PDA

View Full Version : To trim or not to trim...

whiterabbit
December 11th, 2014, 09:08 PM
Just a question. If the hair is healthy and has no breakage or split ends, do you really neeeed to trim? I keep seeing trimming come up and it got me thinking... Thanks!

Oh and by the way... HI EVERYBODY! ™ (first thread;)

ravenheather
December 11th, 2014, 09:17 PM
Only if you want to reduce taper. Its really a matter of preference.

spidermom
December 11th, 2014, 09:19 PM
Some of us trim to maintain the shape. I like a U-shape best, although mine is more of a V right now.

whiterabbit
December 11th, 2014, 09:21 PM
So it would be ok to wait until there is an issue or at least the shorter layers can catch up? Cool:)

Avis
December 11th, 2014, 09:22 PM
If your hair is healthy, you like your hemline, you're not trying to get rid of damage or layers, then you really don't need a trim. I hardly ever trim and I've only actually trimmed once for some splits.

Clea
December 11th, 2014, 09:37 PM
If your hair is healthy and there is no damage or splits, then there is no need to trim it. I trim to keep my ends straight though, as I have a few racers that grow faster than the rest. It is completely up to you though :)

fiğrildi
December 12th, 2014, 05:28 AM
So it would be ok to wait until there is an issue or at least the shorter layers can catch up? Cool:)

Definitely. There's no reason to trim, if your ends are healthy and your hemline looks good to you :flower:

wilderwein
December 12th, 2014, 05:37 AM
I agree with everyone here, if they are not damaged there is no reason to trim! But some hair types if you dont trim them they grow to fairytale hair ends (thin ends) personally I love that look on my hair, but you may want a straighter more blunt hair cut, that may be the only reason to trim besides damage

whiterabbit
December 12th, 2014, 05:53 AM
Thanks everyone:) I've been growing out a pixie and haven't had a trim since last spring so I was starting to worry. The trim last spring was to even out the back ( mullet) part. Now that part is about shoulder blades but not quite APL. The shorter bits are still hanging around my shoulders though... I do want to even it out eventually, I just don't want to lose any progress. Hairdressers seem to like my hair shorter :/

SunainaMhrani
December 12th, 2014, 06:04 AM
no you don't need to trim your hair.:) because there's no damage or split ends

lapushka
December 12th, 2014, 06:13 AM
Why not join the no trimming challenge for 2015. I'll give you the link so you can join the thread if you want! :)
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=126267

wilderwein
December 12th, 2014, 06:22 AM
Also you never know how your current haircut will end up as Its growing! It may seem even better! I feel that if i dont cut my hair for a long time my hair kinda grows,blends and seems more natural...?

momschicklets
December 12th, 2014, 06:58 AM
I know it's so hard to get the habit out of our heads to trim every 4 to 6 weeks like our hairdressers often tell us. When I first decided to not trim for an entire year, I was sure it would mean disaster for my hair....but alas, a year later my hair looks great! If your hair is healthy, the ends are not super split and the hemline is growing out how you like, I think you could wait a bit. I'm going to try and wait another 6 months to a year and then revisit the trimming issue. In the meantime it's just grow, grow, grow.....:knit: