PDA

View Full Version : One Year Anniversary!! (Pics)

HeatherMae
September 27th, 2008, 02:47 PM
I felt like this day would never ever get here. But at the same time, I can't believe that it has been a whole year already!

I know I have said this before, but in case some have missed it, I went to the salon September 24th 2007 to donate 10 inches to locks of love. My hair was just touching the back of my pants when I went in. When I came out, my hair was chin-ish length. :( Not at all what I was wanting.

This last year at LCH I haven't really done anything new with my hair. I did try the shampoo bars and the CO washes but my hair really just didn't care for either of them. And then I figured that my hair always seemed to do well before, so why change things? I just use cheep Suave shampoo and a leave in conditioner with cones, because it seems to make my hair happy. :)

I was a bit disappointed when I saw the before and after pictures because I really thought that I had gotten more length than that. I did gain a nice amount of growth this last year going from 16 inches to 24 inches. So I guess that I am happy with that. I was just hoping that it would be more obvious in pictures.

Anyway here are the pictures. I have never been to good at posting pictures so please bear with me. :)

I know that my hair looks a bit crooked. But I am still struggling with the salon phobia thing and am too chicken to go in to have it fixed.

Thank you all for a great first year at LHC!! :)

Happy Growing Everyone!

This is my before picture, taken 9-26-2007.
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c158/HeatherInOhio/September262007-1.jpg

And this is my after picture taken this morning. 9-27-2008.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c158/HeatherInOhio/Sept272008.jpg

lilalong
September 27th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Looking good!

And hey, that's an awesome growth rate!

Silver & Gold
September 27th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Congrats! That is a lot of growth. I think the reason the growth doesn't look as dramatic to you is because your hair is so thick - which is actually a good thing if you ask me.

Katahdin
September 27th, 2008, 04:48 PM
It looks very thick and healthy. Congratulations on one year!

yogachic
September 27th, 2008, 04:52 PM
8 Inches is a very good rate of growth.
Have you tried the faye method for trimming your own hair.

DavidN
September 27th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Congratulations on your one year anniversary at the LHC, HeatherMae, and here's to many more years!:toast:

I cannot get over how much your hair has grown in the past year, and 8 inches per year is well above the average 6 inches/year. Also, your ends are so thick and even, and I think you should be able to grow it a lot longer if you wish to do so. Thank you for sharing.

paper
September 27th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Happy Anniversary HeatherMae :flowers:

My goodness, your hair really has grown alot. It looks very pretty and healthy! I look forward to watching your hair grow this next yr. Good Luck!

RoseRedDead
September 27th, 2008, 05:41 PM
8inches/year is a very good rate of return on your new investment. ;)

Congratulations, and happy anniversary! :flowers:

Bronwyn Grace
September 27th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Wow, how generous of you to donate your hair! I've always wanted to do that. Your hair has an amazing growth rate! It looks so thick... I'm jealous! :) Congrats!

Addy
September 27th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Your hair has grown a lot!

It looks nice and thick! :heart:

longingforlocks
September 27th, 2008, 07:16 PM
your hair looks lighter in the second picture! I like both colors, and I think that your hair will look gorgeous even longer especially since it appears so thick.

Nat242
September 27th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Congratulations! You gained a lot of length, and it looks very thick and healthy.

HeatherMae
September 28th, 2008, 07:58 AM
Thank you all so much for all of your kind words. :) I am anxious for my next anniversary, because I think surely by then my hair will look long. So, just 1 more year to go! LOL!

Indigo Girl
September 28th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Congratulations on your milestone! Your hair looks quite healthy. :)

SchnauzerMom
September 28th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Congratulations on 1 year! Your hair looks gorgeous. :cheer: