PDA

View Full Version : Regrowth Result!

ChloeDharma
November 26th, 2014, 08:09 PM
So as some members here might remember I suffered with hairloss since 2007. At one point I managed to regain a lot of thickness along with substantially speeding up my growth but sadly I had to leave my home and move in with my father and just kind of stopped doing the routine. Well this year I decided to tackle it again. For a few years I really neglected my hair and for the last few years really abused it with rough handling. My length is very broken and I think this prompted me to start taking care of it.
I've been oiling it since before the summer, applying essential oils to my scalp, massaging my scalp, using a BBB for bent over brushing and for a little while I've been using Ayurvedic oils on my scalp and applying methi seed as a conditioner.

Well I've noticed my roots are looking fuller after I wash my hair andmy boyfriend commented on it one time too but that was just after ding my henna so that would have influenced how it looked. Anyway, tonight I spent the evening with my sister and we were talking hair and scalp oils, brushing etc so I said to her "what do you think of the hair here?" pointing at the temple area where my hair had thinned a lot before. She had a close up look and went "bloody hell yes! The thinning used to go right back but loads of it has filled in!" I thought it had which is why I asked her but wanted a reliable second opinion.

It seems this scalp care is paying off. My length is obviously still thin but The newer growth certainly has more volume so I'm hoping the thickness carries on down as it grows.

I know a few people here are struggling with hair loss so hopefully this will give some hope.

fiğrildi
November 27th, 2014, 05:30 AM
That's great news :)
I'm glad that you're recovering from your hair loss, it seems like you're doing it well! Congrats :flower:

ChloeDharma
November 27th, 2014, 06:15 AM
That's great news :)
I'm glad that you're recovering from your hair loss, it seems like you're doing it well! Congrats :flower:

Thank you :flower: It's early days but looks promising. I was careful to avoid jumping to conclusions particularly as the methi does add volume as well as stimulating growth. Having someone else confirm it feels very good though :)

katielea
November 27th, 2014, 07:49 AM
That is such great news! I gotta try some methi packs, thanks for the tip!

Annalouise
November 27th, 2014, 08:16 AM
Congratulations Chloedharma! That is great. What are you using to wash your hair?

lapushka
November 27th, 2014, 08:20 AM
I'm sad there are no pictures. Congrats on your results. :)

ChloeDharma
November 27th, 2014, 05:54 PM
Congratulations Chloedharma! That is great. What are you using to wash your hair?

Thank you :) I'm using a shampoo by Mistry's to wash my hair. It's ingredients (from memory) are Aloe vera gel, aritha/reetha/soapnut, shikakai, soapwort, nettle and rosemary. I admit I love the convenience of a premade product but wanted to just wash with herbs so this is a good product for me. My conditioner is home made, I use methi seed as the base then add brahmi and now henna. I do play around with it a bit but methi seed is a constant.

Lapushka, yes it's a shame I don't have any. I never thought to take them when I started getting back into this routine and I'm one of those people who does their best to avoid photos generally. To be honest I think deep down I didn't really expect regrowth results I mainly expected the growth I have to look nicer and more shiny.

gthlvrmx
November 27th, 2014, 06:10 PM
Congratulations! That's very great news! :)

winship2
November 29th, 2014, 10:14 AM
Oh, I'm so happy for you! Thanks for sharing the good news :)

Catatafish
November 29th, 2014, 11:13 AM
Congratulations! :)

Annalouise
November 29th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Thank you :) I'm using a shampoo by Mistry's to wash my hair. It's ingredients (from memory) are Aloe vera gel, aritha/reetha/soapnut, shikakai, soapwort, nettle and rosemary. I admit I love the convenience of a premade product but wanted to just wash with herbs so this is a good product for me. My conditioner is home made, I use methi seed as the base then add brahmi and now henna. I do play around with it a bit but methi seed is a constant.

Lapushka, yes it's a shame I don't have any. I never thought to take them when I started getting back into this routine and I'm one of those people who does their best to avoid photos generally. To be honest I think deep down I didn't really expect regrowth results I mainly expected the growth I have to look nicer and more shiny.

I can't help but think that what you are washing your hair with is contributing to the increase in growth. From what I have read, people who experience balding (not genetic) but hair loss, are greatly aided by discontinuing the use of chemicals on their scalp and replacing it with herbs like soapnuts or using a gentle castile soap followed by a vinegar rinse. Irritation from chemicals can lead to increased hair fall for some people.

ChloeDharma
November 29th, 2014, 11:51 AM
I can't help but think that what you are washing your hair with is contributing to the increase in growth. From what I have read, people who experience balding (not genetic) but hair loss, are greatly aided by discontinuing the use of chemicals on their scalp and replacing it with herbs like soapnuts or using a gentle castile soap followed by a vinegar rinse. Irritation from chemicals can lead to increased hair fall for some people.

Oh that's why I chose the shampoo. It has nettle and rosemary, both used for hair loss but also I remember using herbs to wash with contributed to much greater growth in the past. Combining this with the scalp massage, brushing, essential oils and herb oil extracts plus the methi packs seem to be the combination that work for me. I do love the shampoo though.

Johannah
November 29th, 2014, 12:15 PM
Congratulations! :blossom:

LauraLongLocks
November 29th, 2014, 12:28 PM
That's wonderful. So can you write out your routine for us here? I have wondered if extra scalp care could help people not suffering from hair loss to retain more thickness or increase their growth rate.

ChloeDharma
November 29th, 2014, 01:39 PM
That's wonderful. So can you write out your routine for us here? I have wondered if extra scalp care could help people not suffering from hair loss to retain more thickness or increase their growth rate.

I'll do my best although my routine is quite relaxed as I am not good at sticking to regular times and days etc.

Basically every day I manually stimulate my scalp with massage and brushing with a boar bristle brush. I do that morning and night time.

I oil my scalp most days but I vary which I use. I use the Sesa oil most nights as it's lighter, I use Pune Mahabhringraj oil usually 2 nights before a wash and then Khadi Vitalising oil the night before a wash. I chose these mainly for their bhringraj content but the Khadi I like because it includes castor oil too. It's rather thick which is why I use it the night before I wash but I probably could wear it out too I just haven't tried yet.
In the day I use various other oils to massage but mostly jojoba with ylang ylang and rosemary EO's added. The chemotype of the rosemary is important as ct verbenone is best for stimulating hair growth. I also add ylang ylang to the mahabhringraj oil though not the rosemary at night as it can be stimulating and part of my reason for using bhringraj at night is to help me sleep.
I should add that I do se other EO's too but those are my absolute must have ones.
Once or twice a week I use a treatment made of methi (fenugreek) seed and I add brahmi to it and recently henna too. It takes a long time to make because you have to wait for mucilage to release from the methi. Once ready I add rosemary and peppermint EO's to it and just started adding aloe gel. Oh and I wash with the above mentioned shampoo.

I should add that I suffered hair loss after illness in 2007 and some of this is based on what helped me regrow hair after that though it didn't just regrow it, it made my growth much faster. I had to change my routine though as I moved back in with my father and just couldn't keep it up anymore so lost the growth rate and some thickness, my hair never returned to the state it was at it's worst though but was still not as good as it can be. I got motivated again earlier this year, roughly before the summer but added things in slowly until a few months ago when I decided to throw myself back into it.

I'm a bit of a rambler so I'm not sure how easy that was to follow. Bear in mind it's early days and I think I need to wait longer before knowing how well this is working for improving thickness in the length but that comment from my sister the other night combined with her shocked reaction really did make me feel like I'm making progress.
Feel free to ask any more questions of course.

LauraLongLocks
November 29th, 2014, 04:00 PM
I think I can relate to and understand the massage, BBB, castor oil, and rosemary and peppermint EOs. Everything else was totally foreign to me, and seemed like a lot of work. If you oil your scalp every day, do you also wash everyday?

ChloeDharma
November 29th, 2014, 04:46 PM
I think I can relate to and understand the massage, BBB, castor oil, and rosemary and peppermint EOs. Everything else was totally foreign to me, and seemed like a lot of work. If you oil your scalp every day, do you also wash everyday?

Lol sorry, my routine is roughly based on traditional Indian hair care and I use oils, herbs etc that are traditionally used there. It sounds like a lot of work but day to day it isn't really. Just massaging my scalp, brushing and keeping it in a bun and oiling most nights. The wash is the most involved as I have to plan ahead making the fenugreek conditioner but I do that once or twice a week. I don't wash daily but I like to keep my hair oiled anyway so it works out well for me this way.

Here are links to the oils I use (the Indian ones anyway)

http://www.indien-produkte.de/product_info.php/language/en/info/p45_khadi-Vitalising-Hair-Oil.html

http://www.wiseshe.com/2013/08/sesa-hair-oil-review.html#

http://www.mahabhringarajoil.com/aboutus.htm

LauraLongLocks
November 29th, 2014, 05:11 PM
Lol sorry, my routine is roughly based on traditional Indian hair care and I use oils, herbs etc that are traditionally used there. It sounds like a lot of work but day to day it isn't really. Just massaging my scalp, brushing and keeping it in a bun and oiling most nights. The wash is the most involved as I have to plan ahead making the fenugreek conditioner but I do that once or twice a week. I don't wash daily but I like to keep my hair oiled anyway so it works out well for me this way.

Here are links to the oils I use (the Indian ones anyway)

http://www.indien-produkte.de/product_info.php/language/en/info/p45_khadi-Vitalising-Hair-Oil.html

http://www.wiseshe.com/2013/08/sesa-hair-oil-review.html#

http://www.mahabhringarajoil.com/aboutus.htm

Thanks for sharing the links and explaining. You're a fine 1b. How do you go around with oily hair day-to-day? I am a fine/medium 1c and don't think I could get away with it. I think I would look too greasy all the time. Is there a technique that you use so that you don't look like an oil-slick? Maybe I am envisioning using a lot more oil than you use? If you use a small amount of oil, how do you get it distributed throughout your scalp?

ChloeDharma
November 30th, 2014, 09:18 AM
Thanks for sharing the links and explaining. You're a fine 1b. How do you go around with oily hair day-to-day? I am a fine/medium 1c and don't think I could get away with it. I think I would look too greasy all the time. Is there a technique that you use so that you don't look like an oil-slick? Maybe I am envisioning using a lot more oil than you use? If you use a small amount of oil, how do you get it distributed throughout your scalp?

You're welcome. Well the Sesa oil is the lightest of the ones I use. I do try initially to just put a little bit of oil on my scalp for the first oiling. Some of it gets absorbed overnight but some remains. From the next night I just look oily but this works for me. I have annoying bits around my hair line that do not get tied back, being fine they stick up and the slightest air movement just makes me look like I've been dragged through a hedge backwards. Keeping my hair oiled just looks likeI've bunned my hair and used product to make my hair look sleek.
I'm also going to start experimenting with scarfs to wear as turbans etc to vary the look and provide more protection. I never wear my hair down so I think this makes it easier to get away with oiliness.