PDA

View Full Version : What Should I Do?

cmdinoto
December 6th, 2014, 06:57 PM
Hi Everyone,

I am having a bit of a dilemma. My hair has been highlighted many times over and the ends are just fried. I am going to get a haircut but I don't know what to say. I want to grow it longer but I also want healthy hair at the same time. Would it be better to cut more off and make it healthy or cut off as little as I can? Thanks for your help!

Chocowalnut
December 6th, 2014, 07:13 PM
I can't see that pic but judging from your profile pic I wouldn't do it. Just because hair is a little damaged doesn't mean you should cut it off. I wouldn't cut more than an inch it is very pretty. Trim as you grow.

Madora
December 6th, 2014, 07:18 PM
I'd say better to cut off the damage now, so the damage doesn't have a chance to get worse! Then concentrate on practicing friendly hair care and ditching everything that is not hair friendly. Good luck!

Wildcat Diva
December 6th, 2014, 07:55 PM
I'd take off an inch, and then grow for a while. You can always take another inch off in another six months or so if needed, or keep growing for a whole year.

I have been able to grow a year and a half with no trims. I am about to trim an inch off this month, and then we will see how far I can go for another while.

Chromis
December 6th, 2014, 08:08 PM
I found wearing my hair up really helped to prevent tangles (and I like not having it in my face!), so I would advise removing some damage, but leaving it long enough to easily put up.

In your shoes, what I did actually was to self-trim. It's really quite easy and then you don't have to worry about communicating what you want or them randomly deciding to do things you didn't ask for. :)

mica
December 7th, 2014, 04:26 AM
I would only cut it all off if:
a) the damage is the type that can climb up the hair shaft (such as split ends) or cause breakage, making it look like your hair is not growing at all since it is breaking as fast as it is growing
b) looks really bad and no product or updo can hide it
From your profile picture I would say it doesn't look bad at all. I would recommend to go slow, don't cut more than an inch at a time, and see how it goes! :)