PDA

View Full Version : Winter scalp issues...

pastina
December 12th, 2014, 08:57 AM
So, every year around this time, I start to get sores on my scalp. It's not what you think of when you hear the word dandruff-- i don't have white flakes at all. And honestly, my scalp isn't otherwise dry... I just have some itchiness, and scabs on my scalp. Especially near my nape. Anyone experience this or have any idea how to remedy it? I really want it better this year, especially, since I'm already experiencing a pretty bad shed... Don't need any additional problems! Hahah

arelrios
December 12th, 2014, 09:01 AM
Hi, sorry you are going through this... I have no advice because I am a novice in all this...

I will just stay here and follow the thread because I am experiencing 'differences' on my scalp: it is more oily, more irritable and last night I asked DH to check a particular 'sore' part on it, and he said I had like a little pimple...

Madora
December 12th, 2014, 09:08 AM
So, every year around this time, I start to get sores on my scalp. It's not what you think of when you hear the word dandruff-- i don't have white flakes at all. And honestly, my scalp isn't otherwise dry... I just have some itchiness, and scabs on my scalp. Especially near my nape. Anyone experience this or have any idea how to remedy it? I really want it better this year, especially, since I'm already experiencing a pretty bad shed... Don't need any additional problems! Hahah

I was going to say it might be what you are putting on your hair..but since your problem seems to be season related, perhaps you should make an appointment with your dermatologist and have him check out your scalp and particularly your nape area.

Many years ago, when I was a teenager, I had nape trouble too...a large, itchy, red patch that was inflamed and would not go away. Went to the dermatologist and he said I had some sort of disease that men usually get. (Can't remember the name). Anyway, he prescribed some sort of ointment that was rubbed on the patch twice a day and in about a month's time the red, itchy patch vanished, never to reappear again. Good luck, pastina. Hope you find a solution to your problem!

Madora
December 12th, 2014, 09:09 AM
double post

pastina
December 12th, 2014, 09:38 AM
thank you! what's odd is that i used to get these scabbed patches when i was a child and had many more skin sensitivity problems-- i used to be unable to use soap without reacting. i grew out of that phase, and was fine through my teenage years. but in the last, maybe five? years, it's back.

in the past i've used dandruff shampoos to help the problem, but i'm currently breast feeding, so it's not really a safe option for me right now. maybe a dermatologist is the best way to go...

velorutionista
December 12th, 2014, 10:15 AM
I second getting it checked out by a doc. Maybe it's something that's there year round, but aggravated by the drier air or some other seasonal change...a dermatologist should be able to help!

gthlvrmx
December 13th, 2014, 05:25 PM
I think it's best to get that checked out by a doctor soon. I've never heard of a problem like that!

lapushka
December 13th, 2014, 05:34 PM
Sounds like SD to me, but I'm no doctor, and I second that a visit to a dermatologist is your best bet. Good luck. Hope you can see one soon, and get back to us!