PDA

View Full Version : Do you do ACV rinse with every wash?

optimisticStar
November 27th, 2014, 01:08 PM
I am new to the ACV rinse and mainly using it to have less tangles in my hair. I wash my hair twice a week and both the times I used ACV rinse this week. No doubt it did help with tangles to some extent and did make my hair smoother and shinier, but I also feel very light on my head now like I have little to no hair :p

I had also applied egg yogurt hair mask before washing my hair which also works as conditioner, so I wonder if it was too much of conditioning for my hair.

Do you guys do ACV with every wash or just once a week or twice a month?

Wosie
November 27th, 2014, 01:18 PM
I can definitely use it after every wash if I'd want to, but I'm a pretty lazy gal so I don't. I think my hair benefits best when I do an AVC rinse once a week or so, any additional rinse neither helps or worsens the state of it.

When you say that your head and hair feel light, I'm guessing it's because an ACV rinse tend to make the hair less fluffy and flatter (at least for me). :)

Sarahlabyrinth
November 27th, 2014, 01:59 PM
I do a white vinegar rinse with every wash.

Chromis
November 27th, 2014, 02:18 PM
I do an acid rinse every single wash. I usually wash once a week. It makes such an amazing difference on my hair, I have so many fewer tangles and a lot more shine. Even better than cones!

optimisticStar
November 27th, 2014, 02:25 PM
I do an acid rinse every single wash. I usually wash once a week. It makes such an amazing difference on my hair, I have so many fewer tangles and a lot more shine. Even better than cones!

For next week, I will try once a week. But yes even I love it because of the fewer tangles. Few tangles = less breakage for my hair.

Sterlyn
November 27th, 2014, 02:43 PM
I do an ACV rinse after every wash, helps with frizz and seems to help combat our very hard water so that I don't have to use a chelating shampoo as often.

Nadine <3
November 27th, 2014, 02:46 PM
Yes, I do a vinegar rinse with every wash. I put EO's in my to hopefully stimulate growth and help my shedding. It's been working nicely! I shed less when I do them.

Madora
November 27th, 2014, 02:53 PM
I am new to the ACV rinse and mainly using it to have less tangles in my hair. I wash my hair twice a week and both the times I used ACV rinse this week. No doubt it did help with tangles to some extent and did make my hair smoother and shinier, but I also feel very light on my head now like I have little to no hair :p

I had also applied egg yogurt hair mask before washing my hair which also works as conditioner, so I wonder if it was too much of conditioning for my hair.

Do you guys do ACV with every wash or just once a week or twice a month?

If you love your hair, ditch the egg stuff. Eggs have molecules that don't like hair. They will leave your hair cranky and a mess.

I've never used an ACV with shampooing. I use mineral oil for detangling purposes. Easy peasy, with great detangling properties, washes out in the next shampoo, moisturizes, helps tame frizzies. Wonderful stuff! Use it SPARINGLY..2 OR 3 drops applied to hands first, then hands run thru hair several times. Works best on hair that has been clarified with a claryifying shampoo (be sure to deep condition after clarifying). Can also be used on damp (not wet!) hair. Best used when used ALONE. If you try it, be sure to get the MO that contains only the oil plus a fragrance. Additives made MO less effective.

Sarahlabyrinth
November 27th, 2014, 03:00 PM
I use the vinegar to combat hard water, and also use the mineral oil afterwards on damp hair - it's brilliant stuff!

Carolyn
November 27th, 2014, 03:09 PM
The only times I've ever used a (white) vinegar rinse is way back when I was trying out Aubrey Organics and CV poo bars. Hated both so I didn't continue the rinses. For those of you who use conventional S & C and use a vinegar rinse, do you do it before or after conditioning? I've been afraid to do it after conditioning. I don't want to negate all the nice benefits of my conditioner.

Sterlyn
November 27th, 2014, 03:10 PM
I use the vinegar to combat hard water, and also use the mineral oil afterwards on damp hair - it's brilliant stuff!

I was using the MO after washes and really pleased with how it moisturized, for some reason I got away from it. I will have to start using it again now that the cold weather is here, I agree with you the stuff is amazing.

Sterlyn
November 27th, 2014, 03:12 PM
The only times I've ever used a (white) vinegar rinse is way back when I was trying out Aubrey Organics and CV poo bars. Hated both so I didn't continue the rinses. For those of you who use conventional S & C and use a vinegar rinse, do you do it before or after conditioning? I've been afraid to do it after conditioning. I don't want to negate all the nice benefits of my conditioner.

I use mine after I condition and I don't rinse mine out afterward. It seems to help my hair feel better moisturized and soft, as well as much less frizzy.

Taenarian
November 27th, 2014, 03:52 PM
Like Sterlyn, I ACV rinse after every condish. I condish after every wash so my answer is still yes, I ACV rinse every time and I'm pretty generous with it.

MeAndTheMaz
November 27th, 2014, 09:31 PM
I also ACV after wash/cond. No rinse after. It serves as cold water rinse. It really does seem to leave my hair quite soft. The smell goes away when dry.

My wash day routine has gotten quite involved these days.

Rowdy
November 27th, 2014, 10:42 PM
Has anyone noticed much of a difference between using white or ACV? Does it matter?

Sterlyn
November 28th, 2014, 06:34 AM
I can't say that I've noticed any difference between the cider vinegar or the white as far as conditioning and softening etc. I only use the white because after I transitioned to my natural color there was a concern that the cider vinegar could stain light hair. Other than that I never noticed any difference between the two and I've used both in the past.

Zebra Fish
November 28th, 2014, 08:36 AM
Not after every wash. After every dying, sometimes in between (rarely), and even them mostly only on length. And I dye every 2,5 months in average :p

empress3
November 28th, 2014, 10:54 AM
I have been using ACV mixed with a bit of tea tree, peppermint oil and steeped rosemary tea after every wash (once a week) as a cold rinse. I like how it conditions my hair :)!

Katlette
November 28th, 2014, 01:46 PM
Inspired by this thread, I just did an ACV rinse - my hair feels like heaven! I should be doing this with every wash, but I'm too lazy.

I do have to rinse throughly afterwards though. I don't know if I'm just particularly sensitive to the vinegary smell, but it seems to linger for ages.

gthlvrmx
November 28th, 2014, 02:34 PM
Yes i do an ACV rinse every wash. I only wash once a week or once every 2 weeks so i leave the ACV in my hair after the rinse. It really makes my hair more slippery and smooth.

Bananfot
November 29th, 2014, 07:28 AM
I use ACV after every wash. I have to wash my hair 3 times a week because of sobreic eczema. So it helps my hair and ends healty pluss i use hair oils after wash. I don`t understand why i didt use ACV before!!! its amazing to my hair:)