PDA

View Full Version : I found a longhair in the wild! Post your photos!

Sarahlabyrinth
December 4th, 2014, 03:45 PM
So I was in the camera shop today printing off some photos and when I finished, walked up to the counter to pay. There was a woman ahead of me but I wasn't looking at her as I was searching through my handbag for my wallet. I found it and looked up to see a magnificent mane of hair about a foot in front of my nose. I blinked in disbelief. She had her hair in a ponytail. So I told her it was absolutely beautiful and asked if I could take a photo. (I was itching to ask if I could touch it but thought I had better not in case I freaked her out). You know how you see something so amazing you want to touch it to see if it's really there? LOL.

She said that I could take a photo. She told me that she had had long hair all her life and that her family were forever on at her to cut it off and that she was "too old" for long hair. (she looked a little older than me).

I told her about LHC and she hadn't heard of it and seemed a little bemused that there were online groups of hair admirers, she asked if I was in TLHC.

She very kindly took her hair down to allow me to get a photo. When she walked out of the shop the shop assistant and I were oohing and aahing over her glorious hair...

So, without more ado, I won't keep you in suspense any longer.... here is the glorious hair of the mysterious woman whose name I know not....

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh582/Sarahlabyrinth/DSCF6550.jpg

gthlvrmx
December 4th, 2014, 04:11 PM
Woa that's beautiful hair! :)

fiğrildi
December 4th, 2014, 04:28 PM
Oooooohhhhhh... :thud:

I wish I were brave enough to ask to mysterious people in the wild if I could take pictures of their hair... whenever I meet a long haired in the wild, I just admire their manes from the distance. This is one really really stunning mane!

momschicklets
December 4th, 2014, 04:58 PM
How absolutely spectacular!!! And how kind she was to let you take pictures to share with us. What a glorious mane she has there :crush:

Aurum
December 4th, 2014, 05:02 PM
I want hair like that! It's gorgeous and looks so thick. I'd love to know her stats... :eyebrows:

Sarahlabyrinth
December 4th, 2014, 05:11 PM
Oooooohhhhhh... :thud:

I wish I were brave enough to ask to mysterious people in the wild if I could take pictures of their hair... whenever I meet a long haired in the wild, I just admire their manes from the distance. This is one really really stunning mane!

The question just popped out of my mouth before I could stop it, faced with it right in my face, so to speak:p I couldn't help myself, my mouth acquired a mind of its own. And since I was holding my camera at the time.....Her hair was mid thigh wavy and probably knee length stretched. I would say she would be in the high iii's and a C. So thick and glorious, and the photo doesn't do it justice. It was SO thick and wonderful. I want my hair to look like that one day - if possible!:D She actually has her head bending forward in that photo too....

ETA: You never usually see anything longer than WL around here and even that is unusual. I just HAD to grab it (hypothetically speaking) while it was in front of my nose. I knew you all would enjoy seeing it as much as I did.

Kina
December 4th, 2014, 05:30 PM
The question just popped out of my mouth before I could stop it, faced with it right in my face, so to speak:p I couldn't help myself, my mouth acquired a mind of its own. And since I was holding my camera at the time.....Her hair was mid thigh wavy and probably knee length stretched. I would say she would be in the high iii's and a C. So thick and glorious, and the photo doesn't do it justice. It was SO thick and wonderful. I want my hair to look like that one day - if possible!:D

ETA: You never usually see anything longer than WL around here and even that is unusual. I just HAD to grab it (hypothetically speaking) while it was in front of my nose. I knew you all would enjoy seeing it as much as I did.

Er... I know her hair is longer than yours, but I did a double take when I saw it, thinking you had posted one of yours. Other than the length and that your hair is shinier than hers in your signature pic, she could be your double. You have LOVELY hair! As does she, of course :)

Sarahlabyrinth
December 4th, 2014, 05:35 PM
Blush. Thank you Kina. When faced with her hair I feel totally inadequate. It makes me happy though that you like my hair.

embee
December 4th, 2014, 06:56 PM
Arrgh! She's got my hair! .... I guess that's why *I* don't have it.

That is just beautiful. :) I hope she finds TLHC and gets some more affirmative feedback.

Sarahlabyrinth
December 4th, 2014, 07:01 PM
Arrgh! She's got my hair! .... I guess that's why *I* don't have it.

That is just beautiful. :) I hope she finds TLHC and gets some more affirmative feedback.

It would be so great if she joined TLHC. I don't know if she will, though, she said "It's just hair..."

Madora
December 4th, 2014, 07:04 PM
So I was in the camera shop today printing off some photos and when I finished, walked up to the counter to pay. There was a woman ahead of me but I wasn't looking at her as I was searching through my handbag for my wallet. I found it and looked up to see a magnificent mane of hair about a foot in front of my nose. I blinked in disbelief. She had her hair in a ponytail. So I told her it was absolutely beautiful and asked if I could take a photo. (I was itching to ask if I could touch it but thought I had better not in case I freaked her out). You know how you see something so amazing you want to touch it to see if it's really there? LOL.

She said that I could take a photo. She told me that she had had long hair all her life and that her family were forever on at her to cut it off and that she was "too old" for long hair. (she looked a little older than me).

I told her about LHC and she hadn't heard of it and seemed a little bemused that there were online groups of hair admirers, she asked if I was in TLHC.

She very kindly took her hair down to allow me to get a photo. When she walked out of the shop the shop assistant and I were oohing and aahing over her glorious hair...

So, without more ado, I won't keep you in suspense any longer.... here is the glorious hair of the mysterious woman whose name I know not....

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh582/Sarahlabyrinth/DSCF6550.jpg

What a lovely photo, Sarahlabyrinth. How gracious it was of her to acquiesce to your request..and how gracious it was of YOU to ask permission first! It would be lovely if she did decide to check our LHC...but there's one thing I've learned about some long hairs...they're not really that much into it (like most of us are!). I know because I told an Indian girl (or perhaps she was Pakistani) who had truly astonishingly long hair (at least by the standards around here...it was ankle length and she wore it in a single braid) that she had magnificent hair and that she might enjoy reading more about long hair care on LHC. She was polite but seemed "meh" about the idea.

earthybee
December 4th, 2014, 07:04 PM
I thought it was your hair too! Such a beautiful sight!

Sarahlabyrinth
December 4th, 2014, 07:09 PM
What a lovely photo, Sarahlabyrinth. How gracious it was of her to acquiesce to your request..and how gracious it was of YOU to ask permission first! It would be lovely if she did decide to check our LHC...but there's one thing I've learned about some long hairs...they're not really that much into it (like most of us are!). I know because I told an Indian girl (or perhaps she was Pakistani) who had truly astonishingly long hair (at least by the standards around here...it was ankle length and she wore it in a single braid) that she had magnificent hair and that she might enjoy reading more about long hair care on LHC. She was polite but seemed "meh" about the idea.

Thank you Madora. I wouldn't have felt comfortable taking a photo without permission, it would have felt like I was invading her privacy (just my opinion.)

earthybee, thank you. Lol.

Sterlyn
December 4th, 2014, 07:13 PM
Wow:thudpile: I hope that she does find her way here, what a gorgeous mane.

It's a real shame her family is giving her grief about it, I get so very tired of the, to old for long hair bull****

Sarahlabyrinth
December 4th, 2014, 07:21 PM
It's a real shame her family is giving her grief about it, I get so very tired of the, to old for long hair bull****[/QUOTE]

Yes, I think we all get that comment as we get older. Like a broken record:\ I said to her that there are those who like short hair - and then there are those who prefer long hair...

trolleypup
December 4th, 2014, 08:08 PM
Mod note: This note does NOT refer to the OP's image, but the image does bring up a point for discussion.

TLHC tries to maintain itself as a supportive forum where members can feel safe and free to express themselves. Part of that is the policy that requires that members have permission of the subject (if they are the photographer), or permission of the photographer if they aren't, to post the image on the forum. Thus streetshots (a pernicious back alley slum of the internet) are not permitted, and other images should be linked to rather than posted.

Thank you!

truepeacenik
December 4th, 2014, 10:56 PM
Trolley, do I read this correctly that if a photographer gives permission, the subject does not? That seems like it would breed the street shot scum pics.

maborosi
December 4th, 2014, 11:00 PM
Trolley, do I read this correctly that if a photographer gives permission, the subject does not? That seems like it would breed the street shot scum pics.

I think it was meant more in that if you wanted to post a picture that doesn't belong to you, to always make sure to get the photographer's permission before posting it here, unless you link to the original page.

Merlin
December 5th, 2014, 12:49 AM
Great photo, you were so lucky to get to take the photos - not sure I'd have had the bottle to ask!

My understanding has always been that both parties should give consent for photo posting...with the caveat that if the photo is already on the internet you can link to it without doing further due diligence checking :-) In the UK (don't know how it works elsewhere) I believe that taking a photo of somebody and giving them a copy does not actually transfer copyright unless that's expressly stated - so if I take a photo of truepeacenick and send her a copy of it, that image is not her's to do what she wants without checking with me.

sycamoreboutiqu
December 5th, 2014, 01:19 AM
Isn't it odd that someone who goes to the trouble to maintain those lengths really don't care about it that much? You would think ankle length hair would require some true "love" of the subject, but maybe not.

I know I rarely discuss hair topics outside the groups I am in, it is just considered too obsessive by the "normies".

sycamoreboutiqu
December 5th, 2014, 01:28 AM
I was working in a dollar store one day last year (servicing the videos) and I looked up from my work to see a woman with calf length, blonde hair at the checkout counter. I even had my phone handy and could have snapped a pic but I was so dumbfounded that I didn't, I just stared.

In retrospect better that I didn't I guess because I would certainly have posted it - but that also begs the question - if you go out in public with such extreme lengths not tied up in a bun or braid I really think you probably welcome the comments.

I am at thigh length now myself and I never, ever wear it down in public. Mainly for safety reasons, it would be getting caught in everything and I would break my neck, but if I did have it down I would certainly be expecting (and welcoming) comments as long as they were not negative (and they frequently are no matter how breathtaking the hair).

Johannah
December 5th, 2014, 02:43 AM
It looks like your hair, but longer. Color and texture! Beautiful!

Lady melissa
December 5th, 2014, 03:11 AM
What gorgeous hair this lady had!
I would never dare to ask to take a picture...i did try to take a candid picture one time, but it wasn't sharp LOL

Sarahlabyrinth
December 5th, 2014, 03:13 AM
I figured I would ask - the worst she could say was no :)

Merlin
December 5th, 2014, 04:24 AM
I say this slightly tongue in cheek...but I think it's worth saying

Long-term LHCers will know that for a long time we had quite regular photos about men in grocery stores (it always seemed to be grocery stores) who people were convinced were staring at their hair and how appalled and digusted they were and this didn't ever involve any kind of conversation or contact. Here we've got somebody who not only looked, but asked to take a photograph, and frankly we're all I think impressed at her nerve...as well as the photograph. Is this a gender thing? If a strange man in a grocery store (let's stick with convention here) had gone up to any of our members and asked to take a photograph of their hair would they all have been happy with that? Would that somehow have been better than a nebulous sense they were staring at hair?

lapushka
December 5th, 2014, 05:19 AM

Long-term LHCers will know that for a long time we had quite regular photos about men in grocery stores (it always seemed to be grocery stores) who people were convinced were staring at their hair and how appalled and digusted they were and this didn't ever involve any kind of conversation or contact. Here we've got somebody who not only looked, but asked to take a photograph, and frankly we're all I think impressed at her nerve...as well as the photograph. Is this a gender thing? If a strange man in a grocery store (let's stick with convention here) had gone up to any of our members and asked to take a photograph of their hair would they all have been happy with that? Would that somehow have been better than a nebulous sense they were staring at hair?

No, it would be somewhat creepy, but that of course all would also depend on their postcount and their general interaction with the rest of us, and whether or not they grew their own hair out. All things to consider. And the fact that there's a f*t*sh community out there doesn't do that much good.

squirrrel
December 5th, 2014, 05:25 AM
Her hair is gorgeous! Wow! :)

Sarahlabyrinth
December 5th, 2014, 02:49 PM

I haven't seen any threads about men in grocery stores staring at hair. This does raise an interesting point, though. I wonder if I had been a man if she would have allowed me to take the photo. Though I was careful to explain that the LHC is for help in growing long hair, hair care tips, as well as for people who aspire to having long hair and generally like to admire it. I certainly didn't want her feeling that LHC is any kind of "creepy" website at all - because it isn't.

I complimented her hair, asked if I could photograph it and told her about LHC. I told her that I was an LHC member and she could see that I was a longhair as well. That may have reassured her. She probably is used to being stared at. I didn't want to just be a starer.

If somebody asked IRL to take a hair photo of me, man or woman - I wouldn't mind.

anastasiashea
December 5th, 2014, 03:41 PM

I wouldn't want anybody take a picture of my hair! I do think gender plays into most people's social interactions though. I've been called a tease (or worse) many times by engaging in friendly conversation with men. I try not to assume that anyone is trying to hit on me just because they're talking to me. I try to talk to everyone like they're just a human, but unfortunately it often turns out badly. I totally understand women who ignore men when they greet or compliment them (or ask for a photo!) because of this, although I know it's not fair for those men who really are just friendly. I've been in situations where I end up feeling threatened due to my choice to be nice, and that's in a small, low-crime town.

Gender issues are difficult. I think everyone wants to be open-minded and treat everyone equally, but it's hard to balance that with keeping yourself safe. Women can be creepers too, but it's more threatening with men because of the strength difference. I lift weights and am strong for a woman, yet I am still frighteningly easily overpowered (when play-wrestling) by my husband who doesn't work out at all. I really do try to treat everybody the same, but at the same time, I understand why some women are loath to talk to men much in public.

bte
December 6th, 2014, 04:43 AM

This bring us back to the oft discussed question of complimenting others. It can be very difficult for a man to compliment a woman he does not know on her hair without appearing to be creepy. And, as Merlin has pointed out, for him to ask her if he can take a photo would almost certainly be unacceptable. Much as I am in favour of gender equality, and although it is only the habit of convention that makes it so, I think this is a gender barrier that will not be broken for a very long time, if ever.

Beatnik Guy
December 6th, 2014, 06:56 AM
TLHC tries to maintain itself as a supportive forum where members can feel safe and free to express themselves. Part of that is the policy that requires that members have permission of the subject (if they are the photographer), or permission of the photographer if they aren't, to post the image on the forum. Thus streetshots (a pernicious back alley slum of the internet) are not permitted, and other images should be linked to rather than posted.

Thank you!

What trolleypup is talking about is something that could also be called "stalking with a camera". Taking sneaky photos in the wild, without asking for permission or even attempting to interact with the person the zoom lens is directed at.

This bring us back to the oft discussed question of complimenting others. It can be very difficult for a man to compliment a woman he does not know on her hair without appearing to be creepy. And, as Merlin has pointed out, for him to ask her if he can take a photo would almost certainly be unacceptable. Much as I am in favour of gender equality, and although it is only the habit of convention that makes it so, I think this is a gender barrier that will not be broken for a very long time, if ever.

Yes. I do compliment women's long hair in the wild quite often, but it is always 'hit and run' style complimenting and I think it helps that I also have long hair (returned compliment is nice, but not expected!).

Sterlyn
December 6th, 2014, 08:25 AM
I understand both sides of the hair compliments and gender misunderstandings that can happen. As a female I don't want to prejudge or be rude to someone, however I have had some really creepy experiences with males in the past. These started as seemly innocent conversations then turned creepy and inappropriate rather quickly, (admittedly those were in my younger years and not to do with hair) but I have learned to be cautious.

I am aware my hair is different from the average person, people do stare sometimes and I don't usually take it personally, I remember how much gawking I did when I once saw a gal with hip length white hair. I remember catching myself staring and I had to pick my jaw up off the floor, I'm pretty sure I gasped out loud, much to my embarrassment. *shrugs So I try to assume people are just being people and not meaning to be rude or awkward.

I have had a few males compliment my hair since I've grown it out and they were polite and sweet, but admittedly they were men my age or older, and I think age afforded them some time to develop polish and better social skills when talking to women, particularly when it's only really about hair. I don't know how I would feel about someone asking to take a pic of my hair, however if it was someone else with long hair and telling me about a hair forum, we would probably end up swapping hair tips etc :)

Beatnik Guy if I saw you in the wild I'm pretty sure I would be :bigeyes: and a drive buy compliment would certainly get one in return. :D

bte
December 6th, 2014, 10:44 AM
Yes. I do compliment women's long hair in the wild quite often, but it is always 'hit and run' style complimenting and I think it helps that I also have long hair (returned compliment is nice, but not expected!).
Yes, drive by makes it clear that you are not just making a pass at them. I think too that having long hair myself helps, although I am not at as much of an advantage as you are!

LauraLongLocks
December 6th, 2014, 11:03 AM
I have a few photos of longhairs I have seen in the wild, and have gotten their permission to take these photos and to post them to online hair forums.

This is an employee of my local Walmart. He is a really tall guy, and his hair is dreamy fine textured soft looking, though I did not touch it or ask to touch it. (That would have been creepy weird because of gender, but I wouldn't even ask a woman to touch her hair unless I knew her personally.)

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/Bestbirth/Walmartguywithlonghair.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Bestbirth/media/Walmartguywithlonghair.jpg.html)

This woman says she doesn't like to let her hair past knee length because it's harder to take care of it. She's in her 50s, ladies, so don't cut your hair due to being "too old" for long hair. Hers is amazing, healthy hair! I saw her outside a big warehouse grocery restaurant supply type of store we have here called Cash n Carry and she was very gracious in talking with me about her super length gorgeous hair.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/Bestbirth/Hair%20Gallery/cashncarrylonghair.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Bestbirth/media/Hair%20Gallery/cashncarrylonghair.jpg.html)

This last photo was again, at the grocery store, but this time it was a warehouse grocery store called Winco. She and her husband were in the produce aisle and I was so wowed by her glorious mane I asked if I could take a photo and she was so flattered by it. Her husband said he loved her long hair and that in 43 years she has never cut it.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/Bestbirth/Facebook/Mobile%20Uploads/1957761_10203303784218893_833807215_o.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Bestbirth/media/Facebook/Mobile%20Uploads/1957761_10203303784218893_833807215_o.jpg.html)

pinchbeck
December 6th, 2014, 11:05 AM
Many females in my town and neighbouring towns are long hairs so it isn't unique anymore and when they see another long hair or deal with one they don't acknowledge the other person's hair. It seems so competitive and common. Nobody gives out compliments either. However, I actually do and just told a curly yesterday that her hair was beautiful and wild. Her hair was only to her shoulders, but stood out.

The only time I went ga ga over a person's hair is when I saw a 10 year old girl who had hair to her knees (rarer to see on children to this to me is unique) who was going to cut and donate part of it. What she was doing was generous but at the same time I couldn't help but feel she'd be disappointing long hair admirers. This was a few years ago. I am sure the girl grew it back.

Sarahlabyrinth
December 6th, 2014, 01:12 PM
Beautiful long hair photos, Laura! It was kind of them to allow you to take a photo. I think if you approach politely, and say that you are a member on a long hair forum, that they will be polite in return. Thanks for sharing your photos!

Madora
December 6th, 2014, 02:58 PM
Isn't it odd that someone who goes to the trouble to maintain those lengths really don't care about it that much? You would think ankle length hair would require some true "love" of the subject, but maybe not.

I know I rarely discuss hair topics outside the groups I am in, it is just considered too obsessive by the "normies".

Alas, some "long hairs" loathe their long hair! Why? Let my explain via a true story. In the early 60s I was in high school. A fellow classmate, who I did not know and shared no classes with, had the most astounding shiny, pure black hair. She usually wore it in a bun, day in, day out. One day, she appeared in the school play (a Sound of Music rip off) and she was wearing the most incredible looped braids that looped down to her waist and back up and around where the braid started. I could only admire from afar and wonder how long her hair was...and how long she'd been growing. I didn't ask her...her demeanor was not a friendly one. After graduation a few years later, I heard the very first thing she did was hack off those braids and got an ear skimming do. Her mother was the one who forced the long hair on her all those years...and she hated every.single.moment she had to endure them. Can't say I blame her for what she did!

Fericera
December 6th, 2014, 03:57 PM
LauraLongLocks those are amazing pictures! I'm always impressed by people who wear their hair down at such extreme lengths and keep it looking so healthy. I especially love the coloring in the second lady's hair. It looks like a beautiful horse's tail or something with the color variation all the way down the length. Very unique!

fiğrildi
December 6th, 2014, 05:45 PM
I have a few photos of longhairs I have seen in the wild, and have gotten their permission to take these photos and to post them to online hair forums.

This is an employee of my local Walmart. He is a really tall guy, and his hair is dreamy fine textured soft looking, though I did not touch it or ask to touch it. (That would have been creepy weird because of gender, but I wouldn't even ask a woman to touch her hair unless I knew her personally.)

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/Bestbirth/Walmartguywithlonghair.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Bestbirth/media/Walmartguywithlonghair.jpg.html)

This ponytail would look almost knee length on me! :agape:
Thanks for sharing your picts, Laura!

Beatnik Guy
December 6th, 2014, 07:02 PM
...but there's one thing I've learned about some long hairs...they're not really that much into it (like most of us are!). I know because I told an Indian girl (or perhaps she was Pakistani) who had truly astonishingly long hair (at least by the standards around here...it was ankle length and she wore it in a single braid) that she had magnificent hair and that she might enjoy reading more about long hair care on LHC. She was polite but seemed "meh" about the idea.

Some long hair folks certainly enjoy their own (great) lengths but aren't interested in hanging out online with other longhairs. By the time they have reached super lengths, there is not always so much to discuss. :)

SwanFeathers
December 15th, 2015, 09:45 AM
nice of her to allow you to photograph her. not sure how I would have responded to a stranger wanting to take my picture

Dessi
December 15th, 2015, 09:37 PM
Sarahlabyrinth,very beautiful hair really, but not more than yours! I actually thought it's your hair before reading the post. :D

Sarahlabyrinth
December 15th, 2015, 09:43 PM
Gosh, thank you Dessi :crush: Hers was much thicker and longer than mine though.

gossamer
December 16th, 2015, 05:47 AM

I started a thread about this back in March when a super nice guy in a grocery store asked to take pictures of my hair in an updo: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=130550

Most everyone seemed to respond positively to how I described the situation.

Sarahlabyrinth
February 8th, 2016, 08:04 PM
I found another longhair in the wild today - in front of me in the queue at the Post Office! We had a good chat about hair after I complimented her on her gorgeous hair. She told me my hair was "really long" and we chatted general hair stuff, I told her about TLHC - she said she doesn't go online much but sounded interested. She also gave me permission for these photos which I took on my phone. (It was rather a long queue so we had a good old chat, lol. She said she had just come from the hairdresser and had just had a trim, otherwise she would have had her hair up as it is a sticky hot day today and we agreed it is uncomfortable wearing hair down in hot weather).

She was older than me, probably late 50's but, oh - the hair! :thud:
It looked all virgin too.

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh582/Sarahlabyrinth/20eaecd9-6ee7-42d7-95ec-a9752a67d628.jpg

hennalonghair
February 8th, 2016, 08:42 PM
That's gorgeous Sarahlabyrinth . I enjoy meeting other long hairs in the wild.

Sarahlabyrinth
February 8th, 2016, 08:58 PM
That's gorgeous Sarahlabyrinth . I enjoy meeting other long hairs in the wild.

It was totally gorgeous. It's such fun talking to other longhairs, and there aren't many who don't enjoy getting a sincere compliment :)

Spinder
February 9th, 2016, 02:02 AM
I found another longhair in the wild today - in front of me in the queue at the Post Office! We had a good chat about hair after I complimented her on her gorgeous hair. She told me my hair was "really long" and we chatted general hair stuff, I told her about TLHC - she said she doesn't go online much but sounded interested. She also gave me permission for these photos which I took on my phone. (It was rather a long queue so we had a good old chat, lol. She said she had just come from the hairdresser and had just had a trim, otherwise she would have had her hair up as it is a sticky hot day today and we agreed it is uncomfortable wearing hair down in hot weather).

She was older than me, probably late 50's but, oh - the hair! :thud:
It looked all virgin too.

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh582/Sarahlabyrinth/20eaecd9-6ee7-42d7-95ec-a9752a67d628.jpg

Oh my, I love it curls perfectly at the ends, and that bow is adorable :D Gorgeous!

:thud: I am in awe.

llamacat
February 9th, 2016, 04:34 AM
All the hairs are just so beautiful!

school of fish
February 9th, 2016, 05:54 AM
Those little curls at the ends of that lady's hair at the post office!!! And that bow!!! So sweet :)

That must have been a sight for everyone there - you two beautiful heads of hair talking to each other :) :)

Sarahlabyrinth
May 21st, 2018, 03:48 AM
I have a new post for this thread! DH and I were waiting at the bus stop today to pick someone up and while we were waiting for the bus to arrive I noticed a Maori woman pacing back and forth with the most wonderful hair. I kept sneaking glances for a while and finally I complimented her and asked if I could get a photo. She said that she had had about a foot cut off last week, and that she has had her hair long for the past 30 years, we got into such a fun hair discussion that she almost missed her bus!

You see why I had to compliment her:

https://i.imgur.com/43ks3gO.jpg?1

zanelle
May 21st, 2018, 03:52 AM
I have a new post for this thread! DH and I were waiting at the bus stop today to pick someone up and while we were waiting for the bus to arrive I noticed a Maori woman pacing back and forth with the most wonderful hair. I kept sneaking glances for a while and finally I complimented her and asked if I could get a photo. She said that she had had about a foot cut off last week, and that she has had her hair long for the past 30 years, we got into such a fun hair discussion until suddenly she shrieked "OOOH! MY BUS!!! I have to go - lovely to meet you, and your long hair!

You see why I had to compliment her:

https://i.imgur.com/43ks3gO.jpg?1

Yep. Totally seeing it!
That thickness! Wondering if is wearing it down like this most of the time...

Sarahlabyrinth
May 21st, 2018, 03:56 AM
Yep. Totally seeing it!
That thickness! Wondering if is wearing it down like this most of the time...

I don't think she does because she was saying how it tangles and gets caught on stuff when she wears it loose. It was so stormy and windy today that I was surprised to see that she had it loose. Maybe it was for a special occasion. I wanted to talk hair care and micro trims and LHC but she nearly missed her bus as it was. We had such fun talking hair! She held the end of my braid and was admiring it too :)

Starrydandelion
May 21st, 2018, 04:24 AM
Sarahlabyrinth, that's so cool you you chatted her up and she didn't mind you taking a picture to share with us! She has wonderful hair, indeed. :cloud9:

Ligeia Noire
May 21st, 2018, 06:15 AM
And she had a foot cut. Wow. Beautiful, beautiful!

Glitch
May 21st, 2018, 01:16 PM
Ooh, beautiful! I wish I had the guts to ask for photos whenever I see something really pretty and out of the ordinary :D
I love her hair color a lot :o

Sarahlabyrinth
June 17th, 2018, 06:25 PM
I saw an older lady in the grocery store this morning with shiny, gleaming white hair up in a French Twist/fan bun hybrid. I told her how much I was admiring her pretty hair, the lovely colour and healthiness of it, and she told me that my compliments had done a lot to cheer her up as she was feeling down today, and feeling old.
She then said that she had just come from her sister's funeral and she was so grateful that I had said something which had cheered her up. We chatted for a little while more and then she said "God bless you".

I felt grateful myself, that I had had the opportunity to help her with her day, even just for a few moments.

Ligeia Noire
June 18th, 2018, 06:22 AM
How awesome Sarah.

Sarahlabyrinth
June 18th, 2018, 02:41 PM
How awesome Sarah.

It made my day better too, knowing that I had been a little help to her at a difficult time :)

Ligeia Noire
June 18th, 2018, 03:53 PM
Yes I know exactly what you mean.

CindyOfTheOaks
June 18th, 2018, 04:07 PM
I saw an older lady in the grocery store this morning with shiny, gleaming white hair up in a French Twist/fan bun hybrid. I told her how much I was admiring her pretty hair, the lovely colour and healthiness of it, and she told me that my compliments had done a lot to cheer her up as she was feeling down today, and feeling old.
She then said that she had just come from her sister's funeral and she was so grateful that I had said something which had cheered her up. We chatted for a little while more and then she said "God bless you".

I felt grateful myself, that I had had the opportunity to help her with her day, even just for a few moments.

...and that just made my day better reading this !

Sarahlabyrinth
June 18th, 2018, 04:55 PM
...and that just made my day better reading this !

Awww... :grouphug:

xsampa
June 19th, 2018, 03:46 AM
That’s really nice!