PDA

View Full Version : The fine hair blues...

Earelia
December 8th, 2014, 01:28 PM
Now that I have reached the length I've always wanted which is waist and beyond I find that I am a little disappointed. It doesn't look like much when it's hanging down my back since it's on the finer side. A day after washing it lays so flat. I accept that my hair will never be as thick and full as I'd like and I plan to trim once in a while to thicken up the hem. I rock braid waves from time to time when I want some extra volume but sometimes I just want to wear it in its natural state. I was wondering what my fellow long hairs do when they're feeling a little down about their thickness.

Chocowalnut
December 8th, 2014, 02:39 PM
I'm sorry you're upset. I worry when I get to my dream length about this too because I have fine hair as well. And also hate my hair pretty much after wash day. Theres good things about thick and thin hair. With us the headaches are probably a lot worse for one haha. Have you tried henna or cassia btw? Henna made my fine hair feel and look much thicker, though I dont use it anymore.

Amapola
December 8th, 2014, 03:37 PM
Here's my take: I'm going to have fine, thin hair whether it's long or short. So it may as well be long.

I can't change my hair. I can only change the way I feel about it. And I've decided to like it, so I do. :)

blue_eyes
December 8th, 2014, 04:22 PM
I've got fine/thin hair as well, that is naturally straight. It can be incredibly frustrating sometimes...it doesn't matter what I do (volumizing products, short hair, long hair, layers or no layers) it's always going to be thin/fine. I've sort of accepted it. I look at other pictures of long, fine hair and it does look beautiful. I also know that lots of people wish they had straight, silky hair & I'm lucky enough to have that naturally.

Clea
December 8th, 2014, 04:33 PM
I know what you mean. Once my hair reached the waist/hip region, it started to thin at the ends. I started to become disappointed with it, too. I still am but there's nothing I can do about it. My hair is also quite flat at the roots, which can make it look bad when it's out. Instead of focusing on my lack of thickness or volume, I try and think of the positives. My hair is still growing and the new growth is healthy :)

AmberJewel
December 8th, 2014, 06:40 PM
:grouphug: Sympathy hug! My main problem with having fine hair is the fact that the ends get damaged so easily. Wind, humidity, heat, anything really, and it's Split City! Not to mention the tangles thereby acquired. Thankfully I have some waves that help add some volume though. I'm hoping the hemline will thicken up once I start maintaining... someday. I don't have much advice, but good luck!

Kherome
December 8th, 2014, 09:18 PM
Here's my take: I'm going to have fine, thin hair whether it's long or short. So it may as well be long.

I can't change my hair. I can only change the way I feel about it. And I've decided to like it, so I do. :)

Can I get an Amen? Haha
You can't change it so learn to embrace it. Personally, though it may be a bit more fragile than coarse hair I find fine hair to be so lovely.

Earelia
December 9th, 2014, 08:42 AM
Thanks for your words of encouragement everyone! I really do like my hair, it's pretty shiny and I have been taking better care of it than I ever have. It's just that sometimes I wish for a little more. The upside is that I can do more braids, buns, and fun stuff. Also it's not really prone to tangling like it used to be. I use henna and indigo now which treats me well. The women in my family are all pretty fine haired so it's in my blood. I guess I just hit a 'blah' point. Ah well. Maybe it's time to just throw it up and forget about it for a little while. :D

MeowScat
December 9th, 2014, 09:39 AM
Yup, put it up and forget about it. When my limp, lifeless hair bugs me, I'll do a big messy bun or I'll do my bangs a little different. I'll never have big hair. Ever.

jacqueline101
December 9th, 2014, 10:49 AM
I have fine hair and to give it fake volume. I do braid or bun curls. As far as natural volume goes there isn't any cure for fine hair. I know I have straight hair as I've stated that's fine.