PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help me se hair type?

Bananfot
November 29th, 2014, 08:56 AM
Hei! im new here. I was wondering if somebody could help me se what type of hair i have and?:)

This photo you can se my current hair, its a bit colord bu cassia, specialy in the ends where the hair is bleached. Its a bit wavy, but the waves gets softer after brushing it, but it also depends on the wheater and other stuff. Some time my hair is very flyffy!! people have calld me hippie because it looks like the hair they had in the 60/70s:P the day this photo was taken my hair was a bit flatter then usual.

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z427/0torny0/DSCF4980da.jpg

tigereye
November 29th, 2014, 09:11 AM
Have you brushed your hair in the above photo?
It's hard to type your hair properly unless it's been air-dried and touched as little as possible, including no brushing once dry.

lapushka
November 29th, 2014, 09:53 AM
Yes you can't brush it before taking a hairtyping picture. You just need to wash, condition, let dry (leave it alone, no comb, no brush).

GetMeToWaist
November 29th, 2014, 09:57 AM
Looks 1c/2a F to me but as others have said, no brushing before HT pics.

lapushka
November 29th, 2014, 10:26 AM
I'd say 1c.

Wosie
November 29th, 2014, 10:38 AM
A bit flatter than usual, you say? Like others've asked, did you brush your hair before you took the picture? I think you're a 1c/2a (if your hair was untouched) or 2a (if you brushed it).

Johannah
November 29th, 2014, 12:14 PM
I'd say 1c as well.

Anje
November 29th, 2014, 04:24 PM
I agree, your hair really looks like it's wavy and was brushed out. I think I'd call it 1c if that's it untouched, but I'll bet that if you tried some of the Curly Girl techniques, you'd end up with something closer to 2b. No way to say till you try it, though.

Bananfot
November 29th, 2014, 04:33 PM
Oh! I brush it.. I will take a new photo later:) Thans for the tips:)

lapushka
November 29th, 2014, 04:38 PM
Oh! I brush it.. I will take a new photo later:) Thans for the tips:)

Oh great! Can't wait. :D

Bananfot
November 29th, 2014, 04:39 PM
A bit flatter than usual, you say? Like others've asked, did you brush your hair before you took the picture? I think you're a 1c/2a (if your hair was untouched) or 2a (if you brushed it).

Yes it was a little flatter then usual even if i brushed it, my hair can look a little differen for time to time, i am still trying out different soaps and bar that i like, but i think i found my stapel rutine now.
My hair is flatter when i don`t brush it out, but it looks very frissy, i can never get realy straight hair, only whit silicone and bad shampoos my hair gets realy heavy.

Bananfot
November 30th, 2014, 08:24 AM
I tried to se on the forum how to measure hair leangth, but i could not find anything... I think i measured wrong when i made my profile, and the second time, maybe i did it wrong this time also?..I tried to find a photo in google but...
Is it from the start of the hairline and back down?

Like this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH84uWZFxsM

katieing
November 30th, 2014, 08:46 AM
Yes, that's how to measure your hair :) Measuring this way keeps the point constant to get an accurate measure every time

Bananfot
November 30th, 2014, 01:43 PM
Yes, that's how to measure your hair :) Measuring this way keeps the point constant to get an accurate measure every time

Ah! Thanks:) Good to know how to do it:)

Bananfot
December 1st, 2014, 04:26 PM
Here is a new photo! No brushing, new washed:D I had a little to much oil in my hair, it was almost to the point of tiny bit "stringy", and i think it was a little more heavy then usual and not compleatly dry yet. but i think it is good enough:)
I think the type is 1c/2a? hmm yhea... what do you guys think?

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z427/0torny0/IMG_20141201_225643-copy.jpg

Aurum
December 1st, 2014, 04:32 PM
I'm sorry to say that oiling will interfere with hairtyping too. The picture needs to reflect your hair's true waves, and any kind of manipulation (brushing, oiling, braiding, etc.) will affect how it looks. Hairtyping is very finicky.

But hey, we're making progress. I would definitely put you in the 2 range from what I've seen. :)

lapushka
December 1st, 2014, 04:37 PM
That looks 2a to me.

Bananfot
December 1st, 2014, 04:39 PM
ah:( hehe oki:) I thought that i could use oil mask/soaking before i washed my hair, because i don`t use any conditioner. So i have to not use any oil? Because i use the oil instede of conditioner. ah this is tricky! hehe

MsPharaohMoan
December 1st, 2014, 04:54 PM
Ah my. Treat it like a clarify - shampoo your scalp, then get another gloop of shampoo and massage it into the length and ends gently. Your hair won't die from being uncovered by conditioner or oils :) And once your snap the pic of dry hair you can always oil it after. But yes, I definitely agree you're in the two range, your underlayer looks more curly than the canopy... Excited for the updated pic! I know this can be a bit of a pain but it's nice to know what you've got to work with.

Bananfot
December 1st, 2014, 04:58 PM
Oki. I will try tomorrow agian!!:)

spidermom
December 1st, 2014, 06:56 PM
I don't think you have to be so fussy about the exact type. Basically you want to know if you're straight, wavy, or curly. I'd say you are definitely wavy, a 2 type, 2B to my eye.

The only reason to know hair type is that if you see other wavy hair you like, you can try a similar routine or haircut. Well, there are probably other reasons, but that's the main one here.

Bananfot
December 2nd, 2014, 10:44 AM
Oi! Now i think i did every think right:) Here is a lot of photos of my hair.

Back, new washed, no oil, no brush!:)

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z427/0torny0/IMG_20141202_175502-copydsd.jpg

front, i se 2 curls on the left side and stronger waves around the face.

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z427/0torny0/IMG_20141202_155037rwrw.jpg

closer look at the left front

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z427/0torny0/IMG_20141202_155012-copyvxvx.jpg

closer look at the right side

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z427/0torny0/IMG_20141202_155119dwsd.jpg

ravenheather
December 2nd, 2014, 10:51 AM
Very pretty. I'd say 2A/B.

ETA: I really like the unbrushed wavies.

Wosie
December 2nd, 2014, 10:57 AM
Very nice hair, Bananfot! ^_^ You are a clear 2a in my eyes, so I'm sticking to my guns. ;)

Bananfot
December 2nd, 2014, 11:09 AM
Thans for the nice compliment Ravenheather and Wosie :) I have learnd a new trick to keep the waves after washing, only use combs in stead of brushes :) hehe learning new things everyday in here!!!:)

Wosie
December 2nd, 2014, 11:20 AM
The hair around your face looks decidedly more wavy than how it looks from the back. :agree: So 2a if I'm only judging the first picture, and 2a/2b in the other pictures. I can assure you that you can drop the 1c, either way!

Is your hair used to be wavy, or did you always brush it out previously, so that you never saw your waves clearly?

By the way, when I first saw somebody called Bananfot was the latest poster of a thread, I thought a Swede had joined LHC. :D

Bananfot
December 2nd, 2014, 11:47 AM
I knew my hair was wavy, just a little only, but when i droped the conditioner and and went nopoo my hair become more wavye, and when i use more oils my hair get less wavy. But it was fun to document how different my hair can be, since summer after i cuit sulfate and conditoner my hair was suuuuper fluffy! hahaXD everyone said that i had 60/70`s hippie hair, not that wavy only super fluff. Now that i have descover the comb its nice to chose if i want "very wavy and not so fluff/frissy" or hippie hair:) Because i like the 60/70`style and look very much:)

Haha!:) I think one of my great grandparetns was swede sami, so i maybe a little swede;) hehe Bananfot is the same in Swedish and Norwegian i think? Do you understand norwegian Woise?:)

Begemot
December 2nd, 2014, 11:48 AM
Your hair looks beautiful! Very pretty waves, I think I can see even some spiral curls in the front :) Like others have said you are probably 2 something, 2A or 2B.

Annalouise
December 2nd, 2014, 12:27 PM
Your hair is curlier in the front than the back! That's interesting.:o Mine is the opposite.

I didn't know that for hair typing one shouldn't use conditioner! I learned something new today.

Arete
December 2nd, 2014, 12:40 PM
Hmmm... this is making me want to wash my hair with just shampoo to see what happens... Not that I'd ever do that normally (AHHHHH! THE FRIZZ) As my hair needs conditioning, but I think I might get in the 3A territory more....

Sarahlabyrinth
December 2nd, 2014, 12:46 PM
I think you are a 2a or 2b. I'm a 2b! Welcome!

Anje
December 2nd, 2014, 12:47 PM
I think I'm going to average it out to about 2b. I think I'd call the front 2c (spirals!) and the back gets down toward 2a.

Bananfot
December 2nd, 2014, 02:23 PM
Your hair is curlier in the front than the back! That's interesting.:o Mine is the opposite.

I didn't know that for hair typing one shouldn't use conditioner! I learned something new today.

I think it maybe because my hair is thinner in the front. I had shaved sides when i started growing from a short pixie with long fringe, and the fringe had bits inside that was fried of... so i have a lot for shorter hair in the front. hmm i dont know, hair is so interesting!:)

Bananfot
December 2nd, 2014, 02:28 PM
Hmmm... this is making me want to wash my hair with just shampoo to see what happens... Not that I'd ever do that normally (AHHHHH! THE FRIZZ) As my hair needs conditioning, but I think I might get in the 3A territory more....

hehe yes the frizz! I love how the hair change texture after weather and so on!:) I like my hair also when its frizzy;p but some says i have a wierd taste;)

Bananfot
December 2nd, 2014, 02:44 PM
So i think i go for 2a/2b. Sad i can`t get 3 types at once!;) hehe

Sarahlabyrinth
December 2nd, 2014, 03:03 PM

Haha don't be greedy:p

Bananfot
December 2nd, 2014, 03:07 PM

Bananfot
December 2nd, 2014, 03:13 PM