PDA

View Full Version : Sudden paranoia - is this a bald patch?

Honey39
September 27th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Hello,

Please humour me. I was taking a picture of the top of my head (don't ask - well, actually I wanted to see how bad my roots were, lol)

Anyway, I've put the pic in my signature - does this look like a bald patch to you? It looks bigger than I remember, but then I never look at the top of my head, and have no similar pics. Am fretting so I wanted to ask if this looks normal!

Ta in advance - feel stupid but I'm very stressed at the moment, so worried that I've started to go bald on the sly....!!

RavennaNight
September 27th, 2008, 02:25 PM
where's the pic?

Honey39
September 27th, 2008, 02:27 PM
where's the pic?

Sorry, have now put it as my avator (on the left) - didn't realise my signature wouldn't show up!

NeilTheFuzz
September 27th, 2008, 02:29 PM
I don't think so. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Try not to get paranoid about it. Stress isn't good for you or your hair.

Chill out and take care. :)

Honey39
September 27th, 2008, 02:30 PM
I don't think so. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Try not to get paranoid about it. Stress isn't good for you or your hair.

Chill out and take care. :)

Lol - thanks - I'm watching Lord of the Rings now, I'd love elf hair...!!

Anyway, will try not to fret about it.

lilalong
September 27th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Looks normal to me. Every time I take pictures of my part, it looks huuuuge (and empty) to me, because the flash makes the scalp show through.

It looks fine. I wouldn't worry.

gallows_gallery
September 27th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Don't stress!

My regrowth is light brown which doesn't really black out the skin, and (as said above) the flash always brings out your scalp.

I have plenty of photos where my hair is up in something and I have weird white lines everywhere lol

Honey39
September 27th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Phew - thanks so much!!! My hair doesn't FEEL thinner, it's just that I've never noticed my scalp before, lol. I just thought it might be a specific spot of baldness, but I think it's kind of where my crown is (just before it)...

ChloeDharma
September 27th, 2008, 03:39 PM
I wouldn't worry about it, that area (the crown) can be very odd with partings etc and it's not hugely uncommon to have a double crown too which it could be.
If you still are concerned, take more pictures of it now, then leave it for a few months and take some more to compare. It's very likely it will look the same and then can confirm it's just naturally the way your hair grows. In the mean time....stop freaking out, i think it looks fine anyway.

RoseRedDead
September 27th, 2008, 05:46 PM
It looks like a normal part to me. Some people's are wider than others. :pumpkin:

Bronwyn Grace
September 27th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Looks pretty normal to me. :) Don't worry. -hug- I take pics of my roots all the time too. LOL.

Lord of the Rings is amazing, by the way. I want elf hair as well! :P

Honey39
September 28th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the reassurance! I don't know, I panicked and thought it was a bald patch - I have however now asked two friends who said that they didn't think so, it was just a part. My hair FEELS really thick, but maybe I've just never looked at it from that angle before.

I had a huge shed about three years ago, and it's obviously scarred me! I hate that sudden sick feeling you get about your hair (or is that just me?). Made me think though - this is quite sad, but my hair is the one thing I find beautiful about myself, and although it's not the end of the world, losing it would make me so sad...

Eryka
September 28th, 2008, 11:57 AM
I know how you feel. My hair is past my knees and I recently discovered that I'm severely thinning on the right side. Hopefully it will fill in but, theres a lot that needs to grow back. Some bad brushing habits were the culprit so I'm hoping with time and the right brush things will work themselves out.

But yes, the idea of such a major feature disappearing before our eyes is frightening.

Shanarana
September 28th, 2008, 12:20 PM
I think we have more of a tendency to notice things that normally we wouldn't give a second thought to. When it comes to our hair, we seem to look through a magnified glass and point out all our so called flaws that are really nothing but seem huge to us.