way.

Nevermore
September 28th, 2008, 12:01 AM
A pinless braided bun might be good, or a fake crown braid.

AprilElf
September 28th, 2008, 04:15 AM
Ditto what Nevermore said ...
Pinless braid buns are brilliant! So easy. And you can use different braids (regular, rope, 4-strand if you have time?) to get different effects.

But did you mean that you are tired of all buns, Snow White, or just your basic cinnabuns?

LisaJaney
September 28th, 2008, 06:20 AM
Let me see if I can get Harpgal or Wimsey on here to explain to you their braided bun. They showed me and it was way-quick to do, and looked really nice and held ALL DAY for them.

It is WONderful to see you. I haven't forgotten about the if-then chart; I just didn't get the info sent before I left for Europe and now won't be home before Christmas. I'll try to get that info sent when I get home. :smooch: Gosh it's nice to see you again, and I am glad you're up to your armpits in kiddos. That's a good thing, as I recall. *I* sure enjoyed it!

Pierre
September 28th, 2008, 07:14 AM
I third the braids. My usual style is a pair of Dutch braids, which I can let dangle, make into one or two buns, or clip the tip of each to the other's base. They take me longer than ten minutes to do, but I can do them once in about four days. I just did them partway and bunned them together, then I'll sleep with them, then tomorrow morning when the hairs have aligned to the braid, I'll finish the braids.

Snow White
September 28th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Gosh it's nice to see you again, and I am glad you're up to your armpits in kiddos. That's a good thing, as I recall. *I* sure enjoyed it!

Up to my armpit in kids, laundry, diapers, toys...lol Don't worry about the chart :) Although B is already driving his kindergarten teacher batty and she's running out of ideas on what to do with him. Poor lady. But we are working on him.

Anyway...back to hair...thanks for all the ideas. I'll have to give some different things a try. I think mainly I just need to get out of my rut of just pulling it up in a bun.

LisaJaney
September 28th, 2008, 08:46 AM
That's the hard part: getting out of the rut! You'll find something that works, though, I know it! I am glad B is doing well in school, and hopefully the K teacher will have nerves of steel. I kinda think they HAVE to, those K teachers. :)

Patty lou
September 28th, 2008, 09:43 AM
How about 2 braids wrapped in crown braid or Heidi style see album pictures by "Stage coach aka Daddies girl"

I am glad we stopped at 2 little ones and they are both girls.

Another advantage is it reduces the urge for the little ones to want to pull or tug your hair and it is restrained while being a very busy mom.

Patty Lou

harpgal
September 28th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Snow White, here (http://archive.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=71774) is the tutorial of my Pinless Braided bun from the archives. I guess I need to move it over here to the Articles section. I hope it works for you. I use it every day and it really keeps my hair in good condition. The best part is that you only have to comb out your hair once a day, because you can let the braid down for sleeping.