PDA

View Full Version : I really do not know what to do with my hair next?

Leslieslsa
December 9th, 2014, 04:49 PM
I have hair a tad past tailbone but not yet classic. About two months ago it was very dry and it seemed really split, I S&Ded a lot. I started using lots of deep conditioner and using coconut oil for several hours before washing. It is hard to explain, but it seems like the ends stick together and tangle easily. But when I try to S&D I only find like five splits in two hours. It seems silkier. It looks nice and glossy. But for some reason the ends are sticking.. Could it be time to clarify? I am just afraid because it seemed like it dried it out a bit before because I must have done it too much. But maybe since it's been over a month that is what I should do? I bought and am going to try that Giovanni conditioner for silkiness but maybe I should clarify and then use that twice to moisturize. What should I do?

martyna_22
December 9th, 2014, 04:55 PM
I know exactly what you're talking about, in my case it's a cue that I need to clarify - it always works :) And I always moisturize after I clarify, so go ahead. Remember that buildup is actually worse than claryfying every once in a while, as it blocks moisture out of the hair shaft.

lapushka
December 9th, 2014, 05:13 PM
Yes, I agree. I'd clarify! :)

Leslieslsa
December 9th, 2014, 05:24 PM
Is this an okay clarifying shampoo? This is what I usually use; Pantene deep clean (link blelow) I also have Sauve daily clarifying too.. Which one is better? Are they both good?

http://www.amazon.com/Pantene-Cleanse-Purifying-Shampoo-12-600-Fluid/dp/B00FKSWN84/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418170989&sr=8-1&keywords=pantene+deep+clean

lapushka
December 9th, 2014, 05:38 PM
I think it all depends on what your hair likes best. Surely you have clarified before? Or just not with these products?

Leslieslsa
December 9th, 2014, 05:40 PM
Yes, I have used them both before but I wasn't sure if the Pantene was technically a clarifier?

Aderyn
December 9th, 2014, 05:51 PM
To help minimize buildup you might want to watch how much oil you use and how frequently you use it.

Madora
December 9th, 2014, 06:10 PM
Less is more...the less stuff you put on your hair, the less problems you have with buildup (stickiness) having to clarify every month. Stick with one product for moisturizing. Work with it for 2 weeks. If it doesn't help your hair, find something else...and I'd stay away from coconut oil if you are using a moisturizer. When you have too much stuff on your hair, the products may not mesh well with each other and long term, may end up drying out your hair worse than if you had not used anything to moisturize. If you do continue to use coconut oil, then check out Heidi W's long hair oiling how to on You Tube.

jacqueline101
December 9th, 2014, 09:46 PM
I'm not the best person for advice but when I was using oils my hair felt dry and I had to clarify often about once a month. Otherwise my hair would tangle and get dried out. I found since I sort of use the loc method and a light serum on my ends every other day my hair isn't as bad. Also I used to oil my scalp and all. I stopped doing that. You might look into a leave as needed and a serum as needed.