PDA

View Full Version : How would you do this hair?

aforestfae
December 8th, 2014, 01:27 AM
This updo (http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/e8/0e/6c/e80e6c096b020f24b336f9380f48af98.jpg) is lovely but I can't figure it out.
Any ideas?

Aderyn
December 8th, 2014, 02:06 AM
For the bottom part it looks like you'd just twist your hair and add sections from the bottom only in as you go. Sort of like a french braid, but instead of braiding, you're just twisting the hair and it looks like there's only one main strand of hair, and not 2 or 3 like in a rope braid or french braid.

The top part looks like a french braid to me.

I can't really see how the two strands connect, or how long the persons hair is.

Could be to have the two parts meet and then do a loose french braid with all of the hair and then tuck the ends under itself. That's what I would guess, but I'm not too sure.

I helped a friend do a hairstyle similar to that a while ago, but it's been quite a long time.. and it was slightly different.

Merlin
December 8th, 2014, 03:08 AM
I agree with what Aderyn reckons here - and based on the hair which is left out I reckon her hair isn't that long - long bob maybe? I reckon it's the top section french braided and then the loose end rolled up in the remaining hair. It could work with quite short hair?

I've done a search for other places this image appears - there lots of them but none are tutorials I'm afraid.