PDA

View Full Version : I am finding a lot of knots on individual strands of hair?

Leslieslsa
December 9th, 2014, 10:03 PM
My hair is almost classic and I am S&Ding and I am kind of finding a lot of strands of hair in individual knots. Which I cut out of course. But the question is why is my hair doing this and how can I prevent it?

Adiro
December 9th, 2014, 11:47 PM
I think they're called "faerie knots" I have them as well, and they are most annoying...... sorry to be of no help, maybe others know better

spidermom
December 9th, 2014, 11:54 PM
It's the nature of fiber. I used to see that when I was threading a loom with fine thread. It just gets looped up on itself as we move it around.

Nique1202
December 10th, 2014, 01:22 AM
It's a normal thing for hair to do, especially damaged, dry, tanglesome ends. My usual breakdown when I S&D is 30% tiny knots, 30% sudden 90 degree bends, 30% extremely thin tapered ends, and 10% actual splits.

As for prevention, keep your ends as slippery and undamaged as possible, and catch the suckers as quickly as possible because those knots are to tangles as atmospheric dust is to snowflakes.

vega
December 10th, 2014, 03:16 AM
Hi leslielsa tell abit about your routine I was getting those fairy knots also , I've stopped using tangle teezer and gone back to my fine tooth comb , also gone back to using sulphates to wash off product , and haven't had a fairy onto now for 5 weeks

Madora
December 10th, 2014, 07:05 AM
Perhaps a drop or two of mineral oil on the last 12 inches of your hair might help. Put the MO on your hands, and then rub your hands thru the ends of your hair. It also helps if you detangle your hair daily with a wide tooth comb, and wear it up to keep knots from forming.

lapushka
December 10th, 2014, 07:26 AM
I rarely get them. Got one once, I believe, and that's back when I didn't double condition & used the LOC method. Nowadays my hair is well moisturized, and I just don't get them. Neither do I have splits or white dots.

chen bao jun
December 10th, 2014, 07:53 AM
I see you aren't curly but for me as a curly, besides being moisturized and having slip on the ends I use satin covered rollers on the ends when they get bad because that straightens the ends out which seems to help.

Anje
December 10th, 2014, 08:20 AM
For whatever reason, I would get drastically more of them when I tried out silicone-heavy products, like serums. (It's possible I wore my hair down more because it was super-slippery, too.) Curlies seem to get them as a matter of course, but I don't think anyone with more than a couple inches of hair is immune. I even once spotted a knot at the end of one of my cat's whiskers -- brave fairy!

curlylocks85
May 4th, 2015, 07:40 PM
My hair is almost classic and I am S&Ding and I am kind of finding a lot of strands of hair in individual knots. Which I cut out of course. But the question is why is my hair doing this and how can I prevent it?

I find this to be the case with my hair too. I think my hair does this because it is curly and my hair is wrapping around itself. As for prevention, I haven't found one, other than s&d sessions.