PDA

View Full Version : 4 years at LHC and a BIG trim! [Pictures!!!]

hypersensitive
December 1st, 2014, 03:42 PM
Hey everyone! It's time to celebrate another hair anniversary at the Long Hair Community! I can't believe I've been here for 4 years already! Time seems to fly! Unfortunately, a lot of pictures before the site upgrade are lost so I don't have many high quality pictures from 4 years ago.

Since 2010, I've been growing from BSL. Last month, I reached my longest length at 47.5 inches, or fingertip+ and I dip dyed the ends purple. Last week, I chopped off 17 inches where I am now at a very healthy waist+ length. Here is my length journey in pictures, enjoy!

2010, BSL
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7888&d=1385877574

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7889&d=1385877576

Jump forward 2 years to Feb, 2013, Reached Tailbone
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2633&d=1360799006

Half a year ago
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11530&d=1404001774

In August, I dyed my ends purple
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12741&d=1409262872
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12740&d=1409262870

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14165&d=1415251397

This is my longest length I have ever achieved:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14567&d=1417472156

This is where I am right now, after my big chop:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14566&d=1417472153

After having long hair for so long, this is a welcome change and I really love my new length! It's incredibly soft and healthy. I plan on dying it a slightly lighter shade of brown as well as cutting in long layers. I don't plan on growing it anywhere near classic or beyond in the near future. I quite like this length and although I think it's so short compared to what I had before, it's funny how most people outside of this forum thinks it is very long!

Kherome
December 1st, 2014, 03:44 PM
The chop looks awesome.

Wosie
December 1st, 2014, 03:48 PM
Wow, your hair looks great in every single picture! Did you have to bleach the ends before you dyed it purple? I've thought of doing that when my hair's gotten longer. :o

What an awesome journey (and hair!). :blossom:

spidermom
December 1st, 2014, 03:48 PM
Incredible! Please do share when you get layers. I got layers this year, and I like my hair so much better this way. It's funny because I'll look at pictures of when I had no layers, and it looks good, but I remember how frustrated I was with it almost every single day. So much weight!

Aurum
December 1st, 2014, 03:54 PM
Your hair is simply divine, no matter the length. It was gorgeous at BSL, it was gorgeous at fingertip, and now it's gorgeous at waist. Congrats on a great chop, and good luck with your future endeavors! :cheer:

Madora
December 1st, 2014, 03:57 PM
Thanks for sharing your photos, Hypersensitive. Your new "look" is terrific! What a beautiful head of hair you have!

julee
December 1st, 2014, 04:02 PM
Your hair is stunning and I love your new length! :thudpile: I'm planning to maintain a similar length, about 1-2" from where I am now.

lapushka
December 1st, 2014, 04:30 PM
You were past FTL, that is awesome to have gained such a milestone. In any case, the chop looks great and I hope you enjoy your new do. :D

jacqueline101
December 1st, 2014, 04:31 PM
Your new look is stunning. Thanks for sharing photos.

embee
December 1st, 2014, 04:32 PM
Just lovely, every step of the way. :)

MsPharaohMoan
December 1st, 2014, 05:00 PM
Simply gorgeous at all lengths! Your ends look so thick with your new chop, bet it feels awesome to touch... -grabby hands-

Laura_F
December 1st, 2014, 05:10 PM
Your hair looks beautiful, before and after. Glad you're pleased with it!

LauraLongLocks
December 1st, 2014, 05:15 PM
Beautiful mane, at all lengths!

MiamiPineapple
December 1st, 2014, 05:35 PM
your hair looks so thick now!

McFearless
December 1st, 2014, 05:37 PM
Your latest cut looks amazing.

Amapola
December 1st, 2014, 05:43 PM
The incredible journey - your hair is so beautiful. Congrats on your new 'do!

Aurum
December 1st, 2014, 05:47 PM
Just curious -- are you going to do anything with the chopped hair? It would be neat to use some of it for a bracelet!

dellad
December 1st, 2014, 06:36 PM
Wow, your hair looks great at every length.

Sarahlabyrinth
December 1st, 2014, 06:47 PM
Your hair is beautiful in every one of those photos! Enjoy your new length:)

Ingrid
December 1st, 2014, 07:37 PM
Chiming in to say your hair looks absolutely gorgeous at every length :) Congratulations!

Chocowalnut
December 1st, 2014, 07:48 PM
I love your hair :)

Beckstar
December 1st, 2014, 08:18 PM
Beautiful, thud worthy hair!

momschicklets
December 1st, 2014, 08:35 PM
Incredible! Your hair is fantastic at all lengths and I really love the new "look" Congrats!

truepeacenik
December 1st, 2014, 09:13 PM
I well remember your gorgeous hair from meets, and I can image how nice those ends are.

I trimmed four inches and now have blunt ends. I'm relearning some buns. Are you finding the ends have a mind if their own?

Gumball
December 1st, 2014, 09:15 PM
Happy anniversary! Excellent progress! The new length really suits you.

Santi
December 1st, 2014, 09:42 PM
Happy Anniversary, Hypersensitive!

Rushli
December 1st, 2014, 09:44 PM
:agape: wonderful!!!!!!

GabrielleRose
December 1st, 2014, 11:36 PM
Happy anniversary! Your hair is absolutely gorgeous at all lengths, and the new chop definitely suits you!

hypersensitive
December 1st, 2014, 11:57 PM
Thank you everyone! I'm glad you all like it! Thanks for the support!! :o

Wow, your hair looks great in every single picture! Did you have to bleach the ends before you dyed it purple? I've thought of doing that when my hair's gotten longer. :o

What an awesome journey (and hair!). :blossom:

Yes, I bleached the ends with Manic Panic Flash Lightning and then dyed it with Manic Panic and Special Effects for a two tone purple. I have a thread describing my process here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=125748) if you are interested.

Incredible! Please do share when you get layers. I got layers this year, and I like my hair so much better this way. It's funny because I'll look at pictures of when I had no layers, and it looks good, but I remember how frustrated I was with it almost every single day. So much weight!

I'm a little nervous with getting layers because I've had a one length cut for so long, but I'm also excited to do something "new" to my hair! The ends are just too thick. Tapered ends are actually better for tucking in updos.

Simply gorgeous at all lengths! Your ends look so thick with your new chop, bet it feels awesome to touch... -grabby hands-

*slap away* ;)

Just curious -- are you going to do anything with the chopped hair? It would be neat to use some of it for a bracelet!

My mother is giving it to a friend of hers where they will use it for theater masks used in Chinese opera, or so I'm told.

I well remember your gorgeous hair from meets, and I can image how nice those ends are.

I trimmed four inches and now have blunt ends. I'm relearning some buns. Are you finding the ends have a mind if their own?

The ends are actually quite obedient simply because I've been wearing my hair down and I'm happy to let them do whatever they will. Maybe because the ends are so thick and all the weight on the end, my hair actually seems to have straightened.

Anyway, I am loving this length much more than fingertip. It's less of a bother and it doesn't get caught into things are easily. It's easier to comb and it takes less time to braid and dry. It's a lot more slippery, which is great but it comes with its own frustrations. I also have adjust making my everyday nautilus to account for the thicker and shorter length. Certain styles won't work anymore simply because I no longer have the length to work with, like I can no longer do a single plait and have it completely encircle my head, which was really cool. Still, I'm so glad to have gone on this four year journey and made the decision to cut off so much at once. My friends and family don't notice I even got haircut because to them, it's still looks like I have long hair. But I know you guys would have remarked about it if you saw me IRL. Thanks again everyone for the compliments!

Adiro
December 2nd, 2014, 12:06 AM
Your hair was really beautiful when long, but it is gorgeous now when a bit shorter! and at the new length you have way more chances to wear it "down" than before, simply because it's way more manageable! I am at about tailbone now and I cannot wear it free anymore, because it gets caught into everything. Sometimes I consider chopping to just under the waist, but then I have the ambition to reach classic once in a lifetime, before I become too old for this ( in my own little world, that is)

I however would NOT cut layers, if I were you, I would leave it thick and blunt, and enjoy it like that for a while...... and if it gets damaged or something, I would do layers only then.... It's just so beautiful as as, right now.....

Johannah
December 2nd, 2014, 01:22 AM
I've always been a fan of your hair! Now you can see your hair is really healthy and your hemline is really thick! Beautiful!

Selkie-
December 2nd, 2014, 01:53 AM
Lovely hair in all of the pictures! I am glad you sound so happy with your new cut. :)

Vanilla
December 2nd, 2014, 03:46 AM
I love your longer hair, but your new cut looks fabulous too! Happy anniversary!

schatten
December 2nd, 2014, 04:04 AM
I thought noooo not a big chop! But I really love how your hair turned out to be! I love your hair in all lengths, you are one of the heads of hair I really admire! :o

Nebulae
December 2nd, 2014, 04:29 AM
You have truly thudworthy hair! :thudpile:
Your new length really suits you, I bet that's really refreshing :D

Tini'sNewHair
December 2nd, 2014, 05:08 AM
Every. Single. Photo. Is. Incredible!!!!!!!!! Your hair is stunning no mater what you do! WOW!

fiğrildi
December 2nd, 2014, 06:21 AM
Longer or shorter, your hair is... :thudpile:

I remember your post when you dyed your ends purple. You're one of my hair heroes here ;)
Congrats on your 4th hairyversary!

AmyBeth
December 2nd, 2014, 09:47 AM
So beautiful, Hypersensitive. I adored your super-long hair, I'm a sucker for ultra-long hair. But oh my, how gorgeous and healthy and shiny it is after your "trim"! It's still plenty long enough to merit a "Wow!" Congralutations on your anniversary!

Begemot
December 2nd, 2014, 11:46 AM
Every. Single. Photo. Is. Incredible!!!!!!!!! Your hair is stunning no mater what you do! WOW!

This! Congrats for four very good TLHC years :blossom:

yahirwaO.o
December 2nd, 2014, 12:21 PM
I love the new thick blunt hemline.. ... truly beautiful!!!!!

Savvyhorsez
December 2nd, 2014, 02:48 PM
Happy Anniversary, your hair looks great!

hypersensitive
December 2nd, 2014, 03:43 PM
You guys are awesome! Thank you!!! :flower:

I however would NOT cut layers, if I were you, I would leave it thick and blunt, and enjoy it like that for a while...... and if it gets damaged or something, I would do layers only then.... It's just so beautiful as as, right now.....

Hmmm you are right. I can always add in layers at a later time. Plus once I get layers, it won't be as thick and warm which I NEED for the winter! Haha!

velorutionista
December 2nd, 2014, 03:59 PM
I seriously love your hair at every length! Those purple ends were fantastic, but I bet the new ends are super soft, too!

Crumpet
December 2nd, 2014, 05:17 PM
Amazing hair in each picture! You had incredible growth from BSL to hip! Your chop looks great, though I think I'd support any of your hair decisions since it looks good each time.

Schipperchow
December 2nd, 2014, 05:49 PM
Simply beautiful at every length. I know someone who has a purple fringe and gets complements on the color many times when I am with her.

ZeppHead
December 4th, 2014, 04:12 PM
I agree with the post saying no to layers. Obviously its your hair and your decision but it's so gorgeous in a blunt hemline. What I would do for hair like yours! ! :)

chillerthanice
December 4th, 2014, 11:44 PM
That awkward moment when you can't see any pictures.....

But your avatar is stunning, so I don't doubt the magnificence of the photos.

Congrats for being around here so long! :cheer:

ghost
December 5th, 2014, 01:18 AM
Your hair is amazingly thick and pretty. It looks great at any length!

Zebra Fish
December 5th, 2014, 01:52 AM
Wow! Just wow! Very pretty hair. And adding to those who advice not to cut layers. At least not immediately. Looks wonderful. And the purple ends are so cool.

Henrietta
December 9th, 2014, 02:20 AM
Your ends are impressive now. I know what I'm saying since I've been waiting for healthy, thick ends for nearly 5 years, and there are still years to wait :)

MissMoppet
December 9th, 2014, 03:59 AM
You have amazing hair. I love its shine! I think the newest length really suits you, and I love your natural haircolor. It would love if this were my natural shade. I keep dying my brown hair a darker shade of brown, so I smiled when I read that you want yours a few shades lighter.

To me your current length looks perfect, and still long In my books. I understand though that after having hair as long as yours got, it would definitely feel short.

Thanks for sharing!

MeowScat
December 9th, 2014, 07:38 AM
You have ridiculously gorgeous hair! Wow!

savfairy
December 9th, 2014, 08:13 AM
What beautiful and inspiring hair! :blossom:

Agnes Hannah
December 9th, 2014, 12:02 PM
Absolutely incredible hair! What ever length you choose, you will look stunning!

pearlsandpinups
December 9th, 2014, 12:17 PM
Your chop looks awesome, I love the blunt ends! :) (I'm a sucker for thick, blunt ends!) Beautiful, healthy hair!!

nakima
December 23rd, 2014, 05:52 PM
very nice and what an awesome journey and it only took 4 years! I am amazed! and your hair is just lovely! Thank you for the pix what an inspiration you are.

teddygirl
December 23rd, 2014, 07:16 PM
Beautiful! I love your new length. I think my favourite of your photos was the 2nd one, but they are ALL gorgeous!

Kome
December 23rd, 2014, 08:30 PM
Holy crap! I can't believe you got your hair that long in just four years. I can't seem to stop trimming mine long enough to get it past hip length. Just amazing and beautiful! I love the purple ends the the blunt cut. It's really pretty. :)