PDA

View Full Version : vent your frustration here

Pages : [1] 2 3

DragonAngel
December 5th, 2014, 04:52 AM
Not sure if this has been done before so if the long term LHCers know of an existing thread then by all means link me :)
Ok , I will start.......
Been getting ready for a trip out side in the sunshine with hair flowing but the wind has picked up now and I have spent an hour detangling and brushing grrrrr *big sighs*

hanne jensen
December 5th, 2014, 05:24 AM
I just used all morning getting the kitchen clean and hubby makes 1 sandwich. There are crumbs all over the kitchen counter now.

Sorry, I thought this thread was for general frustration. My hair frustration: No matter how careful I am I break a lot of hairs. It's not easy having fine fragile hair.

Johannah
December 5th, 2014, 05:34 AM
Bangs: GROW PLEASE. :(

DragonAngel
December 5th, 2014, 05:47 AM

are you growing them out or are they too short ?

I just used all morning getting the kitchen clean and hubby makes 1 sandwich. There are crumbs all over the kitchen counter now.

Sorry, I thought this thread was for general frustration. My hair frustration: No matter how careful I am I break a lot of hairs. It's not easy having fine fragile hair.

men can be messy creatures, lol.

Madora
December 5th, 2014, 07:12 AM

Johannah, have you tried scalp massage in the area where the bangs are growing? I've never had bangs but it seems to me that since the bang area doesn't get much in the way of brushing (stimulation to the roots), etc. the follicles in that area aren't as "motivated" (for lack of a better description) to put forth the growth tendencies...so the bangs just "sit" and don't grow as fast as the rest of your hair does.

Annalouise
December 5th, 2014, 07:37 AM
men can be messy creatures, lol.

Understatement of the year. ;) My husband left CHEESE on the dryer yesterday!!! You can guess what that looked liked after a couple loads in the dryer.

For hair frustration- that would have to be genetics and health.

chillerthanice
December 5th, 2014, 08:00 AM
Hair: My pre-LHC hair sucks! It's thin, layered, and breaks off if I look at it the wrong way. Courtesy of a horrendous short self haircut and long term malnutrition. Also, curse my uneven hemline! It's not a cute fairytale or anything. It looks like a reverse v. But, on the plus side, my LHC cared for hair is the bomb diggity. :rockerdud Nice and thick and shiny. Never thought I could ever have shiny hair.

Non-hair: My room is such a mess, I don't even know where to begin cleaning, so I'll just browse LHC and pretend it's not there.

DragonAngel
December 5th, 2014, 08:09 AM
Understatement of the year. ;) My husband left CHEESE on the dryer yesterday!!! You can guess what that looked liked after a couple loads in the dryer.

For hair frustration- that would have to be genetics and health.

cheese on the drier !?? *face palm*

Annalouise
December 5th, 2014, 08:10 AM
Hair: My pre-LHC hair sucks! It's thin, layered, and breaks off if I look at it the wrong way. Courtesy of a horrendous short self haircut and long term malnutrition. Also, curse my uneven hemline! It's not a cute fairytale or anything. It looks like a reverse v. But, on the plus side, my LHC cared for hair is the bomb diggity. :rockerdud Nice and thick and shiny. Never thought I could ever have shiny hair.

Non-hair: My room is such a mess, I don't even know where to begin cleaning, so I'll just browse LHC and pretend it's not there.

Yeeesss, the LHC to avoid house cleaning ...... I know it well.

Annalouise
December 5th, 2014, 08:12 AM
cheese on the drier !?? *face palm*

I know! Who leaves cheese on the dryer? So when I asked hubby what he was thinking? He told me to put the cheese back in the fridge and
he'll eat it later! lol, (After it sat on a hot dryer for God knows how long). lol

Men are weird.

Johannah
December 5th, 2014, 08:27 AM
are you growing them out or are they too short ?

I'm growing them out. Or at least, a part of them. I have blunt bangs, but it was cut very thick and wide.

Johannah, have you tried scalp massage in the area where the bangs are growing? I've never had bangs but it seems to me that since the bang area doesn't get much in the way of brushing (stimulation to the roots), etc. the follicles in that area aren't as "motivated" (for lack of a better description) to put forth the growth tendencies...so the bangs just "sit" and don't grow as fast as the rest of your hair does.

I use a BBB on my bangs. They'll probably stay in my bun next month. So so so close! :p

RainbowBowser
December 5th, 2014, 08:33 AM
Brain, decide what to do with my fringe!
Hair, stop feeling thin when you're not any thinner, throws me right off!

DragonAngel
December 5th, 2014, 08:54 AM
I know! Who leaves cheese on the dryer? So when I asked hubby what he was thinking? He told me to put the cheese back in the fridge and
he'll eat it later! lol, (After it sat on a hot dryer for God knows how long). lol

Men are weird.

oh gross, think how much bacteria would have grown eeeeeugh

DragonAngel
December 5th, 2014, 08:58 AM
I'm growing them out. Or at least, a part of them. I have blunt bangs, but it was cut very thick and wide.

I use a BBB on my bangs. They'll probably stay in my bun next month. So so so close! :p

I have a fringe too (English bangs) mine tapers mid eyebrow to join with seamlessly with the rest, I like it just over my eyebrows but it seems to get to the end of my nose in no time.[I]t seems to grow 3 times faster than the rest, lol :rolleyes:

DragonAngel
December 5th, 2014, 09:00 AM

I have a fringe too (English bangs) mine tapers mid eyebrow to join with seamlessly with the rest, I like it just over my eyebrows but it seems to get to the end of my nose in no time.[I]t seems to grow 3 times faster than the rest, lol :rolleyes:

Agnes Hannah
December 5th, 2014, 10:03 AM
I trimmed this week, only 0.5cm, but it feels so short now.....

anastasiashea
December 5th, 2014, 10:34 AM

Oh my god, lol. Sometimes men can do the weirdest things! To be fair, women can too! My husband still tucks wrappers into the couch cushions like a little kid. I don't mind too much, because I leave my own messes around the house. At least I clean mine up eventually!

I'm frustrated that I shed so much hair all the time! I always brush before a shower, but I still find a good amount of loose hairs after I condition. I've always been a pretty big shedder and still have a 4 inch ponytail circumference, so I think I just have too many hairs on my head. :)

Begemot
December 5th, 2014, 12:09 PM
I wish I could grow my hair without trimming. At least for now I'm going to have to trim quite some to even out my hemline. Right now I have steep v-shaped hemline instead of the u-shape I want. It actually sometimes looks like there's only few longer hairs sticking out in the middle of hemline, it looks ridiculous. I neeeed nice, blunt ends :( But I also really want to get to waist as soon as possible, so... I'm going to be frustrated for a long time.

summergreen
December 5th, 2014, 01:21 PM
Scalp, please stop being sensitive/allergic to hairdye. And henna. And all plants and kitchen items that change hair colour even the slightest bit. Because after 6 years of not being able to colour I still hate hate hate my grey and bleurrgh brown hair colour so much that I sometimes don't want to leave the house any more.

Nadine <3
December 5th, 2014, 01:53 PM
Come on hair why you so thin?! I don't want to see my scalp!

jacqueline101
December 5th, 2014, 02:20 PM
My frustrations are; my hair didn't make it to waist it was so close that when I tilted my head a certain way it touched this this summer then I trimmed my hair it seemed to stop growing after that. My dang blasted hair why won't you grow. My general rant my brothers cat butter cup climbed my curtain he's 15 pounds he broke my rod.

Islandgrrl
December 5th, 2014, 02:43 PM
Bangs....why won't you get past my chin?

PinkyCat
December 5th, 2014, 03:11 PM
Why the hell can't I eat everything within 10 feet of me and still be thin?????? :taz:

Puffer Fish
December 5th, 2014, 08:16 PM
Not my hair, but a hair frustration: my boyfriend has the WORST dandruff I've ever seen!!! It's partially caused by some of his meds but he washes his short hair almost every day and even dandruff shampoo does nothing against it. I'm seriously tempted to someday be like 'let me try this mess on your hair' and have it full of aloe juice and tea tree oil or something to see if that helps. I don't like having head crumbs in my bed, I feel like I need to vacuum my pillows every time he comes over. :eye:

Nadine <3
December 5th, 2014, 08:47 PM
Not my hair, but a hair frustration: my boyfriend has the WORST dandruff I've ever seen!!! It's partially caused by some of his meds but he washes his short hair almost every day and even dandruff shampoo does nothing against it. I'm seriously tempted to someday be like 'let me try this mess on your hair' and have it full of aloe juice and tea tree oil or something to see if that helps. I don't like having head crumbs in my bed, I feel like I need to vacuum my pillows every time he comes over. :eye:

Heh, I convinced my boyfriend to let me put treatments on his head once a week. We do them together and let them sit while we watch movies, then we shower. It's a nice thing to do together :)

winship2
December 5th, 2014, 08:50 PM

Awww, I'm so glad you see this unexpected wonderful thing happening with your hair! Mine is also nicer than I thought it would be. Isn't it a great feeling?

My non-hair rant: I work in my family business. And for reasons related to the "family" part of family business I have to be at work all this weekend. Sigh.

Entangled
December 5th, 2014, 08:55 PM
Hair, why must you be so greasy? Aren't you SUPPOSED to be LESS greasy in the winter, when it's cold and dry and I'm not sweating? I washed you LAST NIGHT! You're not supposed to look wet with sebum!

hanne jensen
December 6th, 2014, 05:24 AM
I used over an hour this morning trying to put my hair up and all it did was flop down. I couldn't even do a sock bun. The blasted mess just couldn't be worked with. I'm in a very irritating stage now. Too long for my usual updos and too short for something new. No matter what I try, lots of hairs stick out of the updo and loosen the updo so it flops down. Even scroos won't hold it. In frustration, I just pulled the front hair back from my face and put in a Zinger to hold it. 2 hours later the Zinger is coming out. I need 5 cm more hair to do an updo now.

allierat
December 6th, 2014, 05:54 AM

Mine used to seem to grow 3 times faster, right up until I started growing it out!

MeowScat
December 6th, 2014, 07:04 PM
I had another big tangle / matted mess near my scalp so it took forever to detangle.

I really need to remember to detangle when I wake up and go to sleep.

chen bao jun
December 6th, 2014, 09:46 PM
It's winter. My always dry curls are even dryer and I can't use humectants, which usually help. sigh. Oil alone just isn't the same.

Added to this my wonderful husband (I'm not being sarcastic, he really is wonderful and would NEVER put cheese in the dryer--though he would leave the toothpaste uncapped and the potty seat up), anyway, added to this, my wonderful husband has gotten very vocal recently about wanting to see my hair down more. He keeps saying how much prettier I look with it down and what beautiful hair I have. Unfortunately, my dry hair, which is now the longest its ever been, with the most fragile ends I've ever had, is definitely going to break off if I wear it down in this weather. I'm wearing it down for him just once a week, in Sundays, and on Sunday evening it is dry (yes, I'm repetitive) and full of SSKs. I want to wear it up all the time!! And have good growth by summer. GRRR! It stretches to the middle of my back now and I don't mind that it only appears to be APL because I like my curls, but I am anxious to appear to be at brastrap length in this lifetime sometime, if you know what I mean...

LauraLongLocks
December 6th, 2014, 10:03 PM
Johannah, I am right there with you. Bangs - GROW!!! Mine are to the top of my lips now. They won't always stay in an updo or tucked behind my ears, but they are getting closer to that milestone.

No other major complaints. Just wish my growth rate was faster.

Adiro
December 7th, 2014, 12:32 AM
i have split ends all over my length, from ear length and above,down to tailbone. Ot a lot, but I can see them on the monitor when I zoom a photo.
my hair seems to be at all lengths, and just about half of it reaches my hemline... I don't know what to do with it, I will not get a pixie cut!!! ( and my eye sight is too bad to go S&D )

Ferngear
December 7th, 2014, 12:55 AM
It's December in California and it's been 70+ forEVER! I've had my hair up since March. I want to wear my hair down, but it's like a blanket. And it's dry to boot, so static galore, up or down, wither super frizzy or sticks-to-itself flat. Why does the weather conspire against me?

DragonAngel
December 7th, 2014, 03:59 AM
wearing hair down outside in winter causes mechanical damage and tangles which, to fix, causes more mechanical damage, hindrance to growth and quality. But I love wearing my hair down !!? aaaargh !! *stamps foot* damned if I do, pointless if I don't. :rolleyes:

KittyBird
December 7th, 2014, 04:16 AM
Got everything ready to henna my hair and was going to make the henna mix, and then remembered that I don't have latex gloves.. Damn! I'll have to wait until next weekend then. I was really looking forward to it, as I haven't hennaed since august and my roots look awful now.

veryhairyfairy
December 7th, 2014, 01:01 PM
I've been putting off henna-ing my roots for weeks and weeks and it's finally too obvious to ignore, but I don't wanna!

I'm getting lazier and lazier about what I'm willing to do for this mop. :lol:

laceyfairy
December 7th, 2014, 01:35 PM

Hair: Split splits splits but only when I don't have scissors nearby. Also a little boredom, I'm getting really tempted to add some pink veggie dye.

martyna_22
December 7th, 2014, 01:54 PM
My growth is so painfully slow.. I want to gain some two inches for now, and maintain, but I'm not sure I wwon't have to trim before that to thicken the hemline :(

Madora
December 7th, 2014, 02:00 PM
It's winter. My always dry curls are even dryer and I can't use humectants, which usually help. sigh. Oil alone just isn't the same.

Added to this my wonderful husband (I'm not being sarcastic, he really is wonderful and would NEVER put cheese in the dryer--though he would leave the toothpaste uncapped and the potty seat up), anyway, added to this, my wonderful husband has gotten very vocal recently about wanting to see my hair down more. He keeps saying how much prettier I look with it down and what beautiful hair I have. Unfortunately, my dry hair, which is now the longest its ever been, with the most fragile ends I've ever had, is definitely going to break off if I wear it down in this weather. I'm wearing it down for him just once a week, in Sundays, and on Sunday evening it is dry (yes, I'm repetitive) and full of SSKs. I want to wear it up all the time!! And have good growth by summer. GRRR! It stretches to the middle of my back now and I don't mind that it only appears to be APL because I like my curls, but I am anxious to appear to be at brastrap length in this lifetime sometime, if you know what I mean...

I don't know if you've seen this, Chen bao jun, but thought I'd link to it..just in case: from Ktani, former LHC member: http://ktanihairsense.blogspot.com/2012/10/how-to-avoid-winter-hair-blues.html

Madora
December 7th, 2014, 02:05 PM
I've had lots of car trouble this year, which is not surprising since my car, a 1966 Plymouth Valiant, is getting up there. I love her, though, and wouldn't think of replacing her. She just had a new ignition installed less than six months ago and guess what? That ignition dropped off my dashboard this morning as I was about to exit my driveway! I was gobsmacked, astonished...you name it! The "ring" emcompassing the ignition fell on to the floor...the ignition part fell back into the dashboard chamber, which is not accessible until the garage where I had it installed dismantles the area and puts things to rights! I guess I'm damn lucky...it could have happened as I was driving to my doctor's appointment!

petitepraline
December 7th, 2014, 02:29 PM
Sometimes I feel as if I take three steps forward and end up five steps back

DragonAngel
December 7th, 2014, 02:32 PM
I've had lots of car trouble this year, which is not surprising since my car, a 1966 Plymouth Valiant, is getting up there. I love her, though, and wouldn't think of replacing her. She just had a new ignition installed less than six months ago and guess what? That ignition dropped off my dashboard this morning as I was about to exit my driveway! I was gobsmacked, astonished...you name it! The "ring" emcompassing the ignition fell on to the floor...the ignition part fell back into the dashboard chamber, which is not accessible until the garage where I had it installed dismantles the area and puts things to rights! I guess I'm damn lucky...it could have happened as I was driving to my doctor's appointment!

vehicles !!! dontcha just love em ? they keep you poor.

Madora
December 7th, 2014, 03:40 PM
i have split ends all over my length, from ear length and above,down to tailbone. Ot a lot, but I can see them on the monitor when I zoom a photo.
my hair seems to be at all lengths, and just about half of it reaches my hemline... I don't know what to do with it, I will not get a pixie cut!!! ( and my eye sight is too bad to go S&D )

This might be of interest to you, Adiro, re: catnip for split ends: http://ktanihairsense.blogspot.ca/2009/11/part-3-of-4-on-innovative-approaches-to.html

Madora
December 7th, 2014, 03:42 PM
vehicles !!! dontcha just love em ? they keep you poor.

Yes, DragonAngel! These malfunctions happen at the most inopportune times! Alas, I do not have the key to Fort Knox, but do have a minor kitty/emergency backup fund, so the ignition will definitely get fixed. Hoping for free, since the thing isn't even 6 months old!!!

sarahchant
December 7th, 2014, 03:48 PM
My husband was on vacation for a week and wrecked the house... Haha...

And one side of my hair is wavy and the other is straight. Ugh!

molljo
December 7th, 2014, 04:56 PM
Hmm well this winter is definitely reminding me WHY I kept chopping my hair into a pixie. Nothing that worked perfectly in the spring, summer, and fall are working now at all. It's so so frustrating. My hair is poofy and dry and just angry, and I have to start all over trying new products and techniques. I liked having a reliable routine! It was so nice finally getting to a point where I wasn't constantly assessing. And now I have to repeat that whole process. Even if I find the magic combination/miracle cure/whatever that gives me perfect hair I'll still be super resentful about it for making me go through this whole tiresome rigamarole AGAIN.

jacqueline101
December 7th, 2014, 05:32 PM
My new frustration is my brother acts as though my minor health set back is the end of the line for me. I can't do anything and I'm about to go batty.

Robot Ninja
December 7th, 2014, 05:49 PM
Hair, why are you so limp and flyaway and tangly? Is it the dryness? Because I can't do anything about that.

Non-hair-related: When will my kid learn to tell me when she is almost out of things rather than waiting until she is completely out of things? Is this a thing kids do? And when do they grow out of it?

DragonAngel
December 16th, 2014, 02:05 AM
No growth at all since my accident :( It would seem my body is giving all its nutrients to healing my broken ankle.

GoblinTart
December 16th, 2014, 04:51 AM
I was well past BSL. Like, maybe 8months to a year and I would be at waist. But I started my hair journey with bad hair from neglect. Which kept getting gradually worse til I just gave up. Which made it worse. Then I would try again, get frustrated, give up. Vicious cycle.

5 inches hair! We cut off 5inches! And guess what hair, you can be pretty with gorgeous thick ends! I thought that was only possible at chin length and shorter! Why couldn't you have kept the damage at the bottom of you? Then we wouldn't have had to chop off 5 whole inches and be back at APL!

Ah well. Fresh start, beautiful thick ends. No existing damage to keep on damaging the rest of my hair.

Medievalmaniac
December 16th, 2014, 05:37 AM
Definitely up for joining the frustrated! I was at BSL in June, then cut an inch off at the beginning of the Fall term to even out the ends. Now I'm just back at BSL, and it's stalled out. SIGH. Hoped to be at waist by now, but it looks like (if I'm lucky and get a good growth spurt) maybe end of summer instead. Back to hair/skin/nails supplements. I keep reminding myself: 3 years ago you were bald. 3 years ago you were bald. But, it's not really helping anymore. Now, I'm just all, after 3 years:

GROW, hair, GROW!

MeowScat
December 16th, 2014, 06:44 AM
I'm such an idiot. I haven't been combing / BBBing daily and these scalp knots are difficult and painful to detangle. When will I learn?!!

Crumpet
December 16th, 2014, 11:33 AM
My hair complaint is boring (its always the same): grow layers grow!

There have been a lot of posts about housework, so I'll add: my boyfriend is remarkably neat and tidy (yes, I *do* appreciate how rare that is), but he also has gross boy-habits, like eating doughnuts so old that they've been mummified. But my 6 month old kittens are not neat and tidy. Each day I find things rearranged and messy from their wrestling matches -- but they're ridiculously cute!

Halliday
December 16th, 2014, 12:59 PM
My mother is ruining my life. Every day I come home and she's a mess. I can't bear it anymore, I wish to God I could move out but I'm only 16, and in the UK shiz like that ain't easy. She's so stressed and manic and unpredictable and fragile and hot tempered; any criticism for me means that I am 'attacking' her... She is literally eroding my sanity.

Baby_doll
December 16th, 2014, 01:25 PM
with shampoo once a week: dry scalp and hair
with water only; my mom complains that it not "flowing"
i think I'm gonna try very very diluted shampoo.
guhhhh!

AmberJewel
December 16th, 2014, 01:59 PM
I was going to complain about my mom then I realized that many people have the same complaint! Hmm, I wonder why.

tokugawa.miyako
December 16th, 2014, 02:16 PM
My mother is ruining my life. Every day I come home and she's a mess. I can't bear it anymore, I wish to God I could move out but I'm only 16, and in the UK shiz like that ain't easy. She's so stressed and manic and unpredictable and fragile and hot tempered; any criticism for me means that I am 'attacking' her... She is literally eroding my sanity.

This isn't a complaint, but I just wanted to express my sympathy for you. My mother is exactly the same way and it's really difficult. I hope things get better soon. *hugs*

patienceneeded
December 16th, 2014, 03:03 PM
Not hair related at all...

With 3 days to go until Winter Break (a 2 week vacation) my students are going bananas. They have checked out completely and are acting like a bunch of crazy people. Sigh. It's only 3 more days...

patienceneeded
December 16th, 2014, 03:04 PM
double post.....

chen bao jun
December 16th, 2014, 03:31 PM
I don't know if you've seen this, Chen bao jun, but thought I'd link to it..just in case: from Ktani, former LHC member: http://ktanihairsense.blogspot.com/2012/10/how-to-avoid-winter-hair-blues.html

Thanks, I clarified and it helped amazingly.
I am upset today because my friend's son, whom I dearly love is in the mental hospital right now. What is this, the new rite of passage? My son was in one before, thank goodness better now, but seems a new young man is in there every year now. I am so sick of visiting mental hospitals. ..
I love this one dearly and believe he'll be fine but it s terrible. Always during Christmas season, too, or so it seems.

jacqueline101
December 16th, 2014, 08:56 PM
My frustration is that I have a head cold my brother slathered me up in Vicks my head back and arms and feet. He's made me wear a stalking hat in the house to sweat out my cold. Then he made chicken noodle soup. I have four blankets on and he's having me to wear double socks. I'm bed bound again. He's woke me up every 8 hours to give me cough syrup. Calls me at school to tell me to take it.

Puffer Fish
December 16th, 2014, 09:08 PM
Hair frustration: I always forget to shower until it's mid-evening, which means my hair isn't dry before bed so I sleep all my waves and wurls away because of the weight of my skull! ):

Regular frustration: Why do I get so many headaches for so many things?!? It's normal for me to have a hair-trigger headache mechanism but seriously? Two days of consecutive exhaustion headaches is not my idea of "guess what you're doing after work today" fun.

Islandgrrl
December 16th, 2014, 09:13 PM
Frustrated by people today. Why are people so difficult?

Ferngear
December 17th, 2014, 12:21 AM
Trying to get better definition in my waves, maybe get back some of the curls I have when my hair is shorter. Everything says "Don't touch your hair!" Comb in product, scrunch, "Don't touch you hair!" Fluff with fingers at scalp, but "Don't touch you hair!" I want to touch it.... I like to touch it... it's soft and pretty... We're having a secret affair. Even when I don't touch it, it's so long the waves and curls pull themselves out after only a few hours.

veryhairyfairy
December 18th, 2014, 08:11 AM
I'm frustrated with myself for being too lazy to make my own conditioner. I keep running out and having to buy some Suave to get by. I need to remind myself that it's a waste of money since I already have all of the ingredients to make it myself.

Eastbound&Down
December 18th, 2014, 08:58 AM
Hair related frustration: I straightened my hair for an event, which I haven't done in a while, and then we didn't even go! UGH! Such a waste of time and damage :( on the up side, my hair is officially the longest it's been since I graduated high school :)

Other frustation: Why can't people just genuinely want to help you? Why is there always an ulterior motive? I vented to someone I thought I could trust and now it's potentially ending up with so much more trouble. I should have kept my mouth shut.

Halliday
December 18th, 2014, 09:32 AM
My frustration is that I have a head cold my brother slathered me up in Vicks my head back and arms and feet. He's made me wear a stalking hat in the house to sweat out my cold. Then he made chicken noodle soup. I have four blankets on and he's having me to wear double socks. I'm bed bound again. He's woke me up every 8 hours to give me cough syrup. Calls me at school to tell me to take it.

Aww your brother is so sweet!

jacqueline101
December 18th, 2014, 03:08 PM

Yes he is. He made me onion soup and onion bath water. I think he's trying to season me up for Christmas. He heard miss jenny talk about sulfur antibiotics that lead to onions and I have onion water. He smeared my head and throat and feet in Vicks. More cough syrup. As he puts it I'll bake the cold out.

jacqueline101
December 18th, 2014, 03:11 PM

Yes he is. He made me onion soup and onion bath water. I think he's trying to season me up for Christmas. He heard miss jenny talk about sulfur antibiotics that lead to onions and I have onion water. He smeared my head and throat and feet in Vicks. More cough syrup. As he puts it I'll bake the cold out.

hennalonghair
December 18th, 2014, 04:25 PM
I hate my parents:angry:
( with no explanation)

Madora
December 18th, 2014, 04:26 PM
Comcast makes me want to switch to satellite tv! Grrrr!!!

lacefrost
December 18th, 2014, 05:06 PM
My hair won't groooooooow. (whines) Or at least not in a way I can visibly see. Everyone else tells me it's grown but I just don't see it.

Khristopher
December 18th, 2014, 06:01 PM
A frustration thread on first page? Just what I needed! :rolling: Ok, where do I start. This is the first time in months that I have a workng internet conection :mad: I missed LHC so much! So much to catch up.
Anyways, hair: it is unmanageable and it's making me so mad! It's been so dry and tangly for weeks, I have clarified and nothing, conditioning a lot and nothing, even a beer rinse (wich is one of my best tricks) has failed me! I try to detangle it and it breaks and snaps and I'm shedding a lot more now. It makes me sad :-( I want to try a yogurt mask to see if it helps even a little... keeping it in a bun out of the way all day helps because I don't have to deal with it, but when I leave it down it's gross.
And here's another one: it's thinning so much! I was classic+ last month, but I cut between tailbone and classic trying to get thicker ends. Now I have shorter hair and the difference at the ends it's practically none with all the shedding and breackage I had. My boyfriend wants me to cut 5cm more... and I'm considering it..... it's a trade between lenght and thickness, and I'm not sure which is more valuable to me. Ahhh... well, that's my vent, I'm sorry it was so long!
I'm glad to be back, I missed you guys so much :)

sarahchant
December 18th, 2014, 07:46 PM
Not hair related at all...

With 3 days to go until Winter Break (a 2 week vacation) my students are going bananas. They have checked out completely and are acting like a bunch of crazy people. Sigh. It's only 3 more days...

Same here! Tomorrow is our last day (semester test day!) And my students have been bananas! Two weeks might not be enough! ;)

mindwiped
December 18th, 2014, 09:57 PM
RRRRRRrrrrrrrrr When will you move OUT of my house FIL?!?!?! You are half of the adult team that raised DH to be independent and extremely financially responsible, so WTF happened to YOU!!!!! Sorry, he's lived with us for 2 months now, is STILL unemployed, and is lost and clueless about his financial state. I honestly took his debit card, and have paid some of his bills today, because he hadn't since OCTOBER. Then he's confused about how he's got late fees. MIL, I will always love you, and I'm glad you are no longer in pain, but why didn't you retrain him in some of the household crap during the years you were battling cancer? You knew he was going to have to do it himself, and since you didn't we've had to. (Most likely tried, but he wouldn't let her or didn't listen since it was simple stuff-how he views anything related to homemaking, another grrrr) Seriously, he's my father in law, not my son, why am I having to teach him this stuff?!?!?

To the teachers, You have my sympathies...this week stinks as a teacher...I prefer dealing with sick kids on Christmas Day (new career) to healthy ones the week before any time out of school (old one).

Hair-I can't complain...my hands are struggling more with the dry than my hair, and I've always had a KISS philosophy (Keep It Simple, Stupid) towards anything hair makeup or hygiene. I wanna be clean and groomed, but I'm not the type to take hours playing with anything that's not a book or food. My hairstyles are all benign neglect-plain braid (not even french or dutch), twisted up in a fork, nape of neck ponytail, or left down (very rare, I hate it in my eyes, and I'm too wavy/curly to keep it out without a barrette or bobby pin). I have swapped my old, no slip, damaging elastics to the fold-over elastic variety, but otherwise I'm a simple hair and makeup girl 99.9% of the time.

LauraLongLocks
December 18th, 2014, 10:06 PM
Christmas gifts. I hate all the junk that other people get for my kids! Hate it!

jacqueline101
December 20th, 2014, 07:27 PM
My hair won't groooooooow. (whines) Or at least not in a way I can visibly see. Everyone else tells me it's grown but I just don't see it.

I thought I'd measure my hair for growth. Nothing not even a mm of growth.

jacqueline101
December 20th, 2014, 07:28 PM

I thought I'd measure my hair for growth. Nothing not even a mm of growth.

Ambrielle
December 20th, 2014, 09:11 PM
someone boasting about how many xmas cards they got already this year ( "one and we will have 50") to a family member. Family member gets in a clear defensive comparison/competing/ mode by the tone of their voice. i admit i had a good chuckle at the expense of these people so thanks hoarders ;). On a serious note what the hell is wrong with people.

GreenFairy
December 20th, 2014, 10:24 PM
I thought I'd have waist length hair by now.... i feel like it shrinks.
I'm not even at BSL yet. It'll be about 3 more inches until I'm fully BSL.

Avis
December 20th, 2014, 11:18 PM
I got a nice clarifying shampoo and used it yesterday for the second time, but apparently my hair doesn't actually need to be clarified that often since my hair feels a bit dry. I've been trying to find out if my hair likes/dislikes certain things lately and it's really hard for me to tell what's working and what's not. My hair is like an apathetic teenager whose reaction to everything is "meh".

Lots of protein? Meh. Less protein? Meh. Lots of cones? Meh. Less cones? Meh.

I guess the bright side is that my hair can handle cones and protein but I'm just trying to find that one formula that makes my hair feel really great. It normally feels soft and not dry, but I figured that it could feel even softer, but maybe this is the maximum amount of softness my hair can be. :shrug:

winship2
December 22nd, 2014, 10:01 PM
OMG WINTER DANDRUFF. I fortunately don't usually have a problem with this, but this winter, maybe because I'm washing less (scalp twice a week, length once a week) it's really bad on the days I wash! I use very diluted shampoo and cold water and am super gentle with washing, but if I don't lightly oil my scalp before washing, about 10 hours later-- ugh! Scritching and combing and brushing takes care of it until the next time I wash. Maybe I should add CO washing in the winter?

jacqueline101
December 22nd, 2014, 10:25 PM
I'm worried that I've damaged my hair in spots. I combed out broken hairs.

winship2
December 22nd, 2014, 10:35 PM
I'm worried that I've damaged my hair in spots. I combed out broken hairs.

Oh no! Can you think of any particular thing that would have caused the damage?

Adiro
December 23rd, 2014, 12:21 AM
Haven't been around for a little while, and so much has happened....
Madora, thank you, that is very interesting!!!! I have to research now tot see where I could find a sizeable amount of catnip for tea

This might be of interest to you, Adiro, re: catnip for split ends: http://ktanihairsense.blogspot.ca/2009/11/part-3-of-4-on-innovative-approaches-to.html

Halliday
December 23rd, 2014, 01:42 AM
All I can see around me where I live is spoilt children. They have so much and ask for more and more, meanwhile they throw tantrums, scream at their parents, annoy passerbys and run just about everyone over with those effing stupid scooters. WHY do they have to have scooters? WHY can't they just WALK like everyone else??

jacqueline101
December 23rd, 2014, 02:17 AM
Oh no! Can you think of any particular thing that would have caused the damage?

I think when my braid got matted. I combed it I noticed a few small broken hairs.

Naima
December 23rd, 2014, 05:44 AM
I've had a massive shed this summer. And now my ends look so thin, that I want to cut it back to BSL, but it gonna put me back in a year:wail:

wilderwein
December 23rd, 2014, 05:54 AM
I've had a massive shed this summer. And now my ends look so thin, that I want to cut it back to BSL, but it gonna put me back in a year:wail:

I like your hair this way! As it will grow it will look more fairy-ish with the fairytale ends ^^

Naima
December 23rd, 2014, 05:58 AM
Thanks for your kind words)))Now I think I'm ready for "No trims in 2015"))) :o

swords & roses
December 23rd, 2014, 06:50 AM
Hair: My summer/fall shed Will. Not. Stop. >_< So much shedding! And the past week or two, my hair was getting gross much faster than usual. Typically, I can wash every other day, no problem, and stretch a third day on the weekend, if I don't have to impress anyone. But lately, I was looking icky even before my every-other-day wash day. Grr. I blame stress and trying a free sample of Dove S&C. Clearly, my head prefers the $0.75/bottle VO5. Works for me!

Misc: Christmas. Ugh. On Saturday, we did Chirstmas gatherings with both sets of DH's family (his dad & stepmom, and then his bio mom). For the dad & stepmom bunch, there's a TON of people to gift to, including two spoiled children (I'm not a fan of children in general, especially spoiled ones!). And they all have loads of money, while DH and I scrounge from week to week. I put myself into big credit card debt trying to keep up last year. As much as I would love to request we draw names so we don't have to gift to more than one or two people, the step mom is clearly estblished as the ruling matriarch, never ever ever to be questioned or challenged ever. Grr. So the gifts were flying around left & right, and I estimate that the parents dropped at minimum $600 on each of the three family units they gifted to (me & DH, DH's bro & girlfriend, & DH's step-bro & family). Yikes! But I couldn't put us into further debt, so I busted my behind crocheting eight scarves, staying up til 3am the night before the gathering, and crafting until the absolute last minute to get it all done, taking care to choose colors each person liked and styles I thought they might appreciate. I got the socially polite level of thanks from most of the adults. The niece seemed vaguely interested for a moment. The nephew really liked his. But the step mom just had to comment as she put her scarf on: "Oh this is nice and warm! That's great, because I'm always really hot!" Great. So I spent a lot of time & energy & stress to make something for her, and while I understand that it's not suited to her (I didn't know she runs hot all the time), she had to kind of throw it in my face like that. Ugh. Why do I bother? After that fun mess, we spent the rest of the evening over at DH's bio-mom's place. She drives me nuts on the best of days. She has clinical mental issues, but does nothing about them (unsure if that's by choice or not; her issues prevent her from holding a job which would provide insurance to pay for the treatments she needs, and I'm unsure if the government assistance she gets provides anything like that). She was in RARE form of crazy when we were over. I had to take multiple, questionably long bathroom breaks throughout the evening just to get away and vent to friends via texting, and when I was in the same room with her, I did all I could just to keep my darned mouth shut because there was no stopping that crazy train. Then she declared that no, we weren't going to exchange gifts that day. Um, wait, what?? So we are now required to do the evening allllll over again on Christmas day. >_< 8:30pm finally rolled around, and my narcolepsy was coming on, so I said we needed to head home. I was exhausted from scrambling to get the other gifts done, I drove us there, and I have a bad habit of falling asleep at the wheel if I don't get home soon enough after starting to feel tired. So we headed out, and I ignored the bio mom's blatant pouting at our leave-taking. Got home, and I immediately fell asleep on the couch; didn't even make it far enough to change into my pajamas. At about 10pm, we hear a loud ominous knock on the front door, enough to make us both jump and freak just a bit. DH opens the door, and there's bio mom! >_< In a huff, asking DH "Do you ever answer your phone?!" DH: "It died." (We've been having phone issues.) "You forgot your leftovers! Here!" And she shoved a bag into his hands, turned and left without another word. DH and I just looked at each other like, did that just really happen? Ugh. I can handle his bio mom in small scheduled doses when she's having good days. My tolerance has worn much thinner over the 9 years DH and I have been together though. The holidays bring out the most of her bad days.

All I want is a nice, quiet, laid back holiday; no stress, no obligations to go broke. Just a peaceful and calm chance to recharge. But no. I'm not allowed that. I get no say in the matter.

At least no one in my family celebrates Yule. I'm agnostic, so I doubt I do the Yule celebrations correctly. ;) But I loved being able to take the night of Yule all to myself, light a candle, sip a bit of wine, and relax at home with no command appearances anywhere. Ahhh, that was nice!

swords & roses
December 23rd, 2014, 06:50 AM
Ooof, sorry for the huge rant! Apparently I needed that. ;)

LemonFizzy
December 23rd, 2014, 11:57 AM
Hey, this is the vent thread. Don't apologize about the rant. Rants keep us from blowing a cog, especially around the holidays.

swords & roses
December 23rd, 2014, 01:18 PM
Hey, this is the vent thread. Don't apologize about the rant. Rants keep us from blowing a cog, especially around the holidays.

Point. ;)

mindwiped
December 23rd, 2014, 01:54 PM

You dealt with my FIL rant, I've got your MIL rant. Deep breaths, Prayer, even if it's just 'God/Goddess/Divine/Nature, help me through this, please!?!?!?' And know you can blow off steam here.

martyna_22
December 23rd, 2014, 02:09 PM
I have no idea what I should feel anymore. And no idea, what to do, either. I'm just confused...

Halliday
December 23rd, 2014, 02:13 PM
swords and roses, I read your whole rant! That family sounds completely exhausting. His stepmom was so rude to be like that about the scarf as well.

wilderwein
December 23rd, 2014, 05:12 PM
Not about hair but I am frustated!
So I made it to the univeristy I wanted, and I found that a week ago, I told that to one "friend" of mine wich has the same goals, she read the text she decided to not reply and she was uploading photos till today (she is a facebook person and normally she would text me at least 20 times per day) she was not talking to me till today that she found out that she was also has been accepted! And she start the conversation at 1 at night kinda like this "OOOh I didnt noticed you also made it to uni. congratulations I MADE IT TOOO ISNT THAT AWESOME???" why she thinks I'm so stupid? It's not the university that bothers me but this treat of her!

Arete
January 2nd, 2015, 10:47 PM
Ugggh! I hate my hair right now. It looks so thick and nice when it's up or braided, and then I take length shots and it looks so skimpy a sparse. I'm nearly BCL and I don't think it looks long at all when it's down... But I don't want to trim it either as the ends are perfectly healthy and not thinning out, I just have a weird hemline as I'm growing out mild layers and the shortest is starting to play catch up and making it look stupid. Dumb hair! :taz:

Adiro
January 3rd, 2015, 12:46 AM
I am never going to reach tail bone length....
Last week I asked my mother in law to take off a half centimetre, just to keep the ends healthy, and like 3 centimetres went down on .the floor... Now I am again a palm length away from tail bone, and I am so tall ( I'm 5'8" ) that my hair doesn't ever look long enough on me....

hanne jensen
January 3rd, 2015, 11:52 AM
No matter what I do my hair is dry and brittle. I can snap a shed hair in two with no effort.

Arete
January 3rd, 2015, 11:55 AM
I am never going to reach tail bone length....
Last week I asked my mother in law to take off a half centimetre, just to keep the ends healthy, and like 3 centimetres went down on .the floor... Now I am again a palm length away from tail bone, and I am so tall ( I'm 5'8" ) that my hair doesn't ever look long enough on me....

I'm so sorry Adiro! That's a major bummer :( :grouphug: I'm 5'8 as well and I feel you about feeling like you're never going to conquer the torso.

Johannah
January 3rd, 2015, 12:01 PM
I want iii hair so badly.

Mimha
January 3rd, 2015, 01:03 PM
Aaaaaaah why all these super long healthy hair are shedding in my washbasin instead of remaining on my head ???? :justy:

jacqueline101
January 3rd, 2015, 01:24 PM
Dollar general discontinued getting lotta body hair setting lotion.

TrapperCreekD
January 3rd, 2015, 01:44 PM
Ugggh! I hate my hair right now. It looks so thick and nice when it's up or braided, and then I take length shots and it looks so skimpy a sparse. I'm nearly BCL and I don't think it looks long at all when it's down... But I don't want to trim it either as the ends are perfectly healthy and not thinning out, I just have a weird hemline as I'm growing out mild layers and the shortest is starting to play catch up and making it look stupid. Dumb hair! :taz:

Do you take most of your photos with flash? I find flash takes the depth out, making my hair appear thinner. If I do two pictures taken minutes apart, one with flash and one with out, it always looks fuller in the flash-less photo.

Red'N'Curly
January 3rd, 2015, 03:03 PM
My mom is visiting us an I get frustrated to no end with the way she treats her poor hair! We have the exact same hair type. She shampoos and blow dries every day, rips through it with a brush, keeps it just 3" long and covers the grays. As her face ages, it's starting to look kinda fake. It could be so pretty :/

On an entertaining note, last s&d I noticed several grays that reach my hemline. I call them "highlights"

CremeTron
January 3rd, 2015, 03:41 PM
Wow Red'N'Curly! Not like me to just randomly say something like this but your hair and your face are so strikingly pretty and unique!

mermaid lullaby
January 3rd, 2015, 04:18 PM
My hair won't behave today!
I have a cowlick and its driving me crazy :mad:

Red'N'Curly
January 3rd, 2015, 07:22 PM
Wow Red'N'Curly! Not like me to just randomly say something like this but your hair and your face are so strikingly pretty and unique!

Haha, aw thanks CremeTron. But you should see my beautiful sister! (And btw, your eyes are fascinating. Deep and piercing. Like a heroine from a fantasy novel!)

Nadine <3
January 3rd, 2015, 08:46 PM
instead of venting, can I just scream? lol I'm having a terrible anxious day and everyone in the house is hell bent on making it 10x worse!

skeletonous
January 5th, 2015, 07:49 PM
Missing my hair length when it was at its longest, I've estimated it's going to take around 2 years to get back to close to that. It was MBL maybe waist. :(

I think the fact that I can only make a bun nub right now is part of the reason I'm thinking about it...I know my hair will probably never be this short again but it's so hard to be patient when so many people here have beautiful hair that's longer than I've ever had it and can do fantastic braids and buns and such. At least by Christmas this year (let's hope!) it'll be long enough to do a proper bun near the top of my head and it won't be as frustrating. But it's a little hard for me to even think that far into the future...not quite sure what to do.

skeletonous
January 5th, 2015, 08:37 PM
^ this is really making me more depressed than I usually get at night...I guess the LHC is the place where it sounds the least silly to say that. Trying to distract myself.

jacqueline101
January 5th, 2015, 09:03 PM
My hair is acting like a monster it's wanting to unbraid itself.

LauraLongLocks
January 5th, 2015, 09:23 PM
Headrests and buns!

woodswanderer
January 5th, 2015, 09:55 PM
It really helps my hair dry faster if I finger comb, but people look at me like I am a complete nut, so I have to try and be a little stealthy about it.

Kome
January 5th, 2015, 10:09 PM
I'm trying not to eat late at night anymore and I was doing so good until like twenty minutes ago and then I ate all the things. *sigh* Working on it. I WILL GET THERE. And the worst part is that I feel SO guilty and also really ill from what I ate. Blech.

Robot Ninja
January 6th, 2015, 07:52 AM
I'm trying not to eat late at night anymore and I was doing so good until like twenty minutes ago and then I ate all the things. *sigh* Working on it. I WILL GET THERE. And the worst part is that I feel SO guilty and also really ill from what I ate. Blech.

Been there, done that. Here's what worked for me: if you get the urge to eat late at night, eat something small and with protein in it. A handful of nuts, a cup of yogurt, something like that. Don't try to ignore it, it will only get worse and then you will eat all the things. And then brush your teeth.

jacqueline101
January 6th, 2015, 11:19 AM
My hair bag I made yesterday is too short it's only long enough for waist length hair. I didn't have enough fabric for my normal size. Oh well on that. My hair has behaving and it's got the itchies. I get the itchies just before it grows.

lindsayhv
January 6th, 2015, 11:24 AM
Missing my hair length when it was at its longest, I've estimated it's going to take around 2 years to get back to close to that. It was MBL maybe waist. :(

I think the fact that I can only make a bun nub right now is part of the reason I'm thinking about it...I know my hair will probably never be this short again but it's so hard to be patient when so many people here have beautiful hair that's longer than I've ever had it and can do fantastic braids and buns and such. At least by Christmas this year (let's hope!) it'll be long enough to do a proper bun near the top of my head and it won't be as frustrating. But it's a little hard for me to even think that far into the future...not quite sure what to do.

you'll just have to hang out with other choppers like me until we all get longer!!! I feel just like you do....Really hate my short hair and really miss my waist length hair. I also feel like its going to take forever to get it back!

LauraLongLocks
January 6th, 2015, 01:20 PM
I'm a crunchy gal, into natural stuff and prevention, and have a lot of crunchy friends. But sometimes my crunchy friends blow my mind. After posting on FB that my MRI shows a tear of my cartilage, I had friends recommending their supplements and herbs to me to fix it. Sorry, but no supplement can fix a tear. My tear is going to need surgery most likely.

Same thing when my oldest son was 5 years old. He was hospitalized because his white blood cells started attacking his red blood cells. He had auto-immune hemolytic anemia. He required steroids and two blood transfusions. Here came all my crunchy friends telling me that all that stuff at the hospital was unnecessary, and they have homeopathic stuff that could have fixed it. Really?

And again, when I had a cesarean section with my last live birth. It was an emergency. I had a fever which my baby was not tolerating. His heartrate was in the 200s, not variable, and then he started having late decelerations. He needed out. He was dying inside me. But some of my crunchy friends declared that I was no longer a true natural birther (after 11 previous natural births!) and had gone the way of the mainstream. Some of them have really written me off now because I am taking the pre-requisites for nursing school, with the end goal of being a nurse-midwife (they like to call nurse-midwives MEDwives).

Hey, I'm all into natural methods to support health, but when things really go awry, I'm thankful for MODERN WESTERN MEDICINE.

And yes, my MRI results just came back. I have a tear of the cartilage in my knee, but not the meniscus cartilage. I will likely need surgery. Right now I cannot run. I have to be careful when I walk so that I don't cause pain. I cannot walk any meaningful distance at a decent pace. Pretty much any kind of exercise that involves moving my knee in any fashion, with or without resistance, causes pain. So, no exercise right now, and that's another frustration of mine. The lack of exercise, and the suggestions from well-meaning people that I just need to find another type of exercise. Folks, ALL exercise is out right now. Any type of movement is irritating to my knee, all except the exercises my PT recommended to me. Those don't hurt, but they aren't cardio, either.

LemonFizzy
January 6th, 2015, 03:58 PM
Yeah,sometimes people just don't 'get it.' And they're not going to get it until the exact same thing happens to them. Natural and alternative therapies are wonderful, but so is the intervention of mainstream medical treatment. Can you imagine looking at someone with a gunshot wound or other intense trauma and telling them to try some herbal tincture or work on getting their biofeedback score in tune?

Having people give you grief over choices is a wonderful opportunity - to uninvite them out of your life. Or at least reduce the amount of import you give to their words.

Sorry you're in pain right now. Have a cup of tea? I could go for a Cup of Calm for myself right now, mmm English lavender. ;)

höpönasu
January 6th, 2015, 04:20 PM
I assume I can vent not hair related things too? Good. I'll add a hair related one too. :o

Not being able to get myself together. I've been jobless for several months, at least 3-4. I haven't done anything productive, I sleep all day and stay up all night. I'm really struggling to get my sleeping schedule back together. I've had few 24h sleep marathons because I've woken up so late I just decide to sleep until the next morning.

And hair related: I hate, hate getting these urges to do something with my hair. It's annoying! :rant: Glad that I'm lazy I end up doing nothing more than an oil treatment.

Ambrielle
January 6th, 2015, 04:23 PM
I'm a crunchy gal, into natural stuff and prevention, and have a lot of crunchy friends. But sometimes my crunchy friends blow my mind. After posting on FB that my MRI shows a tear of my cartilage, I had friends recommending their supplements and herbs to me to fix it. Sorry, but no supplement can fix a tear. My tear is going to need surgery most likely.

Same thing when my oldest son was 5 years old. He was hospitalized because his white blood cells started attacking his red blood cells. He had auto-immune hemolytic anemia. He required steroids and two blood transfusions. Here came all my crunchy friends telling me that all that stuff at the hospital was unnecessary, and they have homeopathic stuff that could have fixed it. Really?

And again, when I had a cesarean section with my last live birth. It was an emergency. I had a fever which my baby was not tolerating. His heartrate was in the 200s, not variable, and then he started having late decelerations. He needed out. He was dying inside me. But some of my crunchy friends declared that I was no longer a true natural birther (after 11 previous natural births!) and had gone the way of the mainstream. Some of them have really written me off now because I am taking the pre-requisites for nursing school, with the end goal of being a nurse-midwife (they like to call nurse-midwives MEDwives).

Hey, I'm all into natural methods to support health, but when things really go awry, I'm thankful for MODERN WESTERN MEDICINE.

And yes, my MRI results just came back. I have a tear of the cartilage in my knee, but not the meniscus cartilage. I will likely need surgery. Right now I cannot run. I have to be careful when I walk so that I don't cause pain. I cannot walk any meaningful distance at a decent pace. Pretty much any kind of exercise that involves moving my knee in any fashion, with or without resistance, causes pain. So, no exercise right now, and that's another frustration of mine. The lack of exercise, and the suggestions from well-meaning people that I just need to find another type of exercise. Folks, ALL exercise is out right now. Any type of movement is irritating to my knee, all except the exercises my PT recommended to me. Those don't hurt, but they aren't cardio, either.

Oh Laura, so sorry to hear about your knee :grouphug: i can imagine how you feel to an extent, physical/cardio exercise, walking for hours etc is part of my schedule and keeps me sane aswell.

Ambrielle
January 6th, 2015, 04:30 PM
my neighbor isn't pleased i have been feeding a couple of stray cats. I wish they'd pee & poop all over his car.

Robot Ninja
January 6th, 2015, 04:50 PM

I wonder if your crunchy friends also oppose cars and electricity and other modern inventions? Or if it's just the ones that can save your life.

LauraLongLocks
January 6th, 2015, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the support. I just get a bit bent out of shape when I'm declared not "crunchy" enough for some people. And the knee is disappointing, but I am glad that something was found in the MRI and it's not all in my head.

chen bao jun
January 6th, 2015, 06:22 PM
They'd all already be dead without modern medicine and the few surviving would be toothless bent crones at age 40. Take them on a third world trip and they would see.
I ran down the great Wall of China 6 Mos after my meniscus surgery, which was so modern you can't even see a scar. Lack of aerobic exercise for a bit did me no harm. The thing is to be faithful about physical therapy afterwards.
People get on a band wagon and do not know when to stop. No, we don't need to eat genetically engineered fast food, it's no good, yes, we take too many antibiotics, no, I am not going back to living with an outhouse and dying of preventable disease. Like my brother died at 2 years because he dehydrated and there was no such thing as Pedialyte and no clean water either, 50% of kids died like that where I was born before age 5, that's the natural life for you, it's not great.
You need to be VERY privileged to fall into certain kinds of idiocy.

Arete
January 6th, 2015, 10:02 PM
AMEN to chen bao jun and Laura Long Locks. I'm majoring in Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Technologist, not Technician), and people who are "crumbly" (crunchy folks that have gone too far) drive me NUTS.
And if I say something to correct their misconceptions, the first thing out of their mouth is "Of course you'd say that, you're in medicine." :justy: It's like they think I'm in some sort of conspiracy, or that modern medicine is a complete lie. And the fact that I am "in medicine (well. almost, sit my boards in a little more than a year) completely invalidates ANYTHING I say in their eyes.
I play with this stuff in lab all day, of course I know NOTHING about microbes et al. :brickwall

skeletonous
January 6th, 2015, 10:11 PM
you'll just have to hang out with other choppers like me until we all get longer!!! I feel just like you do....Really hate my short hair and really miss my waist length hair. I also feel like its going to take forever to get it back!

Gladly :) at least we have other people to complain to that are in the same boat! ;)

LauraLongLocks
January 6th, 2015, 10:49 PM
They'd all already be dead without modern medicine and the few surviving would be toothless bent crones at age 40. Take them on a third world trip and they would see.
I ran down the great Wall of China 6 Mos after my meniscus surgery, which was so modern you can't even see a scar. Lack of aerobic exercise for a bit did me no harm. The thing is to be faithful about physical therapy afterwards.
People get on a band wagon and do not know when to stop. No, we don't need to eat genetically engineered fast food, it's no good, yes, we take too many antibiotics, no, I am not going back to living with an outhouse and dying of preventable disease. Like my brother died at 2 years because he dehydrated and there was no such thing as Pedialyte and no clean water either, 50% of kids died like that where I was born before age 5, that's the natural life for you, it's not great.
You need to be VERY privileged to fall into certain kinds of idiocy.

AMEN to chen bao jun and Laura Long Locks. I'm majoring in Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Technologist, not Technician), and people who are "crumbly" (crunchy folks that have gone too far) drive me NUTS.
And if I say something to correct their misconceptions, the first thing out of their mouth is "Of course you'd say that, you're in medicine." :justy: It's like they think I'm in some sort of conspiracy, or that modern medicine is a complete lie. And the fact that I am "in medicine (well. almost, sit my boards in a little more than a year) completely invalidates ANYTHING I say in their eyes.
I play with this stuff in lab all day, of course I know NOTHING about microbes et al. :brickwall

Thank you for the validation!!! I can see I'm preaching to the choir.

Hey, I did a little 10 minute workout in a chair from YouTube. It was um, boring, and um, ridiculous looking, but I was moving. My heartrate went up very slightly, and I didn't break a sweat, but at least I feel less like a blob.

Oh wait! This is supposed to be a frustration venting thread. Sorry... I'm too much of an optimist to stay upset for very long.

Zin79
January 7th, 2015, 12:33 AM
Oh God...APL hair sucks! I sooo want long hair :'( I am buying this local oil called Rapunzel's Secret and it has 6 diff oil+6 diff herbs mixed in it. The reviews all claim that this oil is amazing so I thought to give it a try. I'm going to college in April, so, before that I want to make sure that I have grown 4-5 inches hair! :D

elizk
January 7th, 2015, 01:06 AM
Thank you, DragonAngel, I sooooo need this thread right now.

I am new to the LHC, although I've lurked here once in a while. I'm (attempting) to get serious about my waist-length hair. In aid of that (although I will be looking into the "keep after your split ends without getting them trimmed" ideas here), I went to get a couple of inches trimmed off. It was way overdue and worth the minimal loss of length because those two inches were fried like those onions on a Thanksgiving green bean casserole. A friend recommended the stylist. However - as you might imagine - all did not go well.

I should have known when the stylist reached for a rubber brush as soon as I sat down in the chair (after a shampoo). I stopped her before she started but she was clueless. It was as if this older, experienced hair stylist had never heard that brushing long, wet hair will basically rip it out by the handful. Ack. I actually ended up taking my de-tangling comb out of my purse and giving it to her to use, after first offering to comb it myself since she seemed so uncomfortable with it. She tried to convince me that the rubber brush on wet hair thing was fine but I wasn't having it. Period. I may not have been taking great care of my hair recently but nobody else is going to wreck it!

Anyway, it was okay after that. I think I scared her which was probably for the best. She did NOT go over the two inches I asked her to take off. Lucky for her because I was in a semi-snit already over the rubber brush and cluelessness.

Okay - now I feel all vented and better! Thanks for giving me a place to spill it to a bunch of folks who will really understand how I felt.

lindsayhv
January 7th, 2015, 03:18 AM
This insomnia is killing me.

jacqueline101
January 7th, 2015, 06:07 AM
My first satin sleep cap needs resown a seam is coming undone. Oh well I'll wear another one for my sleep journey.

veryhairyfairy
January 7th, 2015, 07:49 AM
Oh my goodness, I was giggling out loud at 'crumbly', Arete! :rollin:

I've got empathy for you, Laura, because I've been there with crunchy friends, too. I found myself drifting away from those 'friends' because I just couldn't stand spending time with people who would put my life choices down like they did. (Now, I can't just stop talking to my Mom, so I've had to make healing in general a verboten subject because all I want to do is lecture her on her many health problems that she proclaims can be fixed with natural things -- but of course she doesn't do those natural things, and is in fact knowingly killing herself in four different ways... whoops, a rant happened lol!)

It's frustrating because I do have some similar beliefs to some of the crumblies, (too many antibiotics, too many prescription drugs period, etc) but I also know that modern medicine is there for us to take advantage of when necessary.

I hope your knee heals up as soon as possible, I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't be as active as I'd like! (has anyone suggested some heavy -10 lbs- dumbbells for upper body working out? I can work up a sweat with mine!)

LauraLongLocks
January 7th, 2015, 11:23 AM
veryhairyfairy, I think you empathize perfectly. Thank you.

skeletonous
January 7th, 2015, 11:29 AM
I don't think I'm going to be able to use my Eads for a while...I tried doing a half up with them and it came undone very quickly. I have slippery hair, so I can see why.

Arete
January 7th, 2015, 06:41 PM
Just want to throw out there, that minimizing antibiotic use and drug use is NOT a crumbly belief, but is held by many folks that don't consider themselves crunchy in any way. At the same time, we also need to get rid of the fear many folks have of prescription drugs (particularly for mental illnesses) and that they will "change" them somehow, and thus people refusing treatment that really could help them. Not to negate anything in your post veryhairyfairy :)

minaa
January 7th, 2015, 06:54 PM
Got my hair cut today. 2 inches, i.e. back at waist. Going to post an image in the waist -> TBL thread to commiserate there. But... it was necessary. I had so many splits, even with S&D. New ones kept popping up. And, the long layers were getting too wispy for my liking... so, I went in to get a straight cut and the ends are so much better now. I'll have to wait another couple of months to get back to this point, but at least it's healthier looking and fuller each time it grows out. :)

Still. Wah! I didn't want to cut for another few months. This early trim makes me pout.

chen bao jun
January 7th, 2015, 07:00 PM
My birth family issues never go away and I keep think I am learning to handle them better, and I don't. I am so sick of being bitten in the butt by stuff my grandparents did or even great grandparents years and years before I was even born and being made miserable by it.

skeletonous
January 8th, 2015, 11:32 AM
I am so tired of thinking my hair is all clipped back and then locks slip out, causing me to use more clips. Just be freaking long enough for me to put it all in a bun that actually stays!!! :chillpill:

KittyBird
January 8th, 2015, 11:45 AM
I see members here with apl/bsl hair, and I wish my hair was that length too! I know that I probably wouldn't be able to bun it and I would probably get sick of wearing it down all the time after a week, but it still seems so tempting to chop. I love having very long hair, but at the same time it would be awesome to not very long hair. :mad:

skeletonous
January 8th, 2015, 12:06 PM
I see members here with apl/bsl hair, and I wish my hair was that length too! I know that I probably wouldn't be able to bun it and I would probably get sick of wearing it down all the time after a week, but it still seems so tempting to chop. I love having very long hair, but at the same time it would be awesome to not very long hair. :mad:

You'd be able to bun it at BSL (99% sure) :) my mom is going through something similar; she has longer hair (not sure if MBL or waist) but she really wants it cut to around the length that mine is right now. I've told her that you can't tie it/clip it very easily out of your face (or even braid it really except for the front sections) but she doesn't seem to care lol, I think having long hair for a long time sometimes makes you want to change it up.

KittyBird
January 8th, 2015, 12:53 PM
Maybe I'd be able to bun if I had tons of layers and did sectioned buns.. Otherwise, nope. I have very thick hair and couldn't put it up comfortably before I reached hip. I did bun at waist, but those were some really tight buns! :p I'll have to ponder this some more, and also discuss it with dbf. He adores my hair:o

Nadine <3
January 8th, 2015, 01:15 PM
Why does my brother find it necessary to walk into the room and tell me I need to shower. Boy, I know my hair is greasy but it is my day off. I will sit at this table in my robe and greasy hair until I feel it is shower time. Until that time if my dirty hair bothers you then don't look.

LauraLongLocks
January 8th, 2015, 01:22 PM
I just wanted to sit for a few short minutes with my hair down, letting it dry fully, but my little kids would not stop tangling themselves up in it.

lindsayhv
January 8th, 2015, 01:28 PM
Maybe I'd be able to bun if I had tons of layers and did sectioned buns.. Otherwise, nope. I have very thick hair and couldn't put it up comfortably before I reached hip. I did bun at waist, but those were some really tight buns! :p I'll have to ponder this some more, and also discuss it with dbf. He adores my hair:o

I may not be able to bun at APL-BSL now that I cut out all my layers. It was easier to when I had the layers. Having my hair cut short showed me how thick it really is when it's not layered.

Vik
January 8th, 2015, 01:43 PM
My frustration is solely about myself, it started with good news, after about a year of dead in the water, because I forgot my login and life just happened, I had an epiphany about LHC and my login credentials last night ... and tada. :cheer:

Rude awakening: after the initial excitement wore off I realized I feel like a drooling idiot, can barely navigate and find NOTHING. WOW, you'd think I've never seen a website before. :brickwall

To top it off, I so do not know why I chose THIS as a username, already emailed the admins to see about getting that changed, but those chances are likely slim to non-existent. Also, my email is outdated, that account does not exist anymore, so I wanted to change it to my main email and guess what, they hate @outlook.com emails.... *sigh*

I literally feel like the first human on earth today.

lindsayhv
January 8th, 2015, 01:58 PM
Ugh, It's so hard being on LHC after a massive chop. So many beautiful heads of hair and ideas for all the LOOOOOONG hair. I feel like an outsider now :( My husband asked me, do you have to leave your forum now that you got your hair cut? That made me sad.

CremeTron
January 8th, 2015, 01:59 PM
Haha, aw thanks CremeTron. But you should see my beautiful sister! (And btw, your eyes are fascinating. Deep and piercing. Like a heroine from a fantasy novel!)

aww thanks!

LauraLongLocks
January 8th, 2015, 05:02 PM
Ugh, It's so hard being on LHC after a massive chop. So many beautiful heads of hair and ideas for all the LOOOOOONG hair. I feel like an outsider now :( My husband asked me, do you have to leave your forum now that you got your hair cut? That made me sad.

You need some inspiration:

Here I am in June 2006, with MBL hair. I kept it BSL to MBL for ten years.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/Bestbirth/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/th_HopewithLauraJune302006.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Bestbirth/media/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/HopewithLauraJune302006.jpg.html)

Here I am in July of 2008, two months after having a very short pixie cut -
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/Bestbirth/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/th_APR08-09064-1.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Bestbirth/media/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/APR08-09064-1.jpg.html)

September 2008 -
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/Bestbirth/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/th_c48066d4-95cb-4dc9-8080-ccd37c1035c7.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Bestbirth/media/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/c48066d4-95cb-4dc9-8080-ccd37c1035c7.jpg.html)

February 2009 -
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/Bestbirth/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/th_APR08-09138.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Bestbirth/media/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/APR08-09138.jpg.html)

June 2009 -
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/Bestbirth/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/th_LauraPrego016.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Bestbirth/media/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/LauraPrego016.jpg.html)

November 2009 -
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/Bestbirth/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/th_16443_1272620059131_5634775_n-1-1.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Bestbirth/media/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/16443_1272620059131_5634775_n-1-1.jpg.html)

February 2010 -
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/Bestbirth/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/th_045.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Bestbirth/media/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/045.jpg.html)

Summer 2010 -
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/Bestbirth/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/th_009.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Bestbirth/media/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/009.jpg.html)

July 2011 (before the bangs were cut) -
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/Bestbirth/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/th_053.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Bestbirth/media/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/053.jpg.html)

Continued in next post...

LauraLongLocks
January 8th, 2015, 05:10 PM
July 2011, after the bangs were cut -
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/Bestbirth/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/th_002-4.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Bestbirth/media/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/002-4.jpg.html)

Fall 2012 (after a hack layering job was done before I could speak up and scream NOOOOO) -
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/Bestbirth/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/th_IMG_20120923_190715.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Bestbirth/media/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/IMG_20120923_190715.jpg.html)

Summer 2013 (a few weeks after having a cesarean section, thus the lumpy belly) -
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/Bestbirth/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/th_013.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Bestbirth/media/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/013.jpg.html)

October 2013 (when I joined LHC) -
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/Bestbirth/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/th_001.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Bestbirth/media/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/001.jpg.html)

May 2014 -
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/Bestbirth/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/th_010-1.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Bestbirth/media/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/010-1.jpg.html)

January to December 2014 -
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/Bestbirth/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/th_picisto-20141231204933-857632.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Bestbirth/media/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/picisto-20141231204933-857632.jpg.html)

All pics are clickable in both posts. Your hair will grow back. You can see I have had some setbacks with all my trims and hackjobs. You will get there again and it will be better than ever because it will be so healthy and well-cared for.

hannabiss
January 8th, 2015, 05:47 PM
Very inspirational pics lauralonglocks!

minaa
January 8th, 2015, 06:03 PM

Bunning at waist takes some determination, let me tell you (as someone who buns at waist). I think our hair is similar thickness, too. Tight buns take on an entirely new meaning x_x

skeletonous
January 8th, 2015, 06:56 PM

Seconded! Definitely inspirational. :)

lindsayhv
January 8th, 2015, 08:35 PM
Thank you laura! I needed that! So all in all how long did it take you to get from pixie to where you are now? You are so sweet to share all those to help my hair gloom!

jacqueline101
January 8th, 2015, 09:02 PM
My rant is every time I eat a food high in iron or take my multivitamin I have a metal taste in my mouth.

LauraLongLocks
January 9th, 2015, 09:17 AM

Seconded! Definitely inspirational. :) Thank you, both!

Thank you laura! I needed that! So all in all how long did it take you to get from pixie to where you are now? You are so sweet to share all those to help my hair gloom!

You're welcome. I cut my pixie out of desperation in May 2008. I discovered lice and I couldn't wait for my husband to pick them out for me. He said he couldn't do it until the next day. There was no way I was going to live with those critters in my head for an additional 24 hours, especially since I had spent so much time working on all the kids' heads. I couldn't imagine a way to pick them out myself, because I never considered sectioning and oiling. I had also been experiencing some hair boredom, after being at BSL-MBL for 10 years. I had too-frequent trims and never could understand why my hair wouldn't grow (I always wanted super-length, at least TBL). I also was not in the habit of wearing it up because I was told by stylists that wearing it up damaged it (well, it can, if you have unfriendly hair accessories), so my hair had a lot of mechanical damage to it from tangling and rough combing. So, I ponytailed it, and lopped off a good 10 inches, then tried to neaten it up, which was a total fail. A friend had to come and do her best to make it look neat. It was horrible the first few months, really.

A few months into my grow-out, I really wasn't sure if I wanted to grow it back. So many people complimented me on how young I looked, and how it took off 10 years to have all that hair gone. Really? I was 31 at the time. I looked 21 years old all of a sudden? So, I visited the salons frequently and kept it neatly cut into some sort of style while growing it from pixie to shoulder length, sometime in mid to late 2009. In 2009 I decided I wanted it long again. An old friend from high school saw me with it short (I had it pixie to chin length in high school) and I wanted to scream, "This isn't me! This isn't what I look like! I had long hair for 10 years! If only you could have seen me then!" I knew then that I wasn't really in love with the short hair, and that I would rather have it long again. I am a longhair. That's me. So for a time I felt like I was a longhair living in a short-haired person's body, if that makes any sense at all.

From 2009 to 2011, I just let it grow, trimming it once every 3-4 months, and it was healthy and beautiful. Then I got a wild hair up my nose and the old hair boredom returned, and I cut bangs and layers in July 2011. I kept the bangs, and have mostly grown out and trimmed off the layers. I think I have maybe another inch or so of layering on the bottom, but it blends so well, you can't really tell, except for the thin ends. Now I'm growing out the bangs, too. After loving them for 2.5 years, I decided I was ready for a change, and that clip-ins would work for the times I miss my bangs. I'm a year into growing out my bangs and they are now to my lips.

So, how long would it have taken without the frequent salon visits until 2010, and growing out the layers from 2011 to now? I haven't any idea. Including all my trims and cuts, it has been 6.5 years to get where I am now, at 86 cm. My hair grew 13 cm in 2014 and I trimmed off 2 cm, for a net gain of 11 cm. I expect it will be a year to BCL, and another year to TBL. I believe TBL will become my minimum length, but I want to see if I can get to knee length. Then I want to go to my 30th high school reunion and knock their socks off with my superlength hair. Not really, I'm sure no one even remembers me or cares. It was a big graduating class. But the idea is there... I will have knee length hair in my mid-40s, if my genetics allow it.

Anyway, I think since you didn't start at a pixie, and you already know about excellent hair care, your journey will be much swifter than mine. You also won't be getting it cut into a trendy style every couple of months like I did at the beginning of my growth journey. I look forward to your updates. Your hair will grow back and be wonderful! Don't forget to enjoy it in the meantime. Life is too short to hate your hair, even for a few minutes. A little heat styling every now and then can help you feel beautiful and won't cause horrible damage if you don't do it all the time. Just use lower temps and try to limit it to once every couple of weeks. Definitely use the blowdryer on cool or warm while bent at the waist to give yourself some root volume (something I haven't seen in years... root volume!) at very least. That should help you feel nice about it and not cause any damage at all. Good luck. You will have long hair again. You're a long hair... you just have short hair temporarily.

jacqueline101
January 9th, 2015, 11:27 AM
Frustrated my measuring day won't hurry fast enough.

skeletonous
January 9th, 2015, 06:47 PM
LLL, once again very inspiring! :flower:

A lot of the time I feel like a long-hair in a short-hair's body, it's nice to have it put into words. Even after almost a year of growing out my pixie cut (with mullet trims) I still feel that way. I'll probably feel that way until my hair is at least APL, it might take until BSL or longer...maybe when I can finally bun it whenever that will be.

It doesn't help that almost all the other girls in my classes have MBL hair...makes me feel like I made a mistake even though I did nothing wrong :lol:. Ah well.

MaryO
January 9th, 2015, 11:53 PM
Hair- I wish I could just find that style that my hair likes! Blunt or layered? Tell me hair...

jacqueline101
January 10th, 2015, 07:24 AM
I gained one inch only one inch on measure day. I measure monthly I was sure the itchies were my friend.

skeletonous
January 10th, 2015, 09:59 AM
My hair is greasy from my coconut oil treatment yesterday even though I shampooed afterwards :justy: debating on using DBF's SLS shampoo before I have to go out tonight or just WO and then use my shampoo at home later.

lindsayhv
January 10th, 2015, 03:29 PM
I gained one inch only one inch on measure day. I measure monthly I was sure the itchies were my friend.

one inch in a month is very good!

jacqueline101
January 10th, 2015, 03:45 PM
one inch in a month is very good!

Thanks. I guess I was wanting a miracle foot of growth.

Clarkie
January 10th, 2015, 04:58 PM
Thanks. I guess I was wanting a miracle foot of growth.

I would be thrilled to grow 1 inch per month. I've only grown 1 inch in slightly over 2 months. I think I'm going to start using a coffee scalp treatment once or twice weekly pre-wash to see if it helps.

Eastbound&Down
January 10th, 2015, 05:57 PM
I really want to dye my hair to a natural shade of red but my husband says he absolutely HATES the shade I have my heart set on :( I am so sad

jacqueline101
January 10th, 2015, 06:30 PM
I would be thrilled to grow 1 inch per month. I've only grown 1 inch in slightly over 2 months. I think I'm going to start using a coffee scalp treatment once or twice weekly pre-wash to see if it helps.

I'm using monistat with mint oil, water. I do this three times a week. My inch was a let down I thought the monistat would give me better growth. I'm going to stop using it for a while. I stop every know and then. I'm going to try caffein pills. I need a pill cutter the pills I got are 200mg tabs. I'm afraid that amount would be too strong for 8 ounce bottle. I'm doing mine as a leave in. I think I'll try this on the weekend.

skeletonous
January 10th, 2015, 08:58 PM
My hair is greasy from my coconut oil treatment yesterday even though I shampooed afterwards :justy: debating on using DBF's SLS shampoo before I have to go out tonight or just WO and then use my shampoo at home later.

Was able to use some of his mom's Ion brand shampoo (sulfate substitutes, no parabens, etc...she has color treated hair) and then a thick conditioner that my grandma bought me that my hair seems to like. :) It's not cruelty free though :( so once it's gone I won't personally purchase it again. I wonder if Ion also has a thick conditioner though, because they are cruelty free! :D

veryhairyfairy
January 11th, 2015, 08:43 AM
My taper!!! :gah:

For some reason, it was easier to handle the severe taper I have from ~BSL down when I thought it was always that tapered... but after I looked at old photos of my braids I realized that there has been a LOT of breakage recently, causing my braid to get thinner.

I just have to keep telling myself that three years (how long it will take me to grow out the damage/taper) is going to fly by.
(at least I got to make a pun with my avatar!) :lol:

thefreakingmoon
January 11th, 2015, 08:51 AM
Why do people only seem to drive with the window down when I'm wearing my hair down? I know it's probably just confirmation bias, but come on! It's the middle of winter anyway, whaddya need the window down for?! I don't want to show up at the function with messy hair, okay?

RachelRose
January 11th, 2015, 08:59 AM
I used a touch too much mineral oil :/ oh well. My real gripe is finding a split end in the car without my scissors handy ( I though I cut all those little beast off and I try to be so careful with my hair

jacqueline101
January 11th, 2015, 11:27 AM
My brothers cat buttercup had my damp wash cloth on the floor where he was washing the top of his head. Scrubbing his head on my wash cloth. My bbb was on the floor and combs. He managed knock the brush on it's back brushing his cheeks.

LauraLongLocks
January 11th, 2015, 11:28 AM
My taper!!! :gah:

For some reason, it was easier to handle the severe taper I have from ~BSL down when I thought it was always that tapered... but after I looked at old photos of my braids I realized that there has been a LOT of breakage recently, causing my braid to get thinner.

I just have to keep telling myself that three years (how long it will take me to grow out the damage/taper) is going to fly by.
(at least I got to make a pun with my avatar!) :lol:

I noticed your pun. It made me smile, even though I can understand how upsetting it must be for you. Three years WILL fly by. Are you going to maintain your current length for now?

jfg1987
January 11th, 2015, 08:02 PM
I'm 4 months into growing out a very short pixie and my hair is at that stage where it's too long to wear it like a pixie but too short to do anything with...I guess that's called a shag? It's a hot mess, I hate it!

I just bought some headbands and sweet mercy it's such a relief to just brush my hair back and be done with it.

veryhairyfairy
January 11th, 2015, 08:31 PM
I noticed your pun. It made me smile, even though I can understand how upsetting it must be for you. Three years WILL fly by. Are you going to maintain your current length for now?

I think that after I maintain at TBL this year, I'll grow to classic and maintain there for another year. After that, I think I'm just going to play it by ear, but I figure I'll probably just grow at half speed for two more years.

Thankfully, I'll be starting nursing school in the fall, and that will definitely take most of my attention for the next two years. :)

Khristopher
January 11th, 2015, 08:48 PM
My brothers cat buttercup had my damp wash cloth on the floor where he was washing the top of his head. Scrubbing his head on my wash cloth. My bbb was on the floor and combs. He managed knock the brush on it's back brushing his cheeks.

That actually sounds adorable :p but yeah, cats can be a mess sometimes.

Rant for today: I have lice. Effin lice! How the heck did I get it? And dealing with it is meking me go up the wall. I'm losing lot's of hair when combing with a fine toothed comb to get them out, and it's seems they'll never go away. At least my boyfriend didn't got them from me...

ARG
January 11th, 2015, 10:28 PM
Layers. LAYERS!:steam Fuzzy braid, poppy ends in buns, thick braid turns thin immediately half way down... I'm sorely tempted to do a chop to get rid of them.

jacqueline101
January 12th, 2015, 06:36 AM

Rant for today: I have lice. Effin lice! How the heck did I get it? And dealing with it is meking me go up the wall. I'm losing lot's of hair when combing with a fine toothed comb to get them out, and it's seems they'll never go away. At least my boyfriend didn't got them from me...

I'm sorry you have lice. I have no suggestions on dealing with them. I had them a few years ago I did the chemical treatment and fine tooth comb to get rid of them. It's kinda cute in hind site seeing a cat wash his head with a wash cloth.

lindsayhv
January 12th, 2015, 08:38 AM
My hair doesn't want to grow. I feel like it is going to be short forever!

Gertrude
January 12th, 2015, 11:12 AM
Buns. Sniff. I am so lucky with my fine hair that actually at just BSL+ one inch I can do the Nautilus and the sectioned bun and all that. It's not at all thick. But they won't stay up. And can't be fortified effectively with wavy Amish pins. I think Madora's sectioned braided bun is giving way now when my hair is longer because it is just heavier. I can't anchor it enough and have it hold anymore.

So I make a braid. I curl it round. Stick in one my lovely hairsticks, or one of my gorgeous wooden two pronged hairforks. And about 8 to 10 2.5 inch wavy Amish pins. And it holds and it looks fine. So why am I complaining? It is the only bun. Well it can put it lower and higher and probably with thick hair I wouldn't be bunning yet.

The GM stylist puts it up but uses GM alternative back-combing and a ton of hairspray (-; it would demolish my fragile hair if done a lot. I am just coveting those French braids and the many different buns on here. Just a vent...........

LauraLongLocks
January 12th, 2015, 08:26 PM

Hope you are over the lice soon. I have had them twice. Here's a treatment plan that works, with or without the pediculicide. http://www.currituck.k12.nc.us/cms/lib4/NC01001303/Centricity/Domain/44/HeadLicetoDeadLice.Alternative.pdf

Arete
January 12th, 2015, 09:15 PM
So I'm having HORRENDOUS braid shred lately, like within an hour or two of braiding it up. I have this whole crop of hairs that are between 6-12" long that fall out of my braid because I tie it down near waist so my go to style looks AWFUL with these idiot huge "chunks" of flyaways.
This just started less than a week ago. I don't think I've done anything to cause a huge amount of breakage, plus these are coming from underside mostly, so I have no idea what is going on. New growth that's just finally getting long enough to be noticeable? The rest of my hair seems normal, not like I got some new unusual amount of taper out of the blue. But I'm still worried that I broke all that hair and I'm doing something to cause the breakage.... :scared: :wail: :taz:
I wish my camera wasn't broken so I could post pics... *sigh*

jacqueline101
January 15th, 2015, 08:46 PM
My rant my converse boots don't fit. I got them for free. I was hoping they'd fit.

Nadine <3
January 15th, 2015, 11:29 PM
My boyfriend is a big dumb idiot.

I feel so much better just saying that.

amanda_the_tall
January 16th, 2015, 12:35 AM
My dad got the crud, and walked around the house hacking (without covering his mouth at all, ew) for most of this week and last, and slept on the couch instead of his bed, and now I think I have it... Or a really bad allergy flare but I can't tell the difference. My throat feels like it's being stabbed when I swallow and nothing comes out when I blow my nose but the post nasal dripping (or flowing) just won't stop! Ugh...

FurryLady
January 16th, 2015, 11:40 AM
My itching, flaky scalp drives me crazy! I have tried dilluted shampoo, shampoo bars, co washing, oiling my scalp, brushing it, not brushing it... and I'm not in the mood trying anysomething else. :rolleyes:

Khristopher
January 16th, 2015, 01:08 PM
Thanks for your sympathy jacqueline101 and LauraLongLocks! That fighting plan is spot on. I didn't know there was specific days to use the olive oil, I'll try that.
FurryLady, maybe doing all that isn't helping but making it worst. Your scalp may be freaking out, try leaving it alone and focusing in something else. Aloe vera gel can help with the itchiness if you're ok with using it. HTH!

curiouskitty
January 16th, 2015, 01:53 PM
I wish I didn't have crippling social anxiety. I want to go out, experience things, meet people and make lasting friendships. I wish I didn't have to be so self-conscious and nervous around people my age. I'm so sick of locking myself away from the rest of the world and making excuses not to interact with anyone. It's getting unbearable. How do I get over this fear of being disliked or looked down on? I'm so angry with myself...

wilderwein
January 16th, 2015, 01:58 PM
First world problems here, but I bought a hair toy and it smells like POOP! SERIOUSLY! I washed it, I put perfume on it and it still smelled like poop!
Now I am soaking it in water with some kind of perfume......

GrowingOut
January 16th, 2015, 02:34 PM
I want my hair to GROWN by now. It's been 5 years with lots of progress, but it still feels so short!

I'll have to maintain at knee for a bit though, my ends have gotten thin.

jacqueline101
January 16th, 2015, 03:26 PM
Thanks for your sympathy jacqueline101 and LauraLongLocks! That fighting plan is spot on. I didn't know there was specific days to use the olive oil, I'll try that.
FurryLady, maybe doing all that isn't helping but making it worst. Your scalp may be freaking out, try leaving it alone and focusing in something else. Aloe vera gel can help with the itchiness if you're ok with using it. HTH!

I hope you win the lice battle. Oh I did look up lavender they hate it. Once you get rid of them use lavender scented product in your hair to repel them.

mcdonaldv89
January 16th, 2015, 03:35 PM
Sooo... hard hats. I love long hair and recently tried a low sulfate keratin shampoo from suave and i nearly want to sue these people! Im so anal about my hair care its dry curly n needs oil every night did i mention anal? K so this suave ruined the texture i thought protein would help but holy crap no.... depressed as i know it will take forever to regain what i had accomplished. It was so healthy :( feels almost like starting all over.

Every day i have to figure out how to fit my extremely thick WL hair inside of a hard hat without damaging it and the hard hat actually fitting correctly. Not an easy feat. The only bright note is i think i figured out the hard hat aituation, but suave ruining my healthy locks? Im hurt :(

Chocowalnut
January 16th, 2015, 03:51 PM
My hair keeps breaking off and getting white dots and horrible split ends even though I just S&D recently and got a trim a few months ago. Idk what to do :(

mcdonaldv89
January 16th, 2015, 04:14 PM
I hear you chocowalnut. I never used to get split ends. Tips: dont brush, at least try to just finger comb with conditioner. Dont wear hair accessories too tight, start with some vitamins for strength and to lessen fall out... this has helped me not shed as much. Make sure u and your hair are getting enough protein but try home remedies with egg before products. Products with keratin just recently made my hair worse :(

skeletonous
January 16th, 2015, 06:42 PM
Non-hair related vent here (thankfully); my older dog keeps eating my cat's food (mostly wet food, but sometimes steals dry food too) :angry: and this is after catching him pretty much every time and scolding him immediately. He's pretty deaf so I have to nudge him with my foot and then use my facial expressions and a scolding-finger gesture along with words to tell him off (I've though about using a spray bottle too). He growls but eventually I get him to leave the room. He's really pushing my buttons and sometimes I can't help but wonder if he's just too unintelligent to get that it's not his after repeated discipline. Food rules over dogs for sure, but just because he's old and stubborn doesn't mean he gets whatever he wants (plus he hasn't been interested it until quite recently). I'm also very sure he gets enough to eat, otherwise the food bowls would be empty. We do have a little dog that is sometimes food-possessive, but he's corrected every time he misbehaves as well, so they both seem to get enough plus treats.

I don't have a place to put the cat food that he can't reach that the cat can get to and I can't block my door because my cat (being, well, a cat) feels the need to re-enter my room a bajillion times so I can't really put up a gate. I just know that I have to find a solution because it's not fair to either of them; cat food is usually too fatty for dogs so it can make him sick, and I definitely want kitty to get what she needs too.

Funny thing is, I'm pretty sure if she would smack his butt a bit with her paw he'd walk away like he does when she does it in our kitchen. But she tends to hide when food is concerned (probably because of their size difference) so that's a no go. :p

swords & roses
January 16th, 2015, 08:35 PM
I wish I didn't have crippling social anxiety. I want to go out, experience things, meet people and make lasting friendships. I wish I didn't have to be so self-conscious and nervous around people my age. I'm so sick of locking myself away from the rest of the world and making excuses not to interact with anyone. It's getting unbearable. How do I get over this fear of being disliked or looked down on? I'm so angry with myself...

Have you given a licensed hypnotherapist a try? Mine has been quite helpful. :flower:

swords & roses
January 16th, 2015, 08:38 PM
Dear husband,

Would you kindly stop moping around, pouting like a punished child, when you don't get your way, or when I'm in a mood that doesn't match yours? >_<

Kome
January 16th, 2015, 08:40 PM
Annoyed that I seem to need to eat sugar EVERY DAY or I go crazy. So frustrating. Lost seven pounds since the new year, but know I'm not going to get wear I need to be unless I can drop this sugar addiction and feeling so HUNGRY all of the time, which is probably because of one of my meds. Just so frustrating when you're trying to loose weight!

swords & roses
January 16th, 2015, 08:51 PM
^ I've been there! Try snacking on protein throughout the day (nuts, jerky, roll up a slice of deli ham, etc). The energy from protein sticks with you much longer than from sugar, so you may not get hungry as often. Healthy fats are also necessary to a having a healthy body! (Despite all the marketing out there saying all fats are evil.) Healthy fats are things like avocado, olive oil, coconut oil, and real butter (NOT margarine! bleh!). Heck, if I'm feeling low on healthy fats in my life, I'll even melt unsalted butter into my coffee in the morning. (Google "bulletproof coffee." It's tasty!)

TrapperCreekD
January 17th, 2015, 01:11 PM
Sooo... hard hats. I love long hair and recently tried a low sulfate keratin shampoo from suave and i nearly want to sue these people! Im so anal about my hair care its dry curly n needs oil every night did i mention anal? K so this suave ruined the texture i thought protein would help but holy crap no.... depressed as i know it will take forever to regain what i had accomplished. It was so healthy :( feels almost like starting all over.

Every day i have to figure out how to fit my extremely thick WL hair inside of a hard hat without damaging it and the hard hat actually fitting correctly. Not an easy feat. The only bright note is i think i figured out the hard hat situation, but suave ruining my healthy locks? Im hurt :(

How did it make your hair feel? Rough, dry, brittle, straw-like? My first thought is protein overload, not ruined hair. To restore the protein/moisture balance do some SMTs/moisturizing deep treatments; avoid protein-y products for awhile and see if your hair feels better.

curiouskitty
January 17th, 2015, 02:49 PM
Have you given a licensed hypnotherapist a try? Mine has been quite helpful. :flower:

I've been going to the college councelor for a few months now... But it hasn't been too helpful. I'll definitely look into hypnotherapy, as it has been suggested to me before by my aunt. I think there's a great big looming wall that I need to break through in order to get over this. But thank you Swords & Roses, I'll have a look at the procedure and consider it.

Chocowalnut
January 17th, 2015, 03:19 PM
I hear you chocowalnut. I never used to get split ends. Tips: dont brush, at least try to just finger comb with conditioner. Dont wear hair accessories too tight, start with some vitamins for strength and to lessen fall out... this has helped me not shed as much. Make sure u and your hair are getting enough protein but try home remedies with egg before products. Products with keratin just recently made my hair worse :(

Mine never used to split either when it was bleach and heat damaged, figures now that it's healthy it's splitting like crazy. Plus I'm shedding what seems to be so much hair, idk if it's normal. In the shower when I run my fingers through my hair when the conditioner's in it I will literally pull out strands of hair. Every shower like 65 hairs. Seems like so much and my hair is noticeably thinner. I'll try using an egg I've done that a few times before. Thanks for the reply.

Five of Five
January 17th, 2015, 04:40 PM
I've been going to the college councelor for a few months now... But it hasn't been too helpful. I'll definitely look into hypnotherapy, as it has been suggested to me before by my aunt. I think there's a great big looming wall that I need to break through in order to get over this. But thank you Swords & Roses, I'll have a look at the procedure and consider it.

I can so relate to this. The "big looming wall" is such an apt description!

What has helped me is recalling the past where I have overcome difficult times, and knowing from that, that I have it in me to do it again, even if it might take some time. It's not just you or I either; I can think of so many people who have managed to turn their lives around, when during the worst of their trials they must have felt quite hopeless.

Sometimes a temporary change in scenery can help immensely, too. If you are in a position to change your lifestyle for a week or so (eg: move in with a friend for a week, volunteer during the holidays, etc) it can give you a sense of control over your life, and also give you a different perspective on your usual lifestyle. You might realise that there is something that you can change in your usual lifestyle that could make you feel a whole lot better!

Another thing that might help is to use your strengths to help others, in turn helping yourself. I'm sure you do this already, without realising it! You might be really fit, and could exercise with someone who could use the help. You might be academically strong, and could help people with their grades. You might have a great sense of humour that could really cheer someone up. The more you notice yourself having good relationships with others, the more you'll begin to realise that the opinions of those few who do judge you are unimportant, and that THEY are the ones who are missing out on your talents!

Madora
January 17th, 2015, 06:18 PM
Mine never used to split either when it was bleach and heat damaged, figures now that it's healthy it's splitting like crazy. Plus I'm shedding what seems to be so much hair, idk if it's normal. In the shower when I run my fingers through my hair when the conditioner's in it I will literally pull out strands of hair. Every shower like 65 hairs. Seems like so much and my hair is noticeably thinner. I'll try using an egg I've done that a few times before. Thanks for the reply.

Chocowalnut, you might want to rethink the egg business. Here's what Dr. Michael said about eggs on hair (George Michael's Secrets for Beautiful hair, 1981, Doubleday):
"Even though an egg has the smallest protein cells of all living proteins, these still cannot penetrate the hair. If you beat an egg yolk and an egg white separately, and then combine them gently, you'll have a marvelous shampoo and your hair will shine like a mirror. But when you comb your hair afterward, you'll find you have a good deal of breakage because of "molecular piggyback" (residue)-particles of the egg sit on the shingles of your hair and the comb does not slide happily through."

skeletonous
January 17th, 2015, 09:41 PM
Non hair related again (and again, thankfully!): Go away you stupid dumb cold with your congestion and runny nose and cough :mad: I've been getting rid of so much gunk it's ridiculous. Plus my lips are somewhat chapped still even though I keep putting coconut oil and chapstick on a gajillion times a day. Plus I don't like taking medicine a bunch but sometimes I feel like I have to so I can sleep at night. Grr.

elizk
January 17th, 2015, 11:09 PM
Oddly enough, my frustration is with.. TLHC! The board software, not the people. I keep logging in and the board thanks me for logging in. Then when I try to do something, the board tells me I'm not logged in. So I do it all over again, this has happened five or six times this evening. I went to add some information to my personal page (or whatever it's called) and it told me I wasn't allowed to access that page and asked me if I was trying to change an administrator's post!

So. Weird. And it's very frustrating. I know I'm registered, I have another post in this very thread. My first post ever. I tried to access the "contact" function at the bottom of the page but it doesn't do anything. I have no idea how I'm supposed to contact an administrator. I don't know who to ask about this and apparently have no option to ask anyone other than this.

I'm curious to see if this post will actually post or if I'll be (again) told that I'm not registered. (The top of the page has my name and says that I definitely AM registered and signed in.) Fingers crossed - SO frustrating!

elizk
January 17th, 2015, 11:11 PM
Yay! It worked! Now if I could just get the "contact" option to work maybe I could fix the rest of the glitches.

Ellaria
January 18th, 2015, 03:52 AM
I'm frustrated because I still have frizz and many split ends even though I try to be as friendly to my hair as possible :(

Atira
January 18th, 2015, 05:57 AM
Frustrated because I have no time to learn updos, braids, ect. Plus I don't have good small motor skills or something as my braids always are ery hard for me to do and I often don't understand how to do them even with good videos.

Plus I'm frustrated with how slow my hair grows and how it's obviously breaking off at bottom likely dye to bleach I used up til dec 2013,

Gumball
January 18th, 2015, 08:42 AM
Oddly enough, my frustration is with.. TLHC! The board software, not the people. I keep logging in and the board thanks me for logging in. Then when I try to do something, the board tells me I'm not logged in. So I do it all over again, this has happened five or six times this evening. I went to add some information to my personal page (or whatever it's called) and it told me I wasn't allowed to access that page and asked me if I was trying to change an administrator's post!

So. Weird. And it's very frustrating. I know I'm registered, I have another post in this very thread. My first post ever. I tried to access the "contact" function at the bottom of the page but it doesn't do anything. I have no idea how I'm supposed to contact an administrator. I don't know who to ask about this and apparently have no option to ask anyone other than this.

I'm curious to see if this post will actually post or if I'll be (again) told that I'm not registered. (The top of the page has my name and says that I definitely AM registered and signed in.) Fingers crossed - SO frustrating!

This isn't typically a bug, but is usually due to forum login timeout settings and whether you both have cookies enabled and have opted for them upon signing in via selecting "Remember Me".

Yay! It worked! Now if I could just get the "contact" option to work maybe I could fix the rest of the glitches.

That's not a broken issue at all, but is dependent on your having a default mail application on your computer that recognizes a "mailto" link, otherwise if you hover over it you'll see the address that it's targeting. :)

LauraLongLocks
January 18th, 2015, 08:42 AM
I'm frustrated that a friend of mine has decided to drop out of school, again, because she stuck to me like glue at school and I thought the two of us were going to study together a lot this semester. I guess that won't be happening now.

I'm also frustrated that the same friend gets irritated with me wearing my hair up all the time. "Why have long hair if you never wear it down?" "What's the point if you are going to hide it all the time?" She has chin-length hair, says she would love long hair like mine, but every time I explain to her that my hair gets in the way, gets tangled, and wouldn't be as nice the times I do wear it down if I left it down all the time, she seems to actually get offended by my response. She tells me I should cut it short if I don't want to wear it down. Whatever.

1. She needs to get her crap together and stop enrolling in the same classes as me if she is not willing to put in the time and the work like I am. She can't wait to start on the week's homework until Saturday when it is all due on Sunday. She sat with her books closed while I had mine open doing homework all week. I eeked out homework time in little pieces all week long... doing a little here and a little there. I wake early and get started on my day before the rest of the world makes demands on my time. I finished everything for the week by Friday so that I could start to work on next week's homework this weekend. She needs to stop following me around in my life and then get mad at me that she can't keep up. Look, this is my life. This is what I have chosen to spend my time on. I have made room for you in my life and it has cut into my efficiency somewhat, but I enjoy our time together enough that it is worth a little less efficiency. (What I mean by this is that she wanted to study together, but she is one of those who has to stop and get food, stop and get a drink, stop and use the bathroom... ALL THE TIME, and I'm always slowed down by her asking if we are going to go eat next... I could go with an apple and a protein bar and make it through most of the day.)

2. Don't get on me about wearing my hair up! What I do with my hair is my business. I prefer it out of the way, and long, so that when I want to wear it down and be stunning, I can. I am not aiming to look as sexy and fashionable as possible while I am busy taking care of my children, my livestock, and doing school work. I am most concerned about my life. Hair takes a back seat. I spend time with my hair every morning and every night, but I don't want to fuss with it all day long. To have it looking nice all day I would have to groom it continuously, and I don't have time for that. I never could have made it to this length if I wore it down all the time. It would be trashed. I know. I've tried it. I tried to grow my hair for ten years and never made it past about MBL because I always had to cut back mechanical damage. I'm not wearing it down to school all the time to get caught under my backpack, end up in my food, get tangled, and be in danger of being ripped out when it gets caught on someone or something. I'm not at school to be attractive, anyway. I'm there to learn. I'm taking my education very seriously. And what's wrong with all my beautiful hair toys, anyway? I am never bored with all the hairstyles and hair toys! How boring it would be to wear my hair down all the time!

[/end rant]

jacqueline101
January 18th, 2015, 09:34 AM
Photobucket is slow this morning. I know I'm using the church's wifi. Anyways I'm undoing Damien adding albums and moving pictures.

jacqueline101
January 18th, 2015, 02:24 PM
I'm mad at buttercup. He has taken over my toiletries and now my bar of soap. He had it in the bathroom batting it like a hockey puck. I walk in the bathroom without looking and end up on my you know what.

wilderwein
January 18th, 2015, 05:22 PM
I'm frustrated that a friend of mine has decided to drop out of school, again, because she stuck to me like glue at school and I thought the two of us were going to study together a lot this semester. I guess that won't be happening now.

I'm also frustrated that the same friend gets irritated with me wearing my hair up all the time. "Why have long hair if you never wear it down?" "What's the point if you are going to hide it all the time?" She has chin-length hair, says she would love long hair like mine, but every time I explain to her that my hair gets in the way, gets tangled, and wouldn't be as nice the times I do wear it down if I left it down all the time, she seems to actually get offended by my response. She tells me I should cut it short if I don't want to wear it down. Whatever.

1. She needs to get her crap together and stop enrolling in the same classes as me if she is not willing to put in the time and the work like I am. She can't wait to start on the week's homework until Saturday when it is all due on Sunday. She sat with her books closed while I had mine open doing homework all week. I eeked out homework time in little pieces all week long... doing a little here and a little there. I wake early and get started on my day before the rest of the world makes demands on my time. I finished everything for the week by Friday so that I could start to work on next week's homework this weekend. She needs to stop following me around in my life and then get mad at me that she can't keep up. Look, this is my life. This is what I have chosen to spend my time on. I have made room for you in my life and it has cut into my efficiency somewhat, but I enjoy our time together enough that it is worth a little less efficiency. (What I mean by this is that she wanted to study together, but she is one of those who has to stop and get food, stop and get a drink, stop and use the bathroom... ALL THE TIME, and I'm always slowed down by her asking if we are going to go eat next... I could go with an apple and a protein bar and make it through most of the day.)

2. Don't get on me about wearing my hair up! What I do with my hair is my business. I prefer it out of the way, and long, so that when I want to wear it down and be stunning, I can. I am not aiming to look as sexy and fashionable as possible while I am busy taking care of my children, my livestock, and doing school work. I am most concerned about my life. Hair takes a back seat. I spend time with my hair every morning and every night, but I don't want to fuss with it all day long. To have it looking nice all day I would have to groom it continuously, and I don't have time for that. I never could have made it to this length if I wore it down all the time. It would be trashed. I know. I've tried it. I tried to grow my hair for ten years and never made it past about MBL because I always had to cut back mechanical damage. I'm not wearing it down to school all the time to get caught under my backpack, end up in my food, get tangled, and be in danger of being ripped out when it gets caught on someone or something. I'm not at school to be attractive, anyway. I'm there to learn. I'm taking my education very seriously. And what's wrong with all my beautiful hair toys, anyway? I am never bored with all the hairstyles and hair toys! How boring it would be to wear my hair down all the time!

[/end rant]

Wow thats kinda ignorant for her to say.... The reason I always wanted long hair (besides the actual length) It's all the hairstyles you can do with it, it's like a piece of art, you can create something beautiful and different every day!

jacqueline101
January 18th, 2015, 05:50 PM
After the cat trying to kill me, photobucket taking forever, and now getting my pictures straightened out. My hair bag is a turquoise, purple, and black and pink striped one. I have green sweats on.

Chocowalnut
January 18th, 2015, 09:53 PM
Chocowalnut, you might want to rethink the egg business. Here's what Dr. Michael said about eggs on hair (George Michael's Secrets for Beautiful hair, 1981, Doubleday):
"Even though an egg has the smallest protein cells of all living proteins, these still cannot penetrate the hair. If you beat an egg yolk and an egg white separately, and then combine them gently, you'll have a marvelous shampoo and your hair will shine like a mirror. But when you comb your hair afterward, you'll find you have a good deal of breakage because of "molecular piggyback" (residue)-particles of the egg sit on the shingles of your hair and the comb does not slide happily through."

Wow very interesting, never knew that. I guess I wont be using egg as a hair treatment :p

Arete
January 18th, 2015, 10:10 PM
My dumb taper. :taz:

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x385/TheJazzPony/IMG_20150118_190148897_zpsc77a1f22.jpg

Swan Maiden
January 19th, 2015, 12:12 AM
Hair, why do you insist on imitating a thicket of Russian Thistle when you are drying?

Ellaria
January 19th, 2015, 02:53 AM
I'm frustrated because my hair is still too short for certain hair styles. Plus I wish it was thicker, my braids always look so small :(

jacqueline101
January 19th, 2015, 04:06 PM
I'm upset because I have to take off my hair bag for work.

lindsayhv
January 19th, 2015, 06:16 PM
What's a hair bag?

LauraLongLocks
January 19th, 2015, 08:07 PM
What's a hair bag?

I've been trying to figure this out for months. I asked for a picture and was told to visit her photobucket account and look for it there. I can't find the picture, and I have tried several times, so I guess I'll just remain clueless.

skeletonous
January 19th, 2015, 08:50 PM
^ this might be what you're looking for :)

http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/jacquelineannwalker101/media/59F91B7A-74C2-4C96-8ED0-434A0E59357B.jpg.html?o=31

lindsayhv
January 20th, 2015, 09:55 AM
oh wow, interesting.....I've never heard of anything like that before jacqueline101. Did you see the pic LLL? I guess that is what it is! What is it made out of?

jacqueline101
January 20th, 2015, 10:51 AM
What's a hair bag?

You know it's strange I told her where it was at. I have one album one photo of it. It's a drawstring bag.

I've been trying to figure this out for months. I asked for a picture and was told to visit her photobucket account and look for it there. I can't find the picture, and I have tried several times, so I guess I'll just remain clueless.

Give up. It's not that big of a task. This subject is getting old no offense I'm tired of being bugged on it.

http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/jacquelineannwalker101/media/59F91B7A-74C2-4C96-8ED0-434A0E59357B.jpg.html?o=31

oh wow, interesting.....I've never heard of anything like that before jacqueline101. Did you see the pic LLL? I guess that is what it is! What is it made out of?

Fabric. It's cloth. Other then that I don't know.

jacqueline101
January 20th, 2015, 10:56 AM
My new frustration is the fuss over an animate object and mrdd people at work. Seriously it's a drawstring bag and mrdd people at work showing themselves at work.

skeletonous
January 20th, 2015, 01:30 PM
I just accidentally cut a hole in one of my new scrunchies as I was cutting open the package :mad: really? It's made of a thin, almost windbreaker type fabric so it cut easily. I can sew it but it still kinda annoys me that that even happened.

LauraLongLocks
January 20th, 2015, 08:41 PM

http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/jacquelineannwalker101/media/59F91B7A-74C2-4C96-8ED0-434A0E59357B.jpg.html?o=31 Ah, thank you. I couldn't find it before. That's not at all what I envisioned, either. So, I really appreciate you posting the link.

You know it's strange I told her where it was at. I have one album one photo of it. It's a drawstring bag.

Give up. It's not that big of a task. This subject is getting old no offense I'm tired of being bugged on it.

If you don't want people to inquire about what it is, then don't talk about it, because you only make people curious when you do that. And when I go to your photobucket there aren't any numbers, so the number reference you gave me was meaningless and useless to me.

I wasn't trying to bug you. I have no idea how you could get offended by me asking to see a photo of something you have spoken about for months and months on this forum.

jacqueline101
January 20th, 2015, 09:18 PM
Ah, thank you. I couldn't find it before. That's not at all what I envisioned, either. So, I really appreciate you posting the link.

If you don't want people to inquire about what it is, then don't talk about it, because you only make people curious when you do that. And when I go to your photobucket there aren't any numbers, so the number reference you gave me was meaningless and useless to me.

I wasn't trying to bug you. I have no idea how you could get offended by me asking to see a photo of something you have spoken about for months and months on this forum.

I only bragged about it because it's the first thing I made that didn't shred my hair and I'm sorry you don't approve. I'm not offended by you asking but offended no one can find my pictures.

LauraLongLocks
January 20th, 2015, 09:36 PM
I only bragged about it because it's the first thing I made that didn't shred my hair and I'm sorry you don't approve. I'm not offended by you asking but offended no one can find my pictures.

I never said I didn't approve. However, if you are getting offended that no one can find your pictures, then stop talking about it so that we won't ask.

jacqueline101
January 20th, 2015, 10:12 PM
My new vent my stinky job is no more. I got fed up and told my boss off and darn it felt good. My vent my frustration is 800 for a Cadillac starter not counting the tow bill. It makes me miss my former life. As a tow truck operator.

lindsayhv
January 21st, 2015, 03:41 AM
I have wicked insomnia. I hate being awake thinking about trivial things like where I put the vacuum bags...

mindwiped
January 21st, 2015, 05:20 AM
I have wicked insomnia. I hate being awake thinking about trivial things like where I put the vacuum bags...

I don't know which is worse, not being able to get to sleep because of something like that, or finally beginning to doze off, only to remember where you hid them, right as you've nearly gotten to sleep, and waking yourself up completely with the realization.

lindsayhv
January 21st, 2015, 08:51 AM
I don't know which is worse, not being able to get to sleep because of something like that, or finally beginning to doze off, only to remember where you hid them, right as you've nearly gotten to sleep, and waking yourself up completely with the realization.

Usually, the minute I nod off, I hear the alarm, or one of the children! Still don't know where my vacuum bags are.....

skeletonous
January 21st, 2015, 08:54 AM
I have seriously got to stop spending money on things I don't need...I saw a shirt at Target today that I couldn't pass up but it was like $13. I want to go a month without spending money unless I have to, then treat myself to something free like a spa day at home.

veryhairyfairy
January 22nd, 2015, 07:04 AM
Coffee: Why do you make me so sweaty?! Just one mildly strong cup and I'm oozing from my palms and feet! :disgust:
But dang it, I just love you too much, come over here and give me a sip. :coffee:

lindsayhv
January 22nd, 2015, 07:22 AM
Usually, the minute I nod off, I hear the alarm, or one of the children! Still don't know where my vacuum bags are.....

I found the vacuum bags. Last night I was awake thinking about work.....my students and their parents. EEEEk!

LauraLongLocks
January 22nd, 2015, 09:40 AM
Why do I have to have a headache on my day off school, when I have so much homework I have to finish? I have to get it all done today, because I am traveling this weekend and won't be able to do homework on my trip.

jacqueline101
January 22nd, 2015, 12:59 PM
I have lymph node issues I hate it. This didn't start until I stopped smoking maybe cigarettes kept me well.

mindwiped
January 22nd, 2015, 01:37 PM
I found the vacuum bags. Last night I was awake thinking about work.....my students and their parents. EEEEk!

yippee! You found them. Good luck with the students and worse, their families. I could go back into a room with 20-30 kids in a heartbeat if I didn't have to deal with their parents, my coworkers, and our state government cutting the budget so far that the state legal system said it was illegal. I'll stick with healthcare now, thanks. (was an elem teacher, now I'm in respiratory therapy)

lindsayhv
January 22nd, 2015, 02:01 PM
yippee! You found them. Good luck with the students and worse, their families. I could go back into a room with 20-30 kids in a heartbeat if I didn't have to deal with their parents, my coworkers, and our state government cutting the budget so far that the state legal system said it was illegal. I'll stick with healthcare now, thanks. (was an elem teacher, now I'm in respiratory therapy)

awesome! I've worked in healthcare too! Actually worked in an LTAC with trach and vent patients and very closely with the RTs! (I'm a Speech-Language Pathologist)

Nadine <3
January 22nd, 2015, 02:19 PM
I'm so lonely. Nobody wants to go out and do anything with me, I want to go somewhere but I don't want to do it by myself. I always go by myself, why will nobody go with me? I need to make friends, but I live in a tiny stupid town where it's freezing and there's nothing to do unless I go hang out in a bar...I have no desire to go do that.

jacqueline101
January 22nd, 2015, 07:18 PM
Since I've been sick more onion treatments and bed rest by Dr. Damien. My lymph nodes wouldn't be in this shape if his cat would leave my beauty products alone. I'm constantly fighting sinus infections.

skeletonous
January 22nd, 2015, 07:43 PM
We haven't had a plunger for months now, do I really have to be the one to go get it? :nono: I'm tired of using hot soapy water multiple times and hoping that it works. I don't currently drive, so unless someone drives me I get to walk home with a plunger handle sticking out of my bag. Oh well. :rolleyes:

Imalath
January 22nd, 2015, 08:34 PM
My hair stinks all the time, thanks to work. It usually smells like whatever the special of the day is in the kitchen, or fried chicken, which I make more of than anything else. I haven't figured out how to keep it from smelling so badly I have to wash it every other day. I am at the place where I can start stretching washes a day longer, I think...but my hair smells too much to go another day.

In other rants...I have a bachelor's degree in a science field. I want to do so much with it...and I fry chicken for a paycheck. I wish I could get hired somewhere else.

swords & roses
January 22nd, 2015, 09:33 PM
I'm a doctor. Degreed, licensed, and finishing my third year of practicing. And I make less than I did when I worked for McDonald's. The joys of being self-employed.

LauraLongLocks
January 22nd, 2015, 09:43 PM
I'm a doctor. Degreed, licensed, and finishing my third year of practicing. And I make less than I did when I worked for McDonald's. The joys of being self-employed.

Haha, maybe pick up a few shifts a week at McDonald's to make up the difference. But yeah, that rots.